Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:11:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: After a Bad Sell  (Read 3735 times)
waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 07:40:17 AM

Remember small profit is better than nothing. Just wait correction to buy assets at lower prices.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rogovih

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:31:56 AM

No one can predict what will happen tomorrow . The market cannot be predicted, today one thing, tomorrow another .

Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:35:06 AM

No one can predict what will happen tomorrow . The market cannot be predicted, today one thing, tomorrow another .
The risk and failure are always in our life. No one perfect, maybe your instinct does not good when the time you decide to sell your coins. It always happen, not only in you. But the point is. We don't need to rush things, if you have a long patience then do it. Because we know the characteristics of the cryptos.
MFY151

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:36:42 AM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?

Already happen, accept the result and never do that again. The solution is only like that and never change but people have different opinion about it. There's nothing you can do " after ", but you can do something better " before ". For minimize loss you can use stop loss and stop greedy for bigger profit. Do that and you'll have better result.

If he is willing to take risks then there are still chance since the market is still starting to increase in price but then again he could always wait again for another market crash and buy again tokens for him to hold for another market pump, I think this would be the safest way theres no need to rush and make sudden choice that could worsen the scenario.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
slava87

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:48:21 AM

you still made money . there is nothing wrong with the fact that the price has increased several times .
elbimbo012

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:49:22 AM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?
This happen to all of us  in trading and its normal we don't know when coins price surge as long as you earn profit it is still a good sell just move on and take this as a learning experience so the next time you trade your decision may appropriate to what market condition is.

Nedrek

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:51:53 AM

You need to be calm and do not regret what has been achieved. I used to be upset when I earned x2 and then saw that I could earn x3 and more. But then I decided for myself that it's better to earn at least x2 than not to earn anything at all. It is necessary to rejoice at what has been achieved!
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:01:38 AM

When the price oversold we are should patient wait for pumping because 90% possibility this is will happen. To more understanding about technical analysis is really helpfull to maximize profit. When the price up trend and in the top already sell the coin by party so we can also not miss big profit when the price all the times high and going up more.
cryptomeo

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:07:38 AM

Just move on another trade/investment. I  always try not to consider any sales as bad as long it brings in profit or reaches our targets. Try to invest in you can afford to lose. There are so many cryptos bow with potential.

It will be almost impossible to sell at the peak all the time. Just set your target reward to risk ratio. Be discipline.
gempil

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:33:17 AM

You are taking the wrong time to sell your coins. You need to do more research on crypto and the market. You can do this by analyzing every graph that exists, and the factors that influence it. So for the future, you will not repeat the same error. Do not sell all your coins in a single transaction, set aside some for you to keep in the wallet. Because we will never know if one day the coin will grow.
EiKaGlaShPriSAThWEl

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:36:40 AM

Same situation happened to me. I checked the token price of the alt i am holding and notice that its price is now higher than its ICO price but it is red in coinmarket so I decided to sell it immediately because I think it may goes down more. But week passed by and its price kept rising up to $6. I am so angry with myself. I guess I underestimated the coin. Lately I realize it is a good coin for gamer.

What do I do ? I keep telling myself its okay to calm me even though I am so sad

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
cerberus5424

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:43:20 AM

Do nothing. If you sold before the coin grew up, there's nothing you can do about it. I usually do not sell all the coins, because I always have a fear that in a day they will grow 20 times.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:59:08 AM

Well that kind of things happened to me too, i set my target to xx price and when i sold my coin already then it continued to increase. I set my target based on the analysis that i've done so if my analysis is wrong then it's just opportunity loss, i will try to understand why the price increase even more and if i find that the price can increase even more, i will enter again, if not i won't force it and move to another coin.

gentlesam07

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:36:00 AM

Information is key,  you need to learn from investors that are no longer novice, this trend ( i.e increase and decrease in value) has a normal pattern over years and it's predictable. So to be successful you need proper information on patience and knowing what type of coin people now invest in. Be informed so won't be deformed.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:45:55 AM

Well that kind of things happened to me too, i set my target to xx price and when i sold my coin already then it continued to increase. I set my target based on the analysis that i've done so if my analysis is wrong then it's just opportunity loss, i will try to understand why the price increase even more and if i find that the price can increase even more, i will enter again, if not i won't force it and move to another coin.

there's nothing to do but do buy back and even harder in holding your coins, or you can focus on other coins and be sure to believe and not experience the same mistakes, a very uncertain path forces us to focus only on short-term gains so it does not have to sell everything and keep concentration for short-term orders on the coin.
jalaaal

Activity: 372

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:18:42 AM

Of course I feel bad with that kind of situation, but as long as you used it on something important, then you dont have nothing to regret about. you sell it because you need it, you said that you hold it for a long time then sell it, there is a reason why you sell it, right? if there is not, then its your fault for not believing on the coin you have invested in.

Kiefner

Activity: 921

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:21:47 AM

I think that this situation is impossible to predict, and therefore it is impossible to regret their actions. But I prefer to keep in the long run, so the probability that I miss the takeoff of any of his coin is extremely small.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
wowprolol

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:23:41 PM

I have such situation almost every week .... I sell and after a while the price grows even more
lafter

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 01:41:30 PM

I see you are trading by emotion so this is happening naturally. You must determine whether you are a holder or a trader; if the holder selects a good altcoin and holds for a long period of months to a year. And you define the trader, you need to invest a little knowledge of chart view, knowledge of technical analysis will help you enter the appropriate order, stop loss, take profit. BCH, GNT has good news, leading to fomo push up prices, this is unforeseeable so you do not regret what to do. And you have to understand the market is cyclical, this is the time to start recovering the market, and almost all the altcoins increase.
noah tall

Activity: 524

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:31:14 PM

It isn't like you or everyone knew it was going to boom the next day, right? Don't beat yourself up for it. I don't think there's nothing you can do with that as it already happened, though you could probably prevent it from happening. Probably be a bit more patient in the future(if you're long-term investing, that is)? Unless you're daytrading, then I don't think there's really anything you can do to prevent this from happening.
That is just the plain truth. The thing with market is that no one can expect anything; however, we can still play safe buying as well as play safe selling. The OP may not know much about selling in a market which is the main reason why he may be having such challenges. As long as the knowledge is there which a lot of people usually discard, knowing when to sell a market probably through divergence, trend line or so, is always the best way to get the best of any market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: