Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:41:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cut losses and re invest?  (Read 464 times)
TUMAS (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:23:06 PM

Ok so I currently have 15,000 TRX which I bought when it was at its highest.. Now the net cost is $2.5k but the current value is $900. If I sell my 15k at 900 and buy back my 15k tokens at 0.06 shouldnt I make a faster profit than waiting till the token hits 20c?
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:52:12 PM

If you are 100% sure that your next investment will give you fast profits - sell and make profits with another crypto. If you don't sure - hold, don't sell!
Harpawan

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:01:41 PM

Can be done, we sell altcoin the purchase price of altcoin. We slam the price in order to buy altcoin with new price. With consequences willing to accept loss.
In the hope of reimbursing profits from the new price altcoins.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:04:11 PM

If you are 100% sure that your next investment will give you fast profits - sell and make profits with another crypto. If you don't sure - hold, don't sell!

Exactly. Good advise would be to only sell when you absolutely need to. Crypto is a sure win if you play long term. Just look at all those bitcoin holders who simply forgot about their coins. Those who just held are filthy rich now compared to those who actively checked the price and ended up selling prematurely.
Afrizky R

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 01:05:17 PM

Ok so I currently have 15,000 TRX which I bought when it was at its highest.. Now the net cost is $2.5k but the current value is $900. If I sell my 15k at 900 and buy back my 15k tokens at 0.06 shouldnt I make a faster profit than waiting till the token hits 20c?
The choice is in your hand
calculate which one is what you want
if it is a cut loss and then buy below you get a profit then do it with a calculated risk worth it
if you do not dare to do it then re invest the best way while waiting for the price back to normal again

indeed a difficult choice for me
TUMAS (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:06:40 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong..

If I sell 15k @ 0.06 = $966 with a loss of $1,566

If I buy back 15K TRX @ 0.06 = $996

Now lets say it goes up to the price I bought TRX which is 0.22c = approx. $3K

If you deduct 3k from the loss of $ 1,566 =  $1,434

It would need to go up to 9c to start making a profit compared to waiting for more than double the value of the coin to make a profit.

xda-developer

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:06:51 PM

I think that it is not the time to cut loses. Just wait and hold. May be it takes few weeks, may be few months or may be year, but you will get profit anyway. To cut loses now it is the most stupid thing.

CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:09:33 PM

In this business, we are all have a freedom of choice, on which we used our good knowledge and idea, because we are all here joins crypto business in order to earn more money, but sometimes when we try to invest, there are some aspects which we are about to consider to avoid failure of income, but we must accept the reality that not all the time that we are always gaining, we consider also some failure and losses.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
chipmeow

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:10:24 PM

Do not rush in cut losses unless you need the cash instantly
My girlfriend also got FUD when she invested Ethereum at High price when I told her not to.

She keeps having issue of want to sell and buy other coins but I told her just have faith and wait

Now she is rather happy listening to me

Sometimes selling it and buying other coins might not even cover your losses unless that coin moons instantly

The only thing that comforts the person is that the new coin rises but truth is you already lose cash
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:10:48 PM

If you are in dilemma. You can get a win-win position. Sell some portion of TRX coins and buy other coins that you are sure will rise in prices. However, TRX is not a bad coin, and is rising in prices. I have also 12,000 TRX, and do not have any plan to sell it. I am sure it will go up in prices, and yield more profit for me.

ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:11:22 PM

Why cut losses and re-invest? I don't recommend doing that, but that's your investment, cryptocurrency marketcap already increase to $425B, just holding your tokens and wait for profit earning, remember crypto long term invest sure earn more profit than short term
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:13:55 PM

Why cut losses and re-invest? I don't recommend doing that, but that's your investment,

Sometimes you have to short, sometimes a project change for the worse or it's financially needed
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:21:32 PM

Are you sure the project behind that coin is good if yes then go ahead. If no then you should sell it and buy other coin that developed by skilled and honest people. I also suggest you to diversify your capital so you will not loss all of your money if one of project that you invest is fail.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:22:02 PM

I think selling now can be risky, if you have some spare funds try to buy some more trx from the bottom, this will give you overall better average and a chance to break even and profit earlier.

bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:33:28 PM

Are you sure the project behind that coin is good if yes then go ahead. If no then you should sell it and buy other coin that developed by skilled and honest people. I also suggest you to diversify your capital so you will not loss all of your money if one of project that you invest is fail.
Yes it depends on which project you are going to invest, but now the market is growing so my suggestion is to wait for some time you may sell your coins for a high price in coming days. If you have a proper plan and have confidence that you can earn money in short time then go ahead.
profit-shooter

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:39:48 PM

Hi, I would never recommend you to cut your losses because you don`t know the future of TRX coin if it will be going more down from noon or not! If the coin is good with good concept and team behind  - sooner or later it will come back to the highest point where you have bought it and I am sure that TRX has a very good potential of growth and this potential will be revealed in 2018. So It is only a matter of being patient and waiting. Hope you will follow my advice!
BenjaminFranklingwould

Activity: 335
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:45:33 PM

There is no easy answer for you obv. But MOST important questions you should answer to yourself:
  • why did I bought at the highs?
  • how to prevent this in the future?
  • how to study the market for the more accurate analysis?
  • how to change your strategy over time based on market changes?

When you answer to this honestly you will become a lot more successfull in the cryptocurrency market.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Cryptics

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:51:45 PM

Why do you want to cut loss right now instead of a few months / weeks ago?It's not recommened to cut loss now because the market already starting to recover and the sentiment is getting better. you can't predict the future either so you won't know when the price will go up or down and you can loss more than right now.

Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:55:36 PM

Great ideas. It is a matter of analyzing market situation. Why should you proceed your investment if it is still for losing. Make dip analysis in the market place of which potential altcoin to re-invest, then make selling for fast profits to earned and to recovered the losses of premature investment as well.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:57:42 PM

You can imagine that right now but the actual thing is the hardest part. I did the same error for investing to TRX at its highest but luckily I invested few mbtc's with it. Unlike yours that you are totally bought up with the hype that was well done by the marketing of Justin Sun. This is quite risky but if you are in a rush of recovering your losses, take the risk and don't blame others if the situation gets worse. Basically if I'm recovering losses through cutting it first, I'm good with a 10% loss but with your situation it's hard for me to assess.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: