Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:47:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons why not to invest in bitcoin?  (Read 1011 times)
Glomerulus22

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:15:59 AM

Well, couple of reasons come to my mind:
1. BTC is very volatile - that is the reason why it will not be the official currency in the world
2. Investing is quite risky especially for the conservative investors
3. There are some specifics of cryptomarket - like possible future forks, difficulties of mining, ban of big countries, slower blockchain adoption that could lead to bearish market maybe even for couple of years

(https://www.anonfork.io/) ANON - new privacy coin with very cheap masternodes! Join  (https://t.me/anonymousbitcoin)
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:24:45 AM

For me reasons not to invest in bitcoin are the following.

It is very volatile, if you can not handle swings of more than 20% downwards then you might sell it and you will lose some money.

It is still an speculative investment, nobody knows what will be happening to bitcoin or altcoin in the future. It can be the currency of the future or it can be banned.

coupable

Activity: 2408
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:25:35 AM

1. BTC is very volatile - that is the reason why it will not be the official currency in the world
Volatility is caused by determined factors and it's the case for most asset. The price will reach stability when the market reach it as well.

2. Investing is quite risky especially for the conservative investors
Investing was always risky even in traditional assets and this may not be a reason why not to invest in bitcoin because you will face the same risk somehow.

3. There are some specifics of cryptomarket - like possible future forks, difficulties of mining, ban of big countries, slower blockchain adoption that could lead to bearish market maybe even for couple of years
Those points are the resume of the investment fear.
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:16:32 AM

There are many shortcomings of bitcoin when we see it. One example is the price is unstable and here is the explanation: Bitcoin is a currency that is speculative. While there are not enough companies currently offering the purchase and sale of products with bitcoin as a means of payment.
Hackarit

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:56:15 AM

For me, the biggest reason not to invest in Bitcoin is that there is no certainty of the future and hence I am not investing my entire wealth in it. However, I am impressed with the core philosophy of Bitcoin and I am optimistic about it and hence I am investing my some part of the wealth which I can afford to lose because I want to participate in the process of global transformation which takes place once in the century and that side is always bigger than possibility of losing my funds. I can earn money later but this opportunity won't arise again in my entire life so I am okay with 100% loss of capital considering the other side.

I like the idea that there is no certainty of bitcoin for the future only once once the results are so satisfactory and not often get a chance repeatedly, so rarely people who dare to invest bitcoin.
marites

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:40:19 AM

I think there is no reason to not invest in bitcoins.. Cause bitcoin is very profitable in many ways.
You must have a good timing to gain more money.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:45:28 AM

So there has been a lot of hype about bitcoin lately and I know it is revolutionary and has lots of advantages. But let's try to state the reasons why exactly do you personally think that bitcoin is not great and lacks in some points. I know it has great applications and is just great but it is not falwless right?
My question is simple and straight, What are the flaws of bitcoin?
Except its high volatility and "Dark use" (in illegal activities).

Because of the risk of what whales can do to the market prices,since now its very obvious that they are manipulating this cryptoworld..i dont know what will happen if they suddenly withdraw all their investments in market..(though i know for sure they wont because millions of millions if not billions is what they gaining by pumping and dumping the coins)
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:48:36 AM

There are no reasons for us not to invest in bitcoin unless we it was banned by the government. If we have a profound understanding in bitcoin and its future, we can't easily resist just for a reason of scam accusations and volatility. We should not blame bitcoin for getting lose, we should blame ourselves because first and foremost, we should know what we will enter specially in investment.

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:49:10 AM

So there has been a lot of hype about bitcoin lately and I know it is revolutionary and has lots of advantages. But let's try to state the reasons why exactly do you personally think that bitcoin is not great and lacks in some points. I know it has great applications and is just great but it is not falwless right?
Volatility is the only disadvantage of bitcoin in my opinion otherwise it is totally fine now to use,maybe we can say that the transactions are not instant like fiat transfer but it may not be a big problem because once the transaction was initiated then it will confirm soon and there is no way to reverse the transaction.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:50:39 AM

For me there is no reason for not investing in bitcoin because bitcoin is a good coin the only thing that you need to do is to be patience and hold it until you reached your goal
investing in bitcoin does require a patience so we can get a lot of benefits because if we are not strong enough we will get a loss from our investment
malbano2099

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:56:13 AM

For me the reason why you don't invest in bitcoin is the possibility to hack your coins through unconscious opening of sites (phishing),but you must work hard because bitcoin will help you financially and you must also be careful to hackers.
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:58:47 AM

For me reasons not to invest in bitcoin are the following.

It is very volatile, if you can not handle swings of more than 20% downwards then you might sell it and you will lose some money.

It is still an speculative investment, nobody knows what will be happening to bitcoin or altcoin in the future. It can be the currency of the future or it can be banned.

Also the characteristics of being unpredictable of the prices that anytime it is varying depend upon the demand of the investors and trader's is also one of the reasons to not invest in bitcoin or in Cryptocurrencies. But despite of all this reasons of not to invest in bitcoin still the count of people that would love to invest in it are keep on adding.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
i_iz_vins

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:03:40 PM

The only thing that comes to my mind is the vulnerability to theft. Wallet is not completely secured and it is sometimes subject to theft. Some recent wallets may be more secured but the others that are stored unencrypted by default is most likely the target of theft.
emath7

Activity: 158

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:06:39 PM

Investing is a matter of asking for patience and experience. I invested today, I win tomorrow. There is no such logic. You should investigate before investing. You should do your own research. Other people's ideas should be used as counseling. When invested, you should be able to read the future. What is the purpose of your investment? Where do you see the project in the future? No short-term investment.
   Bitcoin is an investment project. People see Bitcoin as a means of winning in the short term. This is wrong. Why was Bitcoin produced? What is he doing now? Where will it be in the future? Investments are made by asking these questions. What does Bitcoin represent? Do people prefer Bitcoin? Why? Questions like these are important.
   Bitcoin is the first representative of digital money. At the moment many countries in the world have started to switch to digital. These transitions take place at the base of Bitcoin. Marketcap is $ 160,000,000,000 and now has 35% of the digital money market. Digital money is known a little more day by day. You should be able to read 5 -10 years later.
NightCloudz07

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:24:31 PM

I think someone who don't want to invest in bitcoin is have a pain life because they don't want to change there life in to better life so they are not interested in blessings.

▲▼▲▼ZICHAIN ▲▼▲▼ JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO
▲▼ BLOCKCHAIN ASSET MANAGEMENT ECOSYSTEM ▲▼
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:12:04 PM

There was always the "hype" about bitcoin, not just lately but especially for the past months after bitcoin reached All Time High and then it crashed a lot and we see now the price around 9k which is more than 50% loss ($11k+) for those who invested when the price was $20k+
Another reason why I think you should not invest in bitcoin or not risk your estimated money for investing in bitcoin is if you expect to become rich or very rich then you have to be super lucky or you will be disappointed when losing a lot of money into cryptocurrencies.
feverpitch

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:05:33 PM

If you are a dealer or the speculator, then the variability of a bitcoin  rate will only make you profit. But if you think of using it as usual means of payment for daily purchases or large business transactions, then you will possibly fall into thinking and will be scared-off. In that case the instability will only frighten off possible new clients. You would certainly invest all money in cryptocurrency if you are sure for 100% of its price and stability.
kang.reus

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:36:43 PM

the reasons for not investing in bitcoin, may not yet understand or have never heard of investing d bitcoin will be better and more profitable than others because bitcoin is a suitable place for the investors and other investers.
jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:58:18 PM

I think one of the reason why not to invest in bitcoin is the price of bitcoin is changes. Many people's not take a risk for that.
55caRtel

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:12:30 PM

I think its almost obvious, you cant compare BTC even with the stocks. You have every reason to invest in it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: