Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:39:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Diversify Investments  (Read 4070 times)
mamarried

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:39:20 PM

Usually they recommend you to diversify your investment, so you avoid losses.

But as a real approach, having $1.5k, would you invest in how many cryptocurrencies ?

What if I invest little by little, only in Bitcoin, would that work as well ?
I think, if I would have $1,500 to invest in something, I will go for Bitcoin with $1000 and the rest probably I would devide into other alternatives.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
osmo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:49:20 PM

diversification does help to cover the losses in investment, but it would be nice if you also choose another investment, do not invest in bitcoin alone but you can also choose altcoin, you can also choose gold investment, stock etc.

gnaylor

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:20:26 PM

The diversified investment is an investment that when you are not sure about the market or the analysis is doubtful, in such  a case it is a great tactic and many people in the cryptocurrency world do not only invest in one-coin but a multitude of coins since volatility is a not a security here

djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:38:55 PM

But as a real approach, having $1.5k, would you invest in how many cryptocurrencies ?

If you want to have an assurance, then you ought to invest in bitcoin as it is the most trusted coin out there. It is better to invest on it all in if ever you see a great opportunity like a lower price rather than slowly putting money to it waiting for a much lower price. You never know how the price will go so there is a chance that you might wait a while if the price recovered and increases for a long time.

I agree, hitcoin is very assured coin than the other though their are different characteristics of coin in the marketplace and it has its own value but we do not have to be worry because we can check all along as we are knowledgable bout it. Investing in bitcoin, their is an assurance.
Salala1

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:41:48 PM

Incase get an amount worth $1.5k, I will first of all invest in bitcoin because it is a highly trusted coin. Then i consider the other altcoins. Some altcoins i will invest might be ethereum, stellar coin, monero coin and ripple coin. Diversifying with investment helps a lot since your money is not skewed to only one coin and you can make a whole lot of profits at the end of the investment.  
Feuerbach

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:52:40 PM

Investing your capital is necessary in different coins, because the price can behave unpredictably
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:10:53 PM

I prefer diversity of investment. However, if the amount of capital is low, investing in bitcoin and ethereum is enough. As money increases, can choose one or two other altcoins.
goshay97

Activity: 223
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:19:26 PM

When you know what your doing and have good information you do not want to diversify.  You only want to diversify when you have no clue whats going on but you still want in.  This way if your not sure whats going on you have a better chance of staying safe.
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:24:48 PM

1.5k dollars is a huge money though. You can buy a lot of it. For starters, I suggest buying 3 different potential coins that you have searched. Study its chart. Don't just jump in and bought all your money. Little by little you can buy them when you think it is good to buy. Buy when it dips.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
meerkatoken
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:32:49 PM

I think you have two options. One is to be a BTC maximalist and buy that only. The other one is heavily invest into some top 15 coins and slightly into ICOs or tokens those are cheap and have a potential to 10X.

What I would consider in case of diversification:
Bitcoin 40%, Ethereum 20%, Bcash 10% Ripple 10%, Cardano 5%, Stellar 5%, NEO 5%, Litecoin 5%. You should have a diverse portfolio of cryptos and only trade those with good liquidity. All these are in the top 10's on coinmarketcap.  But you should be aware of the unique features of the individual coins. Each crypto asset has its own features in terms of market behaviour.

We have also seen that altcoins have their own price movement stories. It is notsure that whatever Bitcoin does in the market the other coins will react with similar price patterns. For example, recent declines in Bitcoin did not lead to an equivalent drop of many altcoins. On the other hand the recent BTC bullrun was with an increasing dominance and BTC outperformed most alts so it is getting complicated.
Kagenobu Yoshioka

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:02:37 AM

The dominance of bitcoin is increasing every day so now is not the time to diversify investments.
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:10:05 AM

Hi, now will actively develop the industry of payments via the Internet and online services will not remain on the sidelines, so it will be more reasonable to invest in such projects as ApolloX, it uses tokenization and decentralization to replace today’s rent-seeking enterprise with a new model of complete shopping protection, data security and minimal commission.
permatasai

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:19:31 AM

if I have $ 1.5k then I will divide the investment into 2 that is invest in long-term coins and also invest in short-term coins. Investing in long-term coins can be done by buying ETH, XRP and BCH. if you have more courage then invest in a new coin that has good bubble values like ADA, HOLO and POLY
jsrenthourse

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:38:27 AM

Depending on the stage. I will not diversify too much of my investment resources. Because when I divide the investment, I will not get too much profit. In my opinion, for $1500 I would divide it into 3 and mainly invest in bitcoin
bosimpson54

Activity: 271

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:42:43 AM

I think this is a simple and wise strategy, in addition to cultivating, at least we can anticipate, the price movements that occur, and you can know what to do later on BTC that have or have not you bought.
Yes, diversification is an essential strategy in the crytocurrency market. In addition to investing in the crytocurrency market, I also recommend you to explore and invest in other markets such as gold and securities. For me, 50% with gold, 20% with stock and the other 30% I buy Bitcoin, ETH
BitRentXx

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:52:05 AM

I think there is absolutely nothing, both move in different fields.
oil does not affect bitcoin and vice versa.
Yindian

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:41:12 AM

I agree with diversified investments, but you must be able to control it. If you are very good at math, you can choose to diversify your investment. This is very sensible. But if you have a lot of money then you only need to invest in Bitcoin.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:50:56 AM

I agree with diversified investments, but you must be able to control it. If you are very good at math, you can choose to diversify your investment. This is very sensible. But if you have a lot of money then you only need to invest in Bitcoin.

theres no need to learn math or to be good at math just because you wanted to try to diversify your investments . anyone can do it becuase it is just a simple divide . like for example i will diversify my money to eth 50 percent and the other 50 percent goes to bitcoin . so if i have 100 usd on my pocket , i will just buy the 50 usd for eth and other 50 usd is for btc , as simple as that .

But if you have a lot of money then you only need to invest in Bitcoin.

i think its the opposite .  if you have a lot of money then it is easy for you to diversify it to some different kind of cryptos but if ever you only have a sufficient amount of cash , then much better if you can just foccus it on some trusted coins like btc or eth .
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:22:49 AM

I would highly recommend avoiding alt-coins. And it would not spread the risk to buy multiple alts since they are all based on the same technology. Want to diversify? Buy some bitcoin, gold, real estate, stocks, etc.

It's right that most of the altcoins are based on the same platform. I think that the crypto diversification is more about securing oneself against this if one of the coins fails for various reasons. Then there are others that can give you a profit.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:31:45 AM

I would highly recommend avoiding alt-coins. And it would not spread the risk to buy multiple alts since they are all based on the same technology. Want to diversify? Buy some bitcoin, gold, real estate, stocks, etc.

It's right that most of the altcoins are based on the same platform. I think that the crypto diversification is more about securing oneself against this if one of the coins fails for various reasons. Then there are others that can give you a profit.
Divertions is really needed especially with the market like this, fluctuations are hard to predict if you will invest in only one project and if things won't go to your directions then you are going to lose bigger part of your money while if you have a good plan and divirt your money in another project chances to recover or earned a little is possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: