Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:59:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] (HIF) Havelock Investments Fund  (Read 70063 times)
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:46:47 PM

If I am calculating right, using your numbers, you want a P/E of (100000/5870) = 17, like I said this seems a bit on the expensive side to me, for such a risky investment.
yeah, especially as they have never come close to those numbers nor provide any reason or methods on how they will achieve those levels of profit.  Do you see a flood of new securities lining up to sign up on HL?  I don't.

Well, they did take some time off offering new securities while they addressed the legal issues, and there have been a couple IPO recently, maybe Havelock could give us a statement on the actual number of securities in the pipeline to get listed? The prospectus should also include some actual current data about usage rates, current sales, and the recent performance of the site.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:53:49 PM

The values seem highly over evaluated and unreasonable.

Let's take a look at your mine source of income: trading fess.

You're currently facing around BTC250/day in volume. In your prospectus you're projecting BTC2,000/day in volume for Q1 (that's in less than 2 months). That's more than 8-times of today's volume. What did you smoke to come to this evaluation?

Going further: Your projection for the whole year is BTC1,260,000. You actually think that 10% of all bitcoin currently in circulation will flow through your site?

But even granting that your projection is fair with net profits of BTC5,870 for the first year, an evaluation of nearly BTC100,000 is absolutely insane.
havelock (OP)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 06:06:18 PM

As it states in our Prospectus, there are currently 50 Funds in the Pipeline for FY2014

Thank you,

Havelock Investments

pascal257

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:10:36 PM

As it states in our Prospectus, there are currently 50 Funds in the Pipeline for FY2014

Thank you,

Havelock Investments
BitFunder also had 39 funds listed. Most of them traded at sub BTC1 daily volume.

So you're basing all your numbers on these potential 50 funds. Is there any evidence that you can show us that these funds aren't made up?
Peter Lambert

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:34:18 PM

The values seem highly over evaluated and unreasonable.

Let's take a look at your mine source of income: trading fess.

You're currently facing around BTC250/day in volume. In your prospectus you're projecting BTC2,000/day in volume for Q1 (that's in less than 2 months). That's more than 8-times of today's volume. What did you smoke to come to this evaluation?

Going further: Your projection for the whole year is BTC1,260,000. You actually think that 10% of all bitcoin currently in circulation will flow through your site?

Aha, now there is some data we can use. (Havelock, can you confirm this number for the current trade volume?) So with a trade fee of .4%, that is 1.0 btc per day. That gives an income of 365 btc, (ignoring expenses at the moment) which would be a PE of 274.

Here is a suggestion: in the prospectus, put in three estimates of future performance, make the current estimate the "extremely good" projection, add two more projections with increasingly conservative estimates.

pascal257: remember that there is velocity to bitcoins, so the total trade volume can exceed the monetary base without any troubles. For example, if there is 1 coin in existence, I use it to buy your car and then you use it to buy my house, we have transacted 2 coins using a monetary base of just 1 coin.

velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:35:37 PM

how many are legit, what is their market cap, expected volume, etc?  Where is the evidence that these actually exist? As stated already, your current volume is miniscule, and almost an order of magnitude away from what you hope it will be in 2 months.

And where are these funds coming from? How many of these funds were listed on the now defunct sites?

Cryptostocks has a lot of funds listed, dozens in fact, far more than your site, and yet, no one would seriously value their operation at 100,000 BTC.

Will any of the IPO money go towards making your site as good as the exchanges that have closed?  When will it be brought up to the level of bitfunder and/or BTCT?

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:37:03 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 11:51:56 PM by statdude

I was trying to hold off from posting here, but must do so just on principle, to try to inform potential investors and put things in perspective.

I'm seeing a valuation of roughly BTC100000 = $50,000 million, with only a 6 page prospectus to back that up?

For starters, we know the market value of such an investment from Litecoinglobal. I believe it traded between 1-10mm USD roughly over the months, and I believe ended badly for all - and was probably way overvalued.

Considering the valuation, unprofessional and opaque prospectus, crappy projected PE/Ratio (17 is considered ok for a blue-chip company - not a micro cap), and dividend, with extremely high risks, I can't see how anyone can buy here.

First of all, it does not address fluctuations between btc/usd and how that will affect fees and volume.

"Our company is a Bitcoin based business, and since our Revenue and our Expenses are tied to Bitcoin we are unable to value it based on any Fiat/Bitcoin ratio."

This is bunk. Fluctuations will have an affect on your business. You are not bitcoin-only based, only mining is close that I know of. So, expenses/salaries will be the same if BTC = $2000? What if BTC = $20 again?  Look at Satoshi Dice - when bitcoin went 10x, did their volume hold in BTC? No, it remained stable in USD. Yet - you plan to pay expenses and salaries in bitcoin? Insane. BTC is not stable enough for this.

What is the point of listing 15 mm "restricted" units if they will not be sold?

Revenues:

So you're saying by end of next year, you'll have 150 funds on the site, paying $600+ USD in btc a month (at current rates) to be listed? I doubt that. What makes you think funds will continue to pay 1 btc as the price of btc continues to rise?

Let's say you increase number of paying funds to triple in a year (45) (btw why does it say 2012, and why are 50 funds paying 150 btc at the end of a year?) and earn ~360 btc in that way (seems high)

Lets say you triple trading volume through the next year, and thus manage to earn another ~830 btc in this way.

Finally, let's say these 30 new funds are able to raise 15,000 btc, earning you 750 btc (credit where credit is due, that is a smart business move on Havelock's part)

You've now managed to earn 1940 btc this year (barely equals your projected expenses in the form of "Office, Internet, Electrical, Law, Accounting, Compliance, and Miscellaneous") - My thoughts here, take from the example of other bitcoin companies, and pay for some of these unnecessary expenses out of your own 95% share of the dividends until you've exceeded your forecasts).

Even assuming zero expenses and high growth and these generous projections, not considering the high risk we've seen with Bitfunder, BTCT, etc, this values your company at somewhere around 5000-7000 btc, being generous across the board.

I think Havelock is a great platform, and I was excited to see the IVFO. Havelock is a great business, but this offers little upside for investors. What is driving ridiculous valuation, and sale? Speculators looking for a quick flip? Greed will burn everyone in the end when not used in moderation. MPEX trades at a similarly high valuation as far as I can tell, and I'm not sure why (haven't researched it, not gonna pay 30 btc to trade there)

Maybe I am wrong, we will see!

HIF - Accepting Donations!

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
shmoula

Activity: 304

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 06:41:39 PM

well, 90% of cryptostocks listings are scam ;-)

how many are legit, what is their market cap, expected volume, etc?  Where is the evidence that these actually exist? As stated already, your current volume is miniscule, and almost an order of magnitude away from what you hope it will be in 2 months.

And where are these funds coming from? How many of these funds were listed on the now defunct sites?

Cryptostocks has a lot of funds listed, dozens in fact, far more than your site, and yet, no one would seriously value their operation at 100,000 BTC.

Will any of the IPO money go towards making your site as good as the exchanges that have closed?  When will it be brought up to the level of bitfunder and/or BTCT?

Habbeat - beat your habits more effective way!!!
Always empty box(no cat also no coin): 1SHM1tiur2iNBCVxCBr7vAJ84PrPZ6d6v
pascal257

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:43:46 PM

pascal257: remember that there is velocity to bitcoins, so the total trade volume can exceed the monetary base without any troubles. For example, if there is 1 coin in existence, I use it to buy your car and then you use it to buy my house, we have transacted 2 coins using a monetary base of just 1 coin.
I was just putting things into perspective.
velacreations

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:45:57 PM

at least 2/14 of HL listings are scams.

My point is that number of securities offered doesn't necessarily increase the value of the exchange.

shmoula

Activity: 304

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 06:48:11 PM

at least 3/10, but we are offtopic with that here

at least 2/14 of HL listings are scams.

My point is that number of securities offered doesn't necessarily increase the value of the exchange.

Habbeat - beat your habits more effective way!!!
Always empty box(no cat also no coin): 1SHM1tiur2iNBCVxCBr7vAJ84PrPZ6d6v
velacreations

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:58:20 PM

I was talking about the securities listed on Havelock.

statdude
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:10:43 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 10:27:51 PM by statdude

Let's put this in perspective:

1) "Israeli start-up Wix raises $127m in Nasdaq IPO"

Wix sets it's IPO at 700 million dollar market cap.

Wix is likely to have $150 million dollars in revenues- has 400 employees - and 40 million users

2) Havelock IPO's at 50 million dollar market cap (edited)

Havelock revenues Huh? Employees??? Users #???

Google "Build a Website" and you'll see Wix.

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
Peter Lambert

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:39:56 PM

Let's put this in perspective:

1) "Israeli start-up Wix raises $127m in Nasdaq IPO"
Wix sets it's IPO at 700 million dollar market cap.
Wix is likely to have $150 million dollars in revenues- has 400 employees - and 40 million users

2) Havelock IPO's at 440 million dollar market cap
Havelock revenues Huh? Employees??? Users #???
Is Havelock worth 2/3'rd of Wix.com?

Google "Build a Website" and you'll see Wix.

mmm, I think we already discussed the market cap is more like $60 million, not $440 million. But your argument still stands: how is this company possibly worth this many bitcoins?

I think it was Mircea Popescu who said there are two ways to value a company: how much money would it take to build the assets, and how much money would you get for selling all the assets. I don't think either of those valuations comes anywhere the millions they are asking here.

statdude
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:28:06 PM

Oops, good point.
Thanks - editing.

Looks like Have will raise 625 today for 1.25%, when the first wave sells out. .

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:01:25 PM

Seriously this all looks so weird, are we even dealing with the same people that were behind havelock before this panama business bought them? Or is this is just some sort of balant scam.
ThrillHou

Activity: 73
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:18:57 PM

Someone explain to potential investors what you guys are talking about with Havelock Scam? I heard they were great to due business with? Did the company sell to new mgmt? Do we(or the major trusted players running the legit companies) have real names here?

We need to use a type of "scientific" method,(Scammer Turing test) or at least best practice to make sure this doesn't turn into Labcoin 3.0.  Havelock also feel free to chime in to assuage our fears and tell us who has the real names in case the S hits the fan.
DavidMc0

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:23:27 PM

Acquire a trusted name in the Bitcoin world on which you can list your own IPO without scrutiny, shortly after rush out an IPO, offer discounts for the first issue to encourage quick buying, only release info hours before IPO so people don't figure it out, take hundreds of coins & run off?

It does seem strange, and would be clever.  I really hope it's not the case.  Especially as I have (perhaps stupidly - we'll see), bought a few shares!
havelock (OP)

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 11:25:24 PM

Acquire a trusted name in the Bitcoin world on which you can list your own IPO without scrutiny, shortly after rush out an IPO, offer discounts for the first issue to encourage quick buying, only release info hours before IPO so people don't figure it out, take hundreds of coins & run off?

It does seem strange, and would be clever.  I really hope it's not the case.  Especially as I have (perhaps stupidly - we'll see), bought a few shares!

November 1, 2013 - Havelock Investments (HavelockInvestments.com), a leading Bitcoin Denominated Investment Fund, announced today that it has executed a definitive agreement to be acquired by The Panama Fund, S.A, a fully licensed and registered Panamanian Investment Company.

The acquisitions creates the world's first, fully licensed, Bitcoin Denominated Fund Exchange, where companies from around the world will be able to raise capital directly, through the exclusive use of Bitcoins.

With this acquisition HavelockInvestments.com will be able to maintain its current Funds, as well as expand its operations, while attracting new opportunities in the rapidly expanding Bitcoin Marketplace.

The original HavelockInvestments.com team will remain in place and will play a key role in the future growth of the company.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:31:39 PM

Congrats on Phase 1 IPO selling out
 Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: