Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:23:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] (HIF) Havelock Investments Fund  (Read 70051 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:19:01 PM

The first one won't last a year. It's doing the mistakes of the last two closed ones, but worse.

This one isn't located in the US. Big difference. US proved to be most hostile country towards BTC so far. Those 2 exchanges received cease and desist letters from US authorities.

BTCT was registered in Belize, Bitfunder in Australia.  
I could register a corporation in Panama without ever touching foreign soil.
What you are talking about?

Guys running them were US citizens and US residents. That's what I'm talking about.

See my edit above.
Havelock is a Canadian company, it is no more Panamanian then BTCT was Belizean or Bitfunder Australian, unless you have dox to the contrary.
Do you?  

*If i ran an exchange, i'd certainly pay some guy with a net connection in some backwater country to front for me.

Again trying to mislead. Havelocks physical location has moved to panama and the team has merged with the new owners/team at tpf sa. You have no idea about these guys because you have never called them and learn about their operation. Instead you use google/internet sleuthing skills to create fud.

Not sure Crumbs wants to be convinced here or cares or wants to hear arguments. He's obviously a man with a mission putting too much time and effort into this. My guess is he's somehow connected to the guys who recently opened new exchanges or the ones about to open one soon. This is just a clever way to discredit Havelock so that those other exchanges can steal their business. It's as simple as that.

Lol, you're suggesting that i am a shill for another exchange?
There's no business to steal here.  
The IPO flopped.
NO REFUNDS Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
The trash you bought to flip will tank as soon as the market opens.
Enjoy your virtual shares -- you're unteachable and beyond help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:24:59 PM

The first one won't last a year. It's doing the mistakes of the last two closed ones, but worse.

This one isn't located in the US. Big difference. US proved to be most hostile country towards BTC so far. Those 2 exchanges received cease and desist letters from US authorities.

Guys running them were US citizens and US residents. That's what I'm talking about.

No crumbs you cannot become a registered exchange in panama unless you are a panama citizen with $25000 capital and can fill out the shitload of forms/deal with legal compliance.

Ukyo and burnside were US citizens running unregistered exchanges. If you can't see the difference between havelock and btct.co/bitfunder I'm afraid there is nothing we can do do convince you. Your mind is already made up and no amount of responding to your conspiracy theories will do anything.

A registered exchange?  You were given a name of a Panamanian shelf company, not a registered exchange.  Why would i want to register an exchange if you're perfectly happy with a name of a (virtually free) shelf registration?   Who bleeds money like that to rope in a handfool of suckers?

Private funds do exist. If you think its a shelf you should call them and ask about their operation. Surely you would find more proof than sitting on your ass internet sleuthing.
You really don't understand how IRL works, do you?  In a field where 100% of exchanges turned out to be scams, failed, lost money, or all of the above, the burden of proof is on the audacious f8cker with his hand out, not on me.
If you feel comfortable giving your money to strangers unless i conclusively prove that they're a fraud -- go all in.  I suspect you're already balls deep.

In case you haven't noticed I and many others are comfortable giving our money to strangers because if we didn't around 35000 btc worth of stocks would not be traded on their site.

I honestly don't understand why you are here. You spend so much time with your conspiracy theories that you could literally write an 500 page entire book filled with your nonsense. If you would take even 1/100th of that wasted time and called or tried contacting havelock to find more info but you don't.

You need to understand that literally everyone here understands the risks involved with the companies we invest in. Throughout the entire history of investing it has always been a gamble. Some like asicminer turn out to be huge successes and some fail. You need to stop telling everyone here that they are stupid because of the stocks we choose to invest in.
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:25:50 PM

No crumbs you cannot become a registered exchange in panama unless you are a panama citizen with $25000 capital and can fill out the shitload of forms/deal with legal compliance.

Ukyo and burnside were US citizens running unregistered exchanges. If you can't see the difference between havelock and btct.co/bitfunder I'm afraid there is nothing we can do do convince you. Your mind is already made up and no amount of responding to your conspiracy theories will do anything.

A registered exchange?  You were given a name of a Panamanian shelf company, not a registered exchange.  Why would i want to register an exchange if you're perfectly happy with a name of a (virtually free) shelf registration?   Who bleeds money like that to rope in a handfool of suckers?

Private funds do exist. If you think its a shelf you should call them and ask about their operation. Surely you would find more proof than sitting on your ass internet sleuthing.
You really don't understand how IRL works, do you?  In a field where 100% of exchanges turned out to be scams, failed, lost money, or all of the above, the burden of proof is on the audacious f8cker with his hand out, not on me.
If you feel comfortable giving your money to strangers unless i conclusively prove that they're a fraud -- go all in.  I suspect you're already balls deep.

The bolded part above discredits you on so many levels. Litecoinglobal or btct.co weren't "scams". All investors were able to withdraw their money without any problems and received ample notice about the shutdown. Fact you're calling them scams makes the bulk of your arguments here null.

Just go get a job at McDonalds or something. You'll probably earn more than what those other exchanges are paying you to trash-talk Havelock.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

jimmothy

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:26:22 PM

Lol, you're suggesting that i am a shill for another exchange?
There's no business to steal here.  
The IPO flopped.
NO REFUNDS Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
The trash you bought to flip will tank as soon as the market opens.
Enjoy your virtual shares -- you're unteachable and beyond help.

See you consider yourself a teacher and the rest of us consider you annoying as fuck. We are choosing to invest in virtual securities.

Seriously just leave.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:26:33 PM

Not sure Crumbs wants to be convinced here or that he cares for arguments. He's obviously a man with a mission putting too much time and effort into this. My guess is he's somehow connected to the guys who recently opened new exchanges or the ones about to open one soon. This is just a clever way to discredit Havelock so that those other exchanges can steal their business. It's as simple as that.

You're giving him too much credit. Crumbs is a troll, looking to incite a reaction - it doesn't matter if the arguments are factual, he just wants an argument. Notice that bright ugly yellow ignore button? It's not because people rate him insightful...

jimmothy

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:27:29 PM

Not sure Crumbs wants to be convinced here or that he cares for arguments. He's obviously a man with a mission putting too much time and effort into this. My guess is he's somehow connected to the guys who recently opened new exchanges or the ones about to open one soon. This is just a clever way to discredit Havelock so that those other exchanges can steal their business. It's as simple as that.

You're giving him too much credit. Crumbs is a troll, looking to incite a reaction - it doesn't matter if the arguments are factual, he just wants an argument. Notice that bright ugly yellow ignore button? It's not because people rate him insightful...

Normally have him ignored but he posts so much FUD that I am constantly seeing his posts quoted and feel the need to respond.
crumbs

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:38:01 PM

1.  In case you haven't noticed I and many others are comfortable giving our money to strangers because if we didn't around 35000 btc worth of stocks would not be traded on their site.

2.  I honestly don't understand why you are here. You spend so much time with your conspiracy theories that you could literally write an 500 page entire book filled with your nonsense. If you would take even 1/100th of that wasted time and called or tried contacting havelock to find more info but you don't.

3.  You need to understand that literally everyone here understands the risks involved with the companies we invest in. Throughout the entire history of investing it has always been a gamble. Some like asicminer turn out to be huge successes and some fail. You need to stop telling everyone here that they are stupid because of the stocks we choose to invest in.
[/quote]

1.  Nothing is trading on the site.  Trading is closed.

2.  I explained to you over and over again why i am here -- your inability to understand speaks volumes of your intelligence and/or failing memory.

3.  I understand that everyone who has invested in securities traded on Havelock has lost money.
Not a single stock is trading above the IPO price.
All your intrepid play pals would give their left nut to be able to turn back time & *uninvest*.  Too late, though.
I don't think i can save you.  I don't aim to.
You serve your role well as the tragic failure -- an example how horribly wrong things could go when stupidity & greed join forces.
Now go back to "investing."
crumbs

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:40:38 PM

...You really don't understand how IRL works, do you?  In a field where 100% of exchanges turned out to be scams, failed, lost money, or all of the above, the burden of proof is on the audacious f8cker with his hand out, not on me.

The bolded part above discredits you on so many levels. Litecoinglobal or btct.co weren't "scams". All investors were able to withdraw their money without any problems and received ample notice about the shutdown. Fact you're calling them scams makes the bulk of your arguments here null.

Try again.  You either can't read, can't redact, let the buthurt get the best of you or all of the above. 
Please pay attention.
Herp

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:45:46 PM

...You really don't understand how IRL works, do you?  In a field where 100% of exchanges turned out to be scams, failed, lost money, or all of the above, the burden of proof is on the audacious f8cker with his hand out, not on me.

Try again.  You either can't read, can't redact, let the buthurt get the best of you or all of the above.  
Please pay attention.

Those 2 I've mentioned didn't fail. Their business was booming and they were making tons of money. So if you wanna put them in that category, won't work either. They were forced to shutdown by US authorities, which have taken an unfriendly stance to Bitcoin. It comes as no surprise as their geopolitical enemies (Russia and China) are actively pushing BTC (Russia Today, CCTV) to weaken the USD.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

crumbs

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:45:54 PM

Luckily, nothing i say relies on trust.  Everything is backed by verifiable facts.
Buying .01 BTC worth of accounts can paint your ignore button any color you wish -- no one cares enough about you to do it.
Simple.
crumbs

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:51:39 PM

Please pay attention.

Those 2 I've mentioned didn't fail. Their business was booming and they were making tons of money. So if you wanna put them in that category, won't work either. They were forced to shutdown by US authorities, which have taken an unfriendly stance to Bitcoin. And it comes as no surprise as their geopolitical enemies ( Russia and China) are actively pushing BTC ( Russia Today, CCTV) to weaken the USD.

Being shut down is a sign of success to you?  To most people, that represents *FAILURE*.
Raging about US authorities, geopolitical enemies, or the fate of the dollar is irrelevant to this thread, but if you must vent, go right ahead.
Herp

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:01:02 AM

Please pay attention.

Those 2 I've mentioned didn't fail. Their business was booming and they were making tons of money. So if you wanna put them in that category, won't work either. They were forced to shutdown by US authorities, which have taken an unfriendly stance to Bitcoin. And it comes as no surprise as their geopolitical enemies ( Russia and China) are actively pushing BTC ( Russia Today, CCTV) to weaken the USD.

Being shut down is a sign of success to you?  To most people, that represents *FAILURE*.
Raging about US authorities, geopolitical enemies, or the fate of the dollar is irrelevant to this thread, but if you must vent, go right ahead.

Was just explaining the context of their "failures". US pushes Bitcoin businesses out of the US, as many observers have noticed. Successful businesses like BTCT.co or Bitfunder were unfortunate casualties of this self-defeating behavior.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

jimmothy

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:06:58 AM

Luckily, nothing i say relies on trust.  Everything is backed by verifiable facts.
Buying .01 BTC worth of accounts can paint your ignore button any color you wish -- no one cares enough about you to do it.
Simple.

No seriously just leave.

You need to look up the definition of verifiable facts as you are confusing it with nonsense.

If you are not on here to invest and instead to just troll you need to get a life.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:09:12 AM

Simple.

Are you suggesting a conspiracy theory whereby some devious bitcointalk member had it out for you and paid .01 BTC so that your ignore button changed color? ROFL. And I thought it was because you were an annoying troll - shows what I know.

crumbs

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:09:31 AM

Please pay attention.

Being shut down is a sign of success to you?  To most people, that represents *FAILURE*.

Was just explaining the context of their "failures". US pushes Bitcoin businesses out of the US, as many observers have noticed. Successful businesses like BTCT.co or Bitfunder were unfortunate casualties of this self-defeating behavior.

If you're OK with losing coin because: unfair, you go ahead and invest.  And lose it.
I don't particularly care if my investment flops due to tyrannical governments, acts of God, or stupidity & crookedness of some CEO.
I'm interested in results.  If i know my investment is going to lose me money, no matter what the reason, i do not invest.
Consider trying that.
crumbs

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:10:56 AM

Simple.

Are you suggesting a conspiracy theory whereby some devious bitcointalk member had it out for you and paid .01 BTC so that your ignore button changed color? ROFL. And I thought it was because you were an annoying troll - shows what I know.

See how wrong you can be?  And that's why no one cares what color your ignore button is Smiley
crumbs

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:12:53 AM

No seriously just leave.

You need to look up the definition of verifiable facts as you are confusing it with nonsense.

If you are not on here to invest and instead to just troll you need to get a life.

Lol, no.  I can't let you dupe some n00bs into buying your failstock.  I just can't allow that -- my heart would break Cry
jimmothy

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:14:48 AM

No seriously just leave.

Lol, no.  I can't let you dupe some n00bs into buying your failstock.  I just can't allow that -- my heart would break Cry

I don't have any BTC invested in HIF as I stated before I think that the company evaluation was too high.

Seriously just leave.
crumbs

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:18:08 AM

I don't have any BTC invested in HIF as I stated before I think that the company evaluation was too high.

Seriously just leave.

If you don't have any coin in this, and you think it's overpriced, what are *you* doing here? GTFO NAO!
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:22:13 AM

OK, getting back to the topic: What happens now that the shares did not all sell? Will the company try to sell those unsold shares later? Will this affect the amount of shares held by the insiders?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: