Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:28:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Making Your Own Altcoin Can Help Your Company AND Bitcoin :)  (Read 4009 times)
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:30:49 AM

The Future of Altcoins
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321086.0

So, many new people are coming to bitcoin and that means there are people wondering how Bitcoin can be integrated into their companies, as well as wondering what an altcoin is. So, I decided to present both together.

If you are looking for a way to integrate Bitcoin into your company, but you don't want to pay over $500 (and soon $1000 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=328203.0 ) for each coin while having to buy a mass amount of coins, then what you can do is MAKE YOUR OWN COIN. You may be wondering "what does this mean?". This website you are on is THE PLACE to talk about Bitcoins on the internet and this section is THE PLACE to talk about altcoins, so if you take the time to look around, you will soon learn that there are not many things to do besides buy coins, or buy expensive mining equipment. But I offer you an alternative, CREATE YOUR OWN COIN.

Altcoins are Bitcoin clones, and if you find someone that knows C++ (hundreds of people here) then you can get your own coin made, for probably the cost of 1 bitcoin or even less. So you would OWN a currency, an entire new form of "bitcoin" and you could call it whatever you want. And if you ask the person that knows code (or if you know what you are doing) to copy the devcoin code you can have a percentage of the coins directed to any projects you want. So if you want employees you can put them towards that, and if you want charity you can put it towards that. ANYTHING you want. Devcoin's percentage goes to writers and developers.

Then, if you are wondering how a coin earns value and gets popular. First, all you have to do is go to the section of the website I posted this in (called "altcoins" ) then post about your coin, asking people to mine it (that is something your coder can help you set up) and people here on this website will mine your coin just for fun. Then you can tell the people that earn the percentage of your coin to come to this site also (for updates and to help promote the coin). Then eventually you will want to open some form of online shop or start some form of membership and make it where you have to use your coin there. So then your coin has value. On top of that, you can talk to people that made other coins in this section and the communities that follow them, and try to integrate the communities to help each other.

Altcoins (once they gain value) can be traded for Bitcoin, Bitcoin can be used on various websites (or sold for cash). Good luck Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:56:41 PM

Time to share this ALL OVER Facebook. If you are here from Facebook, welcome to the future!
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 06:07:14 PM

Just what we need. More coins from people who have no idea about coins let alone how to maintain one

ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:58:16 PM

Just what we need. More coins from people who have no idea about coins let alone how to maintain one

You mean companies, not just people. Organizations that existed before they even heard about this.

This is not just the same thing that has been happening, this is a new step.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:04:38 PM

If you were to advise a company to do this, who on the board is the most reliable and honest coin dev?  I guess sunny king doesn't code coins for other people. Who would be the most knowledgeable coin dev on this board who they could trust to keep the coin updated and supported?

How much control does the coin dev have after the coin is launched. For example a year later with 1GH on the coin, if the dev has the source still what could they do to the coin?  Are any changes reliant on users downloading a new client? Companies i think would be wary of employing unknown coin devs to make coins for them that they don't have full control of.

I know shake did publish a build your own coin guide but really most companies will want it built for them.

ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:12:10 PM

If you were to advise a company to do this, who on the board is the most reliable and honest coin dev?  I guess sunny king doesn't code coins for other people. Who would be the most knowledgeable coin dev on this board who they could trust to keep the coin updated and supported?

How much control does the coin dev have after the coin is launched. For example a year later with 1GH on the coin, if the dev has the source still what could they do to the coin?  Are any changes reliant on users downloading a new client? Companies i think would be wary of employing unknown coin devs to make coins for them that they don't have full control of.

I know shake did publish a build your own coin guide but really most companies will want it built for them.

I suggested that companies hire someone that knows C++ and I'm sure most people would want to anyways eventually. And if they don't hire someone, I told them to ask around in the altcoin section.

I'm guessing Unthinkingbit or IGotSpot or Vlad2Vlad or Shakezula would be the best people to ask as far as I know. And I think they can be trusted enough. Basically anyone in the Devcoin thread could point to someone that can help people.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.0
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:21:47 PM

If you were to advise a company to do this, who on the board is the most reliable and honest coin dev?  I guess sunny king doesn't code coins for other people. Who would be the most knowledgeable coin dev on this board who they could trust to keep the coin updated and supported?

How much control does the coin dev have after the coin is launched. For example a year later with 1GH on the coin, if the dev has the source still what could they do to the coin?  Are any changes reliant on users downloading a new client? Companies i think would be wary of employing unknown coin devs to make coins for them that they don't have full control of.

I suggested that companies hire someone that knows C++ and I'm sure most people would want to anyways eventually. And if they don't hire someone, I told them to ask around in the altcoin section.

I'm guessing Unthinkingbit or IGotSpot or Vlad2Vlad or Shakezula would be the best people to ask as far as I know. And I think they can be trusted enough. Basically anyone in the Devcoin thread could point to someone that can help people.

How about mullick ? i have heard this name mentioned regarding being knowledgeable regarding building coins also hazard i know has built quite a few. Ok i will seek the devcoin thread and ask this there.

ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:01:53 PM

How about mullick ? i have heard this name mentioned regarding being knowledgeable regarding building coins also hazard i know has built quite a few. Ok i will seek the devcoin thread and ask this there.

I have not heard of him. But thanks for the suggestion, this thread is the place to tell people that you can make coins (or that someone else can).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: