Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:27:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think would happen if ticket price changed to 0.05 BTC?
Jackpot will be higher - more will play and many people will still purchase at least 0.25 or more - 37 (39.4%)
Jackpot will be the same - there will be more people playing but many will bet less - 17 (18.1%)
Jackpot will be lower - many people will bet the bare minimum - 40 (42.6%)
Total Voters: 93

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BITLOTTO] Mar 1 draw over $2000 or 50BTC! Tickets now 0.1 BTC for Apr 5  (Read 55026 times)
bitlotto (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 03:07:32 PM

WOO! it's over 300! And im the first person to say so!
can i have a cookie?..or a free ticket?...

I wonder who the man is that put the 15 coins in, Pushing it over

The 15 coins came from a lotto pool (I was 5 of those). Smiley
Is there a website for it? Just curious.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 07:28:14 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2012, 01:23:23 AM by bitlotto

We are seeking private investors:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78170.0

We want to start a more traditional lottery as well. We just want to see what kind would you like to see?

We are hoping to set it up so that there is a 1/256 chance of winning the jackpot. (We are planning on finding the winner based off of 2 matching hash digits- just like BitLotto raffle but at the end we look at the beginning digits of the hash) We would like to set up a game where if no one wins, extra funds roll over to the next draw. We aim to keep are profit margins VERY LOW. Our goal is 4% to investors and 1% to BitLotto. We want something that everyone would like so we thought the best way would to be to let you guys help pick what it looks like!!

-Edit after consultation with others we've decided to wait a little bit longer. We don't want to hurt BitLotto raffle. It's our little baby! Wink

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 08:46:11 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2012, 10:51:56 PM by Stephen Gornick

MegaMillions is simple to explain:  Go to 7-eleven.  Ask for quick picks and give X dollars ($2 or multiples of $2) to the cashier.  Wait until Tuesday or Friday of each week.   Either your pick(s) win the big jackpot (or smaller prize) or they don't.

BitLotto is (currently) simple to explain.  Send N bitcoins (0.25 BTC or multiples of 0.25 BTC) to Y address (using only the Bitcoin client or limited list of E-Wallets like Blockchain.info/wallet).   Wait until the first Friday of each month.  Either your payment you've sent won the big jackpot or it didn't.

Simple.

We are planning on finding the winner based off of 2 matching hash digits- just like BitLotto raffle but at the end we look at the beginning digits of the hash) We would like to set up a game where if no one wins, extra funds roll over to the next draw.

So would this be under the BitLotto brand?  Perhaps like you would be resuming a form of the BitLotto Jr. weekly draw?

But if you are going to use BitLotto's brand know that you would be de-simplifying the easiest (and largest) blockchain-based wagering out there.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 08:53:53 PM

MegaMillions is simple to explain:  Go to 7-eleven.  Ask for quick picks and give X dollars ($2 or multiples of $2) to the cashier.  Wait until Tuesday or Friday of each week.   Either your pick(s) win the big jackpot or they don't.

BitLotto is (currently) simple to explain.  Send N bitcoins (0.25 BTC or multiples of 0.25 BTC) to Y address (using only the Bitcoin client or limited list of E-Wallets like Blockchain.info/wallet).   Wait until the first Friday of each month.  Either your payment you've sent won the big jackpot or it didn't.

Simple.

We are planning on finding the winner based off of 2 matching hash digits- just like BitLotto raffle but at the end we look at the beginning digits of the hash) We would like to set up a game where if no one wins, extra funds roll over to the next draw.

So would this be under the BitLotto brand?  Perhaps like you would be resuming a form of the BitLotto Jr. weekly draw?

But if you are going to use BitLotto's brand know that you would be de-simplifying the easiest (and largest) blockchain-based wagering out there.
The BitLotto Raffle won't go anywhere for sure. I'll always run it. It's pretty much perfect and 99% is pretty sweet.

The new game will have a different name. Not sure what to call it though. It will be simple too. Sent x amount to 1bitcoinaddress. If you win, it will show up a week later.

TOR2WEB
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 10:50:21 PM

That was a worry too. Part of us thinks to just stick to what is working and keep doing just that!

TOR2WEB
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 01:25:02 AM

We'll wait a little bit longer before we explore other lotteries. We don't want to hurt BitLotto while it is young. After consultation with others, it's probably better for BitLotto to be a little bit bigger first.

TOR2WEB
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 01:28:11 AM

We'll wait a little bit longer before we explore other lotteries. We don't want to hurt BitLotto while it is young. After consultation with others, it's probably better for BitLotto to be a little bit bigger first.

Glad to hear it! You've got a good thing going. Let it blossom before you move onto other ventures. Besides, there's still work to be done in perfecting the current lotto, like building a kickass website!

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 01:50:26 AM

like building a kickass website!
I've tried. I SUCK AT DESIGN. I spent a whole week trying to re-design it and it was horrifying! I threw it away in disgust. I'm just not the artistic type I guess. I'd pay for someone to design my logo/header and layout/design but alas I'm one of the BTC poor!

TOR2WEB
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 01:54:12 AM

like building a kickass website!
I've tried. I SUCK AT DESIGN. I spent a whole week trying to re-design it and it was horrifying! I threw it away in disgust. I'm just not the artistic type I guess. I'd pay for someone to design my logo/header and layout/design but alas I'm one of the BTC poor!

Ugg! That sucks! You've got the great idea and setup. Lacking both money and design skills is brutal for the emerging bitcoin economy.

Perhaps there is a way to get a loan for a project. You're well established in the Bitcoin community. Find a kickass BTC friendly designer, get a quote, show the community, get loans, bada bing!

Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 01:57:27 AM

Or GLBSTE or whatever it's called. Go public with Bitlotto. That would be badass!

bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 02:03:09 AM

Perhaps there is a way to get a loan for a project. You're well established in the Bitcoin community. Find a kickass BTC friendly designer, get a quote, show the community, get loans, bada bing!
How much would a good designer charge for a simple website like mine?

TOR2WEB
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 02:15:42 AM

I really don't know. I built mine myself and learned as I went. To be honest, you've probably got the skills to do it yourself as well. It will take some time to learn how to do it yourself, but I think it's well worth the effort. Forget about coming up with new schemes. Bitlotto is great as is. Now you just need to work on making it more appealing to people who visit your site for the first time. Right now, I'll bet there are a lot of people who don't spend more than two seconds on your site simply because it doesn't look professional enough.

But I really think you could fix that with Drupal or even Wordpress. Drupal is great even for non-blogs, whereas Wordpress is better suited for blogs. But I will say this: your site might not look like a blog, but it kind of is. Every month you get new content in the form of

Congratulations to "1DW4mt..." for winning April 4 draw of 280.66 BTC!!!

Jackpot size: 280.66 BTC
Lucky Block: 174196 Mega Millions Numbers: 11 35 38 41 52 Mega Ball 40
Mixer Hash: 1e3c407515...
Winner's Hash: 277a5da2a4...
Winner: 1DW4mtFwkLAbfc4ZBvcXypeV6NhfDryrni
Ticket payment date: 2012-03-29 17:19:58
Jackpot payment.

with all of your old lotteries to be viewable as well. You've got tabs on the top, which are really just pages. Take a look at my blog. It's not bland or boring. Granted, it's not the most state of the art, but it looks good. You could do something very easily with Wordpress. The sites are basically built for you and you just change things to your own design.

Drupal would probably be most optimal, but I think it's more difficult to learn than Wordpress. But I could be wrong. I just felt it was more difficult because I learned Wordpress. But seriously, you need a Content Management System like Drupal or Wordpress. No need to make it difficult on yourself by building a whole website from scratch. Those days are over.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 02:47:52 AM

Poll
Question: What should the official BitLotto ticket pool be called?
 - Whirlpool
 - Puddle
 - Bitpool
 - HotTub
 - LottoRation
 - They all suck

MegaPool?

LiquidySplit?

SafeTPool?

SafeRPool?

ShallowPool?

TheIsland?

ChumpBucket?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 02:53:29 AM

I really don't know. I built mine myself and learned as I went. To be honest, you've probably got the skills to do it yourself as well. It will take some time to learn how to do it yourself, but I think it's well worth the effort. Forget about coming up with new schemes. Bitlotto is great as is. Now you just need to work on making it more appealing to people who visit your site for the first time. Right now, I'll bet there are a lot of people who don't spend more than two seconds on your site simply because it doesn't look professional enough.

But I really think you could fix that with Drupal or even Wordpress. Drupal is great even for non-blogs, whereas Wordpress is better suited for blogs. But I will say this: your site might not look like a blog, but it kind of is. Every month you get new content in the form of

Drupal would probably be most optimal, but I think it's more difficult to learn than Wordpress. But I could be wrong. I just felt it was more difficult because I learned Wordpress. But seriously, you need a Content Management System like Drupal or Wordpress. No need to make it difficult on yourself by building a whole website from scratch. Those days are over.

I dunno Seth, if you look at my portfolio of Drupal sites you can pretty easily tell which ones had someone else do the design.  Smiley

Shire Silver isn't too bad, and I did that one myself, but I do wish it was better. And I did get graphics help from DoomsDayDevice (AKA Puke).

But yes, you can probably get someone to make you a design and convert it to a Drupal Theme without too much trouble. Do it with the Omega theme and you can make it work nicely on mobile and tablet devices too.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 03:01:00 AM

I dunno Seth, if you look at my portfolio of Drupal sites you can pretty easily tell which ones had someone else do the design.  Smiley

Shire Silver isn't too bad, and I did that one myself, but I do wish it was better. And I did get graphics help from DoomsDayDevice (AKA Puke).

But yes, you can probably get someone to make you a design and convert it to a Drupal Theme without too much trouble. Do it with the Omega theme and you can make it work nicely on mobile and tablet devices too.

Drupal is definitely more brutal than Wordpress. I really think Bitlotto could be a kickass Wordpress website.

bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 03:18:39 AM

The site I tried to make was:
-green and black themed using green you would see on a dark green poker table
-side borders with 1's and 0's in green with black background for with "BitLotto" over and over in binary
-main header with BitLotto logo in the middle surrounded by bitcoins and mega millions balls
-simplistic content with very little writing
I felt like the person who tried drawing a fantastic scene only to come out with stick figures. LOL.

TOR2WEB
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 04:51:04 PM

As everyone knows, I make very little from BitLotto. 1% to be exact! Wink
I would like to get my site more professional looking and take BitLotto to the next level. Any donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are VERY appreciated. I'll use the BTC to pay for designing/improving the site better with graphics and/or features. If I'm still short on BTC I'll probably end up borrowing the rest.
Thanks.

Now at 314 BTC for May 2!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

TOR2WEB
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 09:08:33 AM

just curious... say I want to buy 4 more tickets... does it make it diff if i transfer 1btc or 4 x 0.25 ?

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1128

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 01:14:34 PM

just curious... say I want to buy 4 more tickets... does it make it diff if i transfer 1btc or 4 x 0.25 ?
No it does not change your chances of winning at all, but it is much easier to just send 1 BTC than 0.25 four times.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 07:06:13 PM

No it does not change your chances of winning at all, but it is much easier to just send 1 BTC than 0.25 four times.
Yup. Beat me to it. EVERY ticket has the same odds no matter how it's paid for or when.

TOR2WEB
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: