Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:23:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you hear about Bitcoin (From Ponzi to Cryptocurrency)  (Read 1225 times)
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:41:45 PM

I heard it too many times on social media like Facebook.
They are literally everywhere now on social media platforms commonly used as a payment method or a currency from investment schemes, not all but most of them turn out to be a scam either on the long and short run basis stalling some time to exit, unfamiliar people will now calling bitcoin a scam all because those greedy scammers, good thing that I've seeing people like this even he heard that coin from a Ponzi, from my experience I knew bitcoin first on my research came across from a bitcoin faucet.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:20:36 PM

I heard about the bitcoin initially from a colleague and we invested in about 2 hyip sites then; we didn't break even at all. I later got into the digital marketing of the cryptocurrencies through a very close friend. It was a real burning desire in him to let me know about it. I am glad I joined in and wish I had joined in earlier. All the same, good to have the knowledge.
crystalworld

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:35:00 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

The first time I heard about btc was from ponzi group. I think MMM made me to study about bitcoin, to understand it before pledging in btc. Then I  had low value and regard for it. And I  wasted my btc alot in fake bot and ponzi schemes.
KKH84

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:33:45 PM

The first one that introduced me about bitcoin was my brother in 2016 and I started searching further through search on google and joining a group on facebook.
jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:57:48 PM

I was also introduced to bitcoin initially back at Senior High School but i did not take it seriously because the friend who introduced me into it  made it sound scary and rigid. Telling me there are strict rules that i need to follow in the forum so i gave up until when i got to the university and a good friend of mine TNBTC introduced me into bounty hunting business. Initially it was time consuming until my reward for my first bounty campaign came and i had about $50 USD. I was so happy and ever since then i have been into crypto and investing in bitcoins. I am glad i joined tho.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:00:54 PM

I also trying to earn on Internet many years but without any success.
I invested in many ponzi programs, revshares, mlm, etc and lost money everywhere.
So, when friend told me about bitcoin a few years ago I was skeptic and didn't join right away.
When I heard how much he earned here, I finally decided to join.
I now regret that I didn't join before Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
PSL

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:26:51 PM

I learned about bitcoin in 2012. Unfortunately, I did not take this information seriously and did not buy bitcoins then. Maybe it was influenced by fears that the state will not like it)
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:13:45 PM

Am a social guy who always spend much time online and also join so many  discussion forum where people share their opinion on new technology,got to know about it on the discussion forum around 2015...
Boybugwal760820

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:47:02 PM

The first time I've heard about bitcoin was on 2009 and I really don't paid enough attention on it because I was really thinking that it's worth nothing and it would just simply die or vanish into nothing but a friend of mine inform me about this bitcoin somewhere on 2017 and all the other crypto currencies in which he can convert into real money so since that day I really find a great interest in bitcoin and all the other crypto currencies out there.
Robert46

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:50:13 PM

I heard about bitcoin from my co worker.  he is explaining what will happen in the next five years. and  how it will be ruled the market in the future. This made  me interested and leads me to research more about it.
sumangs

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:25:13 PM

I first encounter it on deepweb using it as a payment for anonymity. So I find a way to earn it. First I knew that it could be mined by the use of GPUs but the electricity cost in my county is expensive. So other way is on gambling site but I lately notice the it could be bought by the use of exchanges. So I put my savings on bitcoin and put in on the gambling site. I earned more than I loss so I think I was lucky that my savings didn't go to vain. So the next time I just do some trading on exchanges. Less risk but greater and sure gains.
dmcx

Activity: 348

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:38:59 PM

I was just a bit beginner about bitcoin, my friend introduced it and that guy said I know what to know and it wants me to read and know bitcoin not long ago. Through the bitcointlak that I learn, I know the current situation of bitcoin and the crypto. Shocked

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
jayintop

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:46:15 PM

MLM did me a lot of damage but one thing I got from all the chaos is crypto. I learnt about bitcoin for the first time in ponzi as a means of payment and I did my own research. Its been a great ride ever since, and its just the beginning of a great journey ahead.
lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:01:47 AM

I already hear about bitcoin last 2014 but I really dont care beacuase my cousin thought me that it is all about stocks and I know that is not is not interesting or honestly speaking it look like that is very boring. But when the time that I got a job in money remittace I was noticed that many of our clients are investing and collecting their salary thru our company. And one day my former classmate was also collecting his salary. I did not expect that he can have that money because I know him all he know to do is to live his life to the fullest. So I asked him to teach me and he did and until know he guided me in every signature campaign that we join.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:05:30 PM

I got involved in bitcoin in 2017 after the popular ponzi scheme MMM became bankrupt while trying to resuscitates the scheme they decided to start payment using bitcoin this prompted me to fully research and seek more information about bitcoin I was amazed with all the discoveries I made as regards the use and benefits of adopting bitcoin.
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:40:48 PM

How I heard about bitcoin started early 2015 when I was searching for means in which I will use to earn some money to help support my schooling because I'm an undergraduate. So I was introdue into an online business by a friend called MMM (As of then I never knew it was ponzi) the way it was presented (mouth watery bonuses) made me to engage in it fully and started marketing it. I became successful at it made some cool cash too.

When it became famous in my country I decided to explore all its benefits then I saw an advert of BItcoin I picked interest because it was offering 50% ROI monthly while my local currency was 30%ROI. So then my journey began in the Cryptocurrency world.  I became fully a Cryptopreneur January 2016 after my wanna be cryptocoin called TBC (thebillioncoin) failed me. I have made some few mistakes afterwards but I can proudly say, me picking interest in Bitcoin (cryptocurrency) from a Ponzi biz,  is one of the most smartest move I have ever made in my life.

How did you hear about bitcoin?

Heard 1st time from the biggest scam in crypto, bitconnect.
Most people are get multiple profits but the rest sucks a lot.
from there i learn a lot and end up in this forum and learn a lot again
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:07:22 PM

An old random post on a forum that I was checking out in early 2011. I mined a bit on my laptop (had a gpu) on slushes pool and forgot about it. Got back into it about 6 months later.

exactly the same for me Smiley I read a post on a forum
and then mined some on a GPU and forgot about it, only to get back in a year or so
there was also a  standalone programme that mined bitcoins and offered ingame online money in return for some forgotten now game
so then I read more about it and finally found bitcointalk-the best source of information about bitcoins for me then and now
there was gpu mining of a coin per day, getting scammed by 50btc pool in between and many more interesting and not so interesting things

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:30:55 PM

I also as you, as a student, looking for different ways to earn money on the Internet. I had a certain amount of money accumulated over the summer work, and I was looking for where to invest profitably. I also got into a few Scam projects until I came across bitcoin. And it really gave me an opportunity to make money.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
beatzcoin123

Activity: 184
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 08:53:11 PM

i think we both shared the same story, though i was introduced into bitcoin by a close friend, who was also the same person that introduced me to mmm, after loosing half of my live savings to the ponzi scheme, i found shelter in bitcoin and i have no cause to regret my decisions.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:06:17 PM

Heard about Bitcoin from a friend, that was in search for a way out of poverty, as a result of  unemployment after our degree programme, He introduce the  BitcoinTalk platform to, for me to learn, research and be equipped before the journey commence, It has beena profitable endeavour from 2017 till this moment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: