Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:59:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you hear about Bitcoin (From Ponzi to Cryptocurrency)  (Read 1228 times)
Triwiyono

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 11:08:41 PM

How did you hear about bitcoin?

the first time I heard about bitcoin from advertisements on the internet, I opened a website and there was an ad about faucets that could produce bitcoin. it's been a long time for me to play the faucet until I finally found out about bitcoin gambling, then airdrop and finally bounty in this forum. and in this forum I learned a lot about bitcoin to become a bitcoin trader until now.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 12:50:41 AM

i know bitcoin from ponzi scheme, at the first i saw my facebook riend share about bitcoin, and i learn about bitcoin at that time, after that i saw that there are people that share website to double the bitcoin, so i know that is not going well so i stop my investment in that website

shulc7

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:32:24 PM

I remember the word bitcoin i heard first is on the year 2010. In that time bitcoin is not that valuable coin, i also thunk that it is only a ponzi scheme, but on the december of 2017 i got shocked by its price, about $14k and that's the time i am curious about bitcoin and want to understand its concept.

Oh, yes, I was also among these guys that paid their attention to some  "strange" (as it seemed to me that time) digital money that appeared at that time. However, I could not guess that Bitcoin would conquer the world.
tiktak89

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:52:22 PM

I got fired from my job and decided I didn't want to tie my life to the office anymore. So I studied different earning strategies on the Internet until I finally found bitcoin. And I immediately got involved in this topic, because it is profitable and interesting.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 08:57:18 PM

I first saw advertisements mentioning BTC when I used to participate in rev share programs in 2014. But at the time I didn't really look into BTC until a friend of mine mentioned it to me in December 2014 and that's when I decided to look more into BTC and then started to work with faucets to build up my BTC and then I started trading in small amounts. So that is basically how I heard about Bitcoin. 

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Stargazing

Activity: 130
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:10:42 PM

I think we won't find out. If this is a pyramid, it will burst in a hundred years, no less.
Pyr3x

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:22:14 PM

I do not remember how I learned about bitcoin, in my opinion it was a post on social networks. But as soon as I learned about such a phenomenon as cryptocurrency, I immediately began to study it, because I immediately realized that this can make good money. I was right.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 09:36:15 PM

One friend, who was my mentor at that time just told me that this sphere has big perspectives in the future. So I decided to join.
rtm125

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:46:11 PM

I got into the company of some pretty smart guys who mentioned bitcoin in their conversation. Of course, I asked them to tell me more about it. And one of them subsequently helped me to invest. And so began my bitcoin history, which has been going on for several years.

Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:54:51 PM

I saw an article about bitcoin in one of the financial magazines. I was interested in the topic of investing in cryptocurrency and I began to study this topic in social networks, the Internet, found this forum. All this subject quickly tightened me and thus, I am 3 years here.

Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:46:50 PM

A friend from the social media introduced me to a new kind of currency called bitcoin more than three years ago and later urged me to invest on it. My other friends in social media believe that te cryptocurrency is a scam so I made a research first and discovered that bitcoin is not only cryptocurrency that existing at that time and many people are already using it in their online transactions. Some people in the social media are already using the bitcoin in their so called online investments that include HYIP which are mostly scams.
HB Wallet

Activity: 156
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:18:31 AM

I got familiar with the terms from TV and news. They kept reporting about the investment craze, the scams and issues arising from it.

But it seems that mainstream reporters are not experts in the field so they couldn't really give me any actual idea of what Bitcoin was, so I was a little confused but curious at the same time about it. So I simply went online, did my research, gave myself some education and eventually dived in.
thankyoulord

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 07:49:48 PM

i heard about bitcoin from ponzi. then the ponzi mmm united was on and a friend told me how he invested bitcoin and made 50% profit. i bought some bitcoin then and also invested without really knowing much about bitcoin

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
tunapa

Activity: 667

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 08:56:39 PM

In 2016 I got to know bitcoin when a friend introduced me to a ponzi scheme called mmmglobalbtc. As at then bitcoin was still 600$ per coin.  Since then,  I participated in some other ponzi schemes that gave me more understanding of bitcoin and I also did further research about it.  After then I got opened to other cryptocurrencies and have been enjoying the ride since then.
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 10:19:05 PM

i hear virst from Bitcoin at a crimeforum.
It was very easy to order weed there for Bitcoins .
The prize at this time was around 300 $ per Bitcoin and i was wondering how can one coin have so much value XD
And now we are around 3000$ XD

regards
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 01:14:06 AM

I am heard about bitcoin around 2017 but in that time, it not attacting me because i think its a ponzi scheme. I am start to believe that crypto is real investment when i am read about goldman sachs buying poloniex and want to open bitcoin trading desk. Hopely this market will give profits next year

libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 03:57:15 AM

Heard in around 2014 on an Indian forum, then got stellar airdrop - unfortunately sold it for pennies then in 2016 joined steemit that got me bit more into cryptocurrency.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 09:23:38 AM

i hear virst from Bitcoin at a crimeforum.
It was very easy to order weed there for Bitcoins .
The prize at this time was around 300 $ per Bitcoin and i was wondering how can one coin have so much value XD
And now we are around 3000$ XD

regards

Plain truth of how bitcoin have managed to stand up and rise without the government people regulating it. I always ask myself if what would happen if it will be managed like the fiats, will it have those big pumps and dumps or will stay at certain range?

Anyways, I was introduced into bitcoin by my schoolmate. He ask me first if I am interested in earning money while I am studying. I said yes but when he told me what he was doing, I doubt myself I can do the same too especially the time management. I am really glad that he told me because it greatly helps me in my finances.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 10:37:42 AM

The first time I started using bitcoin  and buying bitcoin was to use it for multi level marketing platform Zarfund  but since I am not good in multi level marketing I lost all the bitcoin in invested. The next one I try was HYIP Platform and one of them was called worldminer. I also lost everything.
Really? Just like you, many people have been fooled using bitcoin. Some of us knew the cryptocurrency because of HYIP or ponzi scheme. However, some of us failed to deepen the understanding about bitcoin because we thought it will just ruin our future. I lost also but not my money in cryptocurrency but the time I spent towards bounty campaign. However, I am compensated well also by my payment.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
Blocktopian88

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 02:48:38 PM

Actually I really don't remember when I heard about it, but to be sure it would not be earlier than 2016. And just suddenly, the Bitcoin crashed into news, you can see it almost everywhere. I started to learn about it from last month.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: