Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:18:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password?  (Read 1958 times)
peterstrong007 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:03:47 PM

I'm not sure about the links you're promoting.
that's why someone is so careful with activity in the crypto world. at least, make a copy of the data to prevent loss, so you are not too dizzy with problems encountered such as forgot password, private key and the like. Your security must be created by yourself

It is a trusted website. cuz I've already tested it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 12:10:55 PM

If you are talking password you put in your online btc wallet then maybe you can recover thru talk support just provide credentials if they ask about it. Just a simple reminder don't ever forget your password or you might a problem in the future of your assets.

levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:48:07 PM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.

because many peoples forgot their password or key, it makes bitcoin price more expensive because they will decreasing the supply coin
by the buried balance in their wallet. if bitcoin balance can be recovered, bitcoin price won't be expensive as now. less supply = more price
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:36:37 PM

I don't see the possibility that i'll forget my bitcoin wallet because am a very cautious person, bitcoin wallet password is something that should be treated with utmost importance, you can save it in your phone, laptop, diary etc so that even if you forget, you can still locate it
hiwainmoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:45:35 PM

It isnt possible to recover a password from a wallet,when we are talking about the myetherwallet you wont be able to open your wallets,not unless you have backed up your private keys,im sure you can still open the wallet which you have forgot using the private keys that you have,That is why we need to have some backups of our keys.

cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:23:51 PM

PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.

It is not like an ATM that when we forgot our PIN, there's a bank that can provide us another ATM with a different PIN after we have deactivated the old one.

On our BTC wallet, securing our private key is so important because if we lost it then we are done. There is third party software believed that can retrieve these keys but I don't think it is safe. What I would suggest is that we have to print the details and private keys. Keep it in a safety box.
leynuuuh

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:27:47 PM

Then you lose all your riches, as simple as that. If you lose your private key, that's a big problem. If you don:t have back ups of your private key, that is also a proble. Iy is better to keep safe, because ypur money is in the line here. Let get straight forward to it.
Torbeks

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:30:11 PM

If someone losses their private key, it's like the end of the world feeling for that person. Basically, that is why it was called private key because it is your password to your wallet where you keep your holdings, your investment. Then if it is lost, then your investment is gone too, forever.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Friskaadew

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:38:39 PM

Hopefully this does not happen again to me, at that time I never forget the private key MEW that I have. While some bounty projects that I participate already transfer coinnya to my MEW. At first I was confused to find a way to open my MEW, because the private key I remove. However when I open my MEW folder, I have time to save the barcode image from my MEW. So finally I can reopen my MEW.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:28:47 AM

If you lose your private key, that's a big problem. If you dont have back ups of your private key, that is also a proble. Smiley
tetyulfania

Activity: 653

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:41:38 AM

Based on the market or wallet you are using, if you use blockhain wallet to save and keep your bitcoin balance, will be difficult to reset your password if you are forgetting your passward blockhain account. But if you are using coinbase wallet is easy to reset and if you are forget your password. Maybe you have sincere to loss your balance on your market. very difficult to reset if we are forgot our password on blockhain wallet,
jchav010101

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:05:45 AM

It is possible for them to steal the money that the wallet holds but that software is running locall and it can operate without a network so that uses can protect their confidentiality and it doesn’t upload any of your information.If you still feel unsafe or unable to completely trust that software you can disconnect the network link to run the decryption program so that your wallet security will be safe.Transfer your funds right away to another address if you can recover it successfull.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:36:18 AM

It is possible for them to steal the money that the wallet holds but that software is running locall and it can operate without a network so that uses can protect their confidentiality and it doesn’t upload any of your information.If you still feel unsafe or unable to completely trust that software you can disconnect the network link to run the decryption program so that your wallet security will be safe.Transfer your funds right away to another address if you can recover it successfull.

Of course,it's a safe software and i had retrieved my password through this!
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:45:45 AM

Based on the market or wallet you are using, if you use blockhain wallet to save and keep your bitcoin balance, will be difficult to reset your password if you are forgetting your passward blockhain account. But if you are using coinbase wallet is easy to reset and if you are forget your password. Maybe you have sincere to loss your balance on your market. very difficult to reset if we are forgot our password on blockhain wallet,

itll only be difficult to reset your password if ever you lost or forgot your email and number associated to that account because you cant possibly recieve a recovery password or a code that will unlock your locked/forgotten account . Blockchain , coinbase or any other wallets are still the same when it comes to recovering matters.

@op you can still posibly open and recover your account as long as you still have access to the email or number linked to your lost wallet account.
maxim000

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:59:57 AM

Extra cautious while dealing with money matters is the only key to success. Never depend on anyone, never share your details with anyone. If you loose your password you are at a stake to loose everything you earned , your inputs, your dedication to grow from this project will vanish. So be careful, alert and keep your nerves active and do not let dementia overpower you.
NightCloudz07

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:02:48 AM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.
i think there is no possible to got your wallet back if you lost your password so it was better to protect and care on it.

▲▼▲▼ZICHAIN ▲▼▲▼ JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO
▲▼ BLOCKCHAIN ASSET MANAGEMENT ECOSYSTEM ▲▼
gunungkembar

Activity: 545
Merit: 43

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:11:00 AM

there is definitely nothing you can do which means you have lost your valuable assets because it can not get into your wallet, therefore keep as good as you can your wallet so as not to lose.
GalaxyWorld

Activity: 406

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:27:22 AM

Forgotten your password means you will lose money? So you have to carefully store it on a piece of paper or something you think is highly reliable. Also, disclosing information will cause you to lose money.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:52:58 AM

it is perfectly. but where are the guarantees that these guys will not be able to recover your password and just do not steal your money? I think there is only one option: always write down your password.

I used it last week,actually,some people maybe had confusion that bad guys have the chance to steal their wallet money when the software decrypt the password, but that software can operate without a network so that user can protect their’ confidentiality, and it doesn’t upload any of your information, without giving them any opportunity to steal your money.

Nice try trying to lure bitcoin newbies into getting some private info and potentially stealing other wallet credentials. Even if such an application operates offline, it can still potentiall store the data it gathered somewhere without you noticing, and upload it once the machine is connected to the internet. If you lost your privkey, that's it. No amount of computing power today can brute-force it. Even wallet passwords is a hard feat and it wouldn't be viable to guess it for, let's say even a quad-core CPU which most PCs and laptops have. Do not fal for this, please.
Yes its very risky to use such services.It would be always better to store your password safely either in a pendrive or manually written in a paper.Recently i lost my myetherwallet password and i'm totally upset about it as i have some tokens saved in it

zhopas

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:01:16 AM

For bitcoin wallet holders who have forgotten their passwords, all may not be as bad as it seems.
There are many ways to secured tour wallet password such as think a password that is something that you can not forget whenever you where go like you birthday, favorite numbers, love one's favorite number, etc then make sure that is it unique though no one can know it. Then set this as your password or not so set this as your password in all your account especially in your social media for you to not be confused all the time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: