Bitcoin Forum
October 15, 2024, 05:35:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password?  (Read 1984 times)
Bhalibad

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:50:16 AM

it is perfectly. but where are the guarantees that these guys will not be able to recover your password and just do not steal your money? I think there is only one option: always write down your password.

I used it last week,actually,some people maybe had confusion that bad guys have the chance to steal their wallet money when the software decrypt the password, but that software can operate without a network so that user can protect their’ confidentiality, and it doesn’t upload any of your information, without giving them any opportunity to steal your money.

Nice try trying to lure bitcoin newbies into getting some private info and potentially stealing other wallet credentials. Even if such an application operates offline, it can still potentiall store the data it gathered somewhere without you noticing, and upload it once the machine is connected to the internet. If you lost your privkey, that's it. No amount of computing power today can brute-force it. Even wallet passwords is a hard feat and it wouldn't be viable to guess it for, let's say even a quad-core CPU which most PCs and laptops have. Do not fal for this, please.

Actually you can make you computers offline all the time until the password was obtained,and until the coins has been transferred ,then make the computer connect the Internet.

If we forget our password it is a very  big problem to us because we lost the things that we have.So all of us we need to carefull, we should be responsible to keep our password safe.
Edu martin

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:55:01 AM

you are your own security in the cryptocurrency space, ensure you save on a gadget and also you can print out your wallet recovery details and keep in a safe place to avoid total lost of your BTC, You have to be carefull with recovery site, as they seems to have access to your wallet key, I do not trust such platform.
Maveric99

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:08:41 AM

You question your difficulties or indirectly you tell us to go to your site hahhaa, you should have at least 3 ways to store passwords securely as stored in software or hardware.
Chance Taylor

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:05:52 PM

I think if you lose your password bitcoin then the chances you can get back are very difficult. It is possible that you will lose all that is in the wallet.  Embarrassed Embarrassed
Rossalex

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:11:35 PM

if we lose the password of our bitcoin wallet or our token im we can not take or ask for our right to do on that project, so until we do that we have to be careful and have to keep this important document to be able to invest again and we must keep for our continuous investing.
MS.LAWLIET

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:34:17 PM

For bitcoin wallet holders who have forgotten their passwords, all may not be as bad as it seems.

Something that has a value cannot be forgotten easily, if your wallet have a large amount of btc then there is no way you can just be careless in saving your private keys but if you really lost your private key then you are the one to be blamed, I don't think you can open your wallet. always be sure in securing your private keys.
Sedorikku

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:36:26 PM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.
If that thing happen,  we must make ourselves that we must take care of our privacy key and many things that has to do with our private life. Password is very important for us because with this we cannot open our
wallet and we can't access it without our password.
valentinen39

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:42:28 PM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.

Obviously, your coins will be gone immediately because there is no way for you to retrieve it like email authentication or what so ever, so always keep a copy of your wallet address and private keys in order to retrieve your wallet.
assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:45:44 PM

Then I think you need to goodbye to your wallet because there is no other way to open it because your wallet is not connected to you social media sites or account. The thing is just save more copies of your password or your private keys so that if you forget it then you have a copy that you can easily paste it.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Coinlover9

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:28:25 PM

Well the owner will be full of regret but he or she can rest easy that if he is not getting that no one is getting it.
Blessed J

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:34:11 PM

This may be one of the most difficult situations to face. I won't keep my password in my head alone and think that I will always remember. There are a lot of things which go on and I have a lot of things to think about some i always prefer to write all my passwords down. I have a whole book designated for keeping records of all my crypto activities so I write all my passwords there. I think it's better that way.
Vertex_ICO

Activity: 602
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:01:53 PM

Keep it stored somewhere, as good as you may feel your memory is, over time you will forget.
trk

Activity: 228

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:52:13 PM

It is better to not have any bitcoin at all than losing it all because you forgot the private key LOL
But these kind of cases are very common especially for early adopter who never thought that bitcoin price will be this high. Most of them owned like hundreds of bitcoin free from mining and all they have now is regret

fotosonics

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:16:07 PM

When bitcoin was not so famous and had no such value and worth, no one took it seriously, because of which many simply forgot the keys to their wallets. If I'm not mistaken, it is impossible to restore access to the wallet from which the key is lost.
Larrymili

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 06:20:45 PM

If you forget your Bitcoin wallet password, that is the end of you currency in it, but if a websit like this can help, then we will appreciate it because we are human being that have so many thing to think about, no matter how brave Abd secure you are you may forget.
peterstrong007 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:09:49 AM

If you forget your Bitcoin wallet password, that is the end of you currency in it, but if a websit like this can help, then we will appreciate it because we are human being that have so many thing to think about, no matter how brave Abd secure you are you may forget.

Yes,and this website can help more people to retrieve their password.
Charity07

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:14:09 AM

It is bad if you forgot your wallet password. It's as if you have a lot of money but you can not use it. Many people have forgotten their wallet password, they have no way to retrieve their password. I think the best way to keep your password is to note it in the place where you can see whenever you want.
seafoodgirl

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:29:40 AM

it is perfectly. but where are the guarantees that these guys will not be able to recover your password and just do not steal your money? I think there is only one option: always write down your password.

I agree with you, knowing that they can retrieve your bitcoin account they definitely knows how to access and to get in to your account, so still it is risky. so the only way and safest way is to store your bitcoin account information in different places for you not to forget nor lose it.
cokkapaga
Legendary

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 02:53:25 AM

It is bad if you forgot your wallet password. It's as if you have a lot of money but you can not use it. Many people have forgotten their wallet password, they have no way to retrieve their password. I think the best way to keep your password is to note it in the place where you can see whenever you want.

some way to recover bitoin wallet password if you are forgot it.
Using the backup file or the private key and phrase password to recevore it. but if all forgot. It's bad a idea and Cannot to recover it.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████▄
▄███████████▀    ▀███████████▄
███████████▀        ▀█    ██████
██████████▀                ███████
█████████▀      ▄██▄        ████████
▄███████▀      ▄█▀  ▀█▄      ▀███████▄
██████▀      ▄█▀      ▀█▄      ▀██████
█████▄     ▄█▀    ▄ ▄   ▀█▄     ▄█████
███████▄ ▄█▀    ██████    ▀█▄ ▄███████
█████████▀       █   ██     ▀█████████
▀████████        █████       ████████▀
████████        █   ██      ████████
███████       ██████       ███████
██████         ▀ ▀        ██████
▀████                    ████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

Alt.Estate

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████
  TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
Wong Kalong

Activity: 377

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:17:30 AM

If I forgot my Bitcoin wallet password I would have lost all the treasures in the wallet and surely I would be very sorry. But to prevent all that I always record the password of Bitcoin wallet or other passwords in my personal file. Then I told my parents that sometimes if anything happens with me. At least there are people I trust the most to know my personal things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: