Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:07:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PURPOSE OF TOKEN?  (Read 3298 times)
Seundavid

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:27:38 AM

Every ICO has own token which to reward you the kind of work you have done for them.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:40:18 AM

Hi guys, this just bother me long time ago, and just popped up recently..

What is the purpose of token?

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.
I hope I can get POSITIVE response and not some hates and negative one.

Thank you.
Token was created to be used for a purpose in a certain project.  Developers created coins to gather funds to develop and build their virtual/ digital projects that is  commonly based on ethereum platform.  This coins has a specific value and introduce in the market through an Initial Coin Offering (ICO).  When the ICO became successful, then the token can be exchanged in the crypto market.  There are many tokens around because there are many successful ICOs.   These tokens are launched not only for investment purposes but also to be used in the implementation of the project. 

I know that your token at hand is valuable.  You should have to do some research or watch tutorials on youtube on how to exchange that into bitcoin.
soenaderecho10

Activity: 322
Merit: 25

“OPEN GAMING PLATFORM”

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:10:00 AM

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.

Thank you.
Token was created to be used for a purpose in a certain project.  Developers created coins to gather funds to develop and build their virtual/ digital projects that is  commonly based on ethereum platform.  This coins has a specific value and introduce in the market through an Initial Coin Offering (ICO).  When the ICO became successful, then the token can be exchanged in the crypto market.  There are many tokens around because there are many successful ICOs.   These tokens are launched not only for investment purposes but also to be used in the implementation of the project. 

I know that your token at hand is valuable.  You should have to do some research or watch tutorials on youtube on how to exchange that into bitcoin.

For me token is a alternate on cryptocurrency that one day if the token have a price we can trade it in ethereum currency and ethereum exchange to bitcoin so other people hold it because if the price of bitcoin will big theres a big opportunity to become rich so that i think that is the purpose of token..

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:40:45 AM

i think token is a payment for a company that organizes ico. they sell that company's products with a token exchange tool. the more the tokens require, the higher the price. we can buy or sell the tokens after being converted to btc or eth

zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:12:24 AM

Thank you.
before they make a token with a large supply amount, they make a concept for the project to be created. after which they will seek funds from investors by selling the token. after their funding reaches hard cap, the tokens purchased by the investor can be sell/exchanged into ethereum or bitcoin at the exchanges that can exchange the token.
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:12:44 AM

i think token is a payment for a company that organizes ico. they sell that company's products with a token exchange tool. the more the tokens require, the higher the price. we can buy or sell the tokens after being converted to btc or eth
A token that gives users the right to contribute work to a decentralized network or DAO (whether on blockchain level or smart contract level) and earn in exchange for their work. That work can be serving as an oracle (in the case of Augur), being the backstop in a collateralized debt system (in the case of Maker).
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 11:22:19 AM

If you mean token = alternative cryptocurrency, then you can exchange it oneday to Ethereum, and ethereum is convertable to bitcoin, lol.
I think what he meant was the real purpose of the token itself. because the token is converted to eth, everyone will see the token in the exchanger and see its rate, which is higher. if it finds it, they will also find out the background of the token because the token is an effort of the ico project. and ico project aims to promote a new technology to be developed. and if it succeeds, it will attract investors to join in ico project.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:29:32 AM

If you mean token = alternative cryptocurrency, then you can exchange it oneday to Ethereum, and ethereum is convertable to bitcoin, lol.
I think what he meant was the real purpose of the token itself. because the token is converted to eth, everyone will see the token in the exchanger and see its rate, which is higher. if it finds it, they will also find out the background of the token because the token is an effort of the ico project. and ico project aims to promote a new technology to be developed. and if it succeeds, it will attract investors to join in ico project.
A token that is required to use a service. Bitcoin and Ether are the best examples of usage tokens — token ownership does not give you any specialized rights within the network, but it does give you access to the service (the Bitcoin payment network and the Ethereum Virtual Machine in the case of BTC and ETH).
Tigorss

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:00:35 PM

Thank you.
digital token is more than an asset for financial speculation and that the token ICO can be used to fund agile teams with the drive to build new platforms
stely41

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:07:14 PM

Thank you.

Although these coins have external value (you can buy and sell any of them on an online exchange for other cryptocurrencies or real money), they aren’t meant to represent anything. They just are asset backed tokens are claims on an underlying asset, from a specific issuer.
Tyronthegreat

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:07:56 PM

I think so too and what you had been sad bro is right. Since we are in the modern era and we were from the system that needs to create another and improvement that is why there are so many ICO. Although this is sometimes not good because scammers are using it to scam people, still the most important is changes are real and we are approaching to the success of the New world face created waiting for us.
DMCR lah

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:01:48 PM

The main objective of a Token Economies is to improve desired behavior and undesirable reduction behavior. Often Token Economies are used in settings within an institution (such as a mental hospital or rehabilitation facility) to regulate the behavior of individuals that can be unpredictable or aggressive. However, the more important goal of Token Economies is to teach appropriate behavior and social skills that can be used in a natural (natural) environment.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:03:23 PM

Thank you.
Every campaign have their token. Each token have different purpose. Token is what you get after your job done.
Token will represent the project and the project is aiming to create new technology and when it succeed it will attract investors.
Ammenz

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:43:36 AM

Every campaign have their token. Each token have different purpose. Token is what you get after your job done.
Token will.token are chance to your own money
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:46:10 AM

Yes you have a point.Tokens was given by qn Ico project which different in value but all of them will start to convert by ethereum then bitcoin and last into fiat.
ico is a project of a company that has its own currency unit in the form of tokens. i think just like any other cryptocurrency, to buy or sell must pass through ethereum or bitcoin first

gezhid008

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:51:02 AM

Thank you.

You just have to write a smart contract on the ether. Issue scrip, do ICO.

The presence of these tokens, let developers can be flexible to establish a complete ecological system, these tokens, as an effective tool for managing platform, whether to pay investors a dividend, or encourage investors to participate in community construction, and ensure that content is real and effective platform in the vote, and so on, all tokens up to the incomparable importance.
bubidan.id

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:06:30 AM

Purpose of token? are you read the whitepaper of your token? If you already read the whitepaper you will know the purpose of the token. Token = cryptocurrency like another. Token have any purpose, depends on the platform as service.

Elysian Finance◆   |   Next generation reverse backed token
https://elysian.finance/
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:17:42 AM

Thank you.

A token is a digital asset that can be classed as a security or utility

The purpose of tokens is to help facilitate the transfer of value

You can exchange your tokens for Bitcoin, Ethereum or other cryptocurrencies at market price on an exchange

Here's a more detailed explanation: https://www.bbva.com/en/what-is-a-token-and-what-is-it-for/

randyjayag3

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:35:40 AM

Token is very cheap that's why more project is created and a lot of people are buying tokens, they can earn more money from it.Tokens can be exchange in Decentralized token exchange.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:39:13 AM

Tokens are easier to produce and maintain as it is running on someone else's blockchain. If you create your own coin then you need your own chain and a way of keeping it running and secure. LISK will allow you to make a side-chain along the main blockchain thereby giving you the best of both worlds. LISK is therefore a good investment, product releasing soon Wink

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: