Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:48:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PURPOSE OF TOKEN?  (Read 3293 times)
Blockstate

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 04:30:29 PM

Not all tokens are the same, there are more types. I will start with what I know, who knows more can add something, and for others
who seek for some more knowledge should search about it and maybe contact some developers.

-Equity Tokens : Startups can issue stock or equity tokens through initial coin offering (ICO). This will benefit startups since the barrier
to entry into the financial markets will be much lower than in the past.

-Securities Tokens : A security is a broad classification that refers to any kind of tradable asset. Through ICO`s, investors have access
to a wide variety of securities tokens, ranging from coins redeemable for precious metals to tokens backed by real estate.

-Utility Tokens : Utility tokens, which may also be called app coins or app tokens, provide users with access to a product or service.

I hope I helped a little, I see many people doesn`t know much about tokens. Read more, there are a lot of informations out there.
They are free and you just need a bit time to read about everything you want to know.

Actually, while there are different types of securities, all equity tokens are at the same time security tokens: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/security.asp

There are many reasons why a company would decide to have an ETO (Equity Token Offering) instead of an ICO. We have decided to utilize ETOs as we want to give our future investors all the shareholder rights that a "normal" investment into a company would offer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:59:35 PM

i want to say it is way for start up to raise needed money
But reality is to steal our money
That second purpose still overcoming first one

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
itsik78

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:05:11 PM

A token is a digital asset created on the initiative of a particular individual or entity and having a specific purpose (for example, playing the role of a stock when raising funds during the ICO).
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:40:24 PM

Tokens generation has always do for giving benefits to the investors. As we have seen every project has product or service. tokens can be used for giving reward to developers for their work. Token is like shares we have in share market. it is most commonly used for trading purposes.

Cryptoworld4

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:51:10 PM

A token was created for the purpose of delivering a product. I wonder why we now have so many excessive tokens in the market today without a real corresponding product. This should stop.
CryptomartN

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:09:14 PM

Hi guys, this just bother me long time ago, and just popped up recently..

What is the purpose of token?

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.
I hope I can get POSITIVE response and not some hates and negative one.

Thank you.
When any token is created without nothing new or adding a value to the society, I think investors should just ignore such crypto projects because they will most likely not succeed or go anywhere.
Keyboard PC

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:43:55 PM

I think the purpose of this token is as a breaker and can be one solution to be able to solve problems in the economy or problems from infrastructure which means that tokens are actually a lot of benefits.
ziac
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:26:59 PM

Some token serves as utility token for specific project where you can use it as a form of payment in their ecosystem.. There are different types of token for example erc20 token issued by eth network though the purpose will be dependent on the project contract

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Caubethamaner

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:44:05 AM

You can use it for any transaction payments, so definitely you can use it for what it really used and there is a lot of token which you can use to something that it has been used for so the token was created just for its needed.
arrmia11

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:56:49 AM

There are a lot of usage of tokens. You can use it to purchase something (it may be things, another token and many more) or use it as one of the payment methods. Token has different kinds, so it depends to it's type on how are you going to use it.  It's your choice of course, but before you invest on some tokens, make sure you know the advantages of it.

burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:59:40 AM

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.

Thank you.
It is being called as tokens when it is not yet listed in an exchange and does not function as a medium for exchange like most of the token are to be utilized as since it is the sole purpose of the token. After a token will be listed to an exchange that token will be already called as a coin since it could be utilized and it could be used as a form of payment in utilization for that project.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
ApocalypseNow

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:01:29 AM

Thank you.

You can't transfer it to bitcoin because the altcoins have their own blockchain so the only way to put it into bitcoin is through trading or exchanging it. Tokens have different purposes but usually it's about monetizing a specific niche and making the token itself the means of payment.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:02:28 AM

the goal is the ico project that will be marketed there must be a promotion to attract investors, and the way to increase investment in ico is by buying tokens and investing tokens. and when the project is successful, it will affect the token exchange rate to eth, which will bring profit.
pocketfullofpoke

Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:57:38 AM

Every token has its own unique ticker name and so does with its purpose or use cases. Token comes from the concept of projects who integrate blockchain into their products and some tokens have their own blockchain while others are also using the existing blockchain of tokens with bigger names like ETH, NEO, WAVES, and others.

calya

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:22:56 AM

i am agree with you,some project just using token as camouflage for their project to earn money from beginner investor.they dont understand many thief trying lie to us by make new project.
Candycrush22

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:13:10 AM

Thank you.
Tokens are a means of ownership of the asset that you've been funding, every ICO has its own token, they invented token to know more about their project. The number of tokens is often limited, demand increases, and tokens increase.
blackbold

Activity: 384

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:36:43 AM

Thank you.
Is the token that you mean also one of crypto? I think every token has its own purpose, and now, there are so many altcoins that are in the form of tokens and have different platform bases, if you want to transfer it to bitcoin, make sure first whether the tokens you have are already listed in an exchange? then you can exchange it for eth or bitcoin
boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:43:56 AM

i am agree with you,some project just using token as camouflage for their project to earn money from beginner investor.they dont understand many thief trying lie to us by make new project.
and that is happen to us now.many developer team left their project after collect huge money from investors.and no more developtment.ico project often used to cheat other people.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:07:40 AM

The tokens that you are talking about is a coin just like bitcoin that is used for something, for example, I am selling my product, and you wanna buy some, I can sell you as much amount of my product that you want, but you cant buy it with money, but I have this coin, you can buy this coin with your money, and buy my product with this coin. I think the main objective of this whole cryptocurrency system is to get rid of the paper money or the physical money that we have.

Daseento

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:24:40 AM

Most solid blockchain projects are geared towards solving a particular problem and to this, they often require fund which is why they conduct crowdsale and issue their token to the public. Moreover, even after project implementation and completion, more work such as improvement and expansion are often needed, this are some of the reasons for creating tokens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: