Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:11:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Product Failures / Underperformance.  (Read 28088 times)
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:52:32 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 10:35:56 PM by SLok

Geez, this pie throwing contest is really getting boring.

Facts:

- I got a 45GH single with smashed heatpipes. Getting RMA number was slow 1 week. Had to pay for delivery?! Lost 2 weeks mining without any hint of compensation.
- I got a 57GH single with heatsinks instead of the advertised heatpipes required for really silent cooling.

But on the upside: BFL delivers a USB device that is compact, try the competition for that. As for W/GH I don't care until summer, need the heat anyhow.

All in all I wished they weren't assholes (yes SLok I'm talking mostly about you) and had some respect for their customers, but place yourself in their shoes, they are making their customers rich! WHICH COMPANY IN THE WORLD DOES THAT!? It's time for everyone to realize this.
Rupy the crybaby, advertised with heatpipes? The Single and Little Single SC, now with heatpipes! In your wet dreams kiddo. If you hadn't posted a zillion times crying over heatpipes!, I want heatpipes!, You scammers withheld my heatpipes! you would have been taken serious. So, did you get any heatpipes yet, (demanded heatpipes with his rma) or are you still without heatpipes. Did I mention the heatpipes?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:03:48 AM

All in all I wished they weren't assholes (yes SLok I'm talking mostly about you) and had some respect for their customers, but place yourself in their shoes; they are making their customers rich! WHICH COMPANY IN THE WORLD DOES THAT!? It's time for everyone to appreciate this.
BFL probably hasn't made any of their customers rich.

Most of their customers will probably be poor even if they started out rich.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:15:48 AM

Facts:

- I got a 45GH single with smashed heatpipes. Getting RMA number was slow 1 week. Had to pay for delivery?! Lost 2 weeks mining without any hint of compensation.
- I got a 57GH single with heatsinks instead of the advertised heatpipes required for really silent cooling.

But on the upside: BFL delivers a USB device that is compact, try the competition for that. As for W/GH I don't care until summer, need the heat anyhow.

All in all I wished they weren't assholes (yes SLok I'm talking mostly about you) and had some respect for their customers, but place yourself in their shoes, they are making their customers rich! WHICH COMPANY IN THE WORLD DOES THAT!? It's time for everyone to realize this.
Rupy the crybaby, advertised with heatpipes? The Single and Little Single SC, now with heatpipes! In your wet dreams kiddo. If you hadn't posted a zillion times crying over heatpipes!, I want heatpipes!, You scammers withheld my heatpipes! you would have been taken serious. So, did you get any heatpipes yet, (demanded heatpipes with his rma) or are you still without heatpipes. Did I mention the heatpipes?
Thats right, SloK.

Give them 1980's styled heatsinks when your customers ask for modern, efficient heat dissipation techniques. Even when they are shown assemblies and were shown copper heatsinks and quiet efficient operation.

We need more people like Slok. The type of person who is there when the demonstrations are shown with 2010 technology. Then, is perfectly happy to see disappointed customers get 1980's styled (PC) tech and will even heckle and ban them for complaining. When BFL runs out of processed aluminum alloy they will probably just stick a rock on each chip and call it "revolutionary" heat dissipation.

We always need someone to pee in the coffee pot when it comes to touted expectations. You sweet, kind and totally lovable BFL whore... Roll Eyes

You'll ban anything with any common sense.
The-Real-Link

Activity: 533

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:54:13 AM

Not necessarily a problem but we had a freak accident soon after our units arrived.  A neighborhood power outage fried two of our singles, despite them hooked to the included power supply bricks then hooked to a UPS.  Not sure why the surge wasn't stopped but naturally the large BFL bricks are passive only.  They get quite warm but the fans (when I did use them) ran fine.

BFL via email and phone call only took a day to get back to me, and two or three days to arrange RMA.  We lost slightly over a week of mining but they were very quick to replace our failed units given the circumstances.

Naturally (I lacked the extra cables at the time for the other two units), the unit hooked up to the computer's gold PSU held through.  

Once we got the replacement units, all were connected to the PSU and have been working fine ever since.  Hashing is right on target, temps never above 70C (usually 60s in the remaining fall, and now never above the 50s in near winter).  

But yeah just for the newer people seeing this thread or post, you *can* hook the miners to the included power bricks.  Just probably a better idea to use a real PSU with more protection in it.

Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:39:26 AM

Facts:

Thats right, SloK.

Give them 1980's styled heatsinks when your customers ask for modern, efficient heat dissipation techniques. Even when they are shown assemblies and were shown copper heatsinks and quiet efficient operation.

We need more people like Slok. The type of person who is there when the demonstrations are shown with 2010 technology. Then, is perfectly happy to see disappointed customers get 1980's styled (PC) tech and will even heckle and ban them for complaining. When BFL runs out of processed aluminum alloy they will probably just stick a rock on each chip and call it "revolutionary" heat dissipation.

We always need someone to pee in the coffee pot when it comes to touted expectations. You sweet, kind and totally lovable BFL whore... Roll Eyes

You'll ban anything with any common sense.

He's exactly what Josh is wanting for customers,as well as employees.Gullible,ignorant & proud of it  Cheesy

Have you been to BFL's chat & forums lately Huh  Its a ghost town  Cheesy 

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:40:09 AM

All in all I wished they weren't assholes (yes SLok I'm talking mostly about you) and had some respect for their customers, but place yourself in their shoes; they are making their customers rich! WHICH COMPANY IN THE WORLD DOES THAT!? It's time for everyone to appreciate this.
BFL probably hasn't made any of their customers rich.

Most of their customers will probably be poor even if they started out rich.

.5* as much rich as if had never heard of BFL

/raises hand/

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
rupy

Activity: 725

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:58:28 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 12:18:56 PM by rupy

They make early adopters rich indirectly (by strengthening the network) and they make newcomers rich directly; Say you buy a Jalapeno today, that device should ROI pretty quickly if bitcoin price goes up. Bitcoin is deflationary by design, so BFL makes new $ customers rich by design. I'm getting "poorer" than if I spent FIAT, but not poorer than I was pre-bitcoin; I'm using my early adoption advantage to protect the network. So it's a win/win, no need for attitude either way.

I just ordered a Monarch after reading SLoks message, so his sale tactics are working and I'm paying his salary, Josh you should give him a promotion! Actually give him the money I paid for the Monarch directly or give him a Monarch with that money as a bonus, I suspect that would make him better at his daily job.

In general, if anything goes, most users on this forum today will never have to work a regular job in their life, and that's partly thanks to BFL. It would be beneficial if we all took the free time that creates to build something new, instead of wasting it on the forum.

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:20:41 PM

They make early adopters rich indirectly (by strengthening the network) and they make newcomers rich directly; Say you buy a Jalapeno today; that device should ROI pretty quickly if bitcoin price goes up. Bitcoin is deflationary by design, so BFL makes new $ customers rich by design. I'm getting poorer, but I'm doing ok and I'm using my early adoption advantage to protect the network. So it's a win/win, no need for attitude either way.

I just ordered a Monarch after reading SLoks message, so his sale tactics are working and I'm paying his salary, Josh you should give him a promotion! Actually give him the money I paid for the Monarch directly or give him a Monarch with that money as a bonus, I suspect that would make him better at his daily job.

In general if anything goes, every user on this forum today will never have to work a regular job in their life, and that's partly thanks to BFL. It would be beneficial if we all took the free time that creates to build something new, instead of wasting it on the forum.

I think you might want to thank others. BFL for the most part has not made dreams come true. They have fallen short by more than a few months of making anyone happy.

Let us be honest about that, clearly they have left more people wanting refunds over those who have been interested in ordering more products beyond the crap they already "rushed" out the side door. The gravy train ends with the fact their products are late, poorly assembled, lacking any real design insight or quality particularly with regards to cooling and casing and to be honest no one is buying the idea they are part of the community. They are not helping BitCoin they are part of the long line of people dragging it down for personal gain.

Why don't we stick to the topic at hand. Product failures / Underperformance.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
rupy

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:26:31 PM

I agree about the hardware, but not about the part they play in this community. They are the largest power provider to the network. And we like tinkering anyhow so the hardware issue is not a real problem. Replacing thermal pads was the most fun I had in days!

If you wan't me to give credit to someone else it's zTex, he's an incredible man!

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:41:01 PM

I agree about the hardware, but not about the part they play in this community. They are the largest power provider to the network. And we like tinkering anyhow so the hardware issue is not a real problem. Replacing thermal pads was the most fun I had in days!

If you wan't me to give credit to someone else it's zTex, he's an incredible man!

Well that is where do not see eye to eye KnC has surpassed them on that many weeks ago.

Particularly how they have poisoned the well on refunds and pre-orders and their general disregard for FTC regulations. There are more of a hinderance to global acceptance of bitcoin if you ask me. Nothing in their business practice points to that changing.

ztex, fpgamining, and others deserve a nod. BitFury could take a few nods as well for his chip, KnC for theirs... many others out there do more for the community than BFL without the vitriol and lies.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:41:44 PM

In general, if anything goes, most users on this forum today will never have to work a regular job in their life, and that's partly thanks to BFL.

Not sure if serious or trolling.
rupy

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:57:24 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 01:10:25 PM by rupy

A bit of both. I did purchase a Monarch, 3.6 bitcoins, compare that to the 2.6 bitcoins I payed for a USB ASIC at 330MH/s this summer! Or the 15 bitcoins I payed for my Singles!?!

It's not about getting rich, It's about making people with ties poor! We are killing FIAT. The greatest revolution in the history of mankind and you are throwing punches?! Get real, this is happening.

SLok

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:34:05 PM

Poor customers Puerto? Shall I link to the dump you live in one more time maybe, to show who is the real poor fail in life guy around here? You were crying NO ROI for the late BFL deliveries since January, but guess what, my late single and jalapeno made over 16.4BTC in the last 11 weeks only, ROI enough?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:37:28 PM

Poor customers Puerto? Shall I link to the dump you live in one more time maybe, to show who is the real poor fail in life guy around here? You were crying NO ROI for the late BFL deliveries since January, but guess what, my late single and jalapeno made over 16.4BTC in the last 11 weeks only, ROI enough?

Ah, yes, doxxing for intimidation... Favorite tools of Butterfly Labs for dealing with customer and community backlash.

Zerlan has taught you well, Padawan.

Disgusting.
SLok

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:02:19 PM

Ah, yes, doxxing for intimidation... Favorite tools of Butterfly Labs for dealing with customer and community backlash.

Disgusting.
Hey, you had me on ignore remember? Where was your moral standard hiding when there were vacation pictures of the Zerlan family posted here? Probably hiding behind that bag of dicks you were working on, mister "Josh I'm so sorry please please please can I get my order back"?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:03:03 PM

Slok sounds like dot dot dot

Where are we on finding some more BFL product failures and underperformance? Sort want to keep on topic don't we?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1mrcmr/my_unique_experience_with_bfl/

One of them was defective and mined only 200 MH/s for some reason. But the other three got about 6 GH/s. I waited for a response to my emails, and mined.

There is a pattern developing here right?

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:31:14 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 05:11:45 PM by Xian01

So you openly admit you are "Seated at the Right Hand of Zerlan" ?! I did not know he had disciples like you. Are you on the payroll ?

Where is Josh's moral standing with screwing over countless customers ?

Where is yours for helping screw over BFL's customers by sweeping very real grievances under the rug on the forums you moderate, and defending their unforgivable and deplorable business practices ?

Some group of people you have chosen to roll with.

I hope they are paying you well to tow their party line and it's worth the price of your soul and self-respect.

Again, as for having you on ignore, I do like to peek-in-on and touch the poop from time to time. But you should know this by now. Haven't had the pleasure of interacting with you in quite a while.

Finally, don't you fucking dare talk to me about moral standing. You are not qualified.

Hey, you had me on ignore remember? Where was your moral standard hiding when there were vacation pictures of the Zerlan family posted here?

Ah, lies... The old standard... "Zerlan family" ? Just Josh himself (... not even going to bother re-posting that ship full of boxes-of-fans ...) I wouldn't dare think about stooping to the level of bringing his family into this petty squabble. That's just wrong on all levels. Come on dude. Don't resort to exaggerating or making things up. Why would you even lie about that ?
Wardan_reloadeD

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:26:18 PM

My Single works well since september, but the cable of my Little Single is about to burn, it have no pvc in one of pins and i have to put some heavy to do pression at connector.

BFL Components have doubtful quality, but minners seems to work stable after all.

Next time that LS disconnects i will take a picture and open RMA or try to repair it (or connect it to my pc psu).

Single is making a lot of noise a lot since begining... but i have the miners in separated and unused room.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 05:51:30 PM

Disgusting.
Hey, you had me on ignore remember? Where was your moral standard hiding when there were vacation pictures of the Zerlan family posted here? Probably hiding behind that bag of dicks you were working on, mister "Josh I'm so sorry please please please can I get my order back"?

Christian 'Xian' Antkow is just full of awesomeness... he thinks that posting his name is a form of intimidation (it shows what a paranoid psychotic nutjob he is).  I'm not sure how posting his name, which he's posted in numerous places on the internet, including here on Bitcointalk himself, is intimidation.  Anyone with any technical knowledge at all would realize it's for SEO, so people will see what an unstable nutjob he is and be forewarned that dealing with him will lead to nothing but misery.  Hopefully other startups and businesses will be able to avoid the misery of dealing with him.  A long shot, to be sure, but if it helps even one other person avoid his particular brand of crazy, it's worth it.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:58:20 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 10:36:54 PM by Xian01

... form of intimidation ...

Question: Which Bitcoin-related company Chief Operating Officer violated their company privacy policies, by revealing privileged information about one of their previous, disenfranchised customers, and is trying to now smear their good name ?

Question: Which Bitcoin-related company Chief Operating Officer lies about it, claiming it's publicly available information ?

Question: Which Bitcoin-related company Chief Operating Officer consistently "mistakes" about their production and shipping schedules ?

Question: Who is the bad guy again ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: