Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:37:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Azure Free Credits for Mining Monero/Other CN-Coins. Super-Easy&Super-Profitable  (Read 24042 times)
AzureCloudMiningScript (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

Use your Azure-Credits to mine Monero!

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 08:55:59 PM

FYI: I have added some information about connecting to a node of your pool in the original post. After connecting, you can view the output of the mining-software (xmr-stak). This is useful when diagnosing problems.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:36:03 PM

I ended up getting about 13 sumo coins after about 4 days of mining.  hashrate was around 2000 h/s and I think I also used close to $100 of the $200 free credits.

And then.... Banned!  Yep, I totally got banned for violating terms of service.  Hope this doesn't mess with my MCSE certification!  lol

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:43:02 PM

I ended up getting about 13 sumo coins after about 4 days of mining.  hashrate was around 2000 h/s and I think I also used close to $100 of the $200 free credits.

And then.... Banned!  Yep, I totally got banned for violating terms of service.  Hope this doesn't mess with my MCSE certification!  lol
Did azure give you some more details what behavior exactly they didn't like?
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:55:28 AM

Did azure give you some more details what behavior exactly they didn't like?

Nope, not at all.  I just got an email that said I violated the terms of service.  And they even sent me two separate emails about it.  One for the announcement and then a second email to tell me the exact date they would cancel.  From the email:

We’ve disabled your subscription

We detected a violation of our service terms, so we’ve disabled your subscription and services.

If you think this is in error, please contact Azure Support for assistance.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 06:56:21 AM

all you have to do is:

re-encode your application/miner to give zero output.  only return flags with program closure is an optimal config.  Be sure to build a single binary.  Incorporate all libraries.

Have it bitstream logs with your mining data to a FTP text file for monitoring if that's your thing.

obfuscate the miner app heavily. 
and most importantly:  Add the salt.    [you know what im talking about.... things like pages 13-69 of encyclopedia written in code form, encase the program in this nested code, but allow them to interact with junk variables.  simple intergers, add or subtract.... KISS]

have all data traffic from the machine salted with more traffic to a proxy that you control via a SSL tunnel;  do NOT let them decipher your data in any way..  Have that traffic be ~30x the normal traffic as mining would be.

Have the balls to generate an rsa key >8000 for this communication.... but 4096 personally generated keys can suffice if you up the salt.   Even the government would be scratching their heads trying to decipher your data in any reasonable amount of time.   The altered datastream to the proxy could be infinitely clever.

Unless "utilizing what you pay for" is violation of terms... they have ZERO to hold against you.....

And the steps are all pretty much trivial if you know what you are doing.

I remember when people were doing the free amazon AWS 'free' trial bots that would replicate infinitely......

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 08:37:53 AM

I was looking for the azure-ToS, and on the website this chat-windows pops up. So i start chatting:

Is crypto-currency-mining forbidden in the azure-cloud?

Welcome to Azure Chat!
Let me just check, please allow me minute.
You are allow to do it in the Azure cloud but please be aware of your need a large Virtual Machine.

actually a friend of mine told me that his account was disabled
the support told him that this was due to a violation of the ToS

Azure Security Center helps customers deal with myriads of threats using advanced analytics backed by global threat intelligence. In addition, a team of security researchers often work directly with customers to gain insight into security incidents affecting Microsoft Azure customers, with the goal of constantly improving Security Center detection and alerting capabilities - https://azure.microsoft.com/es-mx/blog/how-azure-security-center-detects-a-bitcoin-mining-attack/

Yes, i have already seen that link.
but this does not apply to my friend's situation
the link talks about some kind of virus, which does the mining against the will of the subscriber
However, my friend intentionally does the mining all by himself.

They can be other reason for that, unfortunately I can't see the exact case as we are the pre-sales team which means we don't have any access to any accounts and we are not allowed to provide any information regarding someones else account.
azure.microsoft.comhttps://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/legal/subscription-agreement-nov-2014/

Ok, thanks for your help.

After reading the ToS i come to the same conclusion as the chat-agent: mining (or having 100% CPU-load for any other purpose) is not specifically forbidden.

To the people who actually got banned from azure: Are you sure that the supposed breach of the ToS was not related to the way you have created your account? Maybe you had multiple accounts, phoney credit-card-numbers, obvious fake names, etc?

All i can say is that so far i never had this kind of problem, and i've been mining non-stop for over 6 months now. However, when signing up i also made a point to only use legit information (real name, real address, etc. ). Maybe that is the difference?
mk111

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:21:57 AM

My Azure credits has run out last month and I now need to start the script again.
How and where do I start it manually?

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 08:02:37 AM

My Azure credits has run out last month and I now need to start the script again.
How and where do I start it manually?
Once your free credits run out azure will delete your pools. To restart you'll have to setup everything again, just follow the guide at https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency.html from the point where the creation of the pools is described.
Note that this only happens if you create too many nodes in your pool... if you set the number of nodes according to the table in my guide your azure-credits will last the whole month and it will just keep on running forever.
mk111

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:38:24 AM

Understood thanks

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 02:07:21 PM

So the "official" Sumo-team has decided to stop the rebranding to RYO and change the algo back to normal CN (i.e. support ASIC):
https://www.reddit.com/r/sumokoin/comments/8npdvf/official_announcement_hardfork_happening_update/
The algo-change is scheduled for monday (4th of June 2018).

If you are currently mining SUMO with my script, i advise you to switch to some other currency as soon as possible! Your miners won't be able to mine SUMO after monday!

If you don't mine SUMO (e.g. if you mine Monero), then you are not affected by this change and you don't have to change anything.
I am currently working on updating the scripts to the new situation (i won't support the old CN-algo, though... profitability just won't be worthwhile due to the asics).

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 07:58:43 PM

I have updated the scripts and the script-generator. Now there are 3 options on the site https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency_detailed.html:
  • Monero (CryptonightV7): Use this option for mining Monero. I will always update the scripts/xmr-stak so that there will be uninterrupted Monero-mining with this setting (updates are required because Monero is planning to keep on changing the PoW to fight off ASICs)
  • Generic CryptonightV7: Use this options for other CNv7-Coins. Or for multi-coin-pools like moneroocean.stream or miningpoolhub.com(?)
  • Generic Cryptonight-Heavy: Use this options for other CN-Heavy-Coins

Personally, right now i am trying out moneroocean.com (multi-coin for increased profitability) and LOKI (just to test the CN-Heavy-performance). I'll report my experience in a later post.

If you have a previously generated startup-script it will of course continue to work.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 05:14:14 PM

I have been mining with 10 VMs each at supportXMR and MoneroOcean. While after ca. 2 days MoneroOcean was ahead by almost 50%, by now (after 4 days) the difference has shrunk to around 15%:
  • supportXMR: 0.034 XMR
  • MoneroOcean: 0.039 XMR
MoneroOcean automatically switches to the cryptonight-coin with the highest profitability. The mined coins are then converted to XMR and payed to the miners (i.e. for the miners it works like a normal XMR-pool).

If you want to try MoneroOcean, you'll have to select the option "Generic CryptonightV7"-Option before creating the startup-script at  https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency_detailed.html.

Note that Monero is planning to do frequent PoW-changes to fight off the Asics - if you are mining at MoneroOcean an update of the startup-script might be required when the PoW changes (if you are mining at supportXMR it is guaranteed that the startup-script will keep on working even if the PoW changes).  

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with MoneroOcean in any way, i have just started trying it out for myself.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 07:51:45 PM

Update with the latest number from my supportXMR/MoneroOcean-comparision after around 10 days of mining:
  • supportXMR: 0.079 XMR
  • MoneroOcean: 0.084 XMR

My conclusion: using MoneroOcean seems to be in fact more profitable, but only very slightly. It's hard to say in how far other factors like pool-luck play a role here. Anyway, For now I'll keep mining at both pools.

vodafone228

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 11:44:51 PM

I have been mining with azure for 10 days, haven't received the ban hammer yet.  But they did limit my hashrate down to 10% speed, after just 30mins of mining.  
phamnhan

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:27:27 AM

Understood thanks

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 06:04:36 AM

I have been mining with azure for 10 days, haven't received the ban hammer yet.  But they did limit my hashrate down to 10% speed, after just 30mins of mining.  
I'm curious now... as far as i know azure has no way of throttling VMs. Are you sure that you selected the F2-type VM? Could you go to the azure-portal and there check the status-page of your azure-pool? Maybe your VMs where pre-empted (i.e. they are not running, but you won't get charged for them either). The VMs should go back online as soon as azure has free capacity again, but maybe something went wrong and your nodes somehow got stuck in the pre-empted state. Maybe you could try resetting your pool: set the number of low-prio-nodes to 0, click save (it will take a minute or so until the pool is actually sized to 0). Then you can again set you desired number of low-prio-nodes (e.g. 10 if you have an enterprise subscription).
vodafone228

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 12:11:48 PM

I'm curious now... as far as i know azure has no way of throttling VMs. Are you sure that you selected the F2-type VM? Could you go to the azure-portal and there check the status-page of your azure-pool? Maybe your VMs where pre-empted (i.e. they are not running, but you won't get charged for them either). The VMs should go back online as soon as azure has free capacity again, but maybe something went wrong and your nodes somehow got stuck in the pre-empted state. Maybe you could try resetting your pool: set the number of low-prio-nodes to 0, click save (it will take a minute or so until the pool is actually sized to 0). Then you can again set you desired number of low-prio-nodes (e.g. 10 if you have an enterprise subscription).

I have been connecting to the VM via putty 24/7 since I created them, together with the other 5 vms on other services provider, all of them are hashing.  I can see it is running but I might try restarting just to see.  None of them is throttling except the azure one and I am running " Standard F4s (4 vcpus, 8 GB memory) "

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 08:06:36 PM

I have been connecting to the VM via putty 24/7 since I created them, together with the other 5 vms on other services provider, all of them are hashing.  I can see it is running but I might try restarting just to see.  None of them is throttling except the azure one and I am running " Standard F4s (4 vcpus, 8 GB memory) "

That's very odd, because so far azure has never restricted their service to me, no matter how badly i abuse the VMs...
How do you know that the VM is throttled? From the stats on the mining-pool's dashboard? Or from the output of xmr-stak (periodic hashrate-report)? Or from the cpu-load indicated by top?
Maybe i can develop a workaround if you give me more information.

vodafone228

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 10:56:23 PM

That's very odd, because so far azure has never restricted their service to me, no matter how badly i abuse the VMs...
How do you know that the VM is throttled? From the stats on the mining-pool's dashboard? Or from the output of xmr-stak (periodic hashrate-report)? Or from the cpu-load indicated by top?
Maybe i can develop a workaround if you give me more information.

I am mining NIM with it,  I can see from their dashboard that I am still using 70-80% cpu.  But for the first 0.5 - 1 hour my hashrate was 3-4 kh/s and after that it dropped significantly to 0.35kh (from putty and pool report).  Another reason I think it is throttled is because my orcale vms are 1 core 7.5gb ram, and they are hashing from 3.5 to 7 khs.  I will restart now and take a closer look .
vodafone228

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 11:21:37 PM

I think I mixed up Tongue
Azure stopped my mining app after 1 hour, the reported low hashrate is from aws and I mixed up the two of them haha.  So it seems GCS and Oracle are the better ones I think, for miners.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: