Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:19:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin  (Read 4837 times)
kipo

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:46:56 PM

I don't think that it is the threat but according to expert opinions Ethereum has great potential as well. It is because of the smart blockchain system. I think that ether can win as well but btc is more popular today

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
50ouncebrew

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:54:58 PM

In the future maybe, but for now it does not look like ethereum is any type of threat to bitcoin. The price is still less than half of the price of bitcoin and the growth of ethereum still depends a lot on that of bitcoin so ethereum is not really much of a contender, just like a follower. Ethereum does have the potential to become a contender for the top spot if it keeps growing.

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███ 
   ▀▀ ▄ ▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀ ▄███▀ 
     ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀ ▄▄███▀   
       ▀▀████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄████▀▀       
           ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
  M A E S T R O         
REVOLUTIONIZING THE DIGITAL MUSIC WORLD

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

WHITEPAPER (KO)        WHITEPAPER (EN)     

TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK     TWITTER    ANN THREAD

MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   GITHUB   INSTAGRAM   KAKAOTALK
afaen

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:59:35 PM

how do i not believe in ETHEREUM? I believe, with a short time to have a favorable increase for the store. and seen ETHEREUM currently poses a threat to BITCOIN that is experiencing a detrimental downturn for depositors in 2017 downwards for sale today. I believe, love and hope ETHEREUM will be king in cryptocurrency.
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:01:24 PM

I dont think Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin because both coins have different platforms. And basically their goal is kind of the same but I dont think it is even trying to be a threat to bitcoin, based on its current price now.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:03:13 PM

They have different function in crypto so I would disagree. Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency in the world that revolutionize our financial industry and Ethereum is the first  Smart Contract that produce utility token.
I agree with you because both of them excel in their own fields and none is a threat to the other. I don't think there should be a competition between the two as both give a quality of life. But sometimes it can't be prevented to have a comparison and feedback between the two leading virtual currency in the global market, if which is better or more developed. In such manner what we can do is to support for their progress and treasure them as they exist for a reason.
blozo

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 04:09:53 PM

Both coins can coexist: Bitcoin as sort of digital gold/payment system and Ethereum as smart contract platform

pacho08

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:13:34 PM

Ethereum's particular blockchain technology means that the currency is more naturally resilient to cyberattacks.
Bitcoin slipped 8.71 percent to $14,769.4, at 14:35, in London, after hitting a high of $17,005 on Saturday, according to CoinDesk.
Ethereum fell 5.16 percent to $1,089.31 at 14:36 after reaching a record high of 1.226.93 earlier on Monday.
coinbitw

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:52:51 PM

No it doesn't to be. It just etherium is in rank 2 but the value compared to rank 1 which is bitcoin is too far from it and takes 10 years or more. Also bitcoin is most widely known as one named cryptocurrency/coin.
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:51:42 PM

They have different function in crypto so I would disagree. Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency in the world that revolutionize our financial industry and Ethereum is the first  Smart Contract that produce utility token.
I agree with you because both of them excel in their own fields and none is a threat to the other. I don't think there should be a competition between the two as both give a quality of life. But sometimes it can't be prevented to have a comparison and feedback between the two leading virtual currency in the global market, if which is better or more developed. In such manner what we can do is to support for their progress and treasure them as they exist for a reason.
Comparing the two of the most popular cryptocurrency is just a sign that both have great potential and have a higher and longer way to go towards success. I don't see any competition between the two because they deliver a good performance in their own ways. Bitcoin should not be threatened with ethereum or the other way around, let's just be grateful of what they have contributed and hope for the triumph of both.
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:16:55 AM

I only see ethereum as a viable alternative to bitcoin rather than being a threat, ETH can never dislodge BTC because there are so many reasons why btc remain the first and the most popular crypto in fact price wise ETH can never catch up with btc based on market cap and volumes of its market.
Awan Awan

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:23:31 AM

The biggest threat to Bitcoin comes from its own deficiencies and not from any of the alts. The scaling issue is not yet resolved. And we don't know when it will resurface once again. I haven't quite forgotten what happened in December 2017. Users were paying up to $50 for just one transaction.

But this is no longer an issue. Bitcoin transaction fees were never above $3 since the end of February 2018. Right now you can pay around $1 for an average size transaction for it to be confirmed within an hour and sometimes it's only $0.25 these days. And that's not because we have much less transactions now than we we had in December 2017 - January 2018. The number of transactions per day was fluctuating between 230k and 450k back then, and now, April - May 2018, it is between 150k and 250k.
I am so confusing about this whether i must be happy that we have lower fee or not.
With the lower the all of us will be very happy because we can send bitcoin in low fee. But other side, the transaction become not traffic in bitcoin. What is that meaning? That means the popularity of bitcoin or bitcoin user getting weaker. Its big problem. Actually we need good high traffic with fast and lower fee.
newcollegestar

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:24:51 AM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
Ok.I do agree that eth is the competitor of btc. Price or value and popularity if btc are still higher than eth but investmrnt return, eth is higher and investors are more interested in eth than btc.
I don’t think so that anyone who has some fair idea of the crypto market will ever support this argument as there is no possible way that ETH can even compete with the bitcoin. Bitcoin is far ahead than that of the ETH and that no matter how worst the market situation of bitcoin will be, it will still be far ahead than any other crypto coin in the world as bitcoin is the king of all the crypto coins and will always remain the top-rated coin.
kim_min888

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:27:37 AM

Ethereum is one of the promising coins in the market today so I think it is a threat to Bitcoin because it has a better blockchain and also have a good system and that's the qualities you will check if you want to invest on a specific coin. We know Bitcoin is the foundation of all altcoins and still the king of the crypto currency world but when you see how well ethereum moves in the market today and how fast the coin developed in the past years, you will possible think it have a huge chance of surpassing Bitcoin in the near future.
mariaozawa

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:27:29 AM

After I observed the ethereum process very briefly, to prove that ethereum must be known in the crypto world. And if we look at Bitcoin, the king of cryptocurrency is now experiencing a very detrimental decline to keep it now. In the case of decreased bitcoin and increased ethereum, I believe ethereum could replace the cryptocurrency king. We can melihan the process that will come.
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:01:29 AM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

What's NBA compared to crypto? Really, Ben Simmons is the prince in NBA? Grin
Comparing Ben Simmons to ethereum is garbage. Ethereum is nearing the capitalization of bitcoin and it has real influence on companies and people compared to bitcoin. Simmons is not even a fourth on James level of playing. Basides, Simmons is not even in the top 10 players in the NBA. Cheesy
Both are very valuable, yet each plays a different role and are unique on its own identity. I don't think ethereum is a threat because Bitcoin has already a large edge, and ethereum has special offers and provides best opportunities as well. Ethereum is also a most well-established decentralized software that enables Smart Contracts and Distributed Applications to run without any downtime, while bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency. We should learn to maintain an environment that plays healthy competion, because our real competitors are ourselves, same thing goes with cryptocurrency.
ETH is no doubt gaining the attention of so many of the investors and that the demand of ETH is also increasing but none of these things effect the reputation of the bitcoin in anyway because ETH is not this much capable to compete with that of the bitcoin in anyway. Bitcoin is the most favorite coin and that it is useless to compare any other coin with that of the bitcoin as bitcoin is matchless.
Meycell

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:05:38 AM

They are both attacking different parts of the market. So I would disagree.

This is definitely a good observation but I would advise you to keep in mind the world is rarely that black and white.  The sets of functionality each posses are not disjoint! 

They attack different parts of the market AND they attack some of the same parts.  This makes them compete AND not compete. 

Keep in mind dialectics.
Ethereum may be so rapidly developed that the price is rising rapidly. with its development is able to bring this Ethereum become Altcoin mainstay that can make its future much better and profitable. and for that Ethereum remains an established Altcoin but does not threaten the position of Bitcoin itself.
GizmoCoinTEAM

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:06:43 AM

I don't believe ethereum is a threat to the bitcoin. Bitcoin is a legend, the base of all the crypto comen you know. Ethereum already proved it is a very good coin with unique contract system, and it is capable to be the next big coin after bitcoin. Both are a complete crypto coin, and both are the bless for the crypto industry. I don't agree with your observation that eth is a threat for bitcoin. Thank You
amaterazu

Activity: 407
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:08:39 AM

I don't think so because I see both of them are in different targets for markets. Peoples tend to invest in both of them since both of them are promising. I think that they are supporting one to another.

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
Marsyam

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:09:01 AM

Personally, I think, Ethereum and bitcoin is a good investment and I think after a few years it will probably increase the price very high. So it is better to buy Ethereum and bitcoin now and hold it for several years and you will get many benefits. The greatest threat to Bitcoin remains Bitcoin itself, with the continued creep of government regulations and ongoing financial crime tags that drive market behavior.

Herry toer

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:12:04 AM

I think ethereum is the toughest competitor Bitcoin in the future, ethereum development is very good and keep on increasing but if want to beat Bitcoin I think it still takes a very long time because now the price is still very far away.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: