Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:02:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin  (Read 4837 times)
LickKing

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:32:10 PM

From Ethereum’s perspective on sales, Ethereum’s technology allows people to do more complex business with shared and decentralized thinking. So I think the future use of Ethereum will exceed Bitcoin!

adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:36:11 PM

There is no doubt that ETH has reached great heights and rightfully takes 2nd place, among all the crypto currency, but we do not know what will happen ahead, and what coin can replace bitcoin. Although I very much doubt that this can happen.

Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:38:00 PM

Nice NBA reference. And i agree with you, Ethereum definitely has the potential to overtake bitcoin.

It's actually no longer a matter of IF, but rather WHEN it will happen. People usually refer to this shift from Bitcoin to Ethereum as an event called "The Flippening." People have even gone as far as to create a flippening tracker. Check it out at flippening.watch

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
vatican_shadow

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:50:45 PM

My opinion of the etherium does not threaten bitcoin, bitcoin will always be number one!
profit-shooter

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:56:47 PM

I would not use the word "thread", but in general, this is the truth that Ethereum is a very powerful cryptocurrency and at some stage, it must overcome Bitcoin in price and grow high. I recommend to hold Ethereum for several years and it can really make you rich if you have at least one ethereum in your funds.
FillJaS

Activity: 156
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:21:45 PM

I think that bitcoin and etherium will share the first place among themselves.
These are different projects and they both need the market.
Bitcoin and the etherium have strong support for the community and horde capital.
Perhaps it will change with time, but today it is so.
MrZ28s

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:07:03 AM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

What's NBA compared to crypto? Really, Ben Simmons is the prince in NBA? Grin
Comparing Ben Simmons to ethereum is garbage. Ethereum is nearing the capitalization of bitcoin and it has real influence on companies and people compared to bitcoin. Simmons is not even a fourth on James level of playing. Basides, Simmons is not even in the top 10 players in the NBA. Cheesy
Azzam Khalif

Merit: 1

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:24:46 AM

They are both attacking different parts of the market. So I would disagree.

This is definitely a good observation but I would advise you to keep in mind the world is rarely that black and white.  The sets of functionality each posses are not disjoint! 

They attack different parts of the market AND they attack some of the same parts.  This makes them compete AND not compete. 

Keep in mind dialectics.
to be a threat to Bitcoin would not be as easy as turning a hand. because Bitcoin is a coin with an ever-increasing development. so to be a threat Bitcoin is required to continue to be a coin that is so strong and has a development that is above Bitcoin. while for Ethereum is still under Bitcoin. so it has not been able to become a threat of Bitcoin.

▰▰▰▰▰   REDCAB   ▰▰▰▰▰
DECENTRALIZED TRANSPORTATION SOLUTION
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:29:15 AM

bitcoin is a successful investment product with a very high price and alternatively people collect altcoin to fill their wallets so I think both will grow together and have both will be very profitable

Dark_raven007

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 05:41:30 AM

If bitcoin is king, and Ethereum is prince, then in history there are not a few cases that a young and strong captures the throne. It depends on how much the king is wise and experienced.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:44:27 PM

They have different function in crypto so I would disagree. Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency in the world that revolutionize our financial industry and Ethereum is the first  Smart Contract that produce utility token.
esakovv

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

🤖UBEX.COM

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:46:31 PM

I think that both bitcoin and etherium will develop well, and both will be successful this year.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:56:37 PM

I would not mark your words! Remember we are in cryptocurrency and not in NBA. There is no renewal of contract, no water boy, no guards that can prevent the possible craziness of the fans.  crypto is very different approach than NBA.
Different purpose of ethereum and bitcoin so I won't worry. I respect your opinion, so you too should respect.  Cheesy

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
kristensoto

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:58:12 PM

Bitcoin is king and Ethereum is the queen of the cryptocurrency market, they are always competing against each other. I believe that in the future both will grow strong and have high value. Ethereum has blockchain technology, it is popular throughout the world, many ICO projects are built on the basis of ERC20, every day this altcoin has a large trading volume, showing the potential of Ethereum is excellent. In the future maybe Ethereum will beat Bitcoin. Currently Ethereum is priced at $ 573, if we want to make a profit in the future then this is a good time to buy Ethereum. Maybe this year Ethereum will reach $ 2000 and stabilize around this price.

ForTheAzerot

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:10:15 PM

Time will tell, perhaps when ETH can take the top 1 in the world of crypto-currencies. But very much it is hard to believe

ericmalik

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:18:52 PM

i disagree with you because both of them are for invest and each of them has a different purpose and way.

efey39

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:24:27 PM

In the world of ethereum crypto currencies, investors mostly prefer coin. grows day by day. I think the price of ethereum will increase in the future and it will be a threat to bitcoin.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:40:55 PM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

What's NBA compared to crypto? Really, Ben Simmons is the prince in NBA? Grin
Comparing Ben Simmons to ethereum is garbage. Ethereum is nearing the capitalization of bitcoin and it has real influence on companies and people compared to bitcoin. Simmons is not even a fourth on James level of playing. Basides, Simmons is not even in the top 10 players in the NBA. Cheesy
Both are very valuable, yet each plays a different role and are unique on its own identity. I don't think ethereum is a threat because Bitcoin has already a large edge, and ethereum has special offers and provides best opportunities as well. Ethereum is also a most well-established decentralized software that enables Smart Contracts and Distributed Applications to run without any downtime, while bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency. We should learn to maintain an environment that plays healthy competion, because our real competitors are ourselves, same thing goes with cryptocurrency.
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:45:24 PM

Not really..for they are two different coins with unique individual value, bitcoin will always be bitcoin and is the first and foremost bitcoin of all bitcoin, on the other hand ethereum as some may say that has great potential to grow and bloomed and can promised great profit given in a chance it will become big and great.

panaevewan

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:46:44 PM

Ethereum is good, of course. But your comparison is a little off. LeBron was a rising star. And bitcoin is considered a Bedouin, who decided to make a discovery to the world. He will be remembered as well as Einstein and Tesla.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: