Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:12:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin  (Read 4840 times)
kakaword

Activity: 142
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:45:05 AM

Yes, I agree with your point of view. Now Ethereum is one of the most valuable currencies on the market, and it will have even greater potential for growth in the future. At present, many projects are traded through Ethereum. It has a large amount of transaction, which also makes it better in the future.
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:48:02 AM

I think it is too excessive if ethereum becomes one of the threats to bitcoin, now the value of ethreum is far below the bitcoin. but ethereum if it has a rapid and significant price increase can be a warning for bitcoin but it takes a long time and can not be fast.
snapee11

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:48:21 AM

Yes we can really see it. ETH is gaining gradually but this could take atleast 15 years to overtake the BTC.
maichimoto

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:53:09 AM

ethereum is different than bitcoin, I don't think they're direct competitors. Ethereum is a smart contract platform using ethers as a fuel for the network, while bitcoin is only a currency.
antifraud01

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:59:13 AM

Aether really is a very good project, last year's market is driven by the ether. This year's eos is also very good, but it still can not reach the status of Ethereum. So keep an eye on the ether.
filipeandre

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:00:04 AM

They serve completely different purposes. It's gonna be a long time until someone takes btc from the throne, if ever
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:07:37 AM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
Everything can be a threat for bitcoin actually but since ethereum fall down next to btc then it is the biggest threat for it. But to be honest, $9000k+ v.s. $600+? I don't think btc should be bothered at all because there's a lot of gap between them and that's a great advantage.

Anyway, I still do believe that there's a chance somehow for eth to equalize or even overcome btc but for me "couple" of years is not enough.

Ps: I barely disagree that Lebron is the king of NBA. Jordan is still the best Smiley)
lizaangel321

Activity: 560
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:32:32 AM

I think that the ether is threatening bitcoin, the ether will soon be much more stable bitcoin
Reena28

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:36:57 AM

that idea can be true.. because the price of Ethereum can be going up in this year. Bitcoin may be one option for people who start investing,
and in Ethereum can see another increase
vmklq

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:43:06 AM

In terms of market value, Bitcoin, which exceeds US$10 billion, is still the leader, and even Ethereum, which ranks second, is far behind. However, considering comprehensively, Ethereum is not only a digital currency, but also a diversified development platform. It is also a programming language that runs on the blockchain and can help developers build and distribute distributed applications. A large number of enterprise organizations Both have cooperated with Ethereum.

So it seems that the gap between Bitcoin and Ethereum is not as big as it seems, and since Vitalik Buterin, the founder of Ethereum, first talked about the Ethereum technology at the North American Bitcoin Conference in early 2014, people began to continuously For comparison, what are the development prospects for Bitcoin and Ethereum in the coming 2017 and the next 5-10 years?
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:49:27 AM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
Nice connection.  But I think in a cryptomarket instead of thinking that ethereum is a threat to bitcoin, it is better to think that ether is bitcoin's partner to promote cryptocurrency in masses.  With the presence of ethereum in the market, it gives a variety of tokens which add menus to choose from by the investors.  Meaning, it does not only work for rapid information dissemination but also creates a much healthier ecosystem in the crypto world. It also provides a challenge to bitcoin and altcoin to improve their both features for more advancement of technology that will surely benefit us.  

Yes, it is the reality that there is competition between the two but we should think positively about this "competition".  
hsdjdyt

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:38:20 AM

Ethereum and Bitcoin have no direct competition and their goals are different. Bitcoin is more inclined to pay, but it is undeniable that Ethereum will be one of the best cryptocurrencies on the market.
thanhly0760

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:51:13 PM

It seems to me that the ether is no less promoted than bitcoin. Especially it becomes popular when the bitcoin network is overloaded and everything hangs.
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:08:08 PM

Not really because these two despite being the biggest projects and coins currently, have different purposes and different goals that they are trying to achieve. They are not competing and they both have enough investors in their respective projects and field to keep them at the top. There might be a bit of competition between these two coins but it is not a 'one trying to kill off the other competition'.

sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:11:57 PM

Currently ETH is undergoing many development changes like bug issues in smart contracts,scalability,once these issues finalized then surely ETH would become very strong but its not threat to BTC at all right now.In future if ETH comes out with something unique,revolutionary having superiority over BTC then it can prove threat to BTC,its possible not impossible.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
money4nthing

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:31:27 PM

It's possible some crypto will overcome bitcoin some day, but I doubt it will be eth - it gained its share in 2017 because everybody started creating erc-20 coins and their management required eth, now the most popular coins are switching to their own blockchains and many of them are ready to substitute eth as shitcoins factory, so share of eth can be even washed out.
To overcome BTC an altcoin will have to repeat what eth did - takeover (or create a new one) huge market, but grow faster or somehow protect itself from competitors for longer period of time
Or BTC can loose its golden status due to some circumstances, for example when a lot of whales will decide to switch to another coin and will be able to prove the rest of community to do it (Like Ver tried to do)
spaso_87

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:58:20 AM

maybe with the  news if Ethereum become a bitcoin threat that I think it is because then you can invest in bitcoin with long-term especially now that Ethereum has rapid growth hence many people say if ETH become a threat of BTC and that is impossible because of Bitcoin king from cryptocurrency

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:13:27 AM

It doesn’t seems to me that Ethereum is a threat to Bitcoin at least for now. I agree that Ethereum is more advanced and more functional than Bitcoin. But BTC is very popular, it occupy a half of the market.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:17:53 AM

Not really because these two despite being the biggest projects and coins currently, have different purposes and different goals that they are trying to achieve. They are not competing and they both have enough investors in their respective projects and field to keep them at the top. There might be a bit of competition between these two coins but it is not a 'one trying to kill off the other competition'.
Many users are on claims a threat or can win against bitcoin. I am with you both has it's own functions in crypto world and I don't see the point that ethereum a threat to bitcoin. Instead, ethereum is one of the biggest good investment and good to use in crypto world.
LEINADbtc

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:23:11 AM

Yea. But Bitcoin and Ethereum are coins that will last forever.
They will both be on top.
Maybe some day ETH will pass BTC, but that doesn't mean that BTC will fall.

——< Datecoin | The fastest successful match. The hottest ICO ever. >——
ANN | Medium | Twitter Facebook | LinkdedIn | Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: