Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:55:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin  (Read 4837 times)
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:45:40 PM

I disagree. Ethereum does not pose a threat to the leadership of bitcoin. They are now performing completely different functions and their interests are almost non-intersecting. In addition, the price of ethereum is more than a tenth of bitcoin, this coin in price is almost completely dependent on the price of bitcoin, so he has nothing to fear from ethereum.

dimb

Activity: 630
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:53:02 PM

Although to some extent both currencies are competing, Bitcoin and Ethereum do not pose a direct threat to each other.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:41:55 PM

Bitcoin is the king of crypto currency and for me no altcoin can beat it but I won't deny that ETH is really a threat to btc although i'm confident because of their big gap in price. Too many years before eth can dethrone or maybe not, even once. No one knows.
There will be no other coins and ethereum when there is no bitcoin in the first place. Ethereum cannot be a threat to bitcoin because they have different usage and both are most popular to investors and strive to get that can sell in the market. There are huge difference on their price where can take how many years for ethereum before it meet the price of bitcoin have now.

BITSPANISH

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:46:28 PM

In essence, BTC and ETH are two entirely different cryptos regarding technology as well as the form of operation. It can be seen in the current market that these two cryptos are having an enormous impact on the remaining crypto on the market. Therefore, it can not be said that ETH is a potential threat to Bitcoin. IMO, I find the growing ETH the BTC is more profitable, and this market will grow more and more.

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:51:03 PM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
it is hard to say that Ethereum is a treat to Bitcoin.
because bitcoin is our main coin many people are investing at bitcoin.
Ethereum is Just use by Many ICO by Ethereum Base token.
it has a possibility that Ethereum can reach BTC price .
but still Bitcoin is number 1.

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:55:14 PM

I don't think so that ethereum is a threat for the bitcoin. We saw that when bitcoin has down that time all altcoins and ethereum downed too. Ethreum has a big platform, Smart contract, Many ICOs are coming based on Ethereum Contract address system but it doesn't prove that ethereum is threatening to the bitcoin. Bitcoin is the base of the cryptocurrency. So, I can't agree with your opinion. Thank You

Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:58:56 PM

Absolutely, there is no such way of becoming a threat to bitcoin. That two coins Eth and Btc are giving the name of crypto and bringing it worldwide, they have different platform and  there is no way of competing each others.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:17:58 AM

Ethereum was never a threat to bitcoin, both can co-exist simultaneously, it is just like back when we are using precious metals, bitcoin is considered gold and ethereum is silver, and if ethereum did became a threat to bitcoin, should be seeing the whole community divided, on which cryptocurrency is to be used, not only that, there are a lot of coins, and even the devs doesn't concern if they will become a thraet to bitcoin or will replace bitcoin, since the community's focus is the devs focus as well, and that is for the project, the only threat I see for bitcoin are the FUDs, but bitcoin still prevails.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:21:20 AM

Ethereum was never a threat to bitcoin, both can co-exist simultaneously, it is just like back when we are using precious metals, bitcoin is considered gold and ethereum is silver, and if ethereum did became a threat to bitcoin, should be seeing the whole community divided, on which cryptocurrency is to be used, not only that, there are a lot of coins, and even the devs doesn't concern if they will become a thraet to bitcoin or will replace bitcoin, since the community's focus is the devs focus as well, and that is for the project, the only threat I see for bitcoin are the FUDs, but bitcoin still prevails.
yes for me, I see it as a threat to the bitcoin. we know that the ethereum is made in the date of july 2015. it's been only a 3 years but the reliability and isability of the ethereum are good enough to match in the bitcoin. I am sure that the others will just have wait to price till it boom and if that happens more investors in ethereum will come
diytho

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:10:31 AM

I think ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin but ethereum is a complement of the bitcoin. bitcoin will always be in place of the king of all coins. ethereum is a threat to other coins, if for bitcoin is not a threat.
mendra_2009

Activity: 429

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:17:29 AM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
Yes. I agree to this opinion. In term of investment gains, eth is much bigger the bitcoin. But it must accepted that bitcoin popularity is still higher. People outside there know bitcoin more than eth. Bitcoin price is still the main factor affecting price move of other coins. In the near future, eth will compete with bitcoin as investment instrument because its price is still much cheaper than bitcoin.

Scambusterz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:44:36 AM

In fact, I think that bitcoin and etherium are designed for different purposes, and therefore there should not be much competition between them. Competition can arise only in terms of investment.
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:09:38 AM

I strongly disagree, it does not posses any threat to bitcoinBTC because they are on a different level of attainment such as price, purpose and exposure in the market as well. bitcoinBTC, the first cryptocurrency, was born 10 years back in 2008. It introduced a novel idea by the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto: Bitcoin offers the promise of lower transaction fees than traditional online payment mechanisms and is operated by a decentralized authority, unlike government issued currencies while Ether is used broadly for two purposes: it is traded as a digital currency exchange like other cryptocurrencies and is used inside Ethereum to run applications and even to monetize work. See their difference.
brio18

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:12:11 AM

Why should it be a threat? whether with progress ethereum bitcoin will die`? I think not both will remain popular in the crypto world.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:21:26 AM

In fact, I think that bitcoin and etherium are designed for different purposes, and therefore there should not be much competition between them. Competition can arise only in terms of investment.
In some points, yes ETH was designed differently with the way OP's example I disagree with that point simmon can't replace lebron as lebron can't replace mj, this two coins have big edge from success that they've already gain inside crypto industries, but bitcoin got a larger margin and it will take another success before ETH or other alts to dethrone what we called the king inside crypto business.
benjamin11

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:21:51 AM

I cant say that ethereum is a threat to bitcoin because they have different purpose and uses. Although they are both crypto, they work differently. In terms of price or value per coin, clearly ethereum performs well in the market but bitcoin is the coin that started it all. Ethereum might dethrone bitcoin in terms of value but it might take time for eth to do that.
papaka

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:24:25 AM

I believe in the spectacular overthrow of eth before btc  Cool
kere hore

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:13:45 AM

maybe so because bitcoin is still down and the price of EThereum continues to rise because a few weeks ago Ethereum growth is very fast and for threats can also happen because bitcoin still fluctuate
emmanmalaman

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:24:25 AM

Ethereum may be a threat to Bitcoin in terms of usage of decentralized applications with its smart contracts and tokens but Bitcoin will always stay because it's the first cryptocurrency with around 30-40% dominance in Coin Market Cap. Ethereum is just used by traders, ICOs, and used as gas fees but Bitcoin is just in its infancy in terms of being a payment system. Ethereum will soon become the norm for decentralized applications because other platforms such as Stellar, Neo, Waves, and the likes are just getting a few applications under their name.
cikey

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:28:22 AM

I think they are different coins, so there is no so-called threat.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: