Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:01:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin  (Read 4840 times)
Casmiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:31:32 AM

I do not agree with your statement. I think anyway Bitcoin will remain the legend of crypto. Ethereum may indeed have more sophisticated technology. But it can never replace Bitcoin.
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:31:48 AM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

This is might really happen even though they both have different purpose or different usage, bitcoin still can be shaken by ethereum. Since cryptocurrency lately is considered as an investment, investors didn't even actually use it the way they should be but they see it as a investment that will increase it's price in the future.
Manc89

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:33:03 AM

I do not think so, and I do not even want to think so, because I think that in this case it's not worth talking about bitcoin at all. Because eth is certainly a very famous project, which today has a lot of good shades for the crypto currency market, but in the end I do not think that it can threaten bitcoin.
Well, i agree what you say above and i am thinking bitcoin is still on the top of every crypto.
I think etherium has everything that can defeat bitcoin but i dont even want etherium to do so. I prefer is number second and i like both.
jennerpower

Activity: 255
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:34:24 AM

Definitely not but it may be possible since the market price is unpredictable. My observation was every time ETH price go up the same happening to BTC it may be connected but it was always happening even when the price is soaring, they soar together. BTC will always be on top and I think it can't be surpassed.

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:34:42 AM

Lol STFU Ethfags
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:34:55 AM

I also wait for that moment to happen, where Ethereum can be TOP 1 Cryptocurrency,
but i do not want to forget the bitcoin just like that,
blockchain is brought to Bitcoin, and that means Ethereum exists because of Bitcoin as well
I still respect and always there in addition to BTC, as well as ETH

shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 03:38:17 AM

Bitcoin will remain king for long time and i disagree with your sentence " Ethereum a threat to bitcoin" If ethereum will strong Bitcoin will more strong so it is good for crypto world that these two coins are in very strong position.

STIKS1911

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:43:41 AM

On the one hand, I agree with you. But most people who only recently learned about crypto currency, first of all learned about bitcoin. Bitcoin is a legend. People, first of all believe in it. And if something happens to Bitcoin, then it can undermine people's confidence in the whole of the crypto currency.

Coinseeker22

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:44:41 AM

Good analysis and comparison, But i have to respectfully disagree. If your really keen and would backtrack you could’ve atleast compre the difference and use of both currencies, instead of comparing it to NBA which I doubt is close to the topic. On a positive note I would like to share that Bitcoin have gone through a lot and still holds the number one spot. On the other hand Ethereum showed us a good potential last year and continues to grow. Dont get me wrong im bullish for both coins but you cannot really compare them. And to determine whose number or the best from both is difficult as you have to establish points of comparison.

--- WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
childish

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:02:10 AM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
I think Ethereum is an Altcoin who keeps trying hard to overtake and overtake Bitcoin. so Ethereum is able to develop more rapidly from year to year to take over Bitcoin. so some people consider that Ethereum is a threat to Bitcoin. but in my opinion, this is just Ethereum's effort to improve its development.

sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 620

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:05:18 AM

There's no threat to bitcoin if there is then those are the people who keep on sharing their thoughts and bad ideas about bitcoin.

There's no other coin so far that I see that can be a competitor to bitcoin. All of them are the same and they are altcoins so distinguishing it from the original one, bitcoin is the best.

Lol STFU Ethfags
Don't be too harsh mate.

Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:08:26 AM

I still believe that bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency markets.
Although ETH has achieved great success, I think ETH's bubble is very big, because the rise of ETH is due to the popularity of ICO market.

nicolebtccrypto

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:10:33 AM

If you are using a term like NBA then I would disagree. Eventhough ethereum was next to bitcoin, from the word "next" we cant deny that its just a lower than bitcoin. Its just like an NBA, eventhough simmons become the prince of NBA, he cant defeat the King which is Lebron. He cant dethroned lebron as long as Lebron is still alive.
LastJedi

Activity: 182
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:12:10 AM

It is a strange analogy you have got there for the two top cryptocurrency at the present time.
They can co exist and have been for nearly two years now.
So what makes you think one will dethrone the other or even needs too the way your comparisons went like the eastern conference finals for the NBA. Cheesy

Bitmore

Activity: 413

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:13:28 AM

I really like Ethereum it is popular and has good capitalization, but bitcoin is the first and most famous among ordinary people) Ethereum should try very hard if he wants to be the first

Augustyusuf

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:15:47 AM

i think all coin and token are compete to each other, so maybe thats true etherium was a threat for bitcoin, but its natural, all altcoin was threat to each other. Grin

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
Restu Siregar

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:20:25 AM

Before Ethereum was present, there was Bitcoin. Bitcoin, since its inception in 2009, has been hailed as the most radical development in cryptocurrency. On March 2, 2017, and for the first time in history, the value of this digital asset rose above the price of gold.

Ethereum is not made to compete with Bitcoin. For the most part, Ethereum is a Blockchain-based decentralized platform for applications that run smart contracts, and is intended to solve problems related to censorship, fraud and third-party intrusions. Ethereum, also known as 'gas', entered as an essential element to operate a distributed application platform.
trolltalk

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:30:19 AM

Nope Ethereum cannot overtake bitcoin even other altcoins maybe it takes too long for ethereum to at least stick to the price of bitcoin. I think if bitcoin did not exist probably other altcoins are also dont have existence.
Jonesdoo

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:54:47 AM

Yes, the current market Ethereum has a very big development prospect, so I think Ethereum is likely to surpass Bitcoin in the future, but the market value of Bitcoin is very high, and it is very high reputation, so I think It is very difficult to go beyond it, but still hope that Ethereum can surpass Bitcoin.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:24:31 AM

Bitcoin is the king of crypto currency and for me no altcoin can beat it but I won't deny that ETH is really a threat to btc although i'm confident because of their big gap in price. Too many years before eth can dethrone or maybe not, even once. No one knows.
Obviously no altcoin is going to be beating it and that edge is what bitcoin is going to keep having as long as nothing is changed in its protocol and it remains as established as it gets even the more. ETH is not a threat at all to bitcoin and even the OP could not even come up with anything tangible as every reason he gave was just whacked.

A lot of people just say what they feel like without really digging deep to see how it is not so easy for an inflationary protocol to surpass a deflationary protocol. Also, bitcoin is so established to the core that it would make it hard for any alt to just displace it that easily with the level of community support.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: