Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:05:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin  (Read 4837 times)
sykhang079

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:16:10 AM

I still believe that bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency markets.
Although ETH has achieved great success, I think ETH's bubble is very big, because the rise of ETH is due to the popularity of ICO market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hung.pham100

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:18:04 PM

I would not mark your words! Remember we are in cryptocurrency and not in NBA. There is no renewal of contract, no water boy, no guards that can prevent the possible craziness of the fans.  crypto is very different approach than NBA.
sykhang079

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:40:18 AM

Ethereum is still a very young coin and it has a very great potential for development in the future. And even if the Ethereum surpasses bitcoin by capitalization, nothing will change in the cryptocurrency market.
Masyudhi

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:14:10 AM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
yes maybe you say there is a point too. but I see the accuracy is very small because the value of bitcoin is very high. however, bitcoin is the mother of all altcoin and is a role model for all altcoin. all still believe in its development in the future. I think Ethereum will only approach the bitcoin price on the market and can not replace it.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
hcoin01

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:02:49 AM

Ethereum and bitcoin are the most valuable coins in the crypto money world. It is diversity that enriches the crypto world.
I made a large part of my investments in Ethereum. Ethereum and Bitcoin are independent tokens.
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:25:33 AM

At the moment I think ethereum does not bring a big threat to Bitcoin, but if you look two or three years down the line, that's possible. I think Bitcoin will still be a crypto legend. Ethereum may indeed have more sophisticated technology. ETH has advantages such as the ability to provide an operating system for the next generation of decentralized Internet. ETH in the past year has grown a higher percentage of about 4,000% compared with bitcoin which is only 600%. These data show how ETH has become a fast-growing altcoin in the crypto market. But still for now the bitcoin is unbeatable.
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:29:39 AM

Although Ethereum has a very good user base in the token market, it now faces many competitors. The 3.0 blockchain may cause Ethereum to face difficulties.
Ethereum is can still be developed further even surpass 3.0 blockchain there's basically nothing to worry. Although from my opinion the 3.0 blockchain didnt really that hyped maybe people still sticking to Ethereum because it's
already well known and tested by so many people. If the blockchain can be developed further more, Ethereum also can.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Rubel23

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:33:32 AM

I don't think ethereum is a kind of threat to bitcoin.If you look on the price,Ethereum is way behind than bitcoin.Bitcoin gained so much popularity from most people and especially from the crypto traders.As time will fly,both coins price wil also increase. So don't think ETH can take over bitcoin as bitcoin is always the legend of crypto.
Blackpanther399

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:47:04 AM

It may look like Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin but I do not think Ethereum is trying to over take or take bitcoins place. But there is a great possibility it might go over beyond bitcoin in the far future if things really work out with this coin. I sincerely like etherum
Zack Lee

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:15:05 AM

I think it's impossible because what I know at this time Ethereum is declining by itself while Bitcoin is still declining, and I know if bitcoin price decreases Ethereum price will go up and meanwhile if Ethereum price decrease Bitcoin price will go up so from that price I know BTC and ETH are opposite
Dodongbtc111

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:17:20 AM

I think that Ethereum  is not a threat to bitcoin. We know that a good market  does have a good competition. This way a product could be tested through it. Maybe this coins can co exist to each other.
Chikeokafor888

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:17:32 AM

Not really because these two despite being the biggest projects and coins currently, have different purposes and different goals that they are trying to achieve. They are not competing and they both have enough investors in their respective projects and field to keep them at the top. There might be a bit of competition between these two coins but it is not a 'one trying to kill off the other competition'.
aalborg

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:20:27 AM

Ethereum is definitely that coin that will take the first place and will reign for quite a long time. Therefore, whoever has an ethereum hold and do not fold for thousands of dollars. Understand one thing that bitcoin too long ago was worth just what kind of dollars, and now it's a fortune. You need to turn on the cold head and forget about ethereum for a while. A lot of experts are just waiting for the global growth of ETH.
atorle

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 08:26:59 AM

They both cover and lead different segments, Ethereum covering the Smart contract and ICO stuffs while bitcoin is primary for payments and as an asset storage class. ETH has some notable competitors like NEO,.Further growth in adopting in cryptos in general will see bitcoin as being part of our daily lives, that can take prices really astronomically.
godspree

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:40:10 AM

No,I don't think so. Ethereum and Bitcoin are on different platforms, they have different functions, they are  used in different cases and for different purposes.
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:53:53 AM

I do not think it is a threat, in the contrary, I think they exist together. Of course ETH has more potential to get you more as its marketcap is smaller, but as the price of BTC increases, so will ETH's price.
Saraki Goo

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:17:54 AM

We know today's BTC and ETH are the potential currency and people have faith in this two coins. Ethereum is still a very young coin and it has a very great potential for development in the future. And even if the Ethereum surpasses bitcoin by capitalization, nothing will change in the cryptocurrency market.
mario00

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:18:24 AM

I believe that ethereum is a threat to bitcoin. Even if it does not seem so now because bitcoin still has a wide margin with which it surpasses ethereum but if ethereum keeps growing at the rate that it is now and bitcoin remains stagnant then it will not be very long before ethereum overtakes bitcoin as the number one
roborttyler

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:20:29 AM

I think Ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin as it performs very different functions.  The Ethereum crypto currency has a different set of characteristics by which it needs to be evaluated. The future of the Ether depends on the speed of development of its competitors, such as Cardano, and the success of the startups already started on its platform. But, in comparison with bitcoin and other altcoyins, Ether has one advantage. Demand for it is constantly supported, thanks to a number of ICOs selling their tokens based on the ERC20 protocol, which can only be purchased for the Ether.
swam1alyona

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:20:59 AM

Hardly bitcoin who threatens, especially since eyherium and bitcoin work on different platforms!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: