Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin  (Read 4837 times)
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

💲

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:25:48 PM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

I really do not think that ethereum is threat to bitcoin. Hell I think noother coin is a real threat to bitcoin. Even the best altcoins will never be as popular as the main cryptocurrency in the market. Bitcoin has the advantage, and I think it is too late for any altcoins to ever think to grow as much as it. It is the widely known crypto at the moment and will probably be forever. Ethereum, moreover, has another target in the crypto space: smart contracts. Where bitcoin instead just wants to be a stir of value, a risky investment platform or a currency, secure and pseudo anonymous. So, as you can see, bitcoin and ethereum have very diffirent targets and field of applications and they will hardly stomp each other feet in the next years to come. No worries. Even if ethereum will grow 100 fold, bitcoin will probably still be ahead

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supahlovah

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:29:48 PM

it is an interesting question) But I don't believe that bitcoin has real threats from other coins and even from the side of ethereum)
notlasttrain

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:01:12 PM

No and no again) How people can think like this?)) Bitcoin will be always a leader and even if ethereum will cost 5000 he will never be such popular like bitcoin!
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:03:21 PM

Your words are heavy and definite.  I will like to see how Your opinion or better still expectation will come to pass.  I am open minded about possibilities in cryptocurrency.  Let's see how it will work out!  However,  I am still supporting bitcoin as number one cryptocurrency!

unbotak

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:14:06 PM

No and no again) How people can think like this?)) Bitcoin will be always a leader and even if ethereum will cost 5000 he will never be such popular like bitcoin!
Ethereum relies on Bitcoin so how Ethereum can threaten Bitcoin which is a benchmark. we can see from the past and also now that Altcoin is influenced by the value of Bitcoin so Bitcoin will always be the main even though many new altcoins appear.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:47:48 PM

Ethereum relies on Bitcoin so how Ethereum can threaten Bitcoin which is a benchmark. we can see from the past and also now that Altcoin is influenced by the value of Bitcoin so Bitcoin will always be the main even though many new altcoins appear.

I don't think that is true, the increase in ethereum prices, doesn't depend on bitcoin, but it relies heavily on purchases, made by the community or users behind ethereum. In the world of cryptocurrency, bitcoin's a king that serves as a defense shield for the entire cryptocurrency. At present bitcoin and ethereum are like kings and queens both of which are among the most expensive coins which make it possible will experience a decline in the number of investors because some investors prefer to buy other coins.
Boctok

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:55:04 PM

No more than an ant - an elephant. There are pairs traded with bitcoin. There are pairs of cryptocurrencies that are traded with the ether. Parity is visible here
Silverstar

Activity: 426
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:20:25 PM

I do not think that ETH could threaten Bitcoin. to understand how strong Bitcoin is now, compared to other coins - look at  dominance BTC in the market, today it is 52%   ( ETH have  10.5% ) ......

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
gerjiss

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:29:48 PM

I think that Ethereum does not pose any threat to bitcoin and has not carried It before. Perhaps someday there will be a coin that will be in all respects better than Bitcoin, but this will not happen soon. At the moment, there is a very large gap between Ethereum and Bitcoin.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
alexsoul

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:40:18 PM

Your right to think so, Ethereum has a great team of programmers, but why don't you consider other cryptocurrencies? Ethereum has existed for a long time, but it has many younger competitors. These platforms are only at the beginning of their development path and they just need time to prove that they are superior in many ways.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 02:16:07 AM

I don't see any possible threat to that, because ethereum and bitcoin was made for a purpose and has unique features. Comparing to the rank in coinmarketcap, maybe we can say that their position may be greater valued. But I don't really care about their ranks, I care about their possible output.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:20:25 AM

I am not seeing it that way.
Ethreum is good and they are going crazy with the coinmarketcap because of the supply x the value.
But it is not and never will be a threat to BTC, as it is a great support to bitcoin.
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:51:37 AM

I do not think so. I am expecting the complete opposite, not as bad as removed for lack of interest, but not the huge success ETH fans think it will be. Too big to fail? maybe, but there is no government that will jump in and save it, and the whales who saved it the first time from collapse will have other options.
magnum cyber

Activity: 775
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:20:19 PM

i don't think ethereum is a threat to bitcoin, bitcoin is way too superior compared to any altcoin. the gap between bitcoin and ethereum is too large

Antony97

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:25:23 PM

I think,Development of Ethereum for now,it will provide benefit to Bitcoin.if there is a threatening.There are competition.Competition brings success.Also,For both of them.

🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸 [ MOOZICORE ] WORLD’S FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN 🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺
https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:41:42 PM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

Ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin, these are not players who are going to age with time and get tired to play, bitcoin is always going to be the coin that is always going to evolve with the times. As long as there are still so much investors in bitcoin then there is no way that ethereum is going to surpass the coin whether in price of in value

simpelplan

Activity: 407
Merit: 2

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 01:10:44 PM

Ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin, these are not players who are going to age with time and get tired to play, bitcoin is always going to be the coin that is always going to evolve with the times. As long as there are still so much investors in bitcoin then there is no way that ethereum is going to surpass the coin whether in price of in value
true, i think there's no altcoin who posses a threat to bitcoin,bitcoin's price and value is way to high to any altcoin exist, even for ethereum bitcoin is still superior

████████████          SMARTFI.com          ████████████
───────          The Open Lending Platform          ───────
Faroxx

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:28:52 PM

I think Ethereum cannot threaten bitcoin because Ethereum is a platform for tokens and bitcoin is "digital gold". These coins carry different functions and cannot compete with each other.
usawa0

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:33:51 PM

Ethereum is a worthy competitor to Bitcoin. I really like the architecture of this project.
gunbars

Activity: 114

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:40:45 PM

Of course Ethereum is a good coin and it's next to Bitcoin because it deserves to take second place. But I think it's not a threat to Bitcoin. Just because Bitcoin is the king of the crypto. You can't replace the king just like that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: