Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:44:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][OIO] ONLINE - Together we can change the internet 🔴|🔴  (Read 135217 times)
bakst2

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:52:45 PM

This is a hudge problem in the internet so glad these guys have a great team and too advisors building a new community to stop click bait and other spammy players in the internet ! Smiley
descuri

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:05:28 PM

How come you decided to issue your own token,couldnt all this be done with ETH?

Probably for better control of funds which arw incoming or outgoing...

Most likely because you will be able to stake OIO and eran ICE that way, plus most likely because of PoET also.

What is ICE and PoET?

Proof-of-elapsed time is a relatively  new  concept.  Coins  are  distributed based on the proof that the user was doing some specific action for a rather long period of real time. Proof of time algorithm was invented by Intel and it is mainly associated with their hardware platform that provides very fast consensus model. It generates random numbers (wait time) on miner’s nodes and then chooses the node with the lowest number. So,it works like a lottery but with more complex algorithm designed to provide more optimizations. Intel promises that this algorithm cannot be broken by  external  actions  and  provides  honest  consensus  model.

Any other successful projects that use proof of elapsed time?

This is the first time I heard about this concept, so as far as I know there are no other projects using this concept,Not sure is that good or just means that this concept is no good so that's why other projects don't bother implementing it?

They did write that it is a relatively new concept and that could be one of the reasons why its use is not widespread.
bibliobusz

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:43:00 PM

Most likely because you will be able to stake OIO and eran ICE that way, plus most likely because of PoET also.

What is ICE and PoET?

Proof-of-elapsed time is a relatively  new  concept.  Coins  are  distributed based on the proof that the user was doing some specific action for a rather long period of real time. Proof of time algorithm was invented by Intel and it is mainly associated with their hardware platform that provides very fast consensus model. It generates random numbers (wait time) on miner’s nodes and then chooses the node with the lowest number. So,it works like a lottery but with more complex algorithm designed to provide more optimizations. Intel promises that this algorithm cannot be broken by  external  actions  and  provides  honest  consensus  model.

This is the first time I heard about this concept, so as far as I know there are no other projects using this concept,Not sure is that good or just means that this concept is no good so that's why other projects don't bother implementing it?

They did write that it is a relatively new concept and that could be one of the reasons why its use is not widespread.

but if it's a new concept - how was public engagement counted before?
TheRedKing

Merit: 5

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:52:33 PM

What is ICE and PoET?

Isn't that a bit risky? Using a concept that has not been tested and proven to be effective?
mientoeg

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:39:02 PM

OIO projects seem to be in the same rush as bloggers because the system uses ads when searching something on a website
MrSlave

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:38:35 PM

What is ICE and PoET?

Isn't that a bit risky? Using a concept that has not been tested and proven to be effective?

Well, ICOs are, imho, always taking risk that could flop, but it's always like that in the bussines world, some things might look like a risk, but if they take off then everything makes sense and we call them genius.
ZUTEN12000
Copper Member

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:48:57 PM

The Online (OIO) token is an unique digital asset that will unleash the Internet from ads, malware and tracking software, leading to a more enjoyable and secure browsing experience, with sizeable benefits for both web operators and end users.
SpockSenior

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:24:55 PM

The Online (OIO) token is an unique digital asset that will unleash the Internet from ads, malware and tracking software, leading to a more enjoyable and secure browsing experience, with sizeable benefits for both web operators and end users.

I do hope it unleashed the internet from ads. So no more adblockers are necessary.
Memmoria

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:05:28 PM

This is a hudge problem in the internet so glad these guys have a great team and too advisors building a new community to stop click bait and other spammy players in the internet ! Smiley

Yes, this is something that everyone will use
wibawa

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:49:59 AM

Glad to see such a project popping up. interesting projects
Tyrant76

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:04:20 AM

I do hope it unleashed the internet from ads. So no more adblockers are necessary.

But how will online.io generate income,if no ads?
Trollita

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:37:36 AM

Can someone explain to me what is proof of online algorithm?I never heared for that before
Vargistkrieg

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:39:45 AM

Can someone explain to me what is proof of online algorithm?I never heared for that before

Maybe it's a new concept, so if anyone can answer it would be the team members. A lot of projects are coming up with new concepts and implementing them only into their own projects so it's hard to grasp a hold of everything at times.
descuri

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:42:13 AM

What is ICE and PoET?

Sounds risky to me too, but someone has to be the first one to prove it Cheesy
alankasman

Activity: 924
Merit: 316

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:04:24 AM

yes, this is a much easier and lightweight internet explorer that is so impressive that many
people have participated in the sale Wink

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Lognak

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:00:06 AM

Maybe it's a new concept, so if anyone can answer it would be the team members. A lot of projects are coming up with new concepts and implementing them only into their own projects so it's hard to grasp a hold of everything at times.

The blockchain is a perfect place to try out new concepts and algorithms. So why not?
sebulba

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:38:02 AM

What is ICE and PoET?

Sounds risky to me too, but someone has to be the first one to prove it Cheesy

I don't think it's unproven, it's just a new concept which isn't that common.
johnleema

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:01:00 PM

Nowadays websites are full of ads that try to sell you something they think you need by creating an unfriendly and irritating browsing experience.
crownjewel

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:47:47 PM

Nowadays websites are full of ads that try to sell you something they think you need by creating an unfriendly and irritating browsing experience.

My biggest issue is with YT adds, but that's a whole nother agenda.
BigcountryRoy

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:39:53 PM

What is ICE and PoET?

Well, ICOs are, imho, always taking risk that could flop, but it's always like that in the bussines world, some things might look like a risk, but if they take off then everything makes sense and we call them genius.

Someone always has to go first Grin Lets hope it's a good idea Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: