Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:04:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Depressed that I was not an early adopter  (Read 13247 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 07:57:59 PM

If BTC continues rising then the ratio should increase too, thereby making investment in LTC less profitable versus BTC investment. There is a higher speculative element to the BTC price which renders it more volatile than LTC...

huh, don't you mean the inverse? LTC is more speculative. i am now confused.

It is pretty easy to find out. These coins have positive correlation as far as I know, meaning their prices change in unison, i.e. in one direction at the same time. So if the prices grow (for both BTC and LTC) and the ratio increases, that means the numerator (BTC) is more speculative (its price grows faster even in relative terms) than the denominator (LTC) and vice versa...

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:17:15 PM

If BTC continues rising then the ratio should increase too, thereby making investment in LTC less profitable versus BTC investment. There is a higher speculative element to the BTC price which renders it more volatile than LTC...

huh, don't you mean the inverse? LTC is more speculative. i am now confused.

It is pretty easy to find out. These coins have positive correlation as far as I know, meaning their prices change in unison, i.e. in one direction at the same time. So if the prices grow (for both BTC and LTC) and the ratio increases, that means the numerator (BTC) is more speculative (its price grows faster even in relative terms) than the denominator (LTC) and vice versa...

that makes no sense to me.. you are assuming that BTC and LTC have the same level of infrastructure/support, which is not true at all. if the two had the same level of upside/downside and infrastructure, then you could chalk it to speculation.. but that's just not the case.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 08:30:48 PM

that makes no sense to me.. you are assuming that BTC and LTC have the same level of infrastructure/support, which is not true at all. if the two had the same level of upside/downside and infrastructure, then you could chalk it to speculation.. but that's just not the case.

You may think as you please really. I'm not assuming anything, everything I do boils down to comparing relative dynamics of two prices. You just have to agree that the price of Bitcoin is more volatile...

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:37:57 PM

You may think as you please really. I'm not assuming anything, everything I do boils down to comparing relative dynamics of two prices. You just have to agree that the price of Bitcoin is more volatile...

is it more volatile? i know last saturday LTC was trading at $9 and now it's $38.. and there is less reason to believe in LTC than there is in BTC.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 08:42:34 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 09:34:41 PM by deisik

is it more volatile? i know last saturday LTC was trading at $9 and now it's $38.. and there is less reason to believe in LTC than there is in BTC.

I'm not tracing LTC, it may actually turn out that LTC is more volatile, but the logic of what I said still holds true.  Though it was you who said that the ratio between LTC and BTC has increased greatly, I was talking about BTC to LTC ratio (which is logical) and assumed this ratio had grown...

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 10:07:09 PM

I'll wait for LTC to hit 0.1, if it ever does. Then I'd be satisfied.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:46:30 AM

I'll wait for LTC to hit 0.1, if it ever does. Then I'd be satisfied.

You can stay satisfied all the way up while it climbs to 0.1, and then some, why wait for some round number Smiley
thejaxx

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:10:41 AM

I'm in the process of using some money to play around and build up assets. I keep the original amount and buy into LTC, FTC, and PPC so far.

I'm still kicking myself in the ass though for selling the 12BTC at $200 just a few weeks ago. /sigh
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:20:48 AM

I always wish I had bought a lot more rather than dipping my toes, and I certainly had the means to considering that it was pretty cheap when I joined (I'm probably significantly older than most of the Bitcoin community as I came around late '10). Trust me, the best thing to do now is see what you can do now rather than mourning the past, gotta move on and live life.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:51:06 AM

Don't miss the Litecoin boat , buy and hold for years .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
MrCrabs

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:16:46 AM

Buy a bitcoin today and you will be an early adopter. Smiley
madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:38:22 PM

I am depressed that I was actually an early adopter but wasn't strong willed enough to NOT be persuaded by skeptics to ditch BTC at the time, skeptics always had existed and at the time watching a video about an (educated) Yale/Harvard economics dumbass could easily convince me (a bit of little me - big me dilemma there) to ditch the whole Bitcoin thing.

I guess other early adopters that gave Bitcoin support deserve every penny they made, if they don't then who does deserves the payment for their contribution to humanity? Politicians? Police? Startup SEOs? All their roles are far more minor than those of early adopters.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 01:41:04 PM

Buy a bitcoin today and you will be an early adopter. Smiley
Maybe if you plan on holding onto them for long.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
omega33

Activity: 398

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:46:18 PM

Maybe you can create an alternative coin and make lots of money when they appreciated

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:58:33 PM

Ah man I was an early adopter but I spent now millions worth of BTC already. Was having trouble even affording socks this summer. But had lots of fun along the way and there's more cool stuff to do. Bitcoin is not even 1% yet of its potential.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 02:04:15 PM

Ah man I was an early adopter but I spent now millions worth of BTC already. Was having trouble even affording socks this summer. But had lots of fun along the way and there's more cool stuff to do. Bitcoin is not even 1% yet of its potential.
So you're saying that the potential is over $100 000?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:00:16 PM

Now, that's what I call an optimistic attitude Smiley Spent millions and no socks, haha, and you seem to still love life. OP, take a look at this dude, that's who you should learn from.
Relian

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:33:22 PM

LTC is dropping last couple days. Correction?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 05:42:42 PM

LTC is dropping last couple days. Correction?
-26% in the last 24hours and going down.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:46:55 PM

In hindsight, you can always blame yourself for not having made a decision or done something.
Just try to make a well thought trough decision. Do not blame yourself for it afterwards.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: