Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:42:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:24:32 PM

just gave an interview with tai zen Smiley it was fun.

Do u have the link?

no he says its going to take a day or two to finish the editing.

I've seen the interview. And we know ur real name. Looks like u should change ur nickname now (Anon136). Smiley

what did you think? this may be a dry run for something like letstalkbitcoin in the future. did i make any mistakes? did i say anything false?

I thought you're that ~60 yo guy from your user pick  Smiley

Me too Cheesy

rofl  Cheesy

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:24:47 PM

salsacz, when nexerns client is published for a few days and we filled the subreddit /r/Nxt with many quality links, I want to start a reddit ad campaign.

http://de.reddit.com/wiki/selfserve
http://www.reddit.com/ad_inq

I will create pictures, other users can create pictures as well. We get 1000 views for 0,75$. We can target specific subreddits like /r/Bitcoin with 100k user or /r/litecoin with 18k user. But we can also target the whole frontpage.

For only 75$ or 1000 NXT we could create 100k views. From interested persons or from every person world wide.

I think it would be nice if we can get a minimum of 24.000 NXT for this. I would use 250 NXT per week to generate about 20000 views each week. In the beginning only on cryptocurrency subreddits. Later I would rotate it, so the "normal" ppl see the ad also.

This campaign I would run for 2 years. What do you guys think?

well, there is a logical problem:

250 (nxt) x 100 (weeks) = 25.000 - this would be OK, but that would also mean that this campaign is worthless, because Nxt would still be 0.00008 Btc Cheesy

So yes I agree, if you want to manage reddit for 250/week, especially if in 2 months it would cost 100 Nxt / week thanks to better price for Nxt Cheesy
+ we would always provide swarms (30+ people) to help

Or that. 3 months, but generating more views over that time. Then we can see the results and decide. You are right. Smiley
probably better, lets the manager decide Cheesy
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:26:54 PM

I have no problems with someone being critical about funds, but as regards to marketing a critical mistake is made: it's treated the same as a technical funding.

When you fund a technical or development effort, it's easy to put measurable parameters: "If we spend X, we expect to get Y" and that is cold hard fact.

With marketing, especially at the start, this is very hard to do, and sometimes downright silly. Anyone who has any experience looking at marketing analytics knows that at some point you just can't say: "X happened because of Y".

That means that sometimes money is spent unnneccessarily. That's what bad marketeers do! And most people, I am sad to say, tend to judge marketing and PR by that standard.

The other side is, that marketing gets subjected to over-auditing.

I believe in this case, this is happening. I'll be blunt: if people want hard facts on what the result of marketing efforts like LTB minutes and conferences would be, you won't be able to get them. I can tell you that if you don't get good people out there, Nxt has a major problem.

Take the Miami conference. If you'd have audited Nifty and JustaBit up front about numbers, that would have been silly. Even now, when we know that they have made very good contacts, it's still silly. All they can say at this moment is that things are in the pipeline. If you take the hard line now, you'd say: "you don't get funding, because you don't have results". And that would mean they wouldn't be able to get those results.

I sense a large amount of distrust towards the marketing efforts from some corners. Distrust is something different from critical questions.

I'll be blunt once more: marketing at this point needs trust up front. That means funding without too many questions, based on the fact that you know some people who know what they are doing are taking care of it. I put it to you that some developers in here would get blind funding because of their reputation and there wouldn't be as many questions asked as there are of marketing.

Also, from a "division of power" perspective, I would be less than happy if the person who does the audit also is the person who takes the end decision about actual spending. That is putting jury and judge together.

I'm not going to beg for PR funds, but I do want people to know that I really dislike being put in a place where I feel I have to defend my talents and job and explain I'm not evil.

+1

Those who are skeptical of funding marketing: ask yourself, where would NXT be without the work we've done already? People don't just randomly discover yet another cryptocurrency.
Just look at how reluctant the exchange has been about adding NXT because it requires a bit of additional work, yet we have got more to add us, which has lead to a big increase in users.

Look at all the info we have got out there which has made people trust NXT whereas just 1 month ago the consensus in the crypto world was that NXT was a premined scam. We have managed to turn this image around to "One of the most exciting developements in crypto".

We got a ton of projects upcoming and we've basically only got started.
Look at Ethereum, just look at the amount of marketing they have done and how they are repeaing attention for it. Without having really proved anything they got A LOT of people interested.

There is really no reason for the funds to just sit there and do nothing. Let's actually spend them on making the community bigger and NXT more known to everyone.

I'm voicing my opinion here and agreeing that marketing seems to be undervalued and those involved perhaps under-appreciated.

My out of pocket expenses for a fast secure server for NXT($149 USD / month) and paid advertising and hours away from billable work is costing me too much. Honestly, I may need to pull back from my efforts if something doesn't change. I have given you a very developed and active Facebook page and Twitter account which I believe have very positively helped spread the word about NXT to the community outside of these forums. In fact, I have stats to prove that. I have given you original art. And I hope I've contributed positively to the marketing conversations. I haven't taken very much time to wander around asking for NXT donations or spouting what I do, but the few times I have there has been almost no response. The NXT that has been contributed to my efforts would have to reach a very high price to cover my costs. I had hoped to double my purchased NXT through my marketing efforts and at times wonder if I should have just bought more instead of investing out of pocket in these expenses. But I'm an idealist and a believer in the cause. If I abandon my marketing efforts, I won't do it bitterly—I'll do it when I can't justify the expense.

Qbtc is rreferring to the www.nxtcrypto.org site.  She should not have to pay the fefees out of pocket.  Come on people.  Same for joefox on wiki and btc24 on forums and intel for info/download.

Marketing fund.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:27:48 PM

what did you think? this may be a dry run for something like letstalkbitcoin in the future. did i make any mistakes? did i say anything false?

I thought that u were going to stay anonymous, but u revealed ur name and ur face.

PS: I didn't listen to the interview coz I don't comprehend English speech. Smiley

lol anyone who cared could have figured out my identity. i never guarded it very carefully.

Just want to add my congratulations, too.
Very clearly explained and nice to see a face to Nxt Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:28:31 PM

salsacz, when nexerns client is published for a few days and we filled the subreddit /r/Nxt with many quality links, I want to start a reddit ad campaign.

http://de.reddit.com/wiki/selfserve
http://www.reddit.com/ad_inq

I will create pictures, other users can create pictures as well. We get 1000 views for 0,75$. We can target specific subreddits like /r/Bitcoin with 100k user or /r/litecoin with 18k user. But we can also target the whole frontpage.

For only 75$ or 1000 NXT we could create 100k views. From interested persons or from every person world wide.

I think it would be nice if we can get a minimum of 24.000 NXT for this. I would use 250 NXT per week to generate about 20000 views each week. In the beginning only on cryptocurrency subreddits. Later I would rotate it, so the "normal" ppl see the ad also.

This campaign I would run for 2 years. What do you guys think?

well, there is a logical problem:

250 (nxt) x 100 (weeks) = 25.000 - this would be OK, but that would also mean that this campaign is worthless, because Nxt would still be 0.00008 Btc Cheesy

So yes I agree, if you want to manage reddit for 250/week, especially if in 2 months it would cost 100 Nxt / week thanks to better price for Nxt Cheesy
+ we would always provide swarms (30+ people) to help

I think we should use pauls method. First run it for 3 months for maybe 6000 NXT and see the success. If it is successful we will plan ahead. But we should reserve a few NXT.

Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:29:32 PM

I agree, hosting nxtcrypto should be something the community pays for and not one individual.
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:30:33 PM

New York Conference.

Sorry for the confusion, I am jefdiesel, Can't get my nick changed here. Thought the people in charge knew.

I am going to NYC conference and have offered my services as a marketing speaker, as said, not a programmer or mathlete, so not sure what the panel subjects will be, or how suited I would be.

I have applied for some marketing funds, with a proposal here https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3441.msg32673.html#msg32673

UP and Klee expressed financial support, Wesley is customizing a faucet and QBTC is helping with her awesome graphics. We are going to make a landing page at nxtcrypto

I read today that QBTC has not been paid for what seems to be the most professional and multi-use website for NXT information,

OUTRAGE REALLY?!

Also I asked Salsacz for money for this project and was told that the PROPOSAL with 25k for designer and programmer was GREEDY! it wasnt for me, it was for a bounty to the community. Yet we're focusing on stupid radio ads? who listens to RADIO?

/endrant

OK.. so Im going to the NYC conference, I signed up on the site offering to speak. Imagine if I could even just expose 100 people to NXT and then follow up with "Come get one of these cards from me, and redeem them for 10, 20, 50, etc NXT and start your own wallet"

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:31:28 PM

CfB can offer a minimum bound on bandwidth required for 1000 TPS (1 MBS) but can't say how many NXT service nodes that can handle the full blockchain are required.

I forgot about a very important detail. 1000 tps @ 1 Mbps assumes that we use binary protocol. Now all data in protocol is encoded in JSON, this adds 3x-5x overhead.

We have to migrate to binary protocol before switching TF on.

I guess after the migration that the API as we know it now would cease to exist?  If so, how about if we did switch to full TF, but kept JSON transport?  Obviously we couldnt expect 1Mtps then, but could we expect 200Ktps?

If so that should sustain us well long enough to get a testbed setup to convert peerexplorer, block explorers, and custom clients over to a binary transport protocol.

@CfB & Client Devs: I was seriously considering putting the requests sent to the NRS into a separate thread in order not to block the GUI while it is under way. With MANY requests passing back and forth, this can be a real problem, when the GUI seems unresponsive!

Do you guys use a separate NRS-request Thread?  And is this still neccessary when the legacy thing CfB mentioned is droppped?

hi l8orre, initialisation and sending funds are sync, updates while runnning async.
data is completely memory buffered without the need to buy latency via a disk based
database approach. closing the client writes a compressed runtime-image to disk
and loads it in one call to memory when started again. this structure removes problems
with orphaned blocks and not updated transaction confirmations, because the whole
account structure is updated, not incremental but complete. an average account
is loading/updating in 15-30 sec. this way. fast enough even with upcoming lesser block
creation time.

ps: iirc you are using python, just throw the json into a collection during runtime and dump
the collection serialized to disk. it's like a mini redis. superfast robust and easy to handle.
the lastest api improvements removed the need parsing raw blocks and transactions and
you can run an http/https async loop to update the structure in complete without the
need to care about timers and race conditions.

Thanks for the hints! Appreciated!
opticalcarrier

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:33:47 PM

There is 200 Nxt especially for the conf. Other coins could be borrowed from the same acc from NxtMarketing, but it would be nice to give them back, because conferences have too high budget. There is already a loan for the radio spot (currently 250k). In past there were big discussions about funds, so I quickly published this acc, where I already had 100k before CFB's donation, so then I sent them to the different account.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAGADgnQcrtdHRrV3V3Z1lzOXVEMWtqdElUaEtqV1E#gid=15

Can you tell the community to which account you have sent 100k please thank you

please quote me he has me on ignore

This is bullshit.  Salsacz, you have been doing a fantastic job.  Takehim off ignore,  hes said he will cut the bullshit out.  You do the same and start workinworking as a team
salsacz

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:36:22 PM

Qbtc is rreferring to the www.nxtcrypto.org site.  She should not have to pay the fefees out of pocket.  Come on people.  Same for joefox on wiki and btc24 on forums and intel for info/download.
Marketing fund.
I We sent 50k + 5k for wiki to cover for last 2 months from the NxtMarketing. There is also a small support for new sites from these funds and there would be support for most important sites that also provide new content... Most important are consultations.. this page is not optimal for new users: http://www.nxtcrypto.org/nxt-coin/client-download but new clients would hopefully solve it
NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 03:38:36 PM

Sorry for the confusion, I am jefdiesel, Can't get my nick changed here.

Have you PM'ed theymos?

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
opticalcarrier

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:44:21 PM

Marketing fund.
I We sent 50k + 5k for wiki to cover for last 2 months from the NxtMarketing. There is also a small support for new sites from these funds and there would be support for most important sites that also provide new content... Most important are consultations.. this page is not optimal for new users: http://www.nxtcrypto.org/nxt-coin/client-download but new clients would hopefully solve it

I say we just all agree to authorize CfB to repay from unclaimed nxt, to qbtc the amount shes spent so far, along with enough to keep site running til end of year.  Same for other sites.  This shit aint free
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:49:44 PM

I thought that u were going to stay anonymous, but u revealed ur name and ur face.

PS: I didn't listen to the interview coz I don't comprehend English speech. Smiley

lol anyone who cared could have figured out my identity. i never guarded it very carefully.

Just want to add my congratulations, too.
Very clearly explained and nice to see a face to Nxt Smiley

Thanks for the kind words friend.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
salsacz

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:50:34 PM

I propose we increase the MARKETING FUND by another 1,500,000 Nxt == Total 4.5 Million:

4,500,000/12 = 375,000 Nxt

It increases the current monthly budget by 125,000 Nxt.

This will increase Nxt value and everyone's investment.

We still stick to the monthly payment plan....paid out on the 18th of each month....next payment is February 18th 2014.

+1

this way last payment will be on 18th March and then will 2.8 Million be thrown to the genesis
salsacz

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:52:23 PM

Marketing fund.

I say we just all agree to authorize CfB to repay from unclaimed nxt, to qbtc the amount shes spent so far, along with enough to keep site running til end of year.  Same for other sites.  This shit aint free

yes, I don't know the history here, she probably won a contest about best web from the unclaimed coins contest, but it was a long time ago
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 03:56:17 PM

this way last payment will be on 18th March and then will 2.8 Million be thrown to the genesis

One suggestion that might have some marketing benefit over effectively "destroying" the NXT would be to send equal amounts to all small account holders (say those of less than 10K whose accounts are older than say Feb 1st).

Rather than making everyone equally richer this approach might help somewhat to answering those critics of the "unfair" initial distribution.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:57:25 PM

+1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAGADgnQcrtdHRrV3V3Z1lzOXVEMWtqdElUaEtqV1E#gid=15

sites got 1000 NXT.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:01:07 PM

One suggestion that might have some marketing benefit over effectively "destroying" the NXT would be to send equal amounts to all small account holders (say those of less than 10K whose accounts are older than say Feb 1st).

Rather than making everyone equally richer this approach might help somewhat to answering those critics of the "unfair" initial distribution.

Wrong.

Salsacz's calculation is based on the idea that only the marketing is getting NXT, nobody else. But with the committee, we will of course talk about using NXT for everything.
sunrise778

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:01:22 PM

- I propose to allocate 4 * 15k NXT from 10m unclaimed fund for 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th places in this contest. 

All the participants did a good programming work, and they deserve a solid consolation prizes.
That would be great! I think not only marketing is important. IMHO all our programmers have to be supported.
mthcl

Activity: 376
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:04:38 PM

- I propose to allocate 4 * 15k NXT from 10m unclaimed fund for 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th places in this contest. 

All the participants did a good programming work, and they deserve a solid consolation prizes.
That would be great! I think not only marketing is important. IMHO all our programmers have to be supported.
I support this. It is very important to give more bounties for developers.
Pages: « 1 ... 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: