Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:54:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI  (Read 99393 times)
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:40:57 PM

The duct works pretty well Smiley

pictures or it didn't happen Cheesy

the juicer on our dev rig - https://astr.al/u/6c7640b6_1440x2368.jpg
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m5

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:12:05 PM

I am whitefire customer and using his private BS. Its $16 - $20 per day revenue on $4000 board. I am also not running the board at its full potential. You can add 10 - 20% on top of $16 - $20 per day revenue if you provide good cooling to board.

You can do rest of the math.

Ok, Thank you for clarification.  Can you also report  Does BS have any integrated devfee and what profit it generates without devfee?
Devfee is exactly 4%.
Dhino

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 08:13:45 PM

I am whitefire customer and using his private BS. Its $16 - $20 per day revenue on $4000 board. I am also not running the board at its full potential. You can add 10 - 20% on top of $16 - $20 per day revenue if you provide good cooling to board.

You can do rest of the math.

Ok, Thank you for clarification.  Can you also report  Does BS have any integrated devfee and what profit it generates without devfee?

Private BS does not have integrated devfee. You have to pay 4% of your revenue to Dev based on trust.

Bitrated user: dhinendra.
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:37:22 AM

May I kindly ask what filament you used ? PLA, ABS ?
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:56:50 AM

I designed an air duct for use with open air cases that can be 3d printed. It will mount to a 120mm fan and sit the BCU inside of it. This should work for VCUs as well but the power header on the vcus is facing the top not the back so it wouldn't be ideal.

STL File: https://ufile.io/12bsr
OBJ Files: https://ufile.io/j58do

@senseless thank you for this.  I ordered (2) to be printed and will let you know the outcome once I receive them and my BCU's! :-)

melpheos

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:58:37 AM

I designed an air duct for use with open air cases that can be 3d printed. It will mount to a 120mm fan and sit the BCU inside of it. This should work for VCUs as well but the power header on the vcus is facing the top not the back so it wouldn't be ideal.

@senseless thank you for this.  I ordered (2) to be printed and will let you know the outcome once I receive them and my BCU's! :-)
For my information, what pricing did you get ?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4864

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:41:13 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 04:00:27 PM by Hueristic

There is no physical reason to have to use abs so you can use either.
The PLA may lose the glossy sheen if you run over 57c (the actual air it funnels) but will have no other effects.
Check out PETG.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
melpheos

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:02:38 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 04:40:55 PM by melpheos

The PLA may lose the glossy sheen if you run over 57c (the actual air it funnels) but will have no other effects.
Check out PETG.
Thanks, was wondering as I have no much knowledge about 3D printing. I saw only that ABS is more resistant to temperature than PLA but if this impact only the glossy look, I dont really care.
R0land

Activity: 208
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:52:40 PM

Check out PETG.
Thanks, was wondering as I have no much knowledge about 3D printing. I saw only that ABS is more resistant to temperature than PLA but if this impact only the glossy look, I dont really care.
I can print this thing with PETG (white,black or transparent) for you.
I only ship it with DHL in germany. You can pay with Paypal, cryptos and Überweisung.
If someone is interested, pm me.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:11:21 AM
Merited by 2112 (1)

@senseless thank you for this.  I ordered (2) to be printed and will let you know the outcome once I receive them and my BCU's! :-)

Hello - I am using this service - 3dhubs - and he switched me from ABS to Eastman AM3300 - it has very high thermal properties.  The total cost for (2) units, printed and shipped to me is $152.21.

Here is a completion photo:

R0land

Activity: 208
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:16:27 AM
Merited by 2112 (1)

@senseless thank you for this.  I ordered (2) to be printed and will let you know the outcome once I receive them and my BCU's! :-)

Hello - I am using this service - 3dhubs - and he switched me from ABS to Eastman AM3300 - it has very high thermal properties.  The total cost for (2) units, printed and shipped to me is $152.21.

Here is a completion photo:

Eastman AM3300 is PETG and has not so high thermal properties ... only 85 degree centigrade ... but it´s enough.
navarthelol

Activity: 133
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 09:22:18 AM

The first private Zetheron bitstream for the VU9P FPGA series has now been released.

What algorithm?

It's private, hence the algorithm is not made public.  This is to prevent coins from forking.

My customers have posted their profits in the discord, most are reporting $17-$20/day per card.

The algo he is referring to is 100% lyra2z. The majority of the coins they are targeting are aware and forking. Hence his customers might need to ask for a new bitstream
whitefire990 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 09:35:44 PM

The first private Zetheron bitstream for the VU9P FPGA series has now been released.

What algorithm?

It's private, hence the algorithm is not made public.  This is to prevent coins from forking.

My customers have posted their profits in the discord, most are reporting $17-$20/day per card.

The algo he is referring to is 100% lyra2z. The majority of the coins they are targeting are aware and forking. Hence his customers might need to ask for a new bitstream

?
Lyra2z was released by Allmine and most BCU1525 owners are mining with it.  That is not secret knowledge, everyone knows.
There would be no point for me to release an algorithm that is already done by someone else.
I have no plan or desire to target Lyra2z.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:30:12 AM

Please excuse me if this is the wrong thread to ask this question, but has anyone received their BCUs purchased somewhere at the end of June 2018?

I paid for 2 pcs, one for me and another for my friend, but now I don't see any of these FPGAs under my account at Mineority.io. The support guys do see it somewhere at their end, but here I am without BTC and without FPGAs...

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
whitefire990 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:15:28 AM

Please excuse me if this is the wrong thread to ask this question, but has anyone received their BCUs purchased somewhere at the end of June 2018?

I paid for 2 pcs, one for me and another for my friend, but now I don't see any of these FPGAs under my account at Mineority.io. The support guys do see it somewhere at their end, but here I am without BTC and without FPGAs...

Go into the discord and ask in the Mineority channel, you will get an answer within an hour or so.  Not all FPGA's have been shipped and I don't think any of the water cooled ones have been shipped.

reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:45:18 PM

geeez banning me @discord for exposing the secret/covert FPGA bitstream that mine coin which is anti asic Cheesy

LOL Jihan would like you

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:45:33 AM

Whitefire say:
"Soon coin developers will realize that FPGA's actually help their coin become ASIC resistant and everyone will be on board
The deep irony right now is that GPU mining is so unprofitable for home-miners that the only really profitable GPU mining is GPU farms
Hence to 'support' GPU's = supporting centralized GPU farms
FPGA mining on the other hand is profitable in any country no matter how high the electrical cost
So supporting FPGA mining is supporting decentralization since at-home miners can still make a profit
Now if more people could just spread that message the conversion would happen very fast"

from the discord  Roll Eyes

there is plan to:
1. tag each user bitstream with serial
2. distribute only interly
3. make nicehash for FPGA to dump directly to BTC
4. already done remove info about algo/coin being mined??? (next step make miners mine at private FPGA nicehash not even knowing what they mine and for what fee)
5. covert mining

I think Jihan is jealuse   Grin

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Dhino

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:23:08 PM

Whitefire say:
"Soon coin developers will realize that FPGA's actually help their coin become ASIC resistant and everyone will be on board
The deep irony right now is that GPU mining is so unprofitable for home-miners that the only really profitable GPU mining is GPU farms
FPGA mining on the other hand is profitable in any country no matter how high the electrical cost
So supporting FPGA mining is supporting decentralization since at-home miners can still make a profit
Now if more people could just spread that message the conversion would happen very fast"

there is plan to:
4. already done remove info about algo/coin being mined??? (next step make miners mine at private FPGA nicehash not even knowing what they mine and for what fee)
5. covert mining

You can buy the hardware and get the BS. I don't understand what is the problem with you. Before Whitefire make the FPGA mining public many people were mining with FPGA in secrete and many people like you and me did't even know that FPGA mining exist.

Bitrated user: dhinendra.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:02:32 AM

Whitefire say:

there is plan to:
5. covert mining

You can buy the hardware and get the BS. I don't understand what is the problem with you. Before Whitefire make the FPGA mining public many people were mining with FPGA in secrete and many people like you and me did't even know that FPGA mining exist.

They have been using them in secret since at least 2014. Lookup beekeeper litecoin FPGA. It was 25kh/s if I recall correctly. This has always been the scheme. Create “gpu” only coin and secretly mine with FPGA.   It is what it is. I’m sure the refunds are causing a delay and further “testing” to need to be done.  Ugh. Same ole pattern different day. 

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:00:07 PM

Whitefire say:

there is plan to:
5. covert mining

They have been using them in secret since at least 2014. Lookup beekeeper litecoin FPGA. It was 25kh/s if I recall correctly. This has always been the scheme. Create “gpu” only coin and secretly mine with FPGA.   It is what it is. I’m sure the refunds are causing a delay and further “testing” to need to be done.  Ugh. Same ole pattern different day. 

BR

Refunds have all been sent out last I spoke to SQRL (last week). SQRL is busy packaging and shipping acorns, water blocks have been received (as I understand it), the current hold up is waiting on more BCU-1525's to arrive from Xilinx. As far as I know those BCU's have shipped and are expected any time.

Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: