Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:21:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why bitcoin is volatility?  (Read 1890 times)
BitpokerONI

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:10:57 AM

Another factor I can see that is the news, positive and negative news drove the price to go down and up. However, if you look at the bright side, volatility has its advantage as well specially for daily traders. Most of them takes advantages of the wild price swings and uses their TA go look for opportunities
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:13:23 AM

News long time already not driving price.
Market not regulated this make it speculative, is the main reason of volitility.

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
doodle07

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:40:30 AM

There are too many reasons that affects the volatility of bitcoin, but I think the "demand and supply" is the prime reason that affects bitcoin much. And so thus the news or media that are manipulating people's mind to ruin bitcoin's image.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 10:14:01 AM

I agree with what you have said. I would just add another reason why the Bitcoin's volatility is as high as it is. And that is the new holders who doesn't really know about cryptocurrency. Because, this new holders/investors are easily swayed by the spreading of FUD. Which leads them to sell their coins. And that will end up decreasing the BTC value.
BitProCoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:30:33 AM

Bitcoin volatility is also driven in large party by varying perceptions of the intrinsic value of the cryptocurrency as a store of value and method of value transfer. It's volatility has its advantage as well specially for daily traders.
alfonshudding

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:35:47 AM

While it may be volatile according to these criteria, money can be volatile too unless its dollars, euros and pounds. South Africa for example have had steep drops in their currency over the past few years along with their economy downgraded to junk status. I'm there are many other countries facing the same issues, and in those cases Bitcoin might arguably be even safer.
Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:42:09 AM

I think you will still work on bitcoin because the site is everywhere. I think your country just forbids to do transaction with bitcoin but you can still exchange your bitcoin into currency in your country so you can buy something in your country.
if your country prohibits using bitcoin or works with bitcoin then i suggest that you move to a country that has received bitcoin, this is just my opinion.

Aneuk paloh kambuek

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:46:49 AM

If in my opinion, the effect of bitcoin volitilitas with its outstanding bad news for its bitcoiner / firal of a country is biting the bitcoin.
nicko122

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:56:36 AM

This is not surprising, since bitcoin is still a controversial currency all over the world. Around him a lot of hype and various rumors, and this directly affects its price. Therefore, the price is not stable.
1goldhunter001980

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:07:05 AM

Why bitcoin is votality compare to fiat money. Many say bitcoin is not a good investment because it is votality.

What is votality?
liability to change rapidly and unpredictably, especially for the worse. this is the fast price change.

Why is the votality of bitcoin high?
Bitcoin is a low supply at the time of its growing number of users and it has become a demand for the masses. Many want to buy, Many want to sell in easy-word multiple transactions. When many bitcoin transactions are fast market movements and we do not know what might happen because of the emotion of the seller and the buyer may have the price increase or decrease. So the bitcoin is votality because of the small supply and in-demand.

Why is fiat money not too volatility?
Because the government is able to regulate a traditional money, they can make new money and just increase its supply so that it does not have a votality compare to bitcoin.

Note: This is my only opinion, if you have any opinion you can also share it.

The market price of bitcoin may change anytime its because bitcoin is dependent on the market demand world wide once the market demand increases the market price is also increases or the law of supply and demand may apply.
dragontigear

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:25:59 AM

Why bitcoin is votality compare to fiat money. Many say bitcoin is not a good investment because it is votality.

What is votality?
liability to change rapidly and unpredictably, especially for the worse. this is the fast price change.

Bitcoin is a low supply at the time of its growing number of users and it has become a demand for the masses. Many want to buy, Many want to sell in easy-word multiple transactions. When many bitcoin transactions are fast market movements and we do not know what might happen because of the emotion of the seller and the buyer may have the price increase or decrease. So the bitcoin is votality because of the small supply and in-demand.

Because the government is able to regulate a traditional money, they can make new money and just increase its supply so that it does not have a votality compare to bitcoin.

The market price of bitcoin may change anytime its because bitcoin is dependent on the market demand world wide once the market demand increases the market price is also increases or the law of supply and demand may apply.

Agree and we should consider also that there are so many coins available in the market that may affect also the price volatility because some are selling their bitcoin invest and divert to other cryptocurrency.
vending

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:43:05 AM

that's what I like about bitcoin, we can take advantage of the instability of the price. We can buy at a cheap price and then sell it if the price has gone up. Imagine if bitcoin price does not change the price, maybe you will be more dizzy. in the long run 1 or 2 years. so you do not have to worry about price volatility.
bellakrstna

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:50:39 PM

Yes, bitcoin price has going up and down continuously everyday it is because in the other country bitcoin has not legalized. That’s why bitcoin is so volatile.
hardtargetbtc002018

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:01:07 PM

Yes, bitcoin price has going up and down continuously everyday it is because in the other country bitcoin has not legalized. That’s why bitcoin is so volatile.

Volatility is one of the characteristic of bitcoin or cryptocurrency and volatility is occurs if people are i panic selling their of their crypto investment due to speculation regarding the negativity of cryptocurrency market.
yousuf123

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:11:12 PM

Yes, the volatility of bitcoin is primarily due to the fact that its price is not regulated as ordinary money. In each state, the central bank monitors the stable rate of national money, throwing out additional bills on the market or withdrawing them from circulation. Also, the rate of national money is strengthened by buying or selling foreign currencies.volatility has its advantage as well specially for daily traders. Most of them takes advantages of the wild price swings and uses their TA go look for opportunities.We can buy at a cheap price and then sell it if the price has gone up. Imagine if bitcoin price does not change the price, maybe you will be more dizzy. in the long run 1 or 2 years. so you do not have to worry about price volatility.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:22:02 PM

What is votality?

That's quite a bit right on the street. Bitcoins are volatile because it is owned by no one. Meaning there is no one to regulate it. Then if no one is regulating it, then the price moves wildly. It sometimes go up and most of the time goes down due to panic selling.

TontomHit

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:28:50 PM

High volatility comes more or less from the lack of regulation. Government interfere to Fiat money all the time, to keep it stable, but Bitcoin price only comes from demand and supply. And the personal interest of some big whales I guess Cheesy

jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:32:56 PM

There are pool of investors who are also doing day trading so we could expect that there is a bitcoin volatility aside from the big whales they are referring too. Imagine a pool of investors that are big whales so it is easy to manipulate and do day trading in bitcoin. In this way they can earn but not that much since there are transaction fee being implemented. I try to day trade with bitcoin lately but it is still hard to earn because exchanges are implementing high transaction fee.
Brangos99

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:40:22 PM

Bitcoin's volatility is also driven by holders of most of the total currency in circulation. Because, for bitcoin investors with more than $ 10 million in ownership, it is unclear how they will liquidate most bitcoins and turn them into fiat currencies without moving the market.
lenar556

Activity: 187

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:42:39 PM

Most likely it is because of the large demand and supply of bitcoins, so bitcoin is so volatile that the more people buy bitcoins the higher the price. So if so many people will drop coins and in large numbers then this is definitely going to be a dump. There are also people who can have a speculative nature and thereby affect the price of BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: