Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:52:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MCXNow Shutting down (Temporary)  (Read 23905 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:34:08 AM

Kind of off-topic, but started working on an exchange a few weeks back. Matching engine is complete. Finished support for google auth yesterday. Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll be able to finish the rest and start working towards a private beta.

Rest assured that when this thing launches there will be a real registered company behind it with datacenter presence in at least 3 countries. I've watched realsolid's clown show long enough and it's time somebody put something together that reasonable people can trust.

BTW, once we get the web version of the exchange up and running, we're planning to bring in some really interesting features. For example, I've been talking to a company, for the better part of 6 months, that has produced a forex trading application and they seem willing to convert it over to handle virtual currencies. At this point, they are holding for the completed API. It has full support for bank grade charts w/technical indicators and comes with an integrated automated strategy trading system. This isn't some metatrader4 bullshit either. Much more modern.

Excellent news. Hope it works out.

One question. How do you know your hosting provider won't steal coins off your server? They will have full root access to any of your machines.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:24:29 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 06:08:53 AM by erk

Kind of off-topic, but started working on an exchange a few weeks back. Matching engine is complete. Finished support for google auth yesterday. Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll be able to finish the rest and start working towards a private beta.

Rest assured that when this thing launches there will be a real registered company behind it with datacenter presence in at least 3 countries. I've watched realsolid's clown show long enough and it's time somebody put something together that reasonable people can trust.

BTW, once we get the web version of the exchange up and running, we're planning to bring in some really interesting features. For example, I've been talking to a company, for the better part of 6 months, that has produced a forex trading application and they seem willing to convert it over to handle virtual currencies. At this point, they are holding for the completed API. It has full support for bank grade charts w/technical indicators and comes with an integrated automated strategy trading system. This isn't some metatrader4 bullshit either. Much more modern.

Realsolid never wanted to run an exchange*, it was just his way of scamming people for Bitcoins. He really wants to run an illegal gambling site, and a real estate scam.

Good luck with your project.

* You can tell from the missing basic features: eg. the useless transaction logs, the insistence on anonymity etc. it's all designed to cover tracks not provide a meaningful crypto exchange service.
deodecagone

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:06:57 AM

"
bannedbysatoshi: All that website is entirely a faked exchange to make you think mcxfee worth something , real value even if trades were on is 0.001BTC , RS suckers ban anyone telling truth
*MCXNOW MODERATOR*: realsolid has chat banned bannedbysatoshi for 99999 minutes
jdanks: and bans are cheap as fuck now so go cry @bannedbysatoshi
aroman1: the definite feminine she ): Whoever is of voting age, whether they are interested in politics or not, should vote.
jdanks: RS how is microtown going. can foreigners buy land in tazmania?
realsolid: XX.XXX.XXX.XXX
"

Where  XX.XXX.XXX.XXX where was my public adress at that time ...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 09:27:34 PM

lol @ the paranoia here, while I'm getting a bit pissed at the way RealSolid is handling things I also think it's an absolute shame that he's done everything like this, he had every opportunity to do things properly and was clearly capable of it with the way things were run but he got in over his head and decided to take some pretty ridiculous measures ( recently the $50 - $100 password reset fees were the last straw for me especially since it's all a digitally automated process ) and acting just like the banks do of course when I said this on chat I got trolled Tongue but I've seen banks charge less than that for getting your debit card back etc.

That being said though I seriously hope other people adopt this business model because it was fantastic and actually earned me quite a bit of money, if we could get more exchanges like this and people who won't throw a hissy fit and start internet drama wherever they go we'll all make a lot of money. If RealSolid didn't want to make an exchange he shouldn't have made it, I'd be fucking giddy if I got the kind of business he's been getting.

I'll be putting my newly earned money into cex.io, now if only we could convince them to let us mine some low difficulty altcoins >_<
erk

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:58:24 PM

Another gem a few min ago.

earthrise56: @realsolid i just don't get it. you start war with paying customer....

realsolid: @earthrise56 only in your fucked society delusion do you think money should make you tolerable, asshole
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 11:31:00 PM

Yep Sad oh well, time to search for more dividend paying shares.
Charles999

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:08:34 AM

So people are still at the MCXnow.com site yapping away with RS and claiming that our Accusation that Realsolid Scammed us by releasing a ton of MCxnow shares at .4 and promising that he'll keep the site running and even if he dies, his clueless wife could run it. 

Two weeks after selling all his fees, he decides he can't handle it anymore and wants to shutdown for 3 + months to attempt to lick his balls. 

If this isn't a scam, then what is?  How many stupid people around are there?? 

Sell the shares and run off for a break.  I swear, there's so many of his goons around pushing false truth to innocent people that it's getting quite amusing.

All I can say is beware.
erk

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:22:38 AM

Yep Sad oh well, time to search for more dividend paying shares.
Both Crypto-trade and Cryptsy have some shares on offer and neither are anonymous owners.

btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:07:09 AM

Quote from: RealSolid
v2.5 of mcxNOW will remove all free support caused by user fault. Such as forgotten passwords, lost google authenticator code, sending to wrong address, etc. To receive support for any user fault will require $50 to $100 equiv in fees that will be given back to the exchange in payouts like any other fee. This is to encourage people to be more careful with their login details. Furthermore, failure to be logged into an account for 2 months will see that account destroyed and all funds returned to mcxNOW as fees.

Looking forward to v2.5, finally we can deal with those pesky users.  Cheesy
efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:52:45 AM

Obviously you're forgetting that the new best exchange ever in the entire world will be accompanied by.... SC v3!!!

Everything will be better and no one will abuse their creation (promise), climb on the money rocket!

erk

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:07:30 AM

Obviously you're forgetting that the new best exchange ever in the entire world will be accompanied by.... SC v3!!!

Everything will be better and no one will abuse their creation (promise), climb on the money rocket!

Is that before or after RS finished Microcash that he promises many months ago before he started mcxNOW?
cheese_bot

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:18:33 AM

I doubt you would buy thousands and thousands of US dollars worth Won just like that. I mean, come on, I don't like him too but let's not make this some fantasy crime story, there is enough shit around it. He is obviously Australian.

It could of been shopped.

The point is that if he was going to do a runner then he wouldn't of warned everyone about it before hand by announcing the shutdown. At worst he's guilty of manipulating the price of fee-shares.

I bought 4 shares after they dropped. Now that the sites back on, well...

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:26:33 AM

I doubt you would buy thousands and thousands of US dollars worth Won just like that. I mean, come on, I don't like him too but let's not make this some fantasy crime story, there is enough shit around it. He is obviously Australian.

It could of been shopped.

The point is that if he was going to do a runner then he wouldn't of warned everyone about it before hand by announcing the shutdown. At worst he's guilty of manipulating the price of fee-shares.

I bought 4 shares after they dropped. Now that the sites back on, well...

Again, he warned everyone so they could withdraw funds. He does not want to incur the problems of dealing with theft. People making bad investments is not a crime.

He now walks away with funds approaching $15 Million USD as BTC rises in value without "stealing" a single coin.

~BCX~

The sale of unlicensed securities is a felony in Australia and the US (and 90% of the world as well).  Please stop staying obviously false and easily verifiable facts.
efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:31:09 AM

I'm not sure he's going to be disappearing. I think he enjoys gaining an advantage through manipulated circumstances far too much. It's not like he has lost all of his little groupies, just the ones that didn't get a tipoff.

Hopefully, his behavior will eventually catch up with him.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 07:19:22 AM

This reminds me of 2011 all over again.

Lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 11:12:46 PM

This reminds me of 2011 all over again.

Lol

What happened then?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
erk

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:01:46 AM

Seems there is a version 2.5 coming

mcxNOW has halted signups and some trading

mcxNOW has seen unprecedented growth in recent months and especially in the last few weeks. mcxNOW is a custom coded exchange built 100% by one man in C++ . This means if anything has to be modified then only one person can do it.

Unfortunately the growth has been too fast to match with the support requirement as only one person can currently do all support. This is a burden of 200 to 400 emails a day among many requests on IRC and through chat. This makes development of mcxNOW nearly impossible without neglecting valid user requests through support.

I am happy that in over 7 months mcxNOW has not been hacked or lost any coins and that the exchange has scaled well from 100 users upto a peak of about 3500 users online at once, it shows the design here is pretty good. However I never anticipated some aspects of running an exchange that can overburden the site (such as user support). To combat this I will develop mcxNOW v2.5, an upgrade from the current v2.

v2.5 of mcxNOW will remove all free support caused by user fault. Such as forgotten passwords, lost google authenticator code, sending to wrong address, etc. To receive support for any user fault will require $50 to $100 equiv in fees that will be given back to the exchange in payouts like any other fee. This is to encourage people to be more careful with their login details. Furthermore, failure to be logged into an account for 2 months will see that account destroyed and all funds returned to mcxNOW as fees. This is a big change and will require you to agree to new terms and conditions to continue using the site. These changes are designed to make people more self reliant and less bothersome to mcxNOW. If you do not like these new rules it is advised you stop using mcxNOW.

The next version will include an improved wallet interface that is not bound to any existing node software such as Bitcoin. Along with other improvements it should stop all mcxNOW faults caused by a wallet issue (pool payments, failed withdraws, etc). However if there are any faults caused by mcxNOW then that support will be provided free of charge.

In the meantime I have disabled creation of new accounts and disabled trading of some currencies here to lighten the support load whilst I develop v2.5. I estimate the new version will take 3-4 weeks to complete.

Thank you for your support and hopefully we can see all of you back here relatively soon trading even faster and better.

(2013-11-29 10:39:02)  longandshort - @yetanothertrader read that yet? http://pastebin.com/xz74smyu

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:08:53 AM

"To receive support for any user fault will require $50 to $100 equiv in fees that will be given back to the exchange in payouts like any other fee. This is to encourage people to be more careful with their login details. Furthermore, failure to be logged into an account for 2 months will see that account destroyed and all funds returned to mcxNOW as fees. This is a big change and will require you to agree to new terms and conditions to continue using the site. These changes are designed to make people more self reliant and less bothersome to mcxNOW. If you do not like these new rules it is advised you stop using mcxNOW."

Wtf is this... I've never used mcxNOW, but I certainly won't use it now that they're adding this stuff.

This is literally the worst exchange ever if they actually implement those things. It was already sketchy just because RealSolid was running it, this is just icing on the cake.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:21:18 AM

Wtf is this... I've never used mcxNOW, but I certainly won't use it now that they're adding this stuff.

That's something I was complaining about as well, best thing to do is just avoid it and move on, hopefully other exchanges will at least adopt interest payments I see that Vircurex already has started doing the same sort of thing but it looks like it's still being tweaked.
Charles999

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:09:10 AM

I just pray that no one forgets this shit that's occurred with MCXnow and when they attempt to scam again, people open their eyes and do not fall for RealSolid and his goon's tricks. 

I didn't believe a few of the old timers before and actually helped to pump Mcxnow quite a few times.  But now I have learned the hard way and encourage others to look at the past and remember it for the future so that they do not fall for these tricks again. 

Realsolid is too stupid to realize he's screwed every single person who's invested in his mcxfees (besides the insiders who were prewarned by him). 

Don't get fooled again folks.  The next con is coming back and they will continue to scam for more and more from the innocent.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: