Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:42:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much time do you spend reasearching your prospective coin buys?  (Read 439 times)
coremind (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:15:23 PM

As a buyer i send a lot of time sifting through a bunch of different medium (forums,websites,discord,telegram,whitepapers,social media) looking at my next buy.Im curious on how much time others spend on research?
mynamehere

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:10:13 PM

I make a positive or negative decision after 2, 3-fold return to the analysis. I like to record my thoughts and analysis on paper. On some proposals for buying the decision has not yet been accepted (and it's been 2.5 weeks already).
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:28:50 PM

To take a decision for investing in the project is a very crucial part, you have to properly analyze every aspect of the project specially whitepaper & do research about their team members background, experience through different social platforms like LinkedIn. The team is very important as they are going to enhance/build the project in future & so they should be capable to handle the project & won't going to stop working on the project after collecting the funds through ICO & make sure they won't scam. Once you are researching the project you also should check if their source code is available on GitHub or not & their blockchain explorer is running or not. It's up to every investor how much time they take to research & make a final decision to invest in the project or not, as every person is having a different set of mind.
BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:45:11 PM

Im curious on how much time others spend on research?
As much as how much they want to know. Big amounts investments should always spend long time doing researches. For small amounts investments it's like gambling so doesn't need a very long time before taking decision to buy.

I make a positive or negative decision after 2, 3-fold return to the analysis. I like to record my thoughts and analysis on paper. On some proposals for buying the decision has not yet been accepted (and it's been 2.5 weeks already).
You spend a very long time!!! If it goes well, you may hire for a team to manage your investment   Wink

To take a decision for investing in the project is a very crucial part, you have to properly analyze every aspect of the project specially whitepaper & do research about their team members background, experience through different social platforms like LinkedIn. The team is very important as they are going to enhance/build the project in future & so they should be capable to handle the project & won't going to stop working on the project after collecting the funds through ICO & make sure they won't scam. Once you are researching the project you also should check if their source code is available on GitHub or not & their blockchain explorer is running or not. It's up to every investor how much time they take to research & make a final decision to invest in the project or not, as every person is having a different set of mind.

I think you well resumed all what you have to know in researches before ordering to buy. But, did all crypto investors make their own researches before every buy order?
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:47:43 PM

in a nutshell
a lot
there are a lot of factors for a blockchain project to be uber successful
the underlying technology
practical usuage
potential investors
roadmap
developers
so much
i always do a complete research before investing any money into different cryptos
Igor17Krik

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:54:41 PM

I start studying the project in which I want to invest with the study team. I consider this to be the most important thing. Then I look through the white paper and decide for myself how much the project is being implemented. In general, it takes me 4 hours to study the project I'm interested in.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀            Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |            ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:00:16 PM

As a buyer i send a lot of time sifting through a bunch of different medium (forums,websites,discord,telegram,whitepapers,social media) looking at my next buy.Im curious on how much time others spend on research?

I hink there is no specific time on when to buy your coins, as long as you understand the marketing of which you think has high positivity to grow. It's more effecient if you read 2-3 fold their project and analyze whether it's potential is high or low. Once again there is no specific time to buy or how long will you wait to buy a coin.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:00:29 PM

I spend my time reading articles, digging new ideas and knowledge about the technology of its own use cases, My spending time usually ranges 6-7 hours depends on the mood of the day. I usually watch videos on youtube and gather more information to telegram. That's why it keeps popping in my mind if i relatively want that coin.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:01:09 PM

As much time as it takes for me to be convinced about the investment, and that entails devoting a good amount of time researching on various platforms, community feedback, etc., a specific time limit is impossible to pinpoint, varying as per the given popularity of the coin.
Katabit

Activity: 203
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:26:22 PM

I don't quite understand what parameters you're analyzing. the market is still very young, and it is not amenable to technical or fundamental analysis, even the news sometimes does not affect it.

christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:35:26 PM

I rely if the coin already have value in market like if the coin run for so long and with big amount of btc then if coin is new here better to search who is the developer of it like if he/she already run a coin here in crypto because if he/she good as a developer then we can earn big by that coin after that i always read news related to any coins here because if you only rely in their roadmap i think we can write many good articles about a coin so more better to invest base in news about their coin
komjhq

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:51:59 PM

I rely if the coin already have value in market like if the coin run for so long and with big amount of btc then if coin is new here better to search who is the developer of it like if he/she already run a coin here in crypto because if he/she good as a developer then we can earn big by that coin after that i always read news related to any coins here because if you only rely in their roadmap i think we can write many good articles about a coin so more better to invest base in news about their coin
you can talk a little, and also a lot, but I always check not only the schedule of the coin movement on stock exchanges, but also the development of a specific project to be confident in my prospects.
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:54:07 PM

Unfortunately, I am spending way to much time researching. And the sad truth is that most of the time the result is not satisfying and I feel like I have wasted my time.

geyayy

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:00:20 PM

I don't really buy because I know it is not necessary to do so. There are many ways to acquire coins without you costing your assets. You can join bounties which is a major way to earn these coins. You can look up ICO bounties in ICOBench to have a brief background about the ICO and they also has a rating for each so you can know the probability of success of the ICOs. As of now, I can say that ICObench has not yet failed me.

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:10:02 PM

Mostly I don't look to "spend" my time to be able to pull of decent investment and trading move. I as well am checking forums and other related places where crypto community is hanging in my free time simply because I like to know stuff that's happening around. Lets say that a minim time I spend per day is around 1h in reading/exchanging ideas with others etc. about crypto. But mostly it's around 2h let's say it that way.
SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 10:19:13 PM

I think when I started crypto I used to spend good 2 hours just to figure if the coin is good and worth investing more time in researching or not. Now, most likely it takes 2 hrs to research and make a decision after looking at all aspects (roadmap, product development, community, competitors,etc)
david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:23:21 PM

My friend, I am spending a lot of time on research. It can take a lot of time specially when you have to go through the competition. As long your still convince during the research and confident it can take several days or week. This is my way, I am not working full time investor and need to get advice too
Tosin12

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 10:25:51 PM

Really I'm getting close to full time cryptocurrency dealings didn't see it coming but it dawned on me I have to dig up some information before joining any new ICO which I have keep the momentum going and trust me it does pay off
mostcrack

Activity: 548
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:58:00 PM

It is a plan for every investor to be more precise in choosing a coin, of course someone who believes and wants to succeed in crypto, they take the time to research and mean each new project following the trend is a good thing that many new coins come to be successful in the future, so it is advisable to research every new coin for now, with the advent of ICO scams it is advisable to dig deeper into the origin and prospects, lest you lose in their hands.

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
HoardApp

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 11:02:18 PM

As much time as you need to feel comfortable that the project you're investing in is legitimate and is solving a legitimate problem / offering a solution to something. Looking into the team, reading the white paper, joining their community channels and understanding the amount / type of sentiment surrounding a project can be pretty time consuming sometimes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: