Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:07:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Bitcoin speculators are at the 'denial' stage of the crash  (Read 12952 times)
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 05:30:11 PM

I could have sold it all off at 30 and been quite happy with the huge return, BUT I believe in the principle of bitcoin. Its an awesome idea and I will take a loss to support such a fantastic opportunity of economic freedom.

I agree.
I think, couple years in future you can buy car with 20BTC
WRONG! 3 cars.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fakeman

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 06:29:07 PM

If you look hard enough you might be able to find a car for about the value of 20 BTC today, maybe even one that runs.  Cheesy

16wEsax3GGvJmjiXCMQUWeHdgyDG5DXa2W
HappyFunnyFoo (OP)

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 07:18:38 PM

I think that graph is epic. I decided to post something constructive instead of blatantly trolling the forums. Cheesy
JCbit

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 10:37:08 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2011, 11:15:06 PM by JCbit

i agree i think that graph is epic lol

but i know its wrong!
JCbit

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 11:13:48 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2011, 11:24:25 PM by JCbit

I believe in the principle of bitcoin. Its an awesome idea and I will take a loss to support such a fantastic opportunity of economic freedom.

+1
+1
+1
 Smiley
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 11:24:25 PM

Long term it's only going up, so i'm not being optimist, i'm being realist.

Long term it's going down, so I'm not being a pessimist, I'm being a realist.

$9.30 at the moment and getting close to that $9 wall that inevitably disappears as the price approaches that level.  Bitcoin has been in a slide since the $30 intra day high several months ago.  I have yet to see anything that would cause that trend to reverse.

Its often been said that bitcoin's price goes down on weekends.  We've had one hell of a long weekend so far.

That is still significantly more than the few cents it was just a few months ago. When i say long term i really mean LONG term.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
elements

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 11:43:12 PM

Long term it's only going up, so i'm not being optimist, i'm being realist.

Long term it's going down, so I'm not being a pessimist, I'm being a realist.

$9.30 at the moment and getting close to that $9 wall that inevitably disappears as the price approaches that level.  Bitcoin has been in a slide since the $30 intra day high several months ago.  I have yet to see anything that would cause that trend to reverse.

Its often been said that bitcoin's price goes down on weekends.  We've had one hell of a long weekend so far.

That is still significantly more than the few cents it was just a few months ago. When i say long term i really mean LONG term.

how do you define longterm? 6 months , a year, ten years, a hundred years, a thousand years???

please be more precise Wink

»A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.« - Douglas Adams
Use the trusted German Bitcoin exchange: https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/5wcwts
Tips & donations: BTC : 1MAQYNLp2VJ9wWhPYg5BnrbUGzdhGXopZw | CGB: 5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF
darkwon

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 12:01:36 AM

Entered the 'Fear' stage now, desperation coming up soon Smiley
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 12:02:35 AM

Entered the 'Fear' stage now, desperation coming up soon Smiley

lol love this graph. Yes must continue to include it in my speculation analysis...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Houdini

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 12:52:30 AM

We're at the 'denial' stage right now!  Prepare for more pain Smiley
Oh I'm waaay past the denial, panic and desperation stage... I'm in the zen "watching the crazy world go by and laughing" stage right now...
BitcoinStars.com

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 12:54:13 AM

We're at the 'denial' stage right now!  Prepare for more pain Smiley

Anyone who bought near the top is in the depression stage ATM IMO  Shocked
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 05:38:44 PM

There's not likely to be an upswing at the end.  When a company's stock goes low enough, it may be worth buying if they have production capacity and a market.  A company may become profitable when its capital costs decline.  Or at least it may be able to cover its operating costs. (Venture capitalists call this "zombie mode", where a startup can't possibly pay back its investors but can cover its operating expenses.  Companies can limp along in zombie mode for years.)

But Bitcoin generates no revenue. It's a pure speculation, a pyramid scheme, really,  In the end, it will go to 0.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 05:42:20 PM

But Bitcoin generates no revenue. It's a pure speculation, a pyramid scheme, really,  In the end, it will go to 0.
then why are you still here?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 05:50:41 PM

Chart predicted it.

+1 chart.

Be humble!
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:13:37 PM

This model is way too simplistic. There are not even bull and bear traps present. I'd say that we have classical bear trap here during 'smart money' stage.

-
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:40:18 PM

That sounds familiar. Where could I have heard that....

But gold generates no revenue. It's a pure speculation, a pyramid scheme, really,  In the end, it will go to 0.

Ah. Right.

(No, bitcoin isn't as highly valued as gold, but it's sure not worthless.)

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:52:34 PM

This chart a little better at mirroring bitcoins chart.

GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:00:26 PM

So what happens after "return to mean"

Be humble!
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 08:05:27 PM

The 100-day moving average is 13.50$.
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 11:02:39 PM

So what happens after "return to mean"

Continuation of the fundamental trend. Wild gyrations may occur around it, but do not change it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: