Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:46:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DATACOIN] Brainstorming - Giveaway!  (Read 9529 times)
Dkulak

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:50:48 PM

You need to keep DTC in news articles and blogs everywhere if you could get some mentions in the NYT or CNN it would be big for DTC. Everyone heres about BTC everywhere because of the news but if you could get some of that publicity you could easily increase the amount of people on DTC exponentially. You could put up a bounty for people to write articles for the news or their blogs if they have a large amount of followers. I know that you have a bounty out for promotion but you could put some bigger bounties on a specific news article or blog post. Just an idea...

D9MzXmYi4mS1caNTxJBWSUy2bGoeeaKYDi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coin_worker

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:11:03 PM

Help! I'm a noob

- need a help option in the menue for all my questions, no readme, no howto, nothing in any downloaded wallet.

- need more infos about stand alone cpu mining

- need a wallet.dat file on an extern usb-stick, this file must be outside my pc

thx

DBs6UWEYk32pY8qHspVpw94RcYeqcHeTQQ
maxsolnc (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 08:30:57 AM

1. Develop an advertising system which the user can advertise their product or website
2.Client joins the trading function real-time transaction

What do you mean, advertisements in DTC blockchain?

An offline synchronization, which is upgraded daily in some server in order to download it directly from the wallet. That would improve much faster.

I also thought about this, it always annoys me when I need to download 100MB file for an hour-two (with 6Mbit bandwidth)

All I think that you should have to add is an exchange and a converter. Thanks.

Value in USD can be seen here now: http://www.chainbrowser.com/datacoin/

I do not want to offend you with my comment, it is not my intention, but rather the opposite.
Many times we need ideas to keep the illusion and strength, but that usually does not let us see the weaknesses we have. You know better than anyone else what, it is good to stop and reflect, improve and let the ideas come to intución itself later. If you want to grow in the project, be patient. In my opinion this is the best idea .. Patience!

Nothing offensive here, we know weaknesses of our project and working hard to fix all of them. Smiley Ideas are for future, and also for independent developers who wants to create 'something' for Datacoin, but doesn't now what exactly to implement. This thread is, in fact, source for multiple startups.

Non related to coin development, but ideaas/apps related to data.
1. Award big bounty to anyone who can dedicate and come up with the next generation compression algorithm that compresses data more than the existing compression algorithms. For example, 7z, winzip for file compression, image compression, db compression etc., It takes time for developers to work. It will help fuel datacoins worldwide.
2. Ask people to come up with great internet technologies related to encryption, decryption, security and award them the coins.
3. Try to create dtc/usd exchange if possible.
4. Ask designers to pictorically explain or represent datacoins and award them.
5. Continue the brainstorm giveaway, read it atleast 2 times a day. Provide constructive feedback to every contributor. This will add good relationship to the community. Don't miss to offer atleast a coin to everyone responds you.
(1), (2) - need to think about it, (3) - we want to do this in not far future. (4) - it is in progress, here comes infographics and several simple articles for non-technical people - will be published today or tomorrow. (5) - of course. I read it several times a day, and always rewarding everyone for any idea, even very small one. Thanks for feedback!

You need to keep DTC in news articles and blogs everywhere if you could get some mentions in the NYT or CNN it would be big for DTC. Everyone heres about BTC everywhere because of the news but if you could get some of that publicity you could easily increase the amount of people on DTC exponentially. You could put up a bounty for people to write articles for the news or their blogs if they have a large amount of followers. I know that you have a bounty out for promotion but you could put some bigger bounties on a specific news article or blog post. Just an idea...

we're working at that with our promoters.

Help! I'm a noob
- need a help option in the menue for all my questions, no readme, no howto, nothing in any downloaded wallet.
- need a wallet.dat file on an extern usb-stick, this file must be outside my pc

Cool idea, very simple to implement, but sometimes developers are not thinking about this Smiley I can work at that myself if I have time to compile Datacoin-QT today.

Coins will be sent to everyone in ~10-20 minutes!

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
tubbyjr

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:35:09 AM

In regards to the "noob" post, an easy append to the client would be reinstating the mining button. It is understandable why it was removed from SHA-256 and Scrypt coins, but CPU PoW systems should have the system available, would make it more noob-friendly.
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 08:49:31 AM

In regards to the "noob" post, an easy append to the client would be reinstating the mining button. It is understandable why it was removed from SHA-256 and Scrypt coins, but CPU PoW systems should have the system available, would make it more noob-friendly.
Agree with you completely. I'll try to release 'noob-friendly' wallet soon Smiley

networthsigns

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:27:36 AM

1. Develop an advertising system which the user can advertise their product or website
2.Client joins the trading function real-time transaction

What do you mean, advertisements in DTC blockchain?

An offline synchronization, which is upgraded daily in some server in order to download it directly from the wallet. That would improve much faster.

I also thought about this, it always annoys me when I need to download 100MB file for an hour-two (with 6Mbit bandwidth)

All I think that you should have to add is an exchange and a converter. Thanks.

Value in USD can be seen here now: http://www.chainbrowser.com/datacoin/

I do not want to offend you with my comment, it is not my intention, but rather the opposite.
Many times we need ideas to keep the illusion and strength, but that usually does not let us see the weaknesses we have. You know better than anyone else what, it is good to stop and reflect, improve and let the ideas come to intución itself later. If you want to grow in the project, be patient. In my opinion this is the best idea .. Patience!

Nothing offensive here, we know weaknesses of our project and working hard to fix all of them. Smiley Ideas are for future, and also for independent developers who wants to create 'something' for Datacoin, but doesn't now what exactly to implement. This thread is, in fact, source for multiple startups.

Non related to coin development, but ideaas/apps related to data.
1. Award big bounty to anyone who can dedicate and come up with the next generation compression algorithm that compresses data more than the existing compression algorithms. For example, 7z, winzip for file compression, image compression, db compression etc., It takes time for developers to work. It will help fuel datacoins worldwide.
2. Ask people to come up with great internet technologies related to encryption, decryption, security and award them the coins.
3. Try to create dtc/usd exchange if possible.
4. Ask designers to pictorically explain or represent datacoins and award them.
5. Continue the brainstorm giveaway, read it atleast 2 times a day. Provide constructive feedback to every contributor. This will add good relationship to the community. Don't miss to offer atleast a coin to everyone responds you.
(1), (2) - need to think about it, (3) - we want to do this in not far future. (4) - it is in progress, here comes infographics and several simple articles for non-technical people - will be published today or tomorrow. (5) - of course. I read it several times a day, and always rewarding everyone for any idea, even very small one. Thanks for feedback!

we're working at that with our promoters.

Help! I'm a noob

Cool idea, very simple to implement, but sometimes developers are not thinking about this Smiley I can work at that myself if I have time to compile Datacoin-QT today.

Coins will be sent to everyone in ~10-20 minutes!

This is nice to see you are taking neat efforts for good promotion of coins. Thanks for reading my words and others too. Keep it going.

Good luck to your efforts.

Thanks. I received the giveaway. Cheers
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 11:09:33 AM

bump - we still need more ideas and still want to pay for them!  Cheesy

networthsigns

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:28:41 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 11:50:10 AM by networthsigns

Hi again,

1. I don't know about online wallets. Does datacoin have online wallet like blockchain?

2. If you want to giveaway more coins and wide spread, create an entity online/offline and ask users to submit issues - let others solve it. Pay to both seekers and givers initially. As datacoin is trading well, everyone gets decent amount of coins. Later, it can be extended for people to pay for the solutions, if the site matures well.

3. Hosting, Online storage. Provide yours or request existing providers to accepts dtc as means of payments.

4. Put a request to ecommerce payment gateway providers to include dtc to the existing payment options.

5. And if anyone responds to you and adopts dtc, offer some discounts or bonus to the business for every dtc payment they receive.

6. Many designers and developers, service providers stall a row in services section. Ask them to accept dtc too. Award some bonus for those who accepts dtc. List somewhere for those who have shown interest in accepting dtc payment.

Still thinking...  

Will join again.

Thanks.

Goodluck

nobodysbusiness

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:51:12 PM

DJ9sVv3hcCmhUHp7fwsML75XUFXoaZQ4tf

I'd like to see something on the DataCoin web-site about CPU-only coins and how it is that those coins can't (or can't easily) be mined by GPU. I unfortunately don't really understand the difference between CPU-mined coins and GPU coins.

Also, I don't see anything in the wallet program regarding the file upload. Perhaps the key feature of the coin would be more usable if a person could just use the QT GUI to select a file on their hard drive to upload.

Thanks!
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 01:57:55 PM

thanks

Dkulak, I don't think that it helps now.

I'd like to see something on the DataCoin web-site about CPU-only coins and how it is that those coins can't (or can't easily) be mined by GPU. I unfortunately don't really understand the difference between CPU-mined coins and GPU coins.

Also, I don't see anything in the wallet program regarding the file upload. Perhaps the key feature of the coin would be more usable if a person could just use the QT GUI to select a file on their hard drive to upload.

CPU-only means that there are [still] no GPU ports, or there exists port, but GPU is inprofitable comparing with CPU.

File upload will be added soon, I also told about it. I want to work at that maybe today or during weekend, if I am succeed at that, I'll post unofficial wallet with data transfer feature. Also you can go to https://krypte.net and test this feature online.

Dkulak

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:00:18 PM

What if you had someone compile a database or a website that had all links to DTC topics, forums, mining pools, prices, stats, and articles. Like a site where someone could go and it would have almost everything ever done on DTC so that if one wanted to research it they have it all in one place instead of scattered here and there. I know you have a forum but I am talking about a centralized database that talks about DTC and has most of the big articles and important links/facts on it.

maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 09:01:46 PM

What if you had someone compile a database or a website that had all links to DTC topics, forums, mining pools, prices, stats, and articles. Like a site where someone could go and it would have almost everything ever done on DTC so that if one wanted to research it they have it all in one place instead of scattered here and there. I know you have a forum but I am talking about a centralized database that talks about DTC and has most of the big articles and important links/facts on it.

I'll update main website with many many links soon.
By the way - some promotion is coming in several hours, be aware of that Wink

Irina83

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:32:26 AM

One could use the money to protect the type emule, torrent links, or any other that uses p2p.

Link datacoin certificate ....

D6sWPY8m6VEpk3vQLa4mTC5SiKWTcUoicp

Thanks

✪ Fortune favors, the brave! - Franko
Santi1972

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:08:22 AM

Medical security number and other personal data are usually numeric and very difficult to remember, so that they can get online with datacoin.

DPjZTsASfY8uCQw8gRaM2kuUFgsJwMuQRg

Thanks.

✪ Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 06:44:59 PM

Datacoins sent!
Medical certificates - it's easier to store its number than remember TX id Wink but you can write down necessary info to text file, encrypt it and send to Datacoin - so you'll need only one TX id to get all of it!

menzo

Activity: 196

CapriPay

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 07:28:17 PM

for promotion: fb page, twitter etc... Smiley
Advertising site like google adsense or google adword Smiley buy and sell ads Smiley
online store: like a vps, domains or online storage Smiley

DKYePgucdU2yB8SZD9Mr5a4efGqbSsXvk2

thanks Smiley

CapriPay - Fast, Secure and Easy
CapriPay is a Free Payment Solution Provider supported by an integrated cashback solution and merchant marketing system through FREE mobile applications.
starwater

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:35:35 AM

Not sure if it's already been posted, but maybe we can try getting existing filehosting services to accept DTC? Like maybe http://www.coinuploads.com/

DDSoMJVbshuMA1RYQ7WCBiKhPAEkf22o4c

Thanks!
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 08:35:25 AM

for promotion: fb page, twitter etc... Smiley
Advertising site like google adsense or google adword Smiley buy and sell ads Smiley
online store: like a vps, domains or online storage Smiley

We also have twitter and vk.com  (and reddit!) pages, adding to FB soon

Not sure if it's already been posted, but maybe we can try getting existing filehosting services to accept DTC? Like maybe http://www.coinuploads.com/

I didn't know about such service, thank you for suggestion!

Coins sent.

raspcoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:22:59 AM

Set up a Datacoin faucet. While faucets do not add much to the ecosystem, they are good at attracting new users. The faucet could be ran by donations from people who want to support Datacoin and its concept. I hope this coin will succeed, as it actually has a purpose (and so does its proof-of-work system, too!).

DCoQR41jS2dFJnhhNpsSs5Qj8TZFZAnU5n

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:07:35 PM

Thought about recent giveaways and the way Datacoin is going...

Cryptocoins generally lack any inner value, today their main purpose is speculation. Easy to see especially with many altcoins experiencing pump and dump schemes. Lots of people buy them hoping for bitcoin-like exponential growth. Datacoin is one of very few different. From initial thread:

Datacoin is intended to be reliable censorship-free data storage and a currency to pay for this storage. Money transfer isn't the first purpose of Datacoin.

Data storage is the inner purpose of DTC, giving Datacoin its inner value. BUT its inner value does not have to be equal to its price. While I appreciate giveaway and cryptsy “fight”, I think I see you are going every-other-coin-way here. I think you should not promote Datacoin in first place. You should focus all your efforts at Datacoin uses, services, etc. Build a user base around them. Make Datacoin not a target, but *just* a tool for people. That would reinforce its inertial value by making the coin itself simply useful. You should really make this coin a tool first and a coin second.

And – sorry to say that – I think that going the “Dogecoin-way” ( Smiley ), with giveaways, twitter, cryptsy and buzz, while may seem desirable on a short time frame, on a long way run may destroy the uniqueness if DTC would became too successful this way. With tool-first approach DTC price would depend on its usefulness and usefulness of all DTC-related ecosystem. DTC price cannot be too high. Don't get me wrong, theres still space to grow here, but it would be quite bound to a data storage function, and here price cannot rise above sanity levels. Additionally, function-bound price could be quite stable. Just these orders of magnitude jumps that would make all this speculation crowd happy would render Datacoin unusable, practically depleting it of its inner value.

Unless we imagine a dystopian future, where people are willing to pay many thousands of  dollars for every byte of decentralized redundant censorship-free storage...

maxsolnc - DTC addres is the same as is on github I showed to you at bounties thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=365049.msg4159290#msg4159290), that is: DMy7cMjzWycNUB4FWz2YJEmh8EET2XDvqz
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: