Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:32:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My BTC-E Account Hacked - *RESOLVED*  (Read 2765 times)
AndrewWilliams (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:31:20 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 07:09:48 PM by AndrewWilliams

I went to login to my email today and could not login.

I went to BTC-E fearing the worst and tried to login, and it keeps giving me the invalid login or password message. When I try to login to the support section it says invalid email or password.

All my info is correct. I created a support ticket and am waiting for a response.

I made a large deposit last week via bank wire that had not shown up as deposited yet and need this fixed ASAP!

Does anyone have a direct way to reach someone at BTCE? I already messaged  "btc-e.com" on this forum but no response yet.

EDIT: UPDATE

While the account is secure now, I cannot withdraw any coins or USD.... I've messaged support on Skype and through tickets for the last three days and have not had any response. I really need to be able to withdraw coins to be able to live up to trades and sells.

BTC-E please fix my account, thank you.

I will post updates here as they happen.

ToTheMoon1k

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:33:06 PM

I believe they have a Skype account that they watch over, if I remember correctly.  I will check
ToTheMoon1k

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:34:41 PM

Here is all the contact information.

Contacts:

@btcecom
 Icq - 610112128
 Skype - btc-e.support
 E-mail - support@btc-e.com
mvdheuvel1983

Activity: 1036
Merit: 370

Como es dios es amor

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:35:34 PM

Did you use two factor authentication?
AndrewWilliams (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:36:36 PM

Here is all the contact information.

Contacts:

@btcecom
 Icq - 610112128
 Skype - btc-e.support
 E-mail - support@btc-e.com

THANK YOU! I am skyping them as we speak. No response yet though! Sad
AndrewWilliams (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:08:20 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 12:50:25 AM by AndrewWilliams

Talking to them now.

I'm really pissed this happened. It might be someone on this forum who was looking to do a purchase and had my email address and did a brute force attack on it.

There is no other way. I do not download random files, and have latest anti-virus and anti-malware, which is always running. I am EXTREMELY careful with downloads.

UPDATE:

HACKER INFORMATION:

r33d**********@hushmail.com 106.187.90.158
20:17

btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 09:09:45 PM

I went to login to my email today and could not login.

I went to BTC-E fearing the worst and tried to login, and it keeps giving me the invalid login or password message. When I try to login to the support section it says invalid email or password.

All my info is correct. I created a support ticket and am waiting for a response.

I made a large deposit last week via bank wire that had not shown up as deposited yet and need this fixed ASAP!

Does anyone have a direct way to reach someone at BTCE? I already messaged  "btc-e.com" on this forum but no response yet.

Account blocked

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
AndrewWilliams (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:37:47 PM

FYI, the BTC-E support is helping me resolve the issue. Thanks.
AndrewWilliams (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:53:50 PM

No, but I am going to now (as much as I hate using a Google product)  Tongue

Misterate

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:02:36 PM

Any conclusion on this? I recently had the exact same issue, and they aren't doing much more than sending me logs of my logins.

They don't respond on skype either :/
AndrewWilliams (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:30:25 PM

While the account is secure now, I cannot withdraw any coins or USD.... I've messaged support on Skype and through tickets for the last three days and have not had any response. I really need to be able to withdraw coins to be able to live up to trades and sells.

btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 12:22:20 PM

Hi
Write the number of the ticket.

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:29:10 PM

No, but I am going to now (as much as I hate using a Google product)  Tongue

So you rather get hacked then use a Google product.   Tongue
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:53:30 PM

Did you get this resolved?
AndrewWilliams (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:07:01 PM

UPDATE: Issue was fixed about 4 days later of me writing the post.

I had to contact them via support tickets and Skype and used Google translate to communicate in English and Russian.

As far as the hacker goes, he had apparently traded with my account funds since he could not withdraw because of a freeze hold. He made me about $700  Grin
After support fixed my account he then sent me emails demanding that I forward him the $700 in BTC equivalent or he would hack me again. I called his bluff and told him to go away.  Cheesy
bitman128k

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:56:34 PM

That's great news to hear!

How long did it take you to get through to BTC-e on Skype?  I have contacted them in Russian but gotten nothing.

I have the same problem you had and have opened a support ticket, but as of 2 days all they have sent is a link to their news section on how to enable 2FA (which at this point is useless to me) and a list of login ip details.

I am really hoping that my case gets resolved happily also, but I am not confident it will.

TheFootMan

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:12:11 PM

I had to contact them via support tickets and Skype and used Google translate to communicate in English and Russian.

As far as the hacker goes, he had apparently traded with my account funds since he could not withdraw because of a freeze hold. He made me about $700  Grin
After support fixed my account he then sent me emails demanding that I forward him the $700 in BTC equivalent or he would hack me again. I called his bluff and told him to go away.  Cheesy

That's the best story I've ever heard. Just keep those funds. If the hacker is so good at trading, he should make his own account.
AndrewWilliams (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:39:22 AM

bitman128k, just keep at it and remember to use google translate to message them in Russian too, not just English.

TheFootMan, I'm glad too.  Wink
X68N

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:42:23 PM

hahaha, very good.
I would cash out the winnings and keep the rest for trading, so you "saved" a part.

greetings

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
Freebitcoins2014

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:05:20 PM

Holy Crap BTC-E really knows what they are doing. Watch out people I just got hacked and lost almost 5000 XPMS. Someone just gained access to my account and converted them all to BTC and withdrew them out bypassing all confirmations and security protocol. Now I have nothing and what are they going to do about it? Nadda! How could their be no successful login authorization email or confirmation email for the deposite? Seems like an internal operation. Watch out guys, my advise is to use another site, BTC-e will fuck you and take it all. Dont be a fool and use a different exchange!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: