Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding habit  (Read 631 times)
Wale777 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:53:52 PM

This is a call to all bounty hunters to refrain from the dumping habits they are known for. Can bounty hunters cultivate good holding habit and stop dumping their tokens immediately after distribution?
Why do bounty hunters dump tokens?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:05:45 PM

Actually they have no choice but to sell immediately the tokens/coins they've got from bounty campaigns. I will give you a scenario (This is just what I've learned from my fellas in our local telegram chat):

There was a bounty hunter and he needs money, He joins in different bounties and participate to every program in it such as Social Media, Signature, Telegram, etc.
After a while this bounty hunter earned his stakes and rewarded by token.

Now he wants to sell it immediately because he knows that some of the bounty hunters will sell that token immediately too and If he holds it for a long time
there's no assurance that the value of tokens that he have will increase and that's why he chooses to dump it.

The Bounty Hunters will not going to take risk by holding a token that will soon will decrease its value.

This is what according to my own perception and understanding about the conversation in gc. I think it's really true because I for one will not going to take risk a sure profit.
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 01:20:11 PM

This is a call to all bounty hunters to refrain from the dumping habits they are known for. Can bounty hunters cultivate good holding habit and stop dumping their tokens immediately after distribution?

Because usualy people who are doing bounty are not familiar with trading and market mechanisms.
Their aim is to earn something, that is it.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:20:37 PM

Most dumps been done by early contributors/closed presale participants that got rather generous discounts. This is a myth that price been dumped by bounty hunters. Most bounty pools have only 1-2% of sold tokens, only garbage projects can lose their value due to such small amount.
Limar0

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:21:38 PM

Actually they have no choice but to sell immediately the tokens/coins they've got from bounty campaigns. I will give you a scenario (This is just what I've learned from my fellas in our local telegram chat):

There was a bounty hunter and he needs money, He joins in different bounties and participate to every program in it such as Social Media, Signature, Telegram, etc.

Now he wants to sell it immediately because he knows that some of the bounty hunters will sell that token immediately too and If he holds it for a long time
there's no assurance that the value of tokens that he have will increase and that's why he chooses to dump it.

The Bounty Hunters will not going to take risk by holding a token that will soon will decrease its value.

This is what according to my own perception and understanding about the conversation in gc. I think it's really true because I for one will not going to take risk a sure profit.
At some point you are right.But as far as I know some of my friends regret for selling their tokens right after they got their shares from bounty campaign.Most of them suggests to hold the tokens a month or two before selling it for a better profit.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:23:58 PM

All adequate projects have only 2-3-5% of total tokens as a reward to bounty participants(exclude airdrops and etc.). When you see dump and you think that it was caused by bounty hunters - think again.
Some projects have huge private pre-sales Wink Real private, where public don't even know about their existence. And price of the token on these sales can be 1/5 or even 1/10.
It is the choice of every participant to sell or not to sell. Someone takes part in it to earn money, someone - to earn tokens Wink Not so many coins are worth holding, but if you choose the right bounty - bingo

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 01:24:59 PM

For some it is a tactic, and someone sells tokens / coins, because they do not believe in their prospects and wants to get involved in the campaign at least some money. Every month hundreds of tokens/coins are issued, but only a few have perspective. Now it is very difficult to guess it until the campaign is over.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:27:37 PM

Agree and I'm even recognizing some people in what you are saying.  Tongue

It is true a lot of time. But imho, an experienced bounty hunter will not go through that process.

If you've done it several times. Then you already saw the waste you made with some of the token going moon 2-3 month after you dumped.

And yeah i agree with what have been said later.

Most of the time bounties earnings only represent a small fraction of the whole token sale.

Bounty hunter sure do participate in dump. But you can't blame them for the whole thing Wink.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Joyeeta

Activity: 146
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:28:49 PM

well, some people get panic if price start to decrease hence they sale and miss out the future benefit. however sometimes it is also wise to sell your coin early if you figure the company would not able to keep up with whitepaper promises.

FuzeX
FUTURE PAYMENT | CRYPTOPAY | SIMPLE . SECURE . CLEVER (https://fuzex.co)
Raidzin

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:32:23 PM

Not everybody does. Now this happens because most ICO projects are full of slag, the value of whose tokens is lower than 3 times the declared value. And so hunters merge all that there is, that would then at all not to remain without money.
crypto-bit

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:34:41 PM

You cannot stop the bounty hunters to dump their bounty after they get,Its their choice and not yours,Thats why they called bounty hunters,To earn as much they can and they didn't care for the project as as they earn from it.Why they should hold their coins for the first place? They are not obliged on that.

I know some of the project are legit but some of them are not,Thats why it waste of time to hold their coins.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:39:49 PM

they sell it because they need money and mostly tokens price are low after it hit exchange and its price decrease everyday. each bounty hunters have their own situation. some do it for a living and some to earn extra money. not all sell their tokens but most of them sell it.
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:56:12 PM

Well, some bounty hunters should not be blamed for this. I have noticed that some are into bounty with the notion of getting just wages. Immediate they are paid their rewards in form of tokens, they quick sell if off, hoping to be paid another. I believe that whoever does not hold or investment, will quickly sell whatever he has to satisfy his immediate needs. Although, if they can be patient to hold, i a sure the result they will get afterwards, will encourage them to keep holding
adjiku

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:19:52 PM

Because usualy people who are doing bounty are not familiar with trading and market mechanisms.
Their aim is to earn something, that is it.

I agree with your opinion that many bounty hunters are unfamiliar with the trading and market mechanisms. Because of this token that has been produced with difficulty will be sold directly to the market by not predicting when the price will rise and when it will go down like a stock seller in the stock market
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:22:23 PM

If they just realize what they are missing then they will begin to hold, I can agree with what you are saying as I also starting to collect bounty rewards,
waiting for the progress of such project and allowing the tokens to grow in a natural ways, I'm sure the actual profits will be much bigger than dumping it
right away after receiving your shares, experience will allow those bounty hunters to hold and wait for their assets to grow bigger.
Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:26:53 PM

My personal experience when I get my gift immediately sells it because of our need for real money,
and if one's finances have stabilized then the likelihood of every prize hunter will save it and will
sell it at least for ICO. and all to each other, because one's finances are not all above average,
and that's probably the decision of the bounty hunters to always sell them when they get their prizes.
chits

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:29:19 PM

There are different reasons for this. Some needs money, some does not believe in crypto currency. After some time, most will understand that it is necessary to be a holder when they see how much they lost from dumping.
lucemferrum01

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 02:31:10 PM

I agree with you but I think they have another good idea for that tokens therefore they want to sell quickly the tokens after the distribution. Example the market value is high and they reserve that for another purpose, same like that. Holding tokens for a long term is a good decision but we need to understand their situation why they need to do that.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
kdiag

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:33:25 PM

I, on the contrary, regret that I did not sell my coins immediately after entering the exchange, because all these coins immediately lost in value and now they do not even try to grow...
duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:34:43 PM

I've lost a lot of value because I can't sell the tokens in time.70% of the tokens I get in the bounty campaign. Once you can't sell them in time, it may take a few months and they are worthless. Egas and fomo are good examples.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: