Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:15:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC-e scamming you?  (Read 19920 times)
utuxia

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:23:13 AM

PROTIP noobs. I've seen this guy all over TrollBOX on BTC-E and Cryptsy.

eMail is used to brute force your dumb ass security question of where do you Live and what color is your car (that your dumb ass posts to faceBook).

edit: mild social engineering skills and you're in the money. ya'll need jesus.

ya don't say. wait, you mean he can read my facebook page? I thought it was private!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ezipaint (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:26:08 AM

PROTIP noobs. I've seen this guy all over TrollBOX on BTC-E and Cryptsy.

eMail is used to brute force your dumb ass security question of where do you Live and what color is your car (that your dumb ass posts to faceBook).

edit: mild social engineering skills and you're in the money. ya'll need jesus.

On BTCe. Never visit cryptsy.

Any concerns - open a new disposable gmail account, and email me from there.

Can jesus get our money back? What's his phone number?
bitnpieces

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:38:09 AM

"Hi Everyone, we're getting a lot of interest in this post, and a lot of people emailing me.

Please - email me your name, date of deposit/withdrawal, amount, copy of SWIFT confirmation from your bank.

We need all this information to hand over to the authorities. Partial lots of information won't make it into our file.

Also, please help publicise this post.

If you've lost money, please get in touch!  -- btcewatcher@gmail.com."

Is this guy for real, you opened an account no time ago and start asking for details like this, to a Gmail account no less!

Obvious scammer

I've reported you hopefully no noobs do take your bait
blofeld69

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:38:28 AM

It seems problems arise when dealing with fiat. What about not withdrawing USD, just cryptos?
If I were to use BTC-e only for LTC/NMC into BTC, would I be able to transfer BTC out quickly without issues?

They have plans for ID requests for ALL withdrawals including ALT coins…..

of course they do, so they can duck dodge and hide behind the veil of bullshit they are creating to delay/lose payments
Domenic91

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:16:51 PM

Actually, why is the BTC/$ value on BTC-e so far below the BTC/$ value on MtGox?

The difference is about 200 $ at the moment.     

This question is interesting me, too.
I´ve tried btc-e.com for the first time yesterday.
It took over 18 hours the deposit some bitcoins, even after it was confirmed over 16 times.
But eventually everything worked.
But to buy alt-coins cryptsy is a little bit cheaper, isn't it?
Why is that?

Which one of the two do you prefer?

Sincerely,Domenic
blofeld69

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:27:58 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 12:45:42 PM by blofeld69

wish I could believe you Domenic, but anyone coming out in support of these scammers needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, especially as this is your first and only post

mr btc-e.com, who i know is a member on this board, and obviously reading this thread as it concerns your business, why are you so silent? why not come and defend your reputation, tell us who you are, where your offices are, your company details, all normal stuff that any company who reporting they are turning over so much money would have no problem providing unless.....ITS A SCAM

stop using these sock puppets its not fooling anyone anymore :-)
XBBlade

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:54:11 PM

wish I could believe you Domenic, but anyone coming out in support of these scammers needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, especially as this is your first and only post

mr btc-e.com, who i know is a member on this board, and obviously reading this thread as it concerns your business, why are you so silent? why not come and defend your reputation, tell us who you are, where your offices are, your company details, all normal stuff that any company who reporting they are turning over so much money would have no problem providing unless.....ITS A SCAM

stop using these sock puppets its not fooling anyone anymore :-)

If BTC-e can't be trusted, nothing can't be anymore and the Bitcoin will crash eventually.

I pray for BTC-e not to be scam, but you sound a bit paranoid thinking that BTC-e dude is watching this forum..
blofeld69

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:21:50 PM

oh yeah he is here all the time...in between sock puppets of course

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=33012
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 06:33:05 PM

It seems problems arise when dealing with fiat. What about not withdrawing USD, just cryptos?
If I were to use BTC-e only for LTC/NMC into BTC, would I be able to transfer BTC out quickly without issues?

They have plans for ID requests for ALL withdrawals including ALT coins…..

Thanks! I better avoid BTCe then, in case they request ID verification when i have cryptos stuck there
Cos no way am I going to send them my passport scan.
coindeck

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:45:45 PM

Send some BTC to btc-e two days ago and it still hasn't been credited to my account. A smaller transaction worked the same day.

The transaction which wasn't credited didn't include a transaction fee (by accident, bitcoin-qt simply didn't ask me for the first time). Anyway the transaction came through after a few hours and received almost 300 confirmations in the meantime. Up to now, nothing got credited to my account.

The support just ignores my ticket. Starts to make me little nervous, 0.5 BTC is alot for me. Undecided
Faince1985

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:10:32 PM

BTC-E has many complaints regarding things like that in the previous period. maybe they have an issue with there banking partners and software?

mitdrissia

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:22:14 PM

Wow,

i wanted to use them too but now i would think twice before i send my money to them. thanks

So which exchange sites are secure? mt gox, scryptsy?
invisibo

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:21:27 PM

I also miss my money since more than 15 days!!  Angry Huh Angry
I did write them many times, but get no answere!

One more think makes me feel strange, i saw they use chat-bots to manipulate
the market there! I mean that some user manipulate the chat, ok! - but the admin`s!?!
Thats realy not ok and just show the way they are!

I realy feel worry about my money! If btc-e read this, please contact me to solve this Problem!

Lizard

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:49:08 PM

BTC-e stole GBP1500 from me after I made a deposit via SEPA.
stormlighter

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:55:26 PM

BE AWARE OF POSSIBLE SCAMMER WITH MULTIPLE SUCKPUPPETS
BTCNations

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:04:54 PM

I had problems with btc-e withdrawing funds, but it resolved in 4 days.
Gress

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:25:27 PM

But all sites are asking for ID and utility bill

I have not found any sote that doesnt
coindeck

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:07:57 PM

Send some BTC to btc-e two days ago and it still hasn't been credited to my account. A smaller transaction worked the same day.

The transaction which wasn't credited didn't include a transaction fee (by accident, bitcoin-qt simply didn't ask me for the first time). Anyway the transaction came through after a few hours and received almost 300 confirmations in the meantime. Up to now, nothing got credited to my account.

The support just ignores my ticket. Starts to make me little nervous, 0.5 BTC is alot for me. Undecided
btc-e resolved my issue a few minutes ago. My BTC was funded.
palomint

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:09:45 PM

Want easy conversion to BTC?  The Mt. Gox hoops and btc-e delay stories scare me.  Coinbase is in the US, and seems to be the easiest.  Just cashed out 0.5BTC, they say it will be in my account on Monday.  It's my first transaction with them, so who knows, maybe it will all go to crap.
cashnone

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:54:02 PM

I sent them $60,000+ on the 25th. I have not had any holds on my account, I finally got a support ticket answered yesterday  saying,

Hello! Your credentials are accepted. After checking by our finance department, your account will be unhold automatically.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION.The time of verification of documents takes 5 days. During the time of a check, questions are not accepted, and ticket will be closed automatically. We hope for your understanding.

Здpaвcтвyйтe! Baши дoкyмeнты пpиняты. Пocлe пpoвepки нaшим финaнcoвым oтдeлoм вaш aккayнт бyдeт paзмopoжeн aвтoмaтичecки.

BAЖHO! Bpeмя пpoвepки дoкyмeнтoв зaнимaeт 5 днeй. Boпpocы в тeчeнии вpeмeни пpoвepки нe пpинимaютcя и вaш тикeт бyдeт зaкpыт aвтoмaтичecки ! Haдeeмcя нa вaшe пoнимaниe.

Now I can't submit any more tickets, the option isnt there... I will let you guys know if it gets credited.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: