Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:49:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC-e scamming you?  (Read 19920 times)
feebs

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:37:31 AM

give a thought to this

"one day"

"the site goes blank"

"and it never comes back again"

i observe accountability is missing a lot - coindesk.com says the owners wishes to remain anonymous = no accountability

reputation is sketchy

btc-e introduced okpay to me and i lost $2000 to okpay a scammer company 30+ days already and my money still not credited, okapy not answering - i consider myself scammed

how did btc-e introduce okpay to me? - it's an option fund my btc-e account with the lowest commission

thanks so very much btc-e, because of you, i use okpay, now i lost my $2k from this scammer company

be warned, go to mtgox and okpay is there too
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kaliso2013

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:48:24 AM

so support is not in touch with you at all ? because thats whats happenening to me they dont even try to locate anyth ..they just dont answer at all ...in your case they are at least in touch with you ?
YES

i consider myself scammed of my $2000

i opened a btc-e account, saw okpay as the lowest cost option to fund my account (big mistake) so i used okpay, opened an okpay account, then i sent my wire transfer of $2000 - that was 30 days ago as of this writing, i still do not have my money

i repeatedly asked about my wire transfer where it is what is the status i got 2 vague responses that their finance dept is checking.....etc.. not telling me anything concrete, okpay have since stopped answering my support tickets, their tel. no. is an answering machine, their address in british virgin island - out of reach for a scammed customer like me

i posted complaints in forum.okpay.com and they immediately delete my complaints, so are other old complaints i read before i place my complaint, they cleaned up their forum from any complaints every hour i think since i place a post there

now having experienced okpay, i ask a question, why is it an option in btc-e, this scammer company an option to deposit in btc-e, then i stumbled today on this article http://www.coindesk.com/btc-e-exchange-banking-issues/

this article basically tells me to give up already on my money its gone

now for additional info based on my small experience on bitcoin - okpay is used by both btc-e.com and mtgox.com

i'm surprise this scammer company okpay used by mtgox as an option to deposit

i also noticed mywot.com is easily manipulated by the army of okpay to give okpay a green color when you use mywot - mywot is useless if you want to check the reputation of companies like okpay

probably after a few months, okpay will change their name, since its army cannot fix anymore all the negative post out there
feebs

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:55:35 PM

that is why i now consider myself scammed by okpay

they were quick to reply to inquiries, but when i sent my wire, that's it, they just said "we will check something, something is not right, etc..." that was 20+ days ago

i sent my money by wire 30+ days ago

i did many things including posting in forum.okpay.com and they immediately deleted my post, in fact their forum was very clean last time i checked, they delete all negative comments there

someone need to report this company to the london police anti fraud unit, their phone no. is a london phone no.

their address is a po box in the british virgin islands

suing this bastards will not do it

the police should interfere with okpay

and why is okpay an option in btc-e and mtgox?  it was practically btc-e who introduced okpay to me since its an option there to fund accounts

now i have $2000 lost because of btc-e giving me the option to use okpay - the lowest commission cost to send money to btc-e
streetlight

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:19:22 PM

Recently, we started to receive  claims because of the long-time credit of funds transferred by SEPA / WireTransfer. The main problem is that some of our clients have a negligent attitude to the control of the field Details of Payment. As the result it takes an additional time to find your money. Please, make sure, that  the information Details of Payment is always present in the document of transfer, do not shorten it, don not  use your account username.

Please can you check my ticket...

Been over a week waiting for the funds....

View Ticket: #CSR-332-41726
descom

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:49:58 AM

Recently, we started to receive  claims because of the long-time credit of funds transferred by SEPA / WireTransfer. The main problem is that some of our clients have a negligent attitude to the control of the field Details of Payment. As the result it takes an additional time to find your money. Please, make sure, that  the information Details of Payment is always present in the document of transfer, do not shorten it, don not  use your account username.

i had resubmit the swift record from bank , please recheck for it, This is my ticket number WNM-914-53128. Thanks in advance.
Cefalu

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:33:43 AM

i had resubmit the swift record from bank , please recheck for it, This is my ticket number WNM-914-53128. Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------------------
Everyone who is experiencing problems with BTC-e:
-------------------------------------------------

Don't just complain, work to LOWER their trust.
They are selectively scamming,
not everyone who sends money gets the run-around,
the requests for validation docs and SWIFT records
and closed or dropped unresolved support tickets.

These BTC-e guys seem to be running a semi-Ponzi with our money.
Which explains the low prices- their price discrepancy is the hook to lure new money.

Read the last few pages of posts here, you will likely see some familiar stories:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.0;all
and, here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347946.0;all
and here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=351118.0;all

and probably many more places, like here:
http://www.coindesk.com/btc-e-exchange-banking-issues/

and on reddit.

When you come to a point where you feel they have screwed you around enough,
help the rest of us who share your fate to warn others.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=33012

Enter details, timespans since you initially sent your money or
had your account locked for no good reason etc.,
amounts, how you are being treated.

You may note that their trust level resides in negative numbers and is RED.
WE are the reason for that. Increase the distrust.

Then go drop an email to news at coindesk and genesis block and any other online
crypto-newsline you like to read. They began to respond when coindesk
published last week... yet still it goes on.

By lowering their trust rating here you are warning others NOT to deposit
with them. Perhaps the reduction of new money coming in will allow them to
spend some time TREATING THEIR EXISTING CUSTOMERS PROPERLY...and raise
their pricing in line w/ the other exchanges.

They will likely credit you, EVENTUALLY.
After they have used your money to keep prices artificially low
and made money off of your money for a while.
When and if they do right by you, revisit these forums to post a comment
now and then re: how things were resolved.
Don't just drop communication because YOU GOT YOUR situation ironed out after a month,
help the newer people understand what is going on.

Ultimately, we don't want BTC-e to close, we want these guys to run a clean exchange
and lowering their reputation seems to be the only way we can have an effect on them.
They provide a useful service, but others are barking at their heels -
if BTC-e cannot figure out how to run a completely reputable operation they will soon be replaced.
jpharneyllc

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:46:33 PM

I've lost $3500 to BTCe.

Have sent a number of wires to them previously with no problem. Now, it's been over 3 weeks with no deposit in my account after sending them money. I have contacted Mayzus Financial Services (Bank Payee for international wires), and they confirm that BTCe has been credited with my deposit.

BTCe refuse to respond to a support ticket raised 2 weeks ago.

I know of at least 10 other people who have not received money from either deposits or withdrawals from BTCe. Over US$70,000 between 3 people whose amounts I know.

I propose, we band together, get as many details for each person: Name date of deposit/withdrawal, amount, copy of SWIFT confirmation from your bank and take it to UK authorities. While BTCe is a Bulgarian company, their banking agent is UK based, so that would be a good place to start.

If you've lost money, please get in touch!  -- btcewatcher@gmail.com

If your're a US citizen, consider: http://www.ic3.gov/faq/default.aspx

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

• Q: Can I file a complaint if I am a citizen of the United States but have been victimized by an individual or company outside of the United States?
    If one of the two parties involved is located within the United States, please feel free to file a complaint.
Did you ever get your money?? I registered here and started a post about it today..(BTC-e wire transfers--Warning , DO NOT TRY THIS!!)..
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:31:48 AM

Ticket ID    #CTG-718-27390

Confirmed e-mail updated on 09/12/2013 - #173697270 Re-send email requested on 11/12/2013 - NO EMAIL RECEIVED!

Transaction cancelled    #173697270    -501.994 XPM    Withdrawal XPM to address AKYt8NaJ5mjipty69hSTBrqYAm23mewroa    30.11.13
20:36:17    disabled

NO EMAIL BUT COINS RETURNED 12/12/13

Second attempt at withdrawing 1.1 XPM is similarly held up with 'A letter with further instructions sent to your email'

AND NO MAIL.....
viewpl

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:27:17 AM

I have also the problem!
I know the dodgy of deposit to btc-e so I firstly tried $6000+ and it's successfully being in my account the next day.
So I trusted it more then sent another large amount $17000+. But this time it has been nearly 48 hours it still doesn't appear to my account.
The first deposit resulted in money hold, 700 hours, counted down a bit when I sent the second one. I noticed the next day of the second deposit, the money hold hours was reset to 700 hours again, that means the money has arrived there but just being hidden for unknown reason!

In addition, I created a ticket and sent my id utility docs immediately when I saw the money hold first time.
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:18:51 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 03:13:44 PM by edgar

How long are we supposed to wait for 'confirmation e-mails?

Support tickets are now replied automatically explaining that CONFIRMED email is NOT CONFIRMED & to 'check spam folder' for non existent confirmation mail!

This is beginning to seem like a wild goose chase!

btc-e.support (thailand) on skype is more interested in gaining private email addresses and or phone numbers than getting this confirmation mail sent.

[21:08:46] b: Hi btc-e_support, I'd like to add you as a contact. b
[21:09:09] *** btc-e.support has shared contact details with b. ***
[21:09:44] b: hello. are you able to help with withdrawal issues?
[21:11:04] btc-e.support: your problem
[21:11:20] b: no confirmation email - i have tried many times
[21:11:38] btc-e.support: Send me the following information:
Your problem:
ID btc-e
email:
Email Password:
Ticket number:
Your country:
Account Transfer time:
Bank name:
Transfer amount:
Customer segment our review and resolve help you.
[21:12:27] b: no bank, only withdraw cryptocoins - why would you need my email password?
[21:13:28] btc-e.support: It is required of Direct Support.
[21:14:27] b: required for what purpose?
[21:15:18] btc-e.support: So that we can prove accurate account is yours.
[21:16:06] b: my btc-e ID is edgar. My problem is no confirmation email is arrived. all i require is an confirmation email, are you able to provide this?
[21:16:16] btc-e.support: After verifying correct. We will solve your problem.
[21:16:58] b: you do not need my email password to solve this problem. you already have my email address.
[21:17:01] btc-e.support: Please note the information we request.
[21:18:18] btc-e.support: What your email data. Can change to another email.
[21:19:27] b: why do i need to chnage email? the support mails arrive ok, why not the withdraw confirmation mail?
[21:20:58] btc-e.support: Please help us validate it. Then we can solve new problems collecting your question.
[21:21:38] b: that makes no sense. if support emails arrive, why do confirmation mails not arrive?
[21:23:09] btc-e.support: we are investigating these accounts having some doubts.
[21:23:35] b: which accounts? i have only 1 account.
[21:25:09] btc-e.support: Therefore verification requests. Please provide full information if you want to solve problems early.
[21:26:33] b: my email password is not of any legitimate use to you. you have my email address, you have my account name.
[21:27:38] btc-e.support: ok you can wait if you do not wish to provide information
[21:27:48] b: wait until what?
[21:28:19] b: i have been waiting since 2nd december
[21:28:40] btc-e.support: I am solely responsible for the information requested. The certification and solve problems are caused by customer segment.
[21:29:07] b: my email is confirmed on the site
[21:29:20] b: what else could be a problem?
[21:31:04] btc-e.support: It is asking customers and department management.
[21:32:04] b: all i want is the confirmation email sent, are you able to provide this witout my private email password?
[21:32:36] btc-e.support: You could offer to resolve them or wait.
[21:32:58] b: resolve what?

wait for what?
[21:33:10] btc-e.support: I am not responsible for this problem is the customer segment
[21:33:33] b: can u provide their details that i might contact them directly
[21:34:34] btc-e.support: There is only 1 recruit support in skype
[21:35:08] btc-e.support: You can expect after your account is verified.
[21:35:27] btc-e.support: Can a few weeks
[21:36:19] b: im afraid i do not understand what you are saying. my account is confirmed since months. i have not had this problem before. and it seems i am not the only person with the same concern
[21:36:40] b: why would any email take a few weeks?
[21:37:51] btc-e.support: there are many accounts as you have a situation
[21:38:07] b: yes. but my E-Mail: (confirmed)
[21:38:16] btc-e.support: and we need time to solve it.
[21:38:19] b: so why the hold up now?
[21:38:51] btc-e.support: where you come from.
[21:39:47] b: Europe. does this help with sending a confirmation email?
[21:40:47] btc-e.support: if you want fast processor Can our headquarters in Russia
[21:41:14] b: email? telephone? visit?
[21:42:07] btc-e.support: to meet in the center and provides general information
[21:42:38] b: general information will never include private password/s
[21:43:14] b: how to contact 'head' office?
[21:43:23] btc-e.support: We ask that all information I have told you
[21:44:09] btc-e.support: wait. Give us your phone number.
[21:44:38] btc-e.support: customer segment will contact you and provide time and location
[21:44:45] b: i dont think you are the right person to help me
[21:45:35] btc-e.support: parts our customers will help you

unimpressed doesn't come close!
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 01:17:52 PM

How long are we supposed to wait for 'confirmation e-mails?

I usually get them within the hour.

edgar
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:18:34 AM

PM'd again while;
btc-e.com

Activity: 910

610112128 http://btc-e.com http://btc-e.com
View Profile WWW Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Ignore

now awaiting a response.

9 minutes later -

btc-e.com

Activity: 910

610112128 http://btc-e.com http://btc-e.com
View Profile WWW Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Ignore
JumpingLimaBean

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:40:42 AM

No its pretty big wouldn't say its scamming much
viewpl

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:31:39 PM

I have also the problem!
I know the dodgy of deposit to btc-e so I firstly tried $6000+ and it's successfully being in my account the next day.
So I trusted it more then sent another large amount $17000+. But this time it has been nearly 48 hours it still doesn't appear to my account.
The first deposit resulted in money hold, 700 hours, counted down a bit when I sent the second one. I noticed the next day of the second deposit, the money hold hours was reset to 700 hours again, that means the money has arrived there but just being hidden for unknown reason!

In addition, I created a ticket and sent my id utility docs immediately when I saw the money hold first time.

My problem seems solved, appeared at amount, just being on hold right now.
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:44:05 AM

my problem is not sorted!

How do i withdraw BTC when a confirmation email is required but NEVER arrives?
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:50:12 AM

ive been trading on btc-e, i like it a lot. no problems so far. Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
russellthies

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:58:34 AM

I've had some trades with BTC-e, but mostly crypto currency.  I did wire about $900 that showed up with no problem.  However, the inconsistencies are a real red flag.  I believe I may think twice before I let too much reside there.
xtreme1280

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:13:23 AM

I haven't had any issues with them either.
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:55:14 AM

Several more days passed with no useful support.

Coins are still stuck in BTCe

resend email, check junk mail, try again is all the autoreply bots are programmed to say...
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:15:56 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2017, 04:31:52 PM by studio1one

Posted this in another BTC-E thread but will post in here too

As someone brand new to this forum (but not BTC) my post well may be taken with a pinch of salt. I can accept that, however I need to get this out there and tell people. Shame I can only post in this section.

I had some BTC taken from my BTC-E account. Had been out walking my dogs, came back and checked my email to see a succesful authorisation notification. Also a few seconds later a transaction confirm / cancel email had come through. Logged in to try and cancel the transaction but was too late, it had already gone.

Looked at my BTC-E account and my funds held in USD had been converted to BTC and transferred out to an anonymous wallet. Checked the log in IP and it was in the US (I am in UK), although this means very little -- obviously they could have been anywhere.

Thankfully I only had around 0.2 BTC in there.

My money was transferred to the following wallet

Who, how or why this happened I have no idea. I have larger amounts of BTC in Stamp with no problem, I regularly scan my PC with Malware Bytes and Combofix.

Firmly believe I have no key logger or malware that could have compromised me locally.

I had only been signed up to BTC-E for around 3 days as I use Stamp. Did not have a key set up, as it was just a quick test of their services.

As I say, I fully expect this to be taken with a pinch of salt. It's my first post but I have nothing to gain from passing this info on, other than warning others about it.

oh.......

and don't even get me started on that troll box.

BINTEX