Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:51:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does the bible say about Bitcoin?  (Read 18364 times)
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:50:24 AM

The Bible says nothing about Bitcoin. It would be a hell of a lot more impressive if it did.

How's this?

Quote from: Rev 13:16 NIV
16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e] That number is 666.

Keeping people from buying and selling was nearly impossible in Bible days, but we see it now with Visa, Mastercard and PayPal blocking whoever they don't like.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:57:56 AM

Quote from: Rev 13:16 NIV
16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
Keeping people from buying and selling was nearly impossible in Bible days, but we see it now with Visa, Mastercard and PayPal blocking whoever they don't like.

I've got to say, you're stretching the limits of imagination trying to squeeze that conclusion out of that verse.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:51:17 PM

United? Or for reducing environmental impacts?
liexel

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:02:23 PM

solomon would probably own some bitcoins
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:06:21 PM

This thread made me realise...
What if the common American discovers bitcoin (i.e. god fearing hypocrites)
Wouldn't they be strongly against it? As it's "un-American"... Fox news will tell them bitcoin is communist or something.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:26:33 PM

Wouldn't they be strongly against it? As it's "un-American"... Fox news will tell them bitcoin is communist or something.

I think that the situation will eventually require some whale to donate some btc to church/media/politicians to let them discover the happiness of watching them growth. It should work great  Smiley

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
altoz

Activity: 78
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:44:24 PM

Because, of course, the "common American" just listens to what Fox news says.  Roll Eyes

Please stop with the elitism, there are lots of "common Americans" here already.
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:07:04 PM

If you have any problem with it donate it. Simple as that. Give it away to someone who needs it. There is surely no sin in that. Other that that there is nothing in the bible about that just like there is nothing about computers.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:10:12 PM

I think that the situation will eventually require some whale to donate some btc to church/media/politicians to let them discover the happiness of watching them growth. It should work great  Smiley

There are already a couple of churches and missions that accept bitcoin donations.  Google is your friend.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:45:04 PM

If you have any problem with it donate it. Simple as that. Give it away to someone who needs it. There is surely no sin in that. Other that that there is nothing in the bible about that just like there is nothing about computers.

I don't know... Sometimes, when fire rains from the sky, I feel like God overclocked his computer too much. <_<
vpitcher07

Activity: 342

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:49:13 PM

jesus would totally mine bitcoin and he'd definitely claim that BFL is the devil.

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:38:50 PM

Because, of course, the "common American" just listens to what Fox news says.  Roll Eyes

Please stop with the elitism, there are lots of "common Americans" here already.

How bitcoin, fox news and god can be placed in the same context is beyond me...

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 11:43:46 PM

The Bible says nothing about Bitcoin. It would be a hell of a lot more impressive if it did.

LOL nothing in this thread will ever top this.

Bitkwein  Shocked

Bitcoin in the Holy Bible - The Book of Daniel - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167960

I'm an agnostic - "We know its a true story because we made it up ourselves ?"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=206630.0   Roll Eyes

Does anyone here believe in Keyser Söze ?

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:10:07 AM

This always cracks me up when it comes to the bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3g6mXLEKk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:25:05 AM

This always cracks me up when it comes to the bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3g6mXLEKk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If a tree fell in the forest, no one heard or saw it, and it decomposed and disappeared, did it exist?

If God only saw it, did it exist?

According to the Bible, those who are unable to comprehend what I just wrote are supposed to be ignorant of the fact that the universe is composed of infinitely many incomplete, thus inconsistent perceptions.

You were supposed to learn something from the inconsistencies and solve the puzzle.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
FlappySocks

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:35:33 AM

According to the Bible, those who are unable to comprehend what I just wrote are supposed to be ignorant of the fact that the universe is composed of infinitely many incomplete, thus inconsistent perceptions.

Infinite perceptions? Cant be proved.

The only thing anyone can say for sure, is that there is only one. Yours.
btchaver

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:51:33 AM

Bible says 666  the devil and the mark of the beast!  new world order.  last book the book of revelations.  i always read the first page when i was a kid and the last page and truly there is a beggining and an ending.  then end is not good the begining is beatiful and awesome.  so thats how it goes and most things written in the bible are 100% true but if you use them to decipher bad things then you might not be so succesful because the bible is a good thing and bitcoin is not exactly gods creation lets be real your mixing god with bitcoin.
FlappySocks

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:55:32 AM

the bible is a good thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7P7uZFf5o

Grin
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:58:49 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 12:11:39 PM by AnonyMint

Infinite perceptions number of perceptions? Cant be proved.

The only thing anyone can say for sure, is that there is only one. Yours.

Already proved. What is proved is that global consistency doesn't exist without infinite samples, so either it doesn't exist or infinite samples must exist. In either case, it supports my prior rebuttal.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:06:38 PM

2 Kings 18:27

But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: