Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: who bought bitmain Z9 will face a big issues now  (Read 4064 times)
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:42:02 AM

GPU will not survive going forward especially since asics keep winning more and more market share from GPU. They have already won the biggest algo, that is ethereum. That alone means GPU is the past. U should consider selling your GPUs.

If ASICs "won" ETH, explain to me why I still mine ETH with GPUs and do not plan exchanging them with E3s?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Swayzeee

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:19:30 AM

I think its comical to listen to GPU fan boys cling to this statement of ultimate decentralization through gpus Undecided. This is like a fairy tale dream that is just not reality.  ???It will never happen.
Asics are evolution at its finest. If you have been mining since 2011 you would understand the path of all coins (CPU, GPU, FPGA, ASICs). Altcoins are now in between FPGA/Asics. If you haven't figured that out I feel bad for you keep buying more gtx 1070 ti's at $750 a pop.
The very nature that people think GPU's are so elusive from manipulation and full of little man is just dumb. The records probably show vast majority of GPUs mining are part of big farms. 500-1000GPUs+

And at the end of the day you all should want a more efficient system and that is not coming from gpus. Cool You don't need to draw the power of the entire southern united states to mine some alt coins. So i say keep building them more efficient and let technological evolution takes its course.

And before you come back with some comment that is not well thought out..........

My opinion is coming from a guy "who had" a 500+Gpu farm in december.  Tongue

Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:33:13 AM

GPU will not survive going forward especially since asics keep winning more and more market share from GPU. They have already won the biggest algo, that is ethereum. That alone means GPU is the past. U should consider selling your GPUs.

If ASICs "won" ETH, explain to me why I still mine ETH with GPUs and do not plan exchanging them with E3s?

Because bitmain has mercifully (and to maximise profit), decided to sell their E3 at 2100usd instead of 800 usd. That and the E3 batches have not shipped yet in July. Make a guess wat would happen if E3 gets sold en masse? Eth difficulty goes through the roof. GPU miners move from eth to all other non-asic coins. GPU becomes unprofitable.

The worst case theory is that asics take over ALL ALGOS. Does anyone know how many algos there are?

Because alot of asics come out these days, is about 1 new asic a month at the moment. And yes those asics were made earlier. Still, 1 algo ever 1.5-2months is pretty fast. Eventually all algos will have asics. GPU holders would feel "forked up" Roll Eyes lol

Selling your GPU now might be the best decision of your crypto mining life buddy, especially if selling means u ROI.
U gotta sell when things shift. The biggest winners are those who sold their S9s in the December craze for like 5k USD on ebay LOL.

Most importantly, since ethereum is about 64% of all mining, if E3 price drops drastically or ETH goes POS, it is over for GPU mining definitely.

P.S> We CAN agree to disagree if u disagree with me. I dont want a long argument though.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
yvmen

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:30:29 AM

I found very interesting ppl are arguing over decentralize and centralized , when coin mine by asic = centralized , but what you guy didnt think of it , if the dev shut it down or anything , they can fork whenever they want ? arent those centralized as well ? it still a math game over it . Even looking at monero fork nowsday i m looking for X3 to buy just to mine monero classics due to  the grow of monero fork future monero classic will work something better .

I own 500gpu farm as well but even alot fork from equihash i still find it with whatever Z9 can mine with it still will be something profitable i guess
and we all know miner have no loyalty throughout the process , and i see DCR move into Asic nowsday and i still see it grow and nothing much happen still maintain develop still going on
even currently with my Gpu i dont mined ETHash or Equiahash family tree due to power consumption is too high it does spoil ur card faster.
i m still able to find different algo to mine cause till end of the day miner no matter in what form Asic or Gpu mining is about how long u can keep the coin that is where you profit

So dont hate the world evolve  in a way you dont like it

Just my 2 cent

Yvmen
chup

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:41:28 AM

Because bitmain has mercifully (and to maximise profit), decided to sell their E3 at 2100usd instead of 800 usd. That and the E3 batches have not shipped yet in July. Make a guess wat would happen if E3 gets sold en masse? Eth difficulty goes through the roof. GPU miners move from eth to all other non-asic coins. GPU becomes unprofitable.

The worst case theory is that asics take over ALL ALGOS. Does anyone know how many algos there are?

Because alot of asics come out these days, is about 1 new asic a month at the moment. And yes those asics were made earlier. Still, 1 algo ever 1.5-2months is pretty fast. Eventually all algos will have asics. GPU holders would feel "forked up" Roll Eyes lol

Selling your GPU now might be the best decision of your crypto mining life buddy, especially if selling means u ROI.
U gotta sell when things shift. The biggest winners are those who sold their S9s in the December craze for like 5k USD on ebay LOL.

Most importantly, since ethereum is about 64% of all mining, if E3 price drops drastically or ETH goes POS, it is over for GPU mining definitely.

P.S> We CAN agree to disagree if u disagree with me. I dont want a long argument though.

If You do Your investments based on hypothetical situations out of economical sense, continue doing so. Not me. I witnessed and participated in number of shifts in crypto mining and from experience I can tell You that easiest way of making wrong investment is ASICs purchase. As You just said - like those "shifting" to S9 in December...

chup

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:45:47 AM

I found very interesting ppl are arguing over decentralize and centralized , when coin mine by asic = centralized , but what you guy didnt think of it , if the dev shut it down or anything , they can fork whenever they want ? arent those centralized as well ? it still a math game over it . Even looking at monero fork nowsday i m looking for X3 to buy just to mine monero classics due to  the grow of monero fork future monero classic will work something better .

I own 500gpu farm as well but even alot fork from equihash i still find it with whatever Z9 can mine with it still will be something profitable i guess
and we all know miner have no loyalty throughout the process , and i see DCR move into Asic nowsday and i still see it grow and nothing much happen still maintain develop still going on
even currently with my Gpu i dont mined ETHash or Equiahash family tree due to power consumption is too high it does spoil ur card faster.
i m still able to find different algo to mine cause till end of the day miner no matter in what form Asic or Gpu mining is about how long u can keep the coin that is where you profit

So dont hate the world evolve  in a way you dont like it

Just my 2 cent

Yvmen

Well Your "2 cents" would be 3 if You mined most profitable algos with "500 gpus"...

tomwrx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 10:07:56 AM

Bitcoin Gold, safe coin, bitcoinZ and others already announced that they will fork to stop the Z9 from mining their coin

https://twitter.com/SafeCoins/status/992171992915808258

https://twitter.com/bitcoingold/status/992085020142723073

https://twitter.com/BitcoinZTeam/status/992071199168630784

i am sure that bitcoin private and Zcash will follow this

lets see what will happen now

good i hope the fuckers that bought these units 5 , 6 - 10 plus get fucked in the ass lol

Totally agree. They never learn Cheesy

ALQO - A Decentralized, All-in-One Financial And Cloud Services Ecosystem.

https://alqo.app/
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:19:37 AM

Didnt zcash dev already said that he doesnt care about  asics and that its to much hustle for him to do anything about it because he thinks thats the fight without chances to win Undecided Also add zencash on the list of coins that plan to fight asics,also anyone have idea how much % of all equihash hash zec takes?

It's easy to understand i think.

Zcash win 20% reward for each block, of course they don't care about ASIC or GPU, the most important for them it's MONEY, nothing more.
That's a pretext "fight without chances to win", Monero has proved they can fight for now against ASIC.

If it's really hard in the futur they can fork for a new algorithm like X16 or Lyra2z.

Yes this is true but they also don't want a coin which has 80% of its hash power by one company.

I think the developer said that back when there were nothing but rumors over an ZEC a Asic.

Now they the product exists and with its low power draw could be a threat. They might fork with their next software update.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:57:56 PM

Here’s how to make the most money with the new Z9... buy now @ $2000 and sell on eBay for $2500.  $500 instant profit before you even take delivery!
ltcsprite

Merit: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:14:14 PM

Here’s how to make the most money with the new Z9... buy now @ $2000 and sell on eBay for $2500.  $500 instant profit before you even take delivery!

Minus $300+ in ebay fees/paypal fees

lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:22:06 PM

Why should they be in trouble its not like zec will fork to combat asics,their dev team gets 20% from it anyway(and probably some more aside from bitmain)?I am guessing that at least 1/3 of total zec network hash already is coming from asics
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:34:06 PM

If You do Your investments based on hypothetical situations out of economical sense, continue doing so. Not me. I witnessed and participated in number of shifts in crypto mining and from experience I can tell You that easiest way of making wrong investment is ASICs purchase. As You just said - like those "shifting" to S9 in December...

Is not hypothetical. It is economix sense. Gpu mining is losing market share to asics and will continue to do so.
It is dead obvious that gpu mining is at the mercy of the antminer E3.

Zec and btcgold used to belong to gpu.
Asics owns zec now. Btcgold will belong to gpu upon fork...for now only

These asic manufacturers are too good at coming up with new asics. It is a matter if time before they take over more algos and a bigger share of eth algo. There will be little left for gpu to mine.....and low low profits

Major coins sia eth decred zec got taken down this year so far. Lets see who comes next.

Furthermore, big asic manufacturers are super rich from last years boom. I wont be surprised if they go for more share.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Mrsmoker

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:30:40 PM

All asics fanboy can argue with all their clever look handsome words. But in fact, old cryptonight coin continue losing value everyday while fork coin have steady rise. They just want your money, they dont care if you profit or not. Even if you make profit, they dont care. Or worse, the whole cryptoworld is down, they simply dont care. They already got your money.

Calling asics embrace is simply ignorant.
Riptide_NVN

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:39:33 PM

Assuming there is no fork and GPU miners are forced out.  ASIC is very profitable in the short term.  Then the same arms race that everyone is engaged in continues.  Difficulty goes through the roof and profitability drops through the floor.  A new ASIC comes out after they've mined with it for months in advance, they sell it to you, and the cycle continues.  Wash/rinse/repeat.  This type of cycle is not as extreme with GPUs since the performance differential between generations is not typically as significant.

Aside from the centralization debate.  For those of us who do this partly as a hobby GPUs are superior.  Putting rigs together and tinkering with them has been a lot of fun for me.  Resale value and low cost of entry for a hobbyist, novice, or small time miner are pluses.  An ASIC is not really much fun to me.

I have to respect the fact that a specialized device like the ASIC is usually going to be able to monopolize.  If it comes to pass that GPUs are unable to mine anything decent for whatever reason I'd be disappointed and probably quit mining at that point.  Further investment would be buying the currency only.
norminorm

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:47:17 PM

Please look at two charts Monero XMR and  ASIC monero XMO.
 AS you all see ASIC monero goes down the tubes from .025btc to .001btc.
WHY? this is the question i ask all ferocious defenders of new technologies (ASIC) .
 The answer is sample - no  support of the community.
ASIC DOES NOT HAVE A COMMUNITY - they hijack this forum only to sale the equipment and profit on something they didn't develop, create or support.
The big farms mining and dumping on market and changing for FIAT money.
This is not good for crypto - how you can defend that, it goes against what the crypto was designed for.
We small medium or even big GPU miners are supporting coins, pushing into exchanges, paying donation fees to devs etc.
ltcsprite

Merit: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:52:15 PM

Please look at two charts Monero XMR and  ASIC monero XMO.
 AS you all see ASIC monero goes down the tubes from .025btc to .001btc.
WHY? this is the question i ask all ferocious defenders of new technologies (ASIC) .
 The answer is sample - no  support of the community.
ASIC DOES NOT HAVE A COMMUNITY - they hijack this forum only to sale the equipment and profit on something they didn't develop, create or support.
The big farms mining and dumping on market and changing for FIAT money.
This is not good for crypto - how you can defend that, it goes against what the crypto was designed for.
We small medium or even big GPU miners are supporting coins, pushing into exchanges, paying donation fees to devs etc.

What about Bitcoin?
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:21:15 PM

Maybe Zcash devs statement on not forking was a decoy. Maybe they will fork once the ASIC arrive !
chup

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:24:52 PM

Is not hypothetical.

IF You stop using emphasized words it WOULD not be hypothetical. Unfortunately, missing them You could not repeat Your claims...

cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:31:58 PM

Very good to know
BTG and BTCZ are really good coins with great volume

Developers of these coins have my RESPECT and my support, I already have some coins but I`ll support even more

What? Why? Both of those are scams, just like bitcoin cash or any other fake bitcoin out there. I find all this forking to fight asics stupid, tbh. I'm no fan of bitmain's monopoly, but forking projects to tone down the market dominance is basically burning the house down to fight a flood. What other company will want to get involved in making these if they can rendered useless by economically illiterate nerds?
Kalyst69

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:06:20 PM

Maybe Zcash devs statement on not forking was a decoy. Maybe they will fork once the ASIC arrive !

It's a serious coin with serious projects. If they announce something and change their mind in some weeks, then they will lose their credibility to (real) investors.

Host your ASICs in Siberia for $0.07/KW all inclusive. Contact me for information.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: