Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:58:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: who bought bitmain Z9 will face a big issues now  (Read 4064 times)
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:13:29 AM

Eventually they just die off. Like carburetor repairmen after fuel injection.

Bad analogy. I have many carbureted cars that still need assistance. Most of the carb guys I know do both. Some of the guys may be old, but they aren't dead. Oh, hey, that's like GPUs and ASICs, or maybe peanut butter and chocolate, right?  Shocked

No mining at the moment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Apocalypse Onion

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:55:51 AM

Like that Vosk guy. He’s commuting financial suicide right on you tube for all to see.

No, you're not going to get any of Vosk's success by buying an antminer. Try harder.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:42:39 AM

It definitely wont be quiet. The setup of these things were never meant to be quiet. Try undsrclock and antminer such that the fan spins only 2400rpm and u will realize that even that is noisy.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:56:53 AM

It definitely wont be quiet. The setup of these things were never meant to be quiet. Try undsrclock and antminer such that the fan spins only 2400rpm and u will realize that even that is noisy.

Perhaps for a miner that consumes 1kW or more, but for a miner that consumes ~300W there isn't a need for huge quantities of air, unless the design is really bad. The miner looks like the usual Bitmain tube, and yes, I know that the pictures could be fake, but, Bitmain has a design pattern that they follow to keep things simple and allow for easy production at scale. I'm not saying for sure that they won't be loud, I'm just saying the probability is low. If the fan on my 450W modded S7-LN is quiet, then the same fan on a 300W miner won't be loud.

No mining at the moment.
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:14:48 AM

They said that Equihash is ASIC resistant because it requires a lot of memory, it doesn't mean it's ASIC proof and they never said that they will fight against ASICs all their life. As they say now, they cannot fight all their life against technology, they have more important things to improve their algorithm. I don't see any problem in ASICs (Bitcoin, Litecoin and others are still alive), only those who put all their money in GPU are afraid. People has to stop to talk about decentralization, everybody is looking to save his own investment, they just want money. it's hypocrisy.
If no ASIC, soon with ETH POS you will see million of GPU coming to increase the alt coins difficulty and then make GPU mining less profitable. And I prefer not talk about FPGA that cannot be stopped by a fork.
You dont see the problem in fact that only one company can create asics for zec and that its already mining with them for at least 3 months?If they were world spread and easy to buy like gpus i would be fine with this but this way its all in hands of one company
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 11:35:30 AM

They said that Equihash is ASIC resistant because it requires a lot of memory, it doesn't mean it's ASIC proof and they never said that they will fight against ASICs all their life. As they say now, they cannot fight all their life against technology, they have more important things to improve their algorithm. I don't see any problem in ASICs (Bitcoin, Litecoin and others are still alive), only those who put all their money in GPU are afraid. People has to stop to talk about decentralization, everybody is looking to save his own investment, they just want money. it's hypocrisy.
If no ASIC, soon with ETH POS you will see million of GPU coming to increase the alt coins difficulty and then make GPU mining less profitable. And I prefer not talk about FPGA that cannot be stopped by a fork.
You dont see the problem in fact that only one company can create asics for zec and that its already mining with them for at least 3 months?If they were world spread and easy to buy like gpus i would be fine with this but this way its all in hands of one company

Those people like to act dumb, I refuse to believe

Look at Monero difficulty, ALL ASIC COMPANIES were mining hidden and then they all tried to sell at the same time to idiots, it's FACT

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Kalyst69

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:03:49 PM

What is wrong in it ? They didn't make something bad, no centralization. Other companies can make ASICs too, you can do it too. Don't blame people who are good in business, if you were able to do it I'm sure you will have the same practices.

Host your ASICs in Siberia for $0.07/KW all inclusive. Contact me for information.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:21:58 PM

What is wrong in it ? They didn't make something bad, no centralization. Other companies can make ASICs too, you can do it too. Don't blame people who are good in business, if you were able to do it I'm sure you will have the same practices.

This company competes AGAINST its own customers, don't you get it ? They mine with the hardware, then resale this hardware as new to cutsomers. That's a scam.
Kalyst69

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:34:39 PM

[
This company competes AGAINST its own customers, don't you get it ? They mine with the hardware, then resale this hardware as new to cutsomers. That's a scam.
If you know it and buy it, it's not. You have the choice

Host your ASICs in Siberia for $0.07/KW all inclusive. Contact me for information.
norminorm

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:51:04 PM

Please look at two charts Monero XMR and  ASIC monero XMO.
 AS you all see ASIC monero goes down the tubes from .025btc to .001btc.
WHY? this is the question i ask all ferocious defenders of new technologies (ASIC) .
 The answer is sample - no  support of the community.
ASIC DOES NOT HAVE A COMMUNITY - they hijack this forum only to sale the equipment and profit on something they didn't develop, create or support.
The big farms mining and dumping on market and changing for FIAT money.
This is not good for crypto - how you can defend that, it goes against what the crypto was designed for.
We small medium or even big GPU miners are supporting coins, pushing into exchanges, paying donation fees to devs etc.

What about Bitcoin?

Bitcoin Litecoin are old dinosaur projects controlled by community. Bitman try to control bitcoin but community disagree. that is why they create bitcoincash.
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:22:21 PM

Maybe it will spark some bright young mind to figure out how to unlock those mythical disabled CUDA cores on 1070s. We need  an "equilargement pill" or equihash equalizer tablet or something now to go with the ethlargement pill.

Hahahahaaa good luck with that. Those cores were disbled for a reason. If they weren`t, chip would probably end up in 1070 ti. If they are disabled that means that they are either not functional, or the chip is unstable.
crypto-hype

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:53:03 PM

BTCP (Bitcoin Private) Currently Rank #45 announced to fight the new Bitmain Equihash Miner!

https://twitter.com/bitcoinprivate/status/993509511364317190
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:51:18 PM

Maybe it will spark some bright young mind to figure out how to unlock those mythical disabled CUDA cores on 1070s. We need  an "equilargement pill" or equihash equalizer tablet or something now to go with the ethlargement pill.

Hahahahaaa good luck with that. Those cores were disbled for a reason. If they weren`t, chip would probably end up in 1070 ti. If they are disabled that means that they are either not functional, or the chip is unstable.

Right. We need a miracle restabalizer hashrate exapander bios pump mod injection for them. Grin
rdluffy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 07:52:22 PM

BTCP (Bitcoin Private) Currently Rank #45 announced to fight the new Bitmain Equihash Miner!

Another good news, congratulations BTCP team

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:38:16 PM

congratulations for what?

They are pitting GPU miners against Asic miners, in reality we should all be one community.

bitcoin private wont be in my portfolio.

Why do people to refuse to adopt better technologies?  i'll never get it, only reason I see is people with money dumped into GPU's recently.
SpceGhst

Merit: 4

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:44:39 PM

They are pitting GPU miners against Asic miners, in reality we should all be one community.

Why do people to refuse to adopt better technologies?  i'll never get it, only reason I see is people with money dumped into GPU's recently.

Weren’t the same arguments made when somebody figured out a GPU could mine 100 times faster than a CPU?

I think what the whole GPU vs. ASIC thing boils down to is the difference between the haves and the have nots!
ltcsprite

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:47:51 PM

Weren’t the same arguments made when somebody figured out a GPU could mine 100 times faster than a CPU?

I think what the whole GPU vs. ASIC thing boils down to is the difference between the haves and the have nots!

I think you're spot on.   I don't like arguing GPU vs ASIC, but I am not going to ignore the facts.

People say GPU mining = decentralized.  Well how come I can only buy 1 Z9 but I can buy 300 RX 580's.

How is that decentralized.    Honestly need to get rid of the centralized vs decentralized debate,  ASIC's running allover the world, same with GPUs.
rdluffy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 08:50:17 PM

I'm tired of trying to explain, but let's go:

Devs wrote their whitepappers saying that they will be asic resistant, asic proof, they would change algo if needs

Bitmain and ALL Asics producers mined MONERO and dumped Asics to idiots because they knew of Monero FORK, look the hashrate of MONERO, it's disgusting this kind of behavior

They tried to sell used Asics as new

GPUs have 2 or 3 year warranty - Asics 180 days without refund

Not everyone can buy Asics, GPUs are easy to find and buy, everyone can join and make decentralization possible

Soon there will be only big farms with Asics, in a few hands

People like to say it's more efficient and will save energy, but remember Asics only mine one algo and when it's not profitable become a doorstep, GPUs when it's not profitable can be a part of PC gaming, office PC, and a lot of other uses

All stated above are FACTS.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
ltcsprite

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:00:20 PM

Devs wrote their whitepappers saying that they will be asic resistant, asic proof, they would change algo if needs

Bitmain and ALL Asics producers mined MONERO and dumped Asics to idiots because they knew of Monero FORK, look the hashrate of MONERO, it's disgusting this kind of behavior

Not everyone can buy Asics, GPUs are easy to find and buy, everyone can join and make decentralization possible

People like to say it's more efficient and will save energy, but remember Asics only mine one algo and when it's not profitable become a doorstep, GPUs when it's not profitable can be a part of PC gaming, office PC, and a lot of other uses

I appreciate the reply and effort but that doesn't change the evolution of technology. 

Roadmaps change.

If you want to blame someone, blame Bitmain, not ASIC's themselves.    Also you need to provide proof that bitmain mined monero or sold used Asic's before saying what people "think".

More ASIC manufacturers would be helpful.    You're also talking about the current state of ASIC's, not future, you can already see the potential in efficiency.

If you can afford a GPU mining rig, you can afford an ASIC.   Unless you're mining with 1 card.

I get it, but you guys really just don't seem to have any open mindedness toward making mining more efficient and secure.

What would Bitmain have to do to make you happy?  Or would the addition of say a dozen other ASIC manufacturers help?

I would like to see more ideas vs everyone just bashing each other and getting pissed so that both "groups" can benefit from the time and money they've put towards a project.

Either way, good luck to Z9 purchasers and GPU owners going forward.    Cool
rdluffy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 10:06:09 PM

I appreciate the reply and effort but that doesn't change the evolution of technology. 

Roadmaps change.

If you want to blame someone, blame Bitmain, not ASIC's themselves.    Also you need to provide proof that bitmain mined monero or sold used Asic's before saying what people "think".

More ASIC manufacturers would be helpful.    You're also talking about the current state of ASIC's, not future, you can already see the potential in efficiency.

If you can afford a GPU mining rig, you can afford an ASIC.   Unless you're mining with 1 card.

I get it, but you guys really just don't seem to have any open mindedness toward making mining more efficient and secure.

What would Bitmain have to do to make you happy?  Or would the addition of say a dozen other ASIC manufacturers help?

I would like to see more ideas vs everyone just bashing each other and getting pissed so that both "groups" can benefit from the time and money they've put towards a project.

Either way, good luck to Z9 purchasers and GPU owners going forward.    Cool

Hey, are you kidding?
Look at hashrate of monero, seriously, if you just spend 1 minute on Google you will find the proof you need
When monero forked the hashrate and difficulty lowered A LOT, Asics were kicked out

So, it`s hard to explain when people choose not to see, like you.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄