Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:31:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: who bought bitmain Z9 will face a big issues now  (Read 4064 times)
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:09:38 PM

BTCP (Bitcoin Private) Currently Rank #45 announced to fight the new Bitmain Equihash Miner!

https://twitter.com/bitcoinprivate/status/993509511364317190

Another good news, congratulations BTCP team

congratulations for what?

They are pitting GPU miners against Asic miners, in reality we should all be one community.

bitcoin private wont be in my portfolio.

Why do people to refuse to adopt better technologies?  i'll never get it, only reason I see is people with money dumped into GPU's recently.

I'm tired of trying to explain, but let's go:

Devs wrote their whitepappers saying that they will be asic resistant, asic proof, they would change algo if needs

Bitmain and ALL Asics producers mined MONERO and dumped Asics to idiots because they knew of Monero FORK, look the hashrate of MONERO, it's disgusting this kind of behavior

They tried to sell used Asics as new

GPUs have 2 or 3 year warranty - Asics 180 days without refund

Not everyone can buy Asics, GPUs are easy to find and buy, everyone can join and make decentralization possible

Soon there will be only big farms with Asics, in a few hands

People like to say it's more efficient and will save energy, but remember Asics only mine one algo and when it's not profitable become a doorstep, GPUs when it's not profitable can be a part of PC gaming, office PC, and a lot of other uses

All stated above are FACTS.

I appreciate the reply and effort but that doesn't change the evolution of technology.  

Roadmaps change.

If you want to blame someone, blame Bitmain, not ASIC's themselves.    Also you need to provide proof that bitmain mined monero or sold used Asic's before saying what people "think".

More ASIC manufacturers would be helpful.    You're also talking about the current state of ASIC's, not future, you can already see the potential in efficiency.

If you can afford a GPU mining rig, you can afford an ASIC.   Unless you're mining with 1 card.

I get it, but you guys really just don't seem to have any open mindedness toward making mining more efficient and secure.

What would Bitmain have to do to make you happy?  Or would the addition of say a dozen other ASIC manufacturers help?

I would like to see more ideas vs everyone just bashing each other and getting pissed so that both "groups" can benefit from the time and money they've put towards a project.

Either way, good luck to Z9 purchasers and GPU owners going forward.    Cool

Hey, are you kidding?
Look at hashrate of monero, seriously, if you just spend 1 minute on Google you will find the proof you need
When monero forked the hashrate and difficulty lowered A LOT, Asics were kicked out

So, it`s hard to explain when people choose not to see, like you.

I'm not choosing not to see.  

I'm asking if you can prove in a court of law that Bitmain mined with those machines.

My answer is 99.9% no.   Yet people continue to insist that they did, maybe so, I can't prove it, and neither can you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 10:14:00 PM

BTCP (Bitcoin Private) Currently Rank #45 announced to fight the new Bitmain Equihash Miner!

They are pitting GPU miners against Asic miners, in reality we should all be one community.

Why do people to refuse to adopt better technologies?  i'll never get it, only reason I see is people with money dumped into GPU's recently.

Devs wrote their whitepappers saying that they will be asic resistant, asic proof, they would change algo if needs

Bitmain and ALL Asics producers mined MONERO and dumped Asics to idiots because they knew of Monero FORK, look the hashrate of MONERO, it's disgusting this kind of behavior

Not everyone can buy Asics, GPUs are easy to find and buy, everyone can join and make decentralization possible

People like to say it's more efficient and will save energy, but remember Asics only mine one algo and when it's not profitable become a doorstep, GPUs when it's not profitable can be a part of PC gaming, office PC, and a lot of other uses

I appreciate the reply and effort but that doesn't change the evolution of technology.  

Roadmaps change.

If you want to blame someone, blame Bitmain, not ASIC's themselves.    Also you need to provide proof that bitmain mined monero or sold used Asic's before saying what people "think".

More ASIC manufacturers would be helpful.    You're also talking about the current state of ASIC's, not future, you can already see the potential in efficiency.

If you can afford a GPU mining rig, you can afford an ASIC.   Unless you're mining with 1 card.

I get it, but you guys really just don't seem to have any open mindedness toward making mining more efficient and secure.

What would Bitmain have to do to make you happy?  Or would the addition of say a dozen other ASIC manufacturers help?

I would like to see more ideas vs everyone just bashing each other and getting pissed so that both "groups" can benefit from the time and money they've put towards a project.

Hey, are you kidding?
Look at hashrate of monero, seriously, if you just spend 1 minute on Google you will find the proof you need
When monero forked the hashrate and difficulty lowered A LOT, Asics were kicked out

I'm asking if you can prove in a court of law that Bitmain mined with those machines.

My answer is 99.9% no.   Yet people continue to insist that they did, maybe so, I can't prove it, and neither can you.

Ok, at the moment the Asics were kicked out the hashrate droped 30% or 40% and it`s not Asics???
You have a GREAT logic

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
ltcsprite

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:15:19 PM

Roadmaps change.

Hey, are you kidding?

Ok, at the moment the Asics were kicked out the hashrate droped 30% or 40% and it`s not Asics???
You have a GREAT logic

I'm not arguing that.   So much hostility around here it is unreal.   

Good lawd.
norminorm

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:53:56 PM

Roadmaps change.

Hey, are you kidding?

You have a GREAT logic

Good lawd.

hey buddy
wait a second:
1.  when coin devs, in whitepaper stated that this new coin is asic resistant and they ask GPU miners to dig there sh...t coin and support them = who is to blame, without us gpu miners, coin devs still will be working in geek squad at bestbuy.
2. there is not court of law in crypto  - community is judge and jury.
when you see 500MH, mining fork monero and 700MH mining monero asic - what proof you need. Please stop taking people for stupid.
3. Sh...tman business model is bad - that is why community hate them. We dont hate Nvidia or AMD, they come with new hardware every 6 months - did you see any one complain.
4. Sh..tman trys to take over crypto - is that hard to understand. They dig coins before they put equipment for sale and why:
a. because they have some new updated version of it on drawing board.
b. they sale use crap for top dollars
c. they need to let the carrot on front of some idiots  and keep the crypto alive because without community  - crypto is dead. and who they will sale there outdated asic or mined coins to?
ltcsprite

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:01:12 AM

Roadmaps change.

Hey, are you kidding?

You have a GREAT logic

Good lawd.

hey buddy
wait a second:
1.  when coin devs, in whitepaper stated that this new coin is asic resistant and they ask GPU miners to dig there sh...t coin and support them = who is to blame, without us gpu miners, coin devs still will be working in geek squad at bestbuy.
2. there is not court of law in crypto  - community is judge and jury.
when you see 500MH, mining fork monero and 700MH mining monero asic - what proof you need. Please stop taking people for stupid.
3. Sh...tman business model is bad - that is why community hate them. We dont hate Nvidia or AMD, they come with new hardware every 6 months - did you see any one complain.
4. Sh..tman trys to take over crypto - is that hard to understand. They dig coins before they put equipment for sale and why:
a. because they have some new updated version of it on drawing board.
b. they sale use crap for top dollars
c. they need to let the carrot on front of some idiots  and keep the crypto alive because without community  - crypto is dead. and who they will sale there outdated asic or mined coins to?

I actually Lol'd at this response. 

Holy unintelligence.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:15:38 AM

If you really want fully decentralized you would have to figure out how to eliminate the mining pools too.  ASIC's and GPU's are all still being centralized in mining pools.

I can understand the hardware monopoly arguments.  But on that front there have been some noises made about Samsung possibly making mining chips, if that were true they would immediately dominate the hardware scene for whatever algorithm they touched with the possible exception of SHA-256.  But if you look at something like X11, there are a whole bunch of competitors making ASIC's there, which is a good thing.  Even though most people who bought X11 ASIC's in the recent generation lost money (and that's basically true for all the X11 ASIC's manufacturers), what is also now true is that any new generation of X11 ASIC's will be much easier to value at release.  A very high network hashrate relative to the power of an individual mining machine means that each individual mining machine is a drop in the bucket in terms of network hashrate, which means that it is easy to judge the value of that miner.  And that is true whether you are talking about a new GPU model or an ASIC.  Look at an S9.  It is easy to calculate ROI on an S9, even if bitmain sells 10k of them this month.

ASIC's are most destructive when they are new to a given algorithm and their individual hashrate relative to the network hashrate is very high.  That's also when the ASIC manufacturer is most likely to ask a lot for them because they look extremely valuable when they are new (and they are for the manufacturer).  But bitmain in particular can pump out a whole lot of new miner models and really ramp difficulty on an algorithm that doesn't already have ASIC's, which makes valuing these new miners pretty difficult.

Hardware investments mean people are financially invested in maintaining the value of a coin.  One reason bitcoin is very unlikely to ever see sub-$1000 prices again is because hundreds of milllions has been invested in the mining gear, those miners aren't likely to dump at prices that lose them money.  In fact I would be shocked to ever see sub-$5k prices on bitcoin ever again.

Personally I have no major vested opinion on whether GPU's are better than ASIC's or vice-versa.  I own both.  I do see the writing on the wall however and plan to sell about half of my GPU's in the coming months while they still get a good price.  I think when ETH is no-longer mine-able with GPU then GPU mining in general will not be very profitable just because so damn many people are doing it.
Dagamus(NM)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:00:10 AM

Lol, this thread is so full of hate.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:23:54 AM

Roadmaps change.

Hey, are you kidding?

XMR network stats prior to and after fork pretty much says it all.  ASIC's and/or botnets were most certainly kicked off the network after the fork.  Probably both.  Whether or not those ASIC's belonged to Bitmain can't be proven, but you can put two and two together.  Regardless of who is responsible, they were on the network long before they were being offered for sale at a long bitmain type delay.  The fact that the network hashrate was so high for so long, prior to the announcement of a Cryptonight ASIC gives us a few hints too.

ASIC hardware in itself isn't a threat ... ASIC hardware coming from one large company is who can do whatever they want, because there is no competition at their weight is a threat.  Most people who have small-mid sized mining farms, should be able to afford asic hardware.  My concern with it is there isn't any competition on the same level to keep the big companies in check.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:28:55 AM

Samsung isn’t going to dominate shit in ASIC. Way too late to the game. TSMC and Bitmain will crush them like wet cardboard. Just like they are doing to Nvidia and AMD in GPU right now. And it’s only just begun.

I don't really agree.  You don't know how long they have been in the game and neither does anyone else.  On top of that, they have a lot more money than anyone else that is attempting to compete with Bitmain. 

Also, Bitmain isn't crushing Nvidia and AMD ... Crypto mining fell into their laps.  Sure they have benefited from it, but I don't believe it is or was ever a huge priority for them.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 04:44:31 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 04:14:06 AM by JaredKaragen

the real fix I cen see for this is:
someone needs to come up with a hashrate stabilized way of mining the algo;  how this can be done purely client-side:  we need to brainstorm.

SSL uses timestamps;  maybe we can figure out some sort of deal like this to give an overall hashrate impact on result difficulty requirement.

I.E.  After X hashrate, your diff increases to offset to be a virtual  X hashrate.

People can get around this;  purely flat out random nonces and result ranges.   This is definitely possible.... but imagine a stratum trying to keep all of its clients records in this manner... what its checked and what it hasn't....   if you require the previous 3 nonces results as salts to the 4th nonce;  you are required to do sequential workunits..... and the random card is out the window as an option.

There are solutions to "anti-asic".  people need to "think 4th dimensionally" and consider the objective not the mathamatics side;  because the math is what the asic is good at.    Make the "meta"; the way of obtaining the result: the anti-asic strategy itself instead of the algo's individual mathematic calculations.

food for thought.

and FYI:  a subpoena on records, wallets, exchanges, etc... let alone the chip order purchase dates, board MFG and RX dates, etc for the XMR units would EASILY show if they were operating in a dishonest manner (selling used as new, etc etc etc).

The pure fact of drop in nethash at the split;  means that YES;  some of their machines were running.   Not beyond the shadow of a doubt;  but its more than circumstantial, as well as enough to go off of to open a lawsuit and obtain said legal documents/records they would have to prove their innocence.  Im not saying they were the ONLY ones with a XMR asic;  but;  Occam's razor.  I dare the imitation pundits to provide a simpler and more logical explanation.... I bet you can't.  If it were merely an issue of people not updating their miner apps;  the nethash would have climbed substantially after the fork to m7.

Sitting there and commenting with mostly denigration is extremely childish, and shows you know little about what you are speaking of... you only see a narrow slice of the big picture.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:07:32 PM

You dont see the problem in fact that only one company can create asics for zec and that its already mining with them for at least 3 months?If they were world spread and easy to buy like gpus i would be fine with this but this way its all in hands of one company

What is wrong in it ? They didn't make something bad, no centralization. Other companies can make ASICs too, you can do it too. Don't blame people who are good in business, if you were able to do it I'm sure you will have the same practices.
Yeah man i can make asics2 but i am already bussy with going to the Mars and finding cure for cancer,asics will be my next project after those 2 for sure.How its not a centralization if only one company makes them and mine them for months?And no other companies cant make them,you ever wonder why nvidia intel or any other large chip company didnt even tried to get in crypto mining?Its because bitmain would just reverse engineer those chips and kill the price of them thx to cheap work force since China dont care about copyrights
Kalyst69

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:16:24 PM

Yeah man i can make asics2 but i am already bussy with going to the Mars and finding cure for cancer,asics will be my next project after those 2 for sure.How its not a centralization if only one company makes them and mine them for months?And no other companies cant make them,you ever wonder why nvidia intel or any other large chip company didnt even tried to get in crypto mining?Its because bitmain would just reverse engineer those chips and kill the price of them thx to cheap work force since China dont care about copyrights
Why to be agressive?
There is not only one company that makes ASICs, there are many.
GPU are also ASICs
Centralization is if you own 51% of the network hashrate, they never did. Centralization can also be with GPU if one pool has 51% of the network hashrate (Ethpool/Ethermine has today 28%)

Before to go to Mars you can learn a little bit more about blockchain, ASICs, centralisation...

Host your ASICs in Siberia for $0.07/KW all inclusive. Contact me for information.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:31:17 PM

Why to be agressive?
There is not only one company that makes ASICs, there are many.
GPU are also ASICs
Centralization is if you own 51% of the network hashrate, they never did. Centralization can also be with GPU if one pool has 51% of the network hashrate (Ethpool/Ethermine has today 28%)

Before to go to Mars you can learn a little bit more about blockchain, ASICs, centralisation...
Writing this means you have no clue what you're writing about. Educate yourself in the first place.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:37:47 PM

who bought bitmain Z9 will face a big issues now

an i don't care if they do greed will do that so i hope they do .....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ltcsprite

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:39:21 PM

who bought bitmain Z9 will face a big issues now

an i don't care if they do greed will do that so i hope they do .....

Why is it greedy to buy 1 ASIC and it's not greedy to buy 300 GPU's?

Kalyst69

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:41:42 PM

Writing this means you have no clue what you're writing about. Educate yourself in the first place.

ASIC means Application-specific integrated circuit and you have some ASICs on your graphics cards to treat some special tasks. On another way we are also talking about GPU ASIC quality.

Host your ASICs in Siberia for $0.07/KW all inclusive. Contact me for information.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:46:18 PM

It definitely wont be quiet. The setup of these things were never meant to be quiet. Try undsrclock and antminer such that the fan spins only 2400rpm and u will realize that even that is noisy.

Perhaps for a miner that consumes 1kW or more, but for a miner that consumes ~300W there isn't a need for huge quantities of air, unless the design is really bad. The miner looks like the usual Bitmain tube, and yes, I know that the pictures could be fake, but, Bitmain has a design pattern that they follow to keep things simple and allow for easy production at scale. I'm not saying for sure that they won't be loud, I'm just saying the probability is low. If the fan on my 450W modded S7-LN is quiet, then the same fan on a 300W miner won't be loud.

The design even at low 2400 rpm is noisy actually. Ants can go to 6120 rpm. U can try though. If u mod to lower fans, u risk frying your board only. I believe thats why u cant choose fanspeed for S9. U should just do yourself a favor and create a noisy place to put them. Furthermore, GPUs have 2 fans for about 132-130watts. Thus, is only so noisy. Antminers have 2 fans for 2-12 times the watts. If u ever use the amd gpu design with just 1 fan, not the aftermarket model, u will realize that one is quite noisy too. Furthermore, a few ants together will amplify the sound output.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:47:47 PM

Eventually, there will be no algo to fork too I would think. There will be asics in all algos lol
If E3 drops in price, GPU is fried too. Bitmain controls u lol.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:50:58 PM

ASIC means Application-specific integrated circuit and you have some ASICs on your graphics cards to treat some special tasks. On another way we are also talking about GPU ASIC quality.

Can you play a movie while displaying your OS and mining with an ASIC ?
A GPU is not an ASIC, and you know it.

Sandal_Hat

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:55:58 PM

As far as decentralization goes. Asics actually help decentralization more because they are far stronger.
U should be thankful that Bitcoin isnt secured by GPUs hashrate because if it was, bitmain or another asic manufacturer alone can create enough asic, and run it for themselves and control more than 51% of hashrate.

I mean look at ZEC now, it has wat 8.1 million hashrate? Thats weak. If bitmain wanted to, they can create 900 units Z9 miners, which gives 9 million hashrate. With that, they can control ZEC. Think about it.

So all those GPU coins now, u are actually not very secure.

However, I understand that GPU holders dont want to lose money. It isnt fair nor nice. I suggest u guys cut down on GPU mining going forward. Too much risk and also, the antminer E3 is out there lol. That is the key to whacking GPU mining to crap because ETH is 60+% of GPU mining.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: