Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: At just $1, QUARK will be #3 on the planet  (Read 10599 times)
YayaToure

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:27:22 AM

Seems dodgy to me. A small handful of people owning that many coins before it's even out? "Coin for the people"? Hmmm looks like a get rick quick scheme and Bill Stil has fallen for it through his naivete with crypto currency

Maybe Im wrong tho

Nxt seems dodgy as well but perhaps worse in some respect considering, iirc, 70 people hold all of the billion coins or however many there are and the only way to get them is to buy them off this 'elite'

I think the thing you are missing with Nxt is that EVERYONE had to pay to get in on the coin. The creator put in 1 BTC of his own money to get part of the genesis block. Every early investor was capped at 1 BTC to invest. All new investors can invest as much as they want. If you invested in the first week, you would have got 1M Nxt for 1 BTC after it was officially released, which has gone down to 100k for 1 BTC currently. The early investors invested in a coin that wasn't even released and was just "supposed" to be released. That was a huge risk for them in doing so.

It's like buying any new cryptocurrency early, you take a huge risk. Also you are forgetting that the only way to mine coins is to to hold a share of the coins. Instead of the dependency on ASICs, GPUs, CPUs, etc. You can run the client on any computer that handles Java and it mines as well as mining on a high end computer using the same client, since all that matters is the amount of Nxt you hold.

This is not a coin where you "mine" to get new coins in blocks. You "mine"(forge/get interest) coins that were part of transaction fees that were part of other transactions between other trades. Same thing happens with any cryptocurrency (the transaction fee) once the creation of new coins ends.

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of coin creation but they don't all need investors, do they? Just 70 people holding all of the coin with it setup so that you can't mine/forge without buying coin off those 70 people? Good luck to them but I'm just suspicious

Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Bayern

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:28:06 AM

So youre saying to go back to fiat now?
wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:46:13 AM

Seems dodgy to me. A small handful of people owning that many coins before it's even out? "Coin for the people"? Hmmm looks like a get rick quick scheme and Bill Stil has fallen for it through his naivete with crypto currency

Maybe Im wrong tho

Nxt seems dodgy as well but perhaps worse in some respect considering, iirc, 70 people hold all of the billion coins or however many there are and the only way to get them is to buy them off this 'elite'

I think the thing you are missing with Nxt is that EVERYONE had to pay to get in on the coin. The creator put in 1 BTC of his own money to get part of the genesis block. Every early investor was capped at 1 BTC to invest. All new investors can invest as much as they want. If you invested in the first week, you would have got 1M Nxt for 1 BTC after it was officially released, which has gone down to 100k for 1 BTC currently. The early investors invested in a coin that wasn't even released and was just "supposed" to be released. That was a huge risk for them in doing so.

It's like buying any new cryptocurrency early, you take a huge risk. Also you are forgetting that the only way to mine coins is to to hold a share of the coins. Instead of the dependency on ASICs, GPUs, CPUs, etc. You can run the client on any computer that handles Java and it mines as well as mining on a high end computer using the same client, since all that matters is the amount of Nxt you hold.

This is not a coin where you "mine" to get new coins in blocks. You "mine"(forge/get interest) coins that were part of transaction fees that were part of other transactions between other trades. Same thing happens with any cryptocurrency (the transaction fee) once the creation of new coins ends.

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of coin creation but they don't all need investors, do they? Just 70 people holding all of the coin with it setup so that you can't mine/forge without buying coin off those 70 people? Good luck to them but I'm just suspicious

The thing is that the early investors have for the most part spread the Nxt to the rest of the investors interested in the coin so far. Early Investors did get an early profit when it started , but so did anyone who invested in the coin in the first week where the price has risen from .000001 to .00001 in a week. Some investors have spread more than 90% of their holdings to the rest of the investors in order to get them interested. The creator of the coin BCNext wanted this and stated he wanted the coins to be spread to the rest of the investors interested in the coin.

There have been a number of people who would happily donate a handful of Nxt to someone interested in the coin in order to get someone started in the mining/forging process.

Sure the coin would have failed if people didn't spread the Nxt to others, but for the most part and up to now, that hasn't been the case and likely will not happen as a result of what has already happened.
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:09:12 AM

CPU Mined coins spells BOT MINERS Galore.

What? Even grand ma cpu mining away? Nonsense.

Hacked PC's turned into miners (Bots).

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
maxsolnc

Activity: 350

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 12:29:55 PM

seems that at ~12:00-15:00 GMT someone pumps QRK a bit every day  Shocked

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
Jamievs

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:34:06 PM

My guess is that is the US waking up!  Smiley
maxsolnc

Activity: 350

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:36:40 PM

*facepalm* yes, I'm from Europe, so really forgot about it Cheesy

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 02:24:03 PM

..., this is even better because the early miners are dumping to lots of other people.

Exactly, this is a very good counterpoint against the people who say that QRK is "premined"...

Yes, many millions were in the hands of a few dozen people.
But I don't think that is the case anymore.

Did those early adopters make a fortune by dumping QRK at these prices? Not really... but they made some easy money, oh yeah.

But those people might look very stupid when QRK goes over a dollar.
But maybe its not stupidity but the willingness to share and give something away.

You can't make a coin succeed if you are the only one who has it.

+1 nailed it

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 02:29:31 PM

^
that is the most accurate statement on this forum right now -

and when the price drops i get a flood of emails asking how to buy -

my biggest logistical obstacle  has been

1. the Technology gap -

2. access to a BTC to buy QRK  (and all the learning involved) > our  "how to buy" approaches 20 thousand views <

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Jochen

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:40:25 PM

If Quark just hits $1 per coin, it'll be the 3rd Largest Coin on the planet. Everyone will want a piece of this coin, This is truly the crypto for the "masses".

Great security and potential for "mass" usage.

Get in while it's cheap  Smiley

+1

It has potential and very cheap buy in now.
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:08:03 PM

So the answer is yes.. this is a scam coin?

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:10:43 PM

So the answer is yes.. this is a scam coin?

it is as much a "scam coin" as BTC is a "scam coin"

quaaaaak , quaaaak !

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:13:05 PM

Everything you need to know about Quark.

http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/337/quarkcoin-summarized?page=1&scrollTo=3270
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:25:59 PM

however you explain it to those that missed out they will still cry scam coin, premine instamine. Who cares what they say, it will exceed everyones expectations and the same people will cry more they did not buy in now.
The don't get that mining is not the most powerful distribution source. The market is. Even now it's distribution grows and grows if it could drop to 10cents for a few weeks and stay there i think it would build an even bigger foundation to build from.

Sure the rocket it took seems extreme but that is because it was way way way undervalued. It will take a while to sink in that quark is not high at all right now it is just catching up to where is should be. It can never sink back to where it was, it was an unknown coin then, now it is talked about by anyone who knows anything at all about crypto. Quark is here to stay long term get used to it. Is it the best coin out there by design....it is certainly up there with the best.

Look to other opportunities instead of crying over missed ones.

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:27:20 PM

...or everything you need to know about Quark:
ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppump
 Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddump
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Grin
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Yep and next december we will have the same cry babies like nowadays with: "omg why i sold all my LTC year ago @ 15cents!!??!?!?!?!@#(&*@$*^!".

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:30:09 PM

however you explain it to those that missed out they will still cry scam coin, premine instamine. Who cares what they say, it will exceed everyones expectations and the same people will cry more they did not buy in now.
The don't get that mining is not the most powerful distribution source. The market is. Even now it's distribution grows and grows if it could drop to 10cents for a few weeks and stay there i think it would build an even bigger foundation to build from.

Sure the rocket it took seems extreme but that is because it was way way way undervalued. It will take a while to sink in that quark is not high at all right now it is just catching up to where is should be. It can never sink back to where it was, it was an unknown coin then, now it is talked about by anyone who knows anything at all about crypto. Quark is here to stay long term get used to it. Is it the best coin out there by design....it is certainly up there with the best.

And for those who still cry they missed the train or something.. there is still one underrated quite nice coin at similar price right now that quark had month ago :>

niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:33:48 PM

Please provide some arguments for this. And forget that CPU mining already debunked as total crap , also the so called security adds nothing to an already secure coin?
Anything else?
Oh , 90% of the coins in the hands of the developers , no actual use for it  , nobody using it for anything else than trading it to BTC.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:44:59 PM

I encourage everyone to do the same in order to filter unnecessary spam/trolling and give the user a nice orange ignore button :]

Lols , I am asking about the differences , and what quak coins brings new to the crypto scene!
And nobody knows.

What .. you afraid your investment in quaks will go to 0?
No more newbies helping the premined scheme?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:46:02 PM

Lesson #1

Never, ever do business with so called 'Communists' (Dictatorships).

Lesson #2

Never, ever do business with Fascists.

Lesson #3

See #1 & #2 again.

I estimate BTC might break through the 1st support of $900, and if so then free fall back to just around $400
or so. Let's hope no lower than that for btc. But back to the prior $80 to $150's range is very doable now. If not
probable at least somewhat possible. I cheated, looked at the long red candlesticks. Just now dipping below $1000
at http://bitcoinwisdom.com/ set on Gox/USD. Problem is the exit/entrance doors are far too narrow still. Just the
waythose against all this wants it. Well, they just closed the bank doors permanently in the Dictatorship called China.

Their economic slaves too, just like almost everyone else in this world today. But with a much more honest style to
their form of State Fascism, instead of our Neo-Corporate Fascism we are burdened with.

Just wait till Money handlers of Israel and The City of London, as well as Manhattan get's it on with the 2nd, 3rd, and
4th series of body blows! It wont be pretty. Best get used to street fighting. Just realize we're not the enemy.
They all are. At least the very ones that demand full command, control, and power, over everyone else on this planet.

We're the competition. Competition is only a sin in fascist regimes, and so called 'communist' ones sometimes.

Politics?  So your side Knows Politics? whatever. Bad timing I must say, for your 'politics' statement and what not!

Best stay ducking, and cover up real good. Going to get mighty cold this week!

The key to a bright future for all is DECENTRALIZATION. Endless debt based economic slavery is no solution at all.
Power corrupts. We all know this. We must simply limit power in the hands of so few. Decentralization does that well.
Nothing else yet can hope to succeed. Stay focused on that and we all win. Otherwise we all stay economic slaves to
debt based fiat interest payments the rest of our lives. And guess who benefits? Not you!

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

lol, nothing happened, price recovered in couple of hours some didn't notice.

eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:22:44 PM

I like how everyone just bitches about every coin ever as being a scam. Then the moment they buy some it is the best thing ever.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: