Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:24:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK](SFI) Seedcoin Fund I  (Read 27237 times)
seedcoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Seedcoin - www.seedco.in

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 05:28:36 PM

How can you be so sure of this? It would actually be against Havelock's new policy to do that. Certainly these incubated businesses don't need all the money at once, do they? Havelock can gradually dispense money based on invoices and such or some other proof showing how they're going to be spent. It's either this or Havelock doesn't stick to their own terms.

This will be a case by case decision and in conformity with Havelock's policies and approval of transfer of coins.

Global seed-stage Bitcoin startup virtual incubator. Investing in the Future Leaders of the Cryptocurrency Economy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seedcoin

Seedcoin - www.seedco.in

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 07:13:39 PM

[...] However, I think you should mainly look at the startups since they will be the recipient of most of the bitcoins raised, a small portion of the funds raised will go towards ensuring we can keep providing services to the startups and their founders. The Bitcoin startups are located in various countries around the world and are responding to different needs or solving specific problems in the bitcoin ecosystem.

MEXBT.com
The first professional exchange for cryptocurrencies in Mexico.

No qualms here; I think every country should have their own designated exchange to help facilitate local acceptance. What's the expected growth in the Mexican Bitcoin market?

answer from Gabriel Miron, founder of MEXBT.com

MEXBT is the first Profesional Bitcoin exchange for Mexico, and part of Latin America.  We are aiming for an average growth of 50% each month in the first few months of operations.  Our main focus is to target the remittance corridor from the United States to Mexico, but this will be tackled after we have established MEXBT as the most reliable Bitcoin exchange in the country.  

Global seed-stage Bitcoin startup virtual incubator. Investing in the Future Leaders of the Cryptocurrency Economy.
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:53:10 PM

So this 2m shares is just for the listed companies. The next 2m shares will be for future companies?

Any idea how much of these companies profits go into the dividends?

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
seedcoin

Seedcoin - www.seedco.in

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 11:39:42 PM

So this 2m shares is just for the listed companies. The next 2m shares will be for future companies?

Any idea how much of these companies profits go into the dividends?

yes the next 2m shares will be for future companies, each Seedcoin Fund tranche offering will introduce new seed-stage startups.

Each company will have its own dividend policy we cannot impose a uniform dividend policy to seven companies in different markets and at difference stages of development or profitability. 100% of the company shares allocated to Seedcoin Fund will belong to the subscribers of the offering taking place on Havelock and all shares held by the fund will be entitled to the same dividends as any other shareholder of the company. I think investors should take into consideration that it is reasonable to expect that these startups, vetted by Seedcoin and guided by its managers and mentors, and funded, in part, by the Havelock members buying units of this fund, are increasing their chances to succeed among Bitcoin startups. In the event of a buy out or a major investment into these companies the Seedcoin Fund unit holders will get special dividends as compensation for their contribution to the success of these early-stage Bitcoin startups.

seedcoin

Seedcoin - www.seedco.in

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 07:46:10 PM

Press clips about Seedcoin Fund startups and Seedcoin :

BTC.sx : http://bitcoinexaminer.org/australian-startup-launches-bitcoin-only-margin-trading-platform/

Hive : http://www.coindesk.com/hive-osx-wallet-promises-app-integration/

GoCoin : http://www.coindesk.com/gocoin-raises-500k-bitcoin-payments-asia-south-america/

Seedcoin : http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1351315/hong-kong-based-entrepreneur-planning-asias-first-bitcoin-conference

Seedcoin : http://www.scmp.com/business/banking-finance/article/1358150/hong-kong-entrepreneurs-could-win-slice-bitcoin-pie

Seedcoin : http://www.techinasia.com/bitcoin-change-world/

--
Interviews with Seedcoin Fund startup founders :

MEXBT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLs0WCqUemw

Hive : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUpn0UvmAok

GoCoin : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElKEGGOcFbU

Seedcoin : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpy9gt5Js_k

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:26:42 AM

I wrote you an email with a couple of questions, and asked if there was a thread at bitcointalk.org you could refer me to.

You did neither, just said you were busy.

So sorry, I'm too busy to invest in your half-arsed idea of an IPO
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:20:23 AM

I wrote you an email with a couple of questions, and asked if there was a thread at bitcointalk.org you could refer me to.

LMAO, thanks for sharing.
I think it is quite important to share this kind of (missing) feedback with other users.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:45:44 PM

I think it is quite important to share this kind of (missing) feedback with other users.

To be honest, it pissed me off. I read all their literature (2 hrs), and prepared just a simple couple of questions because their was several obvious things missing from their prospectus e.g. what % of the companies they were investing in they would actually own, which of the companies they were investing in actually paid dividends, and they couldn't be bothered to answer.

Companies that expect investment are going to have to do some basic legwork to get people onside. Some people at least attempt due diligence before giving their bitcoins to random people  Wink
seedcoin

Seedcoin - www.seedco.in

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 07:36:59 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 09:21:39 AM by seedcoin

To be honest, it pissed me off. I read all their literature (2 hrs), and prepared just a simple couple of questions because their was several obvious things missing from their prospectus e.g. what % of the companies they were investing in they would actually own, which of the companies they were investing in actually paid dividends, and they couldn't be bothered to answer.

Companies that expect investment are going to have to do some basic legwork to get people onside. Some people at least attempt due diligence before giving their bitcoins to random people  Wink

This was my reply to your message on Dec. 12 (your message was dated Dec. 10 evening time) :

"I am at the Inside Bitcoin conference in Las Vegas so not easy to reply earlier.

If you want to talk I am available at 415-509-9028 and will fly back to Hong Kong on Friday morning."

from my email to which you did not answer since the 36 hours delay in my answer had discouraged you from participating to the IPO. Once again I am sorry I did not reply in the 24 hours of your message.

The 'random people' as you define the entrepreneurs who will receive the bitcoin from this raise are hard working entrepreneurs who are providing helpful and relevant services to the bitcoin community, bitcoin exchanges, payment processors, wallets, etc. Their business plans are available on http://www.seedco.in/home/havelock

None of these entrepreneurs have made public any dividend distribution plans as of today, contrary to mining operations where bitcoin may become available soon after initial hardware investment has been made, non-mining Bitcoin-centric companies live by the same rules as any other startups meaning they need to build something, original products and/or services, acquire clients and manpower to service these clients before paying out dividends. If you are looking for a short term, dividend paying investment this fund may not be the best option, although focused on seed-stage startups Seedcoin is looking for companies with promising prospects on the medium to long term and dividend distribution is not our main criterion of investment when selecting startups for the fund.

abuelau

Activity: 750

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:46:44 AM

You mention in your prospectus in Havelock that all future IPO batches will also be sold for the same price of BTC0.001.

So what is the incentive for investing at this stage then? We pay the same price now as we would pay in the future, but we have more risk. And there's no dividend being paid anyway, so it really doesn't make sense to invest now, much better to wait and invest later.

Can you comment please?

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:07:35 AM

Companies that expect investment are going to have to do some basic legwork to get people onside. Some people at least attempt due diligence before giving their bitcoins to random people  Wink

This was my reply to your message on Dec. 12 (your message was dated Dec. 10 evening time) :

"I am at the Inside Bitcoin conference in Las Vegas so not easy to reply earlier.

If you want to talk I am available at 415-509-9028 and will fly back to Hong Kong on Friday morning."

from my email to which you did not answer since the 36 hours delay in my answer had discouraged you from participating to the IPO. Once again I am sorry I did not reply in the 24 hours of your message.

The 'random people' as you define the entrepreneurs who will receive the bitcoin from this raise are hard working entrepreneurs who are providing helpful and relevant services to the bitcoin community, bitcoin exchanges, payment processors, wallets, etc. Their business plans are available on http://www.seedco.in/home/havelock

None of these entrepreneurs have made public any dividend distribution plans as of today, contrary to mining operations where bitcoin may become available soon after initial hardware investment has been made, non-mining Bitcoin-centric companies live by the same rules as any other startups meaning they need to build something, original products and/or services, acquire clients and manpower to service these clients before paying out dividends. If you are looking for a short term, dividend paying investment this fund may not be the best option, although focused on seed-stage startups Seedcoin is looking for companies with promising prospects on the medium to long term and dividend distribution is not our main criterion of investment when selecting startups for the fund.

Thanks for answering. Although you still haven't said what ownership % you will get of any of the companies from your investment. Can you answer that at least? That at least should be answerable.
seedcoin

Seedcoin - www.seedco.in

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 05:45:40 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 06:22:15 AM by seedcoin

The median equity stake Seedcoin Fund I should get from each investment in the SFI startups is 10%.
100% of these equity stakes will go to the SFI unit holders therefore the question should be 'What % of ownership will the SFI unitholders hold into the startups?" (not 'us').

There are two main reasons why I cannot give you a precise breakdown of each equity stake per company:
- fundraise on Havelock Investments is not yet complete, the equity stakes effectively acquired by SFI will depend on the actual investments completed (which may differ from the initial intention) so we need to wait for the final amount of the fundraise to know the actual stakes;
- some startups have asked us not to divulge their valuation at this stage.

However, I will go back to each entrepreneur and see who allows me to mention the agreed upon equity stake for the prospective investors of SFI on public forums such as this one. As soon as I get a positive answer from these entrepreneurs, I will publicize the information here.

fyi today's article about Seedcoin and SFI : http://www.coindesk.com/seedcoin-incubator-brings-bitcoin-startups-world/

we are doing our best to provide as much information as we can about this raise and the Bitcoin startups of Seedcoin Fund I to the general public.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:09:03 AM

The median equity stake Seedcoin Fund I should get from each investment in the SFI startups is 10%.
100% of these equity stakes will go to the SFI unit holders therefore the question should be 'What % of ownership will the SFI unitholders hold into the startups?" (not 'us').

There are two main reasons why I cannot give you a precise breakdown of each equity stake per company:
- fundraise on Havelock Investments is not yet complete, the equity stakes effectively acquired by SFI will depend on the actual investments completed (which may differ from the initial intention) so we need to wait for the final amount of the fundraise to know the actual stakes;
- some startups have asked us not to divulge their valuation at this stage.

However, I will go back to each entrepreneur and see who allows me to mention the agreed upon equity stake for the prospective investors of SFI on public forums such as this one. As soon as I get a positive answer from these entrepreneurs, I will publicize the information here.

fyi today's article about Seedcoin and SFI : http://www.coindesk.com/seedcoin-incubator-brings-bitcoin-startups-world/

we are doing our best to provide as much information as we can about this raise and the Bitcoin startups of Seedcoin Fund I to the general public.

Thank you. some solid numbers at last. I will consider investing now Smiley
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 09:15:22 PM

interesting idea, following
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:40:24 AM

What happens if the initial 2M shares don't get sold?
NotStuartuk

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:08:00 PM

The same thing as if the shares sold:  Trading starts, shares tank. 
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:06:46 PM

Can't wait to get in on the post ipo crash.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:02:34 AM

Ah ........
seedcoin

Seedcoin - www.seedco.in

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 08:46:31 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 01:51:45 PM by seedcoin

We will adjust the investment per startup according to total amount raised. We will keep all Seedcoin Fund I unit holders informed of any change in the investment amount depending on total amount of bitcoin raised through this offering.

seedcoin

Seedcoin - www.seedco.in

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:13:38 AM

Announcing SFI Entrepreneurs-Investors Hangout Sessions

We are setting up Q&A sessions with the Seedcoin Fund I entrepreneurs via Google hangout so that potential investors of the SFI IPO on Havelock Investments (https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=SFI) may ask questions to them directly.

First session will be held on Saturday Dec. 28 at 10am GMT with Leon, founder of zSIM. Leon is currently in Australia (GMT+11), we will schedule another session soon at a more suitable time for US-based potential participants. Please connect with zsim@seedco.in for this first google hangout session.

Throughout the upcoming sessions you may ask questions to the founders of BTC.sx, Cryptopay.me, GoCoin.com,  Hivewallet.com, MEXBT.com, and Monero.co. You may find dates and times of future session times on this thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=387030

and on http://www.seedco.in/home/havelock

Recent press clips about Seedcoin and its fund raise for Bitcoin startups :

http://www.coindesk.com/seedcoin-incubator-brings-bitcoin-startups-world/

http://foundersgrid.com/bitcoin-asia

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: