Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:23:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptsy is a HAZARD - again it just ATE 50 LTC - their support is a joke.  (Read 2817 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:05:19 AM

This is the second time that site has taken the order , taken my BTC and not put anything in the order book nor shows held funds in the balance.

The site is a total hazard. Their support is junk, all they say is we'll run an audit and that's it. It's totally screwed. If you trade anything there right now you are asking for trouble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gargouri2001

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:07:09 AM

Yes , cryptsy is a pain , hang a lot and the 502 gateway message is almost guaranteed ,

Trade usually very slow there , but i never lost any coin , some time money just disappear , but appear later in 1 or 2 hours .
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:10:19 AM

It does not appear later, i have lost coins there before and subsequent orders have gone through, this is not a backlog this is the site taking coins away.

All they say is the audit was done and now it should all be okay. They are losing or stealing coins simple as that.

Hampuz

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:16:34 AM

well my BTC is -4.7, now that is messed up...
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:22:11 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 03:51:19 AM by cryptohunter

Their entire site is a mess, the LTC market is just broken. The buy orders sit there higher than the sell orders for ages and ages. The site is just a train wreck.

The slowness, the breaking down, the not being able to sell or buy is bad enough, but now it is just taking away coins that is messed up. This is not the site having a back log , this is the site bumping orders off of the book and losing your coins. If you have multiple coins that chance in value against BTC daily, how the fuck are you meant to know if their audit sorted it all out.

I do not trust that site at all. They may not be intentionally taking coins, but their broken site is 100% losing coins.

Hampuz

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:24:32 AM

Their entire site is a mess, the LTC market is just broken. The buy orders sit there higher than the sell orders for ages and ages. The site is just a train wreck.

The slowness, the breaking down, the not being able to sell or buy is bad enough, but now it is just taking away coins that is messed up. This is not the site having a back log , this is the site bumping orders off of the book and losing your coins. If you have multiple coins that chance in value against BTC daily, how the fuck are you meant to know if their order sorted it all out.

I do not trust that site at all. They may not be intentionally taking coins, but their broken site is 100% losing coins.

Indeed, Well if they do not change it I wont think twice about leaving, only had about 0.4 worth of bitcoins in other coins. But if they in someway say I should pay that 4.7 btc Ill just leave, lots of great exhanges coming up soon anyways Smiley, too bad though since I liked cryptsy before they redid the entire website
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:28:48 AM

The slowness, the breaking down, the not being able to sell or buy is bad enough, but now it is just taking away coins that is messed up. This is not the site having a back log , this is the site bumping orders off of the book and losing your coins. If you have multiple coins that chance in value against BTC daily, how the fuck are you meant to know if their order sorted it all out.

Indeed, Well if they do not change it I wont think twice about leaving, only had about 0.4 worth of bitcoins in other coins. But if they in someway say I should pay that 4.7 btc Ill just leave, lots of great exhanges coming up soon anyways Smiley, too bad though since I liked cryptsy before they redid the entire website

Well don't worry i doubt they will ask you to pay money you never had there, but even so the site is screwed. After 9 days they still can't get the LTC market working. Actually it seems the ADT market is broken too since that just ate coins too.

The site is unreliable and dangerous. I prey daily for some more clued up individuals to start an exchange that works.

Have your coins gone then? how can they say you have got negative BTC? 

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:31:33 AM

A friend of mine just went to add me as her referrer and it showed her referrer was user 'chinchs'. She didnt even know how to add a referrer until I showed her so shes not added this person herself. At first thought I figured someone must have hacked her account but then realised she has SMS/PIN enabled on her phone so this guy has added his own name as her referrer w/o even logging into her account..

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Hampuz

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:33:35 AM

I had alot of different coins but from what I can see its only the btc that i never had they took away. And i can't transfer or withdraw any coins, it only says that I need to fix the negative balance before transferring anything  Huh
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:46:14 AM

Never had any major issues with Cryptsy (150+ trades as of now) besides waiting for deposits.

That's nice for you, however that is not of any use to others losing coins there. This is a warning to others regarding coins going missing. Just because as of yet you have been lucky enough not to lose coins yet does not mean you will not do so in the very near future.

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 03:47:19 AM

Huh

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:02:01 AM

Never had any major issues with Cryptsy (150+ trades as of now) besides waiting for deposits.

That's nice for you, however that is not of any use to others losing coins there. This is a warning to others regarding coins going missing. Just because as of yet you have been lucky enough not to lose coins yet does not mean you will not do so in the very near future.

Yes I appreciate your warning. I was simply saying that the site is not a complete wreck as you state. I have used it for many successful trades and I like it. And yes, I don't like the issues it has either. I'm listening to your call for caution.

Yes, some of the markets work okay. However just when you think it is working okay you may just find it breaks and takes your coins. LTC market is screwed. QRK was screwed but seems better now. I think any market that gets action seems to fail.

If it just failed or went slowly that is one thing, but when it actually loses coins that is time to get some experts in and forget running this as a couple of dudes who thought they'd make an exchange. This involves peoples money now and the volume is at a level where they need to take this site seriously or else just put it up for sale to a company that can take over and get it running properly. 9-10 days of a broken exchange tells me that the wrong people are running it or else they need a lot of help.

happygeorge

Activity: 146

In da Jungle!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:02:56 AM

I'm having issues also, and a friend just reported that after signing up, his username and password do not work!

Luckily he hadn't deposited anything yet.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:12:18 AM

I'm having issues also, and a friend just reported that after signing up, his username and password do not work!

Luckily he hadn't deposited anything yet.

He's lucky he couldn't get on. Seriously i'm wishing i had never been able to logon, the place has caused me more stress than it was worth. On top of this i am having coins taken for orders that never show on the books.

Seriously, they can not handle 50% of the users they have now, why they have an affil scheme to attract others is total madness.

eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:21:21 AM

0.03 BTC and the coins I bought with it are just gone. Not in my balances, listed as trade, or anything. Never had any issue but deposit delay before.

Submitted a support ticket.

RyZombie

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:30:30 AM

I feel your pain it just ate 5.8 LTC on me Sad

It doesn't show up anywhere, (open orders, balance, recent trades) it's like its just up and gone! Sad

But, such is the cryptocurrency life I guess eh?

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:33:32 AM

My 270 SRC deposit are still missing from Nov28.  So glad Vern can go to Vegas to hang out at a bitcoin convension dork fest instead of fixing the train wreck.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:51:48 AM

This is the second time that site has taken the order , taken my BTC and not put anything in the order book nor shows held funds in the balance.

The site is a total hazard. Their support is junk, all they say is we'll run an audit and that's it. It's totally screwed. If you trade anything there right now you are asking for trouble.

What is this, like thread 26 you have created crying about Cryptsy?

If you keep depositing money and losing money, that makes you blatantly stupid, not Cryptsy bad.

~BCX~

Lol your logic there is quite worrying, and your english terrifying.  If i am depositing and losing money that does not make cryptsy bad?? WTF
Please stop endlessly talking rubbish. Were you or were you not threatening to destroy cryptsy a couple of weeks ago?  Accusing them of fixing things and scamming you out of money?Huh

Either they were scamming you, they had a bug that was causing you to lose money or you had forgotten to take your meds again that day and were ranting and screaming over nothing.

Now you're their biggest fan?  What did they give you? some much needed TLC?  

Get out of your bunker more and experience the world. Going live cam with vern isn't as good as it gets you know.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:08:16 AM

I feel your pain it just ate 5.8 LTC on me Sad

It doesn't show up anywhere, (open orders, balance, recent trades) it's like its just up and gone! Sad

But, such is the cryptocurrency life I guess eh?

Were you buying LTC or selling LTC, was it in the LTC/BTC market?

this is exactly what happened to me, i put the order in it took the BTC, no order showed and nothing in the balances or order book? this is over an hour ago. This before when i tried to buy LTC also.

It is a nightmare.

aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:10:57 AM

I have a similar issue, I had 2000~ dgc just disappear out of my account, still waiting for Vern to do something about it, but I am waiting patiently, been about 5-6 days now.

All is good as long as it gets worked out eventually Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: