Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:55:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy has now made MCXNow look like a class act  (Read 1804 times)
hypostatization (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:46:17 PM

MCX realized that its support system could not keep up with demand. It suspended trading and ensured all users were able to withdraw funds. Its creator is now actively working to improve the system, so that it can re-open and effectively meet demand.

Cryptsy has proven itself insecure, unstable, and unable to handle load. Its customer support is abysmal.

Ultimately: MCX chose to sacrifice revenue before sacrificing the experience and safety of its users; meanwhile Cryptsy lines its pockets with abandon.

I never thought I would reach this conclusion, but MCXNow looks like a class act in the Alt market world.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
bidji29

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:47:20 PM

I agree

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
6strings

Activity: 441

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:48:53 PM

Haha. So true.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:50:34 PM

Yes, halt all trading allow people to remove coins. I agree.

The site is totally broken on the markets that have volume. Nothing can be traded, the last 5 trades i have tried have all failed and coins are missing. They were small trades to test but still some people must be worried if they have conducted large trades.

I have no doubt they will get their coins back after an audit, but the exchange is broken now. Suspend all trades before the situation gets worse.

If you can't scale these sites, just replicate them for now.

stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:55:27 PM

you are full of sh**t

stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:57:09 PM

why the f**ck have you come to cryptsy . wait for MCX to get open, which is not gone happen.

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:01:10 PM

Yes, halt all trading allow people to remove coins. I agree.

The site is totally broken on the markets that have volume. Nothing can be traded, the last 5 trades i have tried have all failed and coins are missing. They were small trades to test but still some people must be worried if they have conducted large trades.

True dat - broken
LiteMine

Activity: 380

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:01:10 PM

MCX realized that its support system could not keep up with demand. It suspended trading and ensured all users were able to withdraw funds. Its creator is now actively working to improve the system, so that it can re-open and effectively meet demand.

Cryptsy has proven itself insecure, unstable, and unable to handle load. Its customer support is abysmal.

Ultimately: MCX chose to sacrifice revenue before sacrificing the experience and safety of its users; meanwhile Cryptsy lines its pockets with abandon.

I never thought I would reach this conclusion, but MCXNow looks like a class act in the Alt market world.

Yeah I'm sure it had nothing to do with RS selling millions in fee shares just weeks before shutting down.

Cryptsy may have serious problems, but spinning this to make RS look like a saint is fucking hilarious. But 19 posts and you're the expert, obv.
hypostatization (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:06:17 PM

Yeah I'm sure it had nothing to do with RS selling millions in fee shares just weeks before shutting down.

Cryptsy may have serious problems, but spinning this to make RS look like a saint is fucking hilarious.

I think you are missing some details. RS has not taken off. If he was fleeing with the funds, it would have happened by now. He is actively working on the next version of his site.

Also never said RS was a Saint. I agree that would be hilarious, just like anyone saying Cryptsy has integrity today.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:11:28 PM

Why it's most of the time the newbies that are full of crap..

Cryptsy might be laggy sometimes because it was prepared for this many users / deals made, true. But it isn't insecure, unstable or whats however. The current amount of tickets made by (new) users also works out on delayed tickets. 

I think it's just because they didn't expect this popularity, but it isn't insecure or something. Anyway, wait months (or years) untill that website shows up again and join them.  I'm off, I won't join them anymore.  You know why? They didn't even send a message (an e-mail) that they were going to close. If I didn't checked my balances on MXCnow, I didn't even know they were going to close and I would have lost all my coins.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
hypostatization (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:15:38 PM

Why it's most of the time the newbies that are full of crap..

Cryptsy might be laggy sometimes because it was prepared for this many users / deals made, true. But it isn't insecure, unstable or whats however. The current amount of tickets made by (new) users also works out on delayed tickets. 

I think it's just because they didn't expect this popularity, but it isn't insecure or something. Anyway, wait months (or years) untill that website shows up again and join them.  I'm off, I won't join them anymore.  You know why? They didn't even send a message (an e-mail) that they were going to close. If I didn't checked my balances on MXCnow, I didn't even know they were going to close and I would have lost all my coins.

Stability? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=360830.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348085.0

Security? http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1s73f7/i_have_sent_back_the_60_btc_i_was_mistakenly_able/

LiteMine

Activity: 380

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:36:50 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 05:50:43 PM by LiteMine

Cryptsy may have serious problems, but spinning this to make RS look like a saint is fucking hilarious.

I think you are missing some details. RS has not taken off. If he was fleeing with the funds, it would have happened by now. He is actively working on the next version of his site.

Also never said RS was a Saint. I agree that would be hilarious, just like anyone saying Cryptsy has integrity today.

Ok, I get it. Cryptsy had to fall pretty far to make MCXnow look good. Jesus, crypto is messed up. Where are the professionals here? If Cryptsy was a bigger company, heads would have rolled by now. But we need to hope they get their shit together or where will we trade our "lesser" coins? We need to start forum trading more like the old days, build a rep, use escrow...profit? I know it's a scammer's haven, but people need to use the tools available.

Unfortunately, I'm mostly staying on the sidelines until this is fixed. And I love how Vern tweets about fixing the chatbox, like that matters.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:08:53 PM

Ok, I get it. Cryptsy had to fall pretty far to make MCXnow look good. Jesus, crypto is messed up. Where are the professionals here? If Cryptsy was a bigger company, heads would have rolled by now. But we need to hope they get their shit together or where will we trade our "lesser" coins? We need to start forum trading more like the old days, build a rep, use escrow...profit? I know it's a scammer's haven, but people need to use the tools available.

Unfortunately, I'm mostly staying on the sidelines until this is fixed. And I love how Vern tweets about fixing the chatbox, like that matters.

We need rather a company with LARGE pockets to create an exchange that can handle 100,000's of active traders that can scale to millions at a reasonable rate. Will this happen? i hope so. The potential revenue for them would be huge. I think cryptsy will come through this, but there will be a next time and and next time this happens. Who knows if it is the cost of keeping servers redundant or if the site simply does not scale easily.  If they cut api off, banned bots and terminated idle sessions after a short period perhaps they can get back to normal sooner.

Even better than the above, multiple exchanges like cryptsy. If nobody else can step up then why can they not clone it to another domain and run another exchange, maybe it is just too much for one db and is complex for loadbalancing or virtualisation  to handle all those coins and all of those transactions?  The task they are facing must be huge i mean really huge. The db queries must be mad.

dfox101

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:18:03 PM

hmm interesting thoughts
hypostatization (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:53:50 PM

In no way does Cryptsy's issues make Realsolid look honest.

Realsolid sold millions of USD in mcxFEES knowing full well he was going to close mcxNOW. It was a con from the beginning.

The entire purpose of mcxNOW was to create a phony platform from which to hype some now worthless mcxFEES.

A very brilliant and diabolically genius long con that was executed flawlessly.

~BCX~

Except... RealSolid has not closed MCX. He has suspended trading to improve the site. Making up things does not make BitcoinEXpress look honest.

belltown

Activity: 301

still can't change my profile pic

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:58:56 PM

I'm not sure why this whole discussion.

MCXNow = RealSolid = SCAM

If Cryptsy has problems then it still doesn't change the fact that MCXNow is a scam. You can't trust RS more just because Cryptsy has some problems.

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PinkPotatos

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:06:45 PM

Cryptsy supports 100 markets while MCXNOW couldnt support 6 with out closing its doors and running off with all of the $$ he made from those made up FEEs. Fair comparison!

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
hypostatization (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:07:57 PM

Cryptsy supports 100 markets while MCXNOW couldnt support 6 with out closing its doors and running off with all of the $$ he made from those made up FEEs. Fair comparison!

Except he never ran off?

hypostatization (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:10:06 PM

I'm not sure why this whole discussion.

MCXNow = RealSolid = SCAM

If Cryptsy has problems then it still doesn't change the fact that MCXNow is a scam. You can't trust RS more just because Cryptsy has some problems.

I am genuinely confused. How is MCXNow a scam?

PinkPotatos

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:10:17 PM

Except he never ran off?

How do you know? Smiley You dont even know who she is.

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: