Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:43:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted by request  (Read 50559 times)
shazbits

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:16:39 AM

no whats fueling this is a bunch of new people showing up pissed that they are not magically making money, websites go down or get ddos;d, whats is different about this.

What's different about this is that people pay Cryptsy. Fees. You don't pay random websites so you don't care that they go down. If you pay for some delivery or for bank transfers and the money vanishes or is incredibly delayed, you'd have every right to be pissed. Stop the hypocrisy. Here it's the same thing. Look at the volume, fees must add up to a lot of cash (that's why they don't do "No fees until it's resolved").
LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:19:07 AM

I think they refunded trading fees not too long ago when there were major issues, that could be appropriate here.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:26:25 AM

While its no fun having orders not working and coins going missing (for which I think all trading should be suspended), I don't think any of this warrants a complaint to the Florida Attorney General.

Causing trouble for cryptsy worst case outcome is one less place to dump all our scamcoins  Cry
wheatrich

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:37:40 AM

.1%?  you clearly don't realize how many messages they get every day all of whom think that they're the only one sending one and deserve an immediate response/resolution
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:38:35 AM

he has done several twitter updates, and who the hell are you to dictate anything to anyone, would you actually be happy if cryptsy was shutdown, over some computer problem, just so you could seem like an internet big man, if this is how you deal with problems, then the crypto game is not for you.  They have over 10000 tickets if it takes just 1 minute per ticket thats 10000 minutes.  i would say just go to another exchange and stop wasteing you time if it makes you this mad. And yes i have like 2btc locked up i know its not much but i believe it will be back soon, just like last time.

J.
aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:45:32 AM

If this actually starts some legal action against Cryptsy, good luck at ever seeing your coins again. Instead of having one issue to deal with, they'll have two, the second of which takes precedence over getting your coins back.

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:49:09 AM

i also just talked to crypsty on freenet, they were super nice and instantly fixed my account.  thanks mullick that was awesome. and to everyone else have faith it is working.

j
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:54:11 AM

Cryptsy needs to sell more shares and hire some Wall Street Caliber programmers to take over the development of the trading engine.

There is a reason why Mt.Gox only has BTC and still experiences problems.

There is a reason why BTC-E has very few coins trading.

Perhaps scrap the whole "web-based" trading platform and find a way to integrate a real Direct Market Access Platform such as Laser, Sterling Trader Pro, X-Trader or Metatrader 4.

We don't need a troll box.
We don't need a million shit coins gumming up the works.
We don't want shitty bots like C.A.T ping ponging the order book with small size, making trades slow to a crawl.

We want secure deposits, fast order execution, zero lag trading, hot keys to execute trades. We want to be able to trade real size, real liquidity.

I am a share holder and an active trader. Anyone saying "boo hoo quit crying its a free service blah blah" can suck my left testicle. I pay fees to trade, I take a risk by being a shareholder. If Cryptsy needs to charge a monthly subscription in order to be able to deliver these things, I would gladly pay.

Cryptsy get your shit together.

I agree completely.  I never use a web based platform for futures/stocks/options.  I have used various platforms with Interactive Brokers in the past several years and it would be great to get even close to that caliber for cryptos.  Although during the flash crash in May 2010 there was some major lag on ES..

Any legal complaints would be idiotic to say the least.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:19:57 AM

I agree completely.  I never use a web based platform for futures/stocks/options.  I have used various platforms with Interactive Brokers in the past several years and it would be great to get even close to that caliber for cryptos.  Although during the flash crash in May 2010 there was some major lag on ES..

Any legal complaints would be idiotic to say the least.

I traded prop for 3 years. I traded right through the crash of 2008-2009. Not close to the Flash Crash of 2010, but 600 point drop in the DOW when I traded the crash of 2008 definitely made our cornholes pucker up! Our trading floor had 40 traders, and just as many programmers and developers in another room making sure our DMA platforms were on point. We even had some million dollar traders who had their own personal programmers who would work side by side to make sure trades happened.

sidestory: witnessed one guy move APPL for a $20000 profit in seconds, and APPL was trading at 90 bucks at the time! we used our own inhouse software "Prosper Pro" and the second that platform got buggy/laggy/glitchy, our elite squad of ninja coders/programmers/devs would be on the case fixing it. We also had a lot of broken screens/keyboards/mouse from people unleashing anger, some of those times it was because of the software we were using.

Needless to say, we do have a lot of whales with vasts amounts of BTC tied up in Cryptsy. We just want some reassurances that everything is alright. Its hard to stay calm when 50+ BTC just vanishes from the balance with no real transaction record to reclaim the missing BTC. 
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:26:23 AM

he has done several twitter updates, and who the hell are you to dictate anything to anyone, would you actually be happy if cryptsy was shutdown, over some computer problem, just so you could seem like an internet big man, if this is how you deal with problems, then the crypto game is not for you.  They have over 10000 tickets if it takes just 1 minute per ticket thats 10000 minutes.  i would say just go to another exchange and stop wasteing you time if it makes you this mad. And yes i have like 2btc locked up i know its not much but i believe it will be back soon, just like last time.

J.

Who the hell am I? A resident of Florida that appears to be defrauded by a Florida based company of a fairly large size of money, that's who which gives me a lot of legal rights and I would be happy to go to another exchange if they would in fact return my money. Mr. Vernon is completely stupid if he doesn't address this situation before Monday and I file at the AG's office in Gainesville. If he has a enough time to party and buy drinks in Vegas while at the Bitcoin Conference, then he damn sure has enough time to tap out a few lines for an update. Unlike that ass clown that ran mcxnow.com, this guy's location is well known and very touchable.

Let's let them get back from vegas and see if they can fix it up. I have been really pissed at the sites performance and their lack of ability to speed it up, however i would not think they would rip us off they seem a very above board operation.
Just give it a few more days and see what happens first.

DrGoose

Activity: 93

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:34:18 AM

invest into a known high risk and unstable infrastructure.

You should submit that as a marketing slogan.

As much as we accept risk, so does Big Vern. I think he can make good with the community here---even turn it around to his and our own benefit. He has yet to do so. Cryptsy needs to be able to perform under pressure, both as a site and as a business. He will build faith delivering under those conditions. Calling for slack is not going to solve things. Let the man perform.

I hear you and agree that some healthy pressure help get things done. I just worry here that the OP initiative of getting the Florida Attorney General is too much.

Authorities can decide to just squash Cryptsy. This might be easier on short term (even for BigVern) versus fighting over legal precedent for virtual currency exchanges... I just hope we do not test that path so early in the game. Cryptsy is barely 1 year old and likely too weak to face the scrutiny of an attorney general.

eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:36:40 AM

OP if you want to wait until exchange sites are stable from being established for multiple years please do so.

If you don't want to then you have to deal with the growing pains.

Complaining to the Attorney General because a new site has problems will either be ignored by them because seriously what a childish thing to do when it is expected or they will try to grasp that moment to destroy cryptocurrency exchanges all together.

I am also missing currency but I am going to wait it out because obviously this is all tied to a real person who has officially started this business and can't abandon ship that easily with everyone's coins.

Idiots.

FuckTheDollar

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 03:52:47 AM

Ya'll should try the site now. Running very good atm
base20

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:28:43 AM

I really would like to trade but I'd rather not risk having more problems.  My balance is still not corrected but would love to hear when it's functioning correctly so I can resume trading.

It looks like its working now but it looked like it was working when i put in a trade order yesterday too lol
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:28:56 AM

Ya'll should try the site now. Running very good atm

I sent 5 BTC roughly 2 hours ago---which now has 12 confirmations---and it is not showing up under any status on Cryptsy yet.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:30:43 AM

Who the hell am I? A resident of Florida that appears to be defrauded by a Florida based company of a fairly large size of money

Money? wtf lol when did cryptsy start accepting fiat?
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:35:58 AM

[12/6/2013 10:39:45 PM] r3wt: hey man, Cryptsy is seriously fucked right now. i think you need to shut it down before cryptsy's reputation is damaged any further. it might be good for pr if you act proactively instead of retroactively. i'm sure you've already heard but people are starting to take to the forums and trash you.
[12/6/2013 10:48:21 PM] Paul Vernon: Well, they've been trashing me since day 1
[12/6/2013 10:50:42 PM] r3wt: well screw them lol. just thought i would let you know alot ofpeople are reporting missing coins etc.
[12/6/2013 10:52:03 PM] Paul Vernon: I'm still working through the list.  seems there are some unprocessed deposits here and there
[12/6/2013 10:52:19 PM] r3wt: ok, do you mind if i share that with the backroom?
[12/6/2013 10:52:48 PM] Paul Vernon: there was a bug yesterday that i plugged up pretty quickly
[12/6/2013 10:54:08 PM] Paul Vernon: more servers going in tomorrow.   will give us 2x web capacity
[12/6/2013 10:55:57 PM] r3wt: i hope it is resolved soon for everyones sake. cryptsy is really the pillar of the alt exchanges
[12/6/2013 10:58:58 PM] Paul Vernon: got another developer starting end of next week.  Should help me from pulling my hair out
[12/6/2013 11:00:12 PM] r3wt: i feel for ya. Customers never understand the sacrifices a sys admin makes to get the job done.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:05:44 AM

communication?
can't you all read?
when you are in the "dashboard" of the cryptsy account there is a TWEETS from bigVern on the buttom of the page.
he is updating constantly.

smaragda

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:51:57 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2013, 06:59:02 AM by smaragda

Where is a Chill Pill when you need one?!?!?!

Why don't you guys start reporting to the IRS the capital gains from your crypto trading too?!?   Angry
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:05:55 AM

Where is a Chill Pill when you need one?!?!?!

Why don't you guys start reporting to the IRS the capital gains from your crypto trading too?!?

yeah like the ones complaining the most ever have a capital gain  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: