Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:44:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted by request  (Read 50557 times)
xapno

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:44:57 AM

Currently waiting on 17btc worth of coins to show on my account. It has been 4 days, but im just being patient. They are super busy.
roozifus

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:46:35 AM

How about some kind of crowd funded new exchange? surely someone could step up and start another cryptsy and another crypsty ...why is there just one?

Because it's really, really, really hard to build and maintain a good trading platform.
It's even harder to make it secure.
It's even harder to make it scale well when a bunch of new users join.

Even if you have millions of dollars to spent on the project and an experienced team, it's still really hard.

Hopefully we'll see some more exchanges pop up soon but I wouldn't hold my breath. There are simply not that many people in the world who have the technical / business / legal expertise to build a first class trading platform (which is what everybody seems to be demanding).

Personally I think cryptsy have been doing an amazing job of keeping things together, but maybe that's because I'm a software developer and I know how hard they must have been working to just to keep everything running over the last month.

I certainly agree that missing coins are a serious issue that needs to be resolved. And I even support OP taking whatever actions he feels necessary to try to retrieve those coins. But I really can't understand why there is so much hate for cryptsy here.

Just imagine for a second that cryptsy is gone, where are you going to trade your alt coins?

There is no other alt trading site that can handle 1/10th of the users cryptsy is currently supporting. (plz correct me if I'm wrong).
oxxymoronn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:47:22 AM

Well you can wait for Cryptsy to resolve they're technical issues and accommodate the explosion of growth and server load they have experienced like the rest of us....

Or... might as well call the president bro! it's time for action
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:48:47 AM

How about some kind of crowd funded new exchange? surely someone could step up and start another cryptsy and another crypsty ...why is there just one?

Because it's really, really, really hard to build and maintain a good trading platform.
It's even harder to make it secure.
It's even harder to make it scale well when a bunch of new users join.

Even if you have millions of dollars to spent on the project and an experienced team, it's still really hard.

Hopefully we'll see some more exchanges pop up soon but I wouldn't hold my breath. There are simply not that many people in the world who have the technical / business / legal expertise to build a first class trading platform (which is what everybody seems to be demanding).

Personally I think cryptsy have been doing an amazing job of keeping things together, but maybe that's because I'm a software developer and I know how hard they must have been working to just to everything collapsing over the last month.

I certainly agree that missing coins are a serious issue that needs to be resolved. And I even support OP taking whatever actions he feels necessary to try to retrieve those coins. But I really can't understand why there is so much hate for cryptsy here.

Just imagine for a second that cryptsy is gone, where are you going to trade your alt coins?

There is no other alt trading site that can handle 1/10th of the users cryptsy is currently supporting. (plz correct me if I'm wrong).

I believe you are correct there.

However why can cryptsy not clone their site a few times, let's have 10 cryptsy sites if needed.  If you can't easily scale this lets just replicate it for now.  Is it not as straight forward as this?

Crypsty ran great with 5000 members, i suspect their platform now can run great with 15k-20k  if it is impossible to scale it to 100k  let's just have several exchanges for now. It's a messy solution but really it can't be worse than it is now.

achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:50:01 AM

I've seen delays with cryptsy transfers but never an outright failure to transfer. Are you sure you guys didn't just see a delay?
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:54:23 AM

Currently waiting on 17btc worth of coins to show on my account. It has been 4 days, but im just being patient. They are super busy.

Do they show in pending or is there any evidence of their existence in your account?  There isn't with mine.  If that's a common problem right now then I will be patient, but if not then I'm asking for advice as to what to do next.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:55:07 AM

I've seen delays with cryptsy transfers but never an outright failure to transfer. Are you sure you guys didn't just see a delay?

Has there been delays of over 6 hours on withdrawals before??? this is the worst as yet for me on the withdrawal side of things.

oxxymoronn

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:56:08 AM

I experienced the same problem. No record of transaction.

Submitted a ticket and it was resolved the next day>

Cancelled phone call to Obama.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:59:21 AM

probably. the thing is, i haven't seen any proof of any of these allegations. doesn't mean they aren't true, just haven't seen proof. I for one don't trade on cryptsy because of all the problems. It is what it is. Doesn't mean i'll join in the fud attack. Last time i talked to Paul he was bringing in an additional programmer to help him iron the kinks out. All cryptsy employees have been working full time to sort this out. they get about 1500 support tickets per day. not enough man hours right now to keep up, but they are working hard to rectify the situation(atleast that's what they've told me.)

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
cryptoBoomer

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:06:14 AM

I just had a chat with Vern on Skype, and decided to dig a lil', here's the convo::

[8:34:09 PM] Vernon: I will be giving users a self-audit button tonight.   also there will be better reports coming out for you guys

[8:34:14 PM] ME: Can I actually make a few suggestions while I got you?

[8:34:18 PM] Vernon: sure

[8:37:21 PM] ME: Each coin page - that left column = so many inefficiencies for load balancing 50K+ users in different regions. I don't think anyone cares to see 94 pairs fluctuating while on their chosen coin page to trade. Those pages (imo) should only have the order books for that coin - that's it - so much less load.

Second - I don't know who did your algo/matching engine but buying/selling needs 3 clicks, many popups, no grouping of orders, can't buy into big walls, only a few trades a minute, orders pop up in opposite column before showing in proper column, much delay.. I think new servers is great but you guys really need to optimize your data layout per page and the way your engine/algo works.

[8:39:56 PM] ME: Perhaps you're already doing all this, and if so - kudos, I think you are currently in a do or die situation with the market and accepting new users while not being able to keep up with current userbase needs is asking for a lot of trouble. I'm not sure what the sequence to fix all this is and I'm sure your hands are full so this is just me pretending to be in your shoes and prioritizing what's most important - right now your infrastructure and PR are both kinda crumbling and you're a victim of your own success (good problem to have I suppose just hope it's temporary). Hope you don't mind this comment.

[8:42:18 PM] Vernon: yes, right now my main focus is trade engine.   I made a change yesterday which speeds it up quite a bit, but then the database had some issues today - that is the next thing that is getting upgraded (probably monday night)

[8:42:35 PM] ME: So YOU actually coded the engine?

[8:42:56 PM] ME: Do you have others working on it with you or just solo?

[8:43:01 PM] Vernon: The tickers on the left are probably the least load intensive, since they are just push notifications via broadcase

[8:43:05 PM] Vernon: *broadcast

[8:43:26 PM] ME: I see - so it's all engine lag - wow mate.

[8:43:44 PM] Vernon: I created the entire site as it currently is.   A new developer just started thursday, but it will likely take some time before he can jump into things

[8:43:51 PM] ME: Is there a huge dev. differentiating factor between you guys and say the gox/btc-e engine?

[8:44:20 PM] Vernon: Well, if you remember, the original Gox engine had some major lag itself.  sometimes several minutes.

[8:45:26 PM] ME: Yes true - so did BTC-e - however that was during huge pumps, and they only have one pair - your system is probably a lot more robust to be able to handle all the activity but as you see it's overloading for weeks even with your new servers and tweaks.

[8:46:15 PM] Vernon: There are a few redesigns I'm working on, but these things take a bit of time to build and test

[8:46:20 PM] ME: Just trying to gage what/how big to go with you guys, have a lot of reserves, a little afraid to trade, do you actually see your site/engine being as fast as gox/btc-e ever or are you in totally unchartered waters re how to proceed and what the outcome may be?

[8:47:00 PM] ME: I have owned a media/dev company and run 40+ sites so I admire what you've done and respect the challenge, not digging at you hope you see this as a positive critique.

[8:47:44 PM] Vernon: eventually it will be extremely fast, I'm working on migrating the data storage for the order books into a much faster storage mechanism

[8:48:29 PM] ME: Cool, are you guys also buying tons more servers and is that also a big differentiating factor now compared to others or does it not matter after a certain point and it's all engine from there..?

[8:50:28 PM] Vernon: it's both software and hardware upgrades.  We can only do so much by throwing more hardware at it

[8:50:30 PM] ME: If that's too sensitive, a better way to phrase my question :: Do you have a timeline re your response to the market or is it an ongoing battle with uncertainty re next needs hardware/software wise?

[8:51:05 PM] ME: This convo is actually very productive and think many need to read this - do you mind if I post the latter part of it on the boards where people are freaking out?

[8:51:21 PM] Vernon: I am consulting with people who have designed large complex systems before, to determine where our bottlenecks are

[8:51:37 PM] Vernon: I would like the system to be able to handle 1m trades a day at least in every market.

[8:51:57 PM] Vernon: You may post it.   Just don't post my Skype id.  Wink

[8:52:34 PM] ME: That would be dreamy, I would like it to instantaneously fill my orders and eat through walls like btc-e/gox, once you're there, you guys are going to win a big market race, I wish you best of luck and don't mind if I nudge you in the near to check in. Have a great day!

[8:54:28 PM] Vernon: You are on my list now, so I'll likely respond to any questions.  Smiley

------------------

I won't lie, I do feel a bit better re Cryptsy's near future.
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:49:15 AM

probably. the thing is, i haven't seen any proof of any of these allegations. doesn't mean they aren't true, just haven't seen proof. I for one don't trade on cryptsy because of all the problems. It is what it is. Doesn't mean i'll join in the fud attack. Last time i talked to Paul he was bringing in an additional programmer to help him iron the kinks out. All cryptsy employees have been working full time to sort this out. they get about 1500 support tickets per day. not enough man hours right now to keep up, but they are working hard to rectify the situation(atleast that's what they've told me.)

After laying off for two weeks, or there about, I did many deposits, trades, and withdrawals on the 12th and 13th (the last two days) to get some of over 2 dozen crypto types that I hold re-balanced, and add a few to the mix, and all without any serious problems.

But I did take notes on all trades and deposits, and withdrawals, just in case, just before clicking to execute. I also copied and pasted the open orders to notepad as soon as they displayed. Just as precautions due to all the system stress. But it wasn't needed (my notes). Everything worked okay. Still I was careful, and had notes just in case I needed them to back track any issues that could have arose.

One deposit (btc) got delayed a while. No biggie.

I incurred a few slight trading delays during peak hours in the PM, and one withdrawal of Prime that didn't go through the first time (2nd time it did) and was then sent straight home without further delay. Also some partial fills didn't display when they should but again no biggie.

In the early PM things are much more busy, and system lagged more. For about 30 minutes I even lost contact at around 6PM CST.

But off peak hours system is humming great! = hint!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------

It's way better than two weeks ago! WAY BETTER. On 12-12 and 12-13-13 things went well enough, reminded me of prior to the late November madness...

But then I don't leave lot's of coin there parked either. Nor it seems do I have the severe difficulty that others have reported. Nor do I leave substantial coin online anywhere for any length of time.

Sure I had deposit delays two weeks ago when all this first started. And one cancelled trade a while back that took hours to re-appear after it vanished when cancelled (the coins). But other than what is mentioned here it's again working smooth during the early AM before most are awake, and after 11PM too for that matter.

During the work day it was okay too. Just around the time most get home from work till they go to bed was the system seriously straining and lagging to any larger degree (hint).

So I stopped almost all trades for the last two 2 weeks. And finally dipped my toes in. I waited until one deposit would display at Cryptsy, then after it did the next one was sent. Repeated that many times. Many different types of coin. Same on trades, I took notes and waited before moving on to the next trade.

I also keep as few Cryptsy tabs/windows in my browser open as possible now to avoid stressing the system with any trades, etc. that I place. That may help others?

Anyway the system is now okay off peak hours, running good. At least for myself it was then. Only peak times was their a bit of lag, and even communication disconnection for about half an hour at 6PM CST on the 12th.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:08:37 AM

Has there been delays of over 6 hours on withdrawals before??? this is the worst as yet for me on the withdrawal side of things.

yes.

And usually they seem to go through, but delayed. Obviously some claim otherwise but eventually all mine clear on their own without support. I just patiently wait and I don't worry about it. One way or another it will all get fixed.

When all this started one deposit took 12 hours (2 weeks ago),  for some other folk it's taken day(s) to finally get deposits/withdrawals through.

Don't fret. Take notes, get some sleep. Don't worry Their not scamming us. Just overwhelmed system some of the time.

I made many deposits and then after done trading many withdrawals the last two days. All worked. Only one deposit delay, and one failed attempted withdrawal that a 2nd attempt solved quickly.

Best to trade during off Peak hours. See my prior post for better times. Likely transfers to and from work better then too.

It's obvious their not 'ripping people off'. Or at least that certainly appears to be the case on this end. And it's obvious their support staff is overwhelmed with thousands of tickets, many repeat requests and not enough data so their slowed way down in responding when so little information is given. Read that somewhere here on another thread?

Don't worry. Seems it all keeps working out. Sadly some fear and panic far too quickly. Relax. Chill. It will work out.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
xapno

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:25:33 AM

Do they show in pending or is there any evidence of their existence in your account?  There isn't with mine.  If that's a common problem right now then I will be patient, but if not then I'm asking for advice as to what to do next.

No, nothing on account shows. I contacted support but they are super busy I guess. I would like to start trading it all, but shit happens.
ToxicDartFrog

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:35:10 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 05:59:05 AM by ToxicDartFrog

I tried withdrawing just 3 LTC an hour ago as a test and it's still pending. Yes I did confirm in email. I'm concerned the price of LTC is dropping and am trying to go back to fiat for the next few days but this is holding me up.
Oh let me quote myself and add FUCK YOU CRYPTSY. (look at markets right now) Still haven't sent me my LTC and now I'm taking losses. (I have more than 3 LTC to get out of there)

Sorry if I'm coming off harsh but this is ridiculous and I feel really bad for the guys with a bunch of BTC in limbo as they're beginning to take massive losses as well.

EDIT: I'm going to try a BTC withdrawal and see if I have any luck. Would really like to get back into fiat tonight..
usecoinsnotcash

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:49:41 AM

Just wanted to give a resolved issue.  I put in an order for devcoins with litecoins about 12 hours ago, and the litecoins disappeared and the devcoins never showed up. Luckily after doing a self audit a few minutes ago, the litecoins came back. I did lose out on the buy price of the devcoins, but i am happy that the money was found and my issue was resolved. I completely agree that cryptsy is doing the best they can with the increased volume.. those who file government reports... i curse you to forget your wallet passwords.
revvv

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:08:56 AM

heaters gonna hate

cryptsy ftw I never had problems, always smooth transactions.
darkphantom934

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:16:16 AM

I have lost 2,500 FST on deposits and trades, the FST just disappear into thin air  Cry
ToxicDartFrog

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:15:48 AM

Well after 5+ hours the LTC finally processed and sent. Now I'm still waiting for the BTC :\
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:24:42 PM

As of this morning all of my Cryptsy issues are solved.  Thank you Cryptsy.
stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:30:47 PM

Quoting oxymoron (sic)

"To say Cryptsy is on a bad path is a retarded statement.

They have contributed more to the crypto community then your punk ass ever will.

The valuation that people put on money differentiates greatly depending on they're own personal situations.  For myself, I would of waited to let Cryspty resolve this technical issue.... but obviously the OP has never touched any money of this nature before and freaks the fuck out like 50k means something.

GROW UP! Cryptsy is not trying to steal your chump change you pathetic, ignorant baby!!"

You like using that word "retarded" to your betters. Yet, you can't even construct a sentence that is not littered with simple-minded assertions, cliches and teenage insults.  I don't know you and I don't want to know you. You're a ridiculous little man with no firm grip on the situation. By all means wear your idiocy as a badge of pride, and seek out other idiots to confirm the falsehood that you're a bright spark with his finger on the pulse.

I just hope to God that you never sit on a jury.

+1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: