Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:25:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted by request  (Read 50552 times)
thesaltman

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:32:44 PM

just wanted to let you all know that cryptsy sorted my missing deposit out and i have my coins. dont worry if you have missing coins im sure they will be with you soon. they just did not answer my emails because of the massive volume id say.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johncclarke

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:10:29 PM

TLDR; Cryptsy has also stolen my money (yes, some of us buy coins with "real" money) and absolutely refuse to refund it, instead holding me to ransom.

Long story:
I was one of those who ended up with twice the amount of QRK I was supposed to have. I put in an order to purchase QRK (note, this is almost 2 months ago) and when I came back a while later, the exchange executed TWO buy orders for some stupid reason. I immediately Googled this and found numerous people complaining about Cryptsy "losing" or "stealing" their coins. So I thought I'd do the right things by NOT trying to exploit this bug and making more BTC out of this than I should and, instead, logged a job with Cryptsy. What an absolute stupid fuck of a decision that was... Cryptsy took over 30 days to get back to me. Now during this time the value of QRK dropped significantly, but I couldn't move my original amount out either because my BTC account was NEGATIVE and they prevent withdrawing any coins while any accounts are negative.

So after several back and forths with someone named Braeden (who just didn't quite get what the issue was), I got a response from Vern's lackey BitJohn. Unfortunately they all still believe I clicked a button to "Confirm" a second order - which I explained to them several times I didn't.

Bit John
said 13 days ago
Hello xxxxxx,
So the issue here is you were allowed to overbuy QRK. When you noticed it you should have resold the QRK instead you held onto it until it hit rock bottom. You are still responsible to cover the overbuy you can hold until the coin regains its value if you wish but ultimately you are responsible for your purchases. I will refund you the fees if you wish but you are responsible for the negative balance.

BitJohn
Operations Manager

My response below might seem harsh, but you have to realize, this has been going on for 30 days at this point with numerous back and forth exchanges with the very unhelpful Braeden Long:

said 13 days ago
Hi BitJohn,

I "held onto it" and "until it hit rock bottom"? Seriously, as if this was part of some plan? I LOGGED THIS TICKET as soon as it happened for you to "fix it" rather than me continuing the exploitation of the exchange. I could've ended up making more BTC on this if I sold at, say, a higher value afterwards. I didn't however.. because I did the right thing by logging this ticket and getting you to resolve it. I cannot BELIEVE you encourage exploitation.

Secondly, I did not make the purchase. I made the initial purchase, your system made the second purchase. So you and only you are responsible for the purchase.

1) Your exchange should not have bought for me... never. Shouldn't have happened - for that, you are responsible.
2) Your exchange should not be stealing my QRK by holding onto it because of your bug - for that you are responsible AND IT'S CRIMINAL.
3) Your support should not have taken over 30 days to get back to me and possibly even "conveniently" taken so long making it impossible for me to get this money back because of the price "hitting rock bottom" -  for that, you are responsible.

Please proceed to refund my xxx of QRK to the given address.

xxx

You are welcome to keep the other xxx (which you bought) and let me leave your exchange and I'll never come back and bug you again. You are responsible for the overbuy and therefore you get to keep the other xxx.

I'll ask the same thing from you as I did with Braeden and hope, that as the "Operations Manager", you have the integrity to do the right thing here. Your staff are after all looking up to you for guidance.

Awaiting your reply.

There has been no response since even though I've followed up.

I hope for one of the two outcomes below, ideally both:

1) I get my QRK from the exchange and I won't ever bother with them again.
2) I hope they get shutdown and Vern is thrown in jail for this criminal behavior.

This should provide some answers to those that lost coin and wondered where it went: Cryptsy actively ENCOURAGES the exploitation of their exchange by asking those that end up with more coin than they should (whether intentional or not) to SELL it again rather than waste time logging a job. I also take from this that they will NOT ban or close accounts when you exploit the exchange .. Right? Unless it costs them "money" or "coins" and then you're fucked whether you did the right or the wrong thing. It's a lose-lose situation for you.
jayman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:22:34 PM

I personally haven't had any problems since using Cryptsy other than some delays with deposits and some serious lag at times causing bugs. It seems some people have been stung though and Cryptsy should do the right thing and get those problems fixed ASAP.

broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:27:44 PM

TLDR; Cryptsy has also stolen my money (yes, some of us buy coins with "real" money) ( From the post above)

How does one use "real" money to buy coins at Cryptsy?

Could someone define "real money"? Is it real because you can hold it your hand? Or a wallet, bank, pocket or hide it under ground in jars?

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
johncclarke

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:52:59 PM

TLDR; Cryptsy has also stolen my money (yes, some of us buy coins with "real" money) ( From the post above)

Could someone define "real money"? Is it real because you can hold it your hand? Or a wallet, bank, pocket or hide it under ground in jars?

Oh shit, I knew there would be at least one of you trying to derail the topic by starting a debate about this. That's why I put "real" money in quotes to thwart people like you. Please, just..stop.

Now I don't know whether your question was an honest one or not or you're just trying to fuck around, but no.. you cannot buy coins with "real" (oh shit..I did it again) money on Cryptsy.
broken_pixel

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:33:18 AM

I was not trying to derail the topic. I was making a joke from what you posted, lighten up a bit champ. And I know Cryptsy has not integrated Fiat into the exchange and personally I hope they never do.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:54:25 AM

I was not trying to derail the topic. I was making a joke from what you posted, lighten up a bit champ. And I know Cryptsy has not integrated Fiat into the exchange and personally I hope they never do.

Yeah I can imagine  your USD going bye bye or the BTC not showing up for a day or 2 after you buy it.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
johncclarke

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:58:26 AM

Good, thanks for your input. Even after reading your response for a third time I still miss the joke.. but ok. In regards to the fiat integration, if they do manage to get that going, then at least people getting screwed over will have a leg to stand on. By that I mean the value of fiat is understood by the legal system and worth can be attributed. It's easier to understand if someone said "I transferred $50k to Cryptsy and they stole it" than "I transferred 60 BTC.. etc".

Their "great new" money stealing feature will ultimately be their demise.. well, hopefully  Wink  Admittedly I haven't read through the entire thread but I do hope something comes of this complaint. I'd be keen to join the bandwagon/lynch mob but I'm not a US Citizen. I'll have to look at my options.
lamontweaver

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 01:07:34 AM

I hate thieves, but I hate Narcs and rats worse.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:10:30 AM

I hate thieves, but I hate Narcs and rats worse.

shitclones are the very worst though i need to buy a 500MH farm to 51% all those turds before they get started.

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:45:15 AM

I think he means real in that it is not counterfeit. I guess most of us use some kind of "fake" money.

My favorite "fake" money are white tailed deer. I have several bucks at home.
xIronCrossx

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:01:37 AM

stuff

You most likely kept hitting buy when nothing was confirmed. This happened during a high load time and it IS your fault if you can think logically. When something is getting hammered, do you A. Keep spamming the buy/sell/cancel button or do you B. Hit the button once and then stop touching it.

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
johncclarke

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:15:59 AM

stuff

You most likely kept hitting buy when nothing was confirmed. This happened during a high load time and it IS your fault if you can think logically. When something is getting hammered, do you A. Keep spamming the buy/sell/cancel button or do you B. Hit the button once and then stop touching it.

Lol.. did you even read my post? That is what the "misunderstanding" is about. I'm telling them I didn't click buy twice.. it was one buy order that got executed twice by the exchange. Thanks anyway man.
xIronCrossx

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:36:36 AM

Lol.. did you even read my post? That is what the "misunderstanding" is about. I'm telling them I didn't click buy twice.. it was one buy order that got executed twice by the exchange. Thanks anyway man.

Ok, that happened to me too. I sold more LTC than I actually had, but I knew that was wrong and made sure I had enough to cover it when it would become negative. If you would have researched before you would have realized what to do in case of that. You said you googled it, well then why didn't you sell it right away? No one is saying what Cryptsy allowed with this flaw was OK, we all agree it was a complete fail in their design. But, we knew this and we also knew you would lose money if you didn't sell it right away and got your balance back to positive. Why did you risk losing all your profits?

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
Tumn1s

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:40:35 AM

I've never had a problem with Cryptsy and they've always resolved things in a timely manner. I think they're the best exchange in the US. Everyone taking them to court or complaining about problems with second rate altcoins  is pretty dumb imo.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 05:43:12 AM

stuff

I believe you. Smiley

As you can see, my 42 deposit tripled itself soon after it confirmed. lol

After noticing that my deposit had arrived ... 

Date: 21/01/2014 15:13
To: cryptsy 4JF3YMUj8yxMZUayN1ohfN4nvCuGMRSQjn
Debit: -0.00218592 42
Transaction fee: -0.00000001 42
Net amount: -0.00218593 42
Transaction ID: e76f68b1984f2a732cdadcc5dd2acb1a8d4c42736b6f3bd390daa03599835ea6

I stepped out for a smoke, then came back to this. Shocked  ... I mean Cheesy Grin Tongue  (edit) Seconds before, the deposit's balance was showing as available on the order page.

Then this on the order page ... Roll Eyes

If I'm seeing a surplus, no doubt others are missing coins.

Tread lightly folks...

UPDATE

The 0.00655776 42 is still there.

UPDATE II

The website is down.

johncclarke

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:46:56 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 09:00:18 PM by johncclarke

Ok, that happened to me too. I sold more LTC than I actually had, but I knew that was wrong and made sure I had enough to cover it when it would become negative. If you would have researched before you would have realized what to do in case of that. You said you googled it, well then why didn't you sell it right away? No one is saying what Cryptsy allowed with this flaw was OK, we all agree it was a complete fail in their design. But, we knew this and we also knew you would lose money if you didn't sell it right away and got your balance back to positive. Why did you risk losing all your profits?

I already covered most of your question in my initial post, but you're almost right about one thing.. In hindsight I should've assumed that by trying to do the right thing that I would lose out. With your and Cryptsy's mentality it's a mistake I won't make again. Can you do me a favor and post a link to the research you're referring to? The only stuff I found were people frustrated by losing coins... or, wait, are we talking about the same research except in your conclusion you "sold quickly so you wouldn't potentially lose coins but others would"? I was trying to be selfless rather than selfish. (Inb4 "you miss the point of trading")

I've never had a problem with Cryptsy and they've always resolved things in a timely manner. I think they're the best exchange in the US. Everyone taking them to court or complaining about problems with second rate altcoins  is pretty dumb imo.

It's not the altcoins that are the problem, it's the exchange. I'm glad you've had a positive experience though, MANY of us weren't that lucky.

stuff

I believe you. Smiley

As you can see, my 42 deposit tripled itself soon after it confirmed. lol

Apparently you've been handed an opportunity here my friend! Now that I've been enlightened and I've had confirmation from Cryptsy that exploits are OK, you should ride this wave to richdom!
axmatic

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:26:59 PM

You know, this is really pissing me off. This is not an easy way to make money, at all. First we wade into it, many of us with little to no programing experience, fight through the maze of missing and misinformation, figure out how to get the miners set up, risk our hard earned money, which is which is harder to earn lately because of all the time it took to learn how to get mining efficiently, on hardware that we constantly have to add to and maintain. Then it's time to trade. Some people like to gamble. I don't. So, I pay very close attention to prices, and don't make long term predictions, which makes trading a very meticulous process. But I can reliably make gains that way, and not losses...

... as long as the FUCKING EXCHANGE DOESN'T SUCK.

Since this has to be an income for me, and not play money, I can't make big trades. I barely make 1% on each one, and cryptsy takes half of that, which is fine, as long as the exchange is there for me when I need it. That means that the information I see is in real time, not two minutes old. Thirty seconds is too long. It means that when I withdraw money, the withdraw is processed, then, not days later when the coin the shit is stuck in is selling for half as much and I've lost any gains it could have made me.

We mine all the coins. We make all the trades. We take ALL the risk, they take NONE. We do all the work, and all they have to do is keep the damn exchange working.

These problems are not just mere inconveniences. THEY COST US MONEY!

I'm sure each employee has a difficult job and works very hard. But vern... no.

High patronage is NOT a problem, for ANY business. If your site is to slow to handle the traffic that makes you your money, you need to dump that money that's flooding in on it until it can keep up. He obviously has not been doing enough of that. It's been this way too damn long.

Bter has plenty of volume in DOGE. Their trade fees are 28% less than vern's. They're rescanning the bitcoin blockchain right now, so don't expect a payout until that's done. Other than that, there's no reason for anyone to stay with cryptsy.

If too much traffic is his problem, we should help him out.
Coldchurch

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:04:53 PM

choosing another ex is fair, but crying at the gov is foul. Got no respect for that.
axmatic

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:26:36 PM

choosing another ex is fair, but crying at the gov is foul. Got no respect for that.

↑                  ↑      ↑
That's what I love about this crowd.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: