Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why didn't you sell?  (Read 13304 times)
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:25:43 PM

I didn't sell because I'm hodling.

+1

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:57:54 PM

Dude I don't constantly follow Bitcoin news. Actually I just knew about what happened 10 minutes ago, and saw that the price moved in a way that is very similar to the last move and which I would've predicted.

I won't buy any Bitcoins anytime soon. But you're welcome to donate from the gains you'd be making by actively trading  Tongue

My gains are all in USD now.  All my other coins will stay in deep deep cold lockup until they are either worthless or my life savings.

Now I have to stay glued to charts drawing triangles and waiting for moves so I can know when to start buying back my coins.  If my targets work I will be up 25 coins or so by the end.

I do not like trading much but the technical stuff is too strong ATM.

Well good luck with that.

I believe it'll be worth it as long as Bitcoin is this volatile. Maybe some day active trading will cease becoming attractive but I suggest you take advantage of it while it last.

I believe "Facts" (as opposed to just analysis) as a result of announcements is the way to make money out of it. Facts are facts...and as long as it's clear whether the facts are negative or positive news, it'll be easy to predict the direction of Bitcoins value as a reaction to those news. And since its too volatile ATM, it should be fairly easy to make decent profits, even if your timing was not 100% accurate (Margin of error is wide in such cases)...

You just have demonstrated again that you are a clueless troll.

If it is so easy to trade based on "facts" why aren't you filthy rich?

Both the stock market and Bitcoin are full of "facts". But anybody with half a brain knows that markets are irrational.

You, sir, are a pitiful troll looking for attention. Probably butthurt because you didn't buy BTC at single digits.

Sorry for that, move on.

When will your peanut-sized brain understand that the Bitcoin market does not currently behave in as a complicated way as the stock market?

The stock market is a complex system that has much more variables at play than that of Bitcoin, which is governed by fewer variables making it easier (much easier in fact) to predict.

So while the value of an S&P 500 company might be subject to 100 different variables (having strong correlation with), Bitcoin might only have 4 or 5 of those variables (just to illustrate my point).

That was point number 1.

And point number 2 says the following: Facts are different than analysis, in that facts are events that already happened. FACTS are not just speculations, FACTS have a more predictable effect on the movement of things that belongs to its direct (then indirect) ecosystem. Cause-effect, ever heard of it, you dimwit?

So for example if a company has 80% of its expenses as oil (FACT) and if oil price went up by 100% in a single day (another FACT) then you'd expect the stock of that company to go down (cause-effect). How hard would it be to predict that? (I'm not sure how hard it would be for your mediocre brain but for anything below an IQ or 30 it's pretty straight forward)

I agree Cause-effect might be harder to predict in complex systems but easier in emerging, non-mature, less-complex systems like that of Bitcoin.

Now if I ask a person with an IQ above 30 what he thinks will happen to the value of a Bitcoin (given it's current state) if FACTS say that it's been given negative news in a country like China (where it had one of the biggest market share concentration)...then clearly the person above the IQ of 30 will predict that Bitcoin will go down in value.

But it seems you still have a long way to go before you reach that level of intelligence.

Now do me a favor and read all my previous comments before you come here and start trolling like a stupid maniac because I've already answered concerned similar to the ones you raised and I hate to always repeat myself.

When will your peanut-sized balls actually put your money where your mouth is?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:04:30 PM

I didn't sell because I'm hodling.

+1
Yeah ..we have balls of steel, ask HODL hero  Cool

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:13:51 PM

Be a hodler or be a looser.

Bitcoin hodler forever.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:18:11 PM

I keep trading Bitcoins to others, Im not much smart so I just hodling
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:21:03 PM

I didnt sell because my balls got balls..... heck even my balls hairs got their own balls. Its a tree of balls down there , you hear me?

bitkoinz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:27:17 PM

i sold once, i made $7.00. thats why i hodl
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:55:06 PM

I personally don't hold them ATM, just buy and use.
Mikcik

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:54:16 PM

i didnt sell because i didnt know about the chinesse annoucment
i didnt sell because i was too stupid to register here and follow bitcoin news (i bought in april and and registered here just a week or two ago i think :-) )
i didnt sell because i was too stupid to realize that if i sell when its high and buy when its low i get the same ammount of BTC + a net profit of fiat :-)
i didnt realize that because i was lazy to think about it (bitcoin in general) after my april purchase
i didnt realize it because i belive i might a be little stupid in this issue in general :-)

In my defence i have to say i didnt had any previous market or trading experience AT ALL before buying bitcoin :-)

shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:23:47 PM

I vaguely remember seeing this thread earlier in December, but I quickly dismissed and ignored and missed out on some interesting discussion. I'm glad it got a little play today and that I was able to catch up.

I'm simply posting in here to make it easier for me to come back here and re-read this stuff every time I make a few winning trades and my ego needs a little reality check.

This experience taught me so much about bitcoin, and more importantly about myself, what my greed and fear looked like, how they affected me. Why I did the things I did.

^this^ part especially speaks to me. I'm still trying to understand the *why* of the actions I take, but I am starting to understand why I feel so anxious when the price is going up and why I feel calm when it's crashing. This recent revelation about myself has allowed me to now solidify a position that I feel comfortable with moving forward (as long as we don't break through $4000 range before May - In which case, I'm sure the anxiety attacks will resume, though I hope I will be better equipped to rationally analyze the reasons for my feelings and be able to adjust my position accordingly)

--as to the OP question, I actually did sell. and I went through a swirling range of emotions that caused me to buy back in at 850, sell again at 950-999 range, and then I was lucky enough to get those coins back through a tranche from 800 all the way down to 450. That wasn't smart, educated, or well-advised. It was an emotionally driven series of moves made through panic and fear that caused me real-life physical and emotional distress.

This time I was lucky. I will not be doing that again.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:52:07 PM

I vaguely remember seeing this thread earlier in December, but I quickly dismissed and ignored and missed out on some interesting discussion. I'm glad it got a little play today and that I was able to catch up.

I'm simply posting in here to make it easier for me to come back here and re-read this stuff every time I make a few winning trades and my ego needs a little reality check.

This experience taught me so much about bitcoin, and more importantly about myself, what my greed and fear looked like, how they affected me. Why I did the things I did.

^this^ part especially speaks to me. I'm still trying to understand the *why* of the actions I take, but I am starting to understand why I feel so anxious when the price is going up and why I feel calm when it's crashing. This recent revelation about myself has allowed me to now solidify a position that I feel comfortable with moving forward (as long as we don't break through $4000 range before May - In which case, I'm sure the anxiety attacks will resume, though I hope I will be better equipped to rationally analyze the reasons for my feelings and be able to adjust my position accordingly)

--as to the OP question, I actually did sell. and I went through a swirling range of emotions that caused me to buy back in at 850, sell again at 950-999 range, and then I was lucky enough to get those coins back through a tranche from 800 all the way down to 450. That wasn't smart, educated, or well-advised. It was an emotionally driven series of moves made through panic and fear that caused me real-life physical and emotional distress.

This time I was lucky. I will not be doing that again.

I trade most effectively from a state of equanimity. I no longer try to sell all and buy everything back later at a lower price. The emotional swings start to kick in and stupid decisions are made. Been there, done that ... many times over. Doesn't matter what market - equities, futures, currencies or Bitcoin. What I've learnt is that if I can't remain cool, unemotional, detached, then I need to just stay out of the trade.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4468

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:55:02 PM

Be a hodler or be a looser.

Bitcoin hodler forever.

Be a holder or be a tarder.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4468

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:57:19 PM

If someone who tards is a tarder, then is someone who tards repeatedly a retarder?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:03:15 PM

Dude I don't constantly follow Bitcoin news. Actually I just knew about what happened 10 minutes ago, and saw that the price moved in a way that is very similar to the last move and which I would've predicted.

I won't buy any Bitcoins anytime soon. But you're welcome to donate from the gains you'd be making by actively trading  Tongue

My gains are all in USD now.  All my other coins will stay in deep deep cold lockup until they are either worthless or my life savings.

Now I have to stay glued to charts drawing triangles and waiting for moves so I can know when to start buying back my coins.  If my targets work I will be up 25 coins or so by the end.

I do not like trading much but the technical stuff is too strong ATM.

Well good luck with that.

I believe it'll be worth it as long as Bitcoin is this volatile. Maybe some day active trading will cease becoming attractive but I suggest you take advantage of it while it last.

I believe "Facts" (as opposed to just analysis) as a result of announcements is the way to make money out of it. Facts are facts...and as long as it's clear whether the facts are negative or positive news, it'll be easy to predict the direction of Bitcoins value as a reaction to those news. And since its too volatile ATM, it should be fairly easy to make decent profits, even if your timing was not 100% accurate (Margin of error is wide in such cases)...

You just have demonstrated again that you are a clueless troll.

If it is so easy to trade based on "facts" why aren't you filthy rich?

Both the stock market and Bitcoin are full of "facts". But anybody with half a brain knows that markets are irrational.

You, sir, are a pitiful troll looking for attention. Probably butthurt because you didn't buy BTC at single digits.

Sorry for that, move on.

When will your peanut-sized brain understand that the Bitcoin market does not currently behave in as a complicated way as the stock market?

The stock market is a complex system that has much more variables at play than that of Bitcoin, which is governed by fewer variables making it easier (much easier in fact) to predict.

So while the value of an S&P 500 company might be subject to 100 different variables (having strong correlation with), Bitcoin might only have 4 or 5 of those variables (just to illustrate my point).

That was point number 1.

And point number 2 says the following: Facts are different than analysis, in that facts are events that already happened. FACTS are not just speculations, FACTS have a more predictable effect on the movement of things that belongs to its direct (then indirect) ecosystem. Cause-effect, ever heard of it, you dimwit?

So for example if a company has 80% of its expenses as oil (FACT) and if oil price went up by 100% in a single day (another FACT) then you'd expect the stock of that company to go down (cause-effect). How hard would it be to predict that? (I'm not sure how hard it would be for your mediocre brain but for anything below an IQ or 30 it's pretty straight forward)

I agree Cause-effect might be harder to predict in complex systems but easier in emerging, non-mature, less-complex systems like that of Bitcoin.

Now if I ask a person with an IQ above 30 what he thinks will happen to the value of a Bitcoin (given it's current state) if FACTS say that it's been given negative news in a country like China (where it had one of the biggest market share concentration)...then clearly the person above the IQ of 30 will predict that Bitcoin will go down in value.

But it seems you still have a long way to go before you reach that level of intelligence.

Now do me a favor and read all my previous comments before you come here and start trolling like a stupid maniac because I've already answered concerned similar to the ones you raised and I hate to always repeat myself.

I hope you were able to change your position as quickly as the "facts" change:

Any "facts" in a market are only temporary beliefs.  Yes, the government statement happened.  That is a fact.  But when you apply that to a market it becomes a belief because there are other possible interpretations of the available facts.  It is you who added the word "negative".

P.S. Your communication style makes you seem like a cocky asshole.  Mine does too at times.  I recommend spending less time on insults and more time on substance.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:31:23 PM

Now if I ask a person with an IQ above 30 what he thinks will happen to the value of a Bitcoin

You should have followed your own advice and asked a person with IQ above 30; but you probably asked yourself instead did you? Smiley

i am satoshi
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:01:48 PM

Too Many Bitcoiners become armchair day traders only to lose their shirts, trousers and under crackers...............NO if you come across Bitcoin just considers it like picking up some early shares in Google or whatever analogy works for you.

Its becoming obvious that Bitcoin is heading someplace special so why waste your golden ticket gambling it away on an exchange ?

Bitrated user: Mick.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: