Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:43:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 ... 1548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DOGE] Dogecoin - very currency many coin - v1.10.0  (Read 3097690 times)
meikelcoin

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:59:08 PM

there are too many doge coins. and the year of the dog will not bring the course up. doge increases when btc rises and doge falls when btc drops. It was 4 years and will always be like this. there are just too many dogecoins. that will not be supercoin in 100 years
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RimmerAce

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:17:46 PM

there are too many doge coins. and the year of the dog will not bring the course up. doge increases when btc rises and doge falls when btc drops. It was 4 years and will always be like this. there are just too many dogecoins. that will not be supercoin in 100 years
Maybe there will be coin swap or a burn in the future
vickypon

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:22:53 PM

hi, I got some coins in multidoge wallet and I can't open it. Does it works at all? Or I should forget about it?

Offcourse working. It's my central wallet for my dogecoin
thunderjet

Activity: 916
Merit: 312

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:26:00 AM

DOGE was mined far too quickly and then abandoned by its creator.That is not good combination for any coin.

5% annual inflation on already far too big supply wont help it stability too.

D3m0nKinGx

Activity: 1638
Merit: 507

The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:53:49 AM

DOGE was mined far too quickly and then abandoned by its creator.That is not good combination for any coin.

And where is Satoshi with his bitcoin? Which was initially mined centrally by only himself.  Yet here's bitcoin today 9 years later, WITH inflation Smiley

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:07:22 AM

And where is Satoshi with his bitcoin? Which was initially mined centrally by only himself.  Yet here's bitcoin today 9 years later, WITH inflation Smiley
Yep. However, I've never understood why people throw around the "inflation" term. Inflation has to do with the cost of goods going up in price which may or may not have to do with more money being "printed". Printing more money (mining new coins) is referred to as quantitative easing. I suspect people throwing around inflation is just a way to FUD things which they may or may not know they're even doing. Course, the problem is that the stupid Bitcoin wiki use the term inflation as well sometimes when they're talking about the increased number of coins so that doesn't help. i.e. they use the terms added, increase and then they have a paragraph using inflation to say the same thing.. and then they actually use it more correctly in terms of alluding to the fees required to "buy" your way into a block.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
D3m0nKinGx

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:11:10 AM

Yep. However, I've never understood why people throw around the "inflation" term. Inflation has to do with the cost of goods going up in price which may or may not have to do with more money being "printed". Printing more money (mining new coins) is referred to as quantitative easing. I suspect people throwing around inflation is just a way to FUD things which they may or may not know they're even doing. Course, the problem is that the stupid Bitcoin wiki use the term inflation as well sometimes when they're talking about the increased number of coins so that doesn't help. i.e. they use the terms added, increase and then they have a paragraph using inflation to say the same thing.. and then they actually use it more correctly in terms of alluding to the fees required to "buy" your way into a block.

With regard to bitcoin inflation isn't really the right term, because it has  capped supply of 21 Million (which we won't see in our lifetime). but by going with wat the definition says:

Inflation (noun):

the action of inflating something or the condition of being inflated.
"the inflation of a balloon"
ECONOMICS
a general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money.
"policies aimed at controlling inflation"

I guess really neither apply? cause Doge has actually increased in value since its inception  Shocked Cool

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
tuanbct95

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:16:40 AM

With regard to bitcoin inflation isn't really the right term, because it has  capped supply of 21 Million (which we won't see in our lifetime). but by going with wat the definition says:

Inflation (noun):

ECONOMICS

I guess really neither apply? cause Doge has actually increased in value since its inception  Shocked Cool

To answer such a hard question, I have another difficult question for you.
How about current total market cap of Cryptocurrency market? Which component mainly affect the changes of total market cap?
Hope I can get interesting answers from you, bro.

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:18:39 AM

Inflation (noun):

ECONOMICS

Well, we're talking about "money" so it would be the economic definition. But yes, it doesn't apply because it's the things we buy with the coin that would be going up in price. Printing more money is quantitative easing. And here's the thing. If quantitative easing of the coin was sooooo bad, then why can I buy more today with a coin than I could 2 or 3 years ago. More people are born every day as well as coins being lost so you need to increase the coin supply "forever" as far as I'm concerned. The only reason I can come up with for people not wanting more coins out there is purely greed. But again, as we see with bitcoin, the price goes up (far more than actual real inflation) regardless of how many more coins are created every day.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
D3m0nKinGx

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:29:55 AM

Inflation (noun):

ECONOMICS

Well, we're talking about "money" so it would be the economic definition. But yes, it doesn't apply because it's the things we buy with the coin that would be going up in price. Printing more money is quantitative easing. And here's the thing. If quantitative easing of the coin was sooooo bad, then why can I buy more today with a coin than I could 2 or 3 years ago. More people are born every day as well as coins being lost so you need to increase the coin supply "forever" as far as I'm concerned. The only reason I can come up with for people not wanting more coins out there is purely greed. But again, as we see with bitcoin, the price goes up (far more than actual real inflation) regardless of how many more coins are created every day.

Probably an answer you already know why we can buy more with the same amount of coin from 2,3 even 5 years ago.... simply cause of the market dynamics of crypto, buy pressure eats up the orders of the sell side of the books, thus pushing the price higher, and if no one is pushing the price back down with orders to cancel out the pressure or reverse it, it will continue to rise as/if demand increases. For one thing, the technology behind the coin is bitcoin's primary reason for its value, then gradual mass adoption (more users (consumers/business and the like) = more buyers = buy pressure). As a trader myself, for some years, I don't try to resist a price rise, this is more something whales do, and more in depth / complex topic out of my area of knowledge.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
dogemoon

Activity: 125
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:14:25 AM

Why do people worry so much about the supply?

It will take 20 years for the amount of coins to be doubled.

In this universe where nobody knows if its value can reach 10 cents or 1 dollar, how important is it that within 20 years dogecoin lose half of its value?

In other words, why should we worry about devaluation of 4% or 3% if we expect anual revaluations of 200 or 500%?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. I have seen tips of thousands of Dogecoins. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
D3m0nKinGx

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:35:23 AM

In this universe where nobody knows if its value can reach 10 cents or 1 dollar, how important is it that within 20 years dogecoin lose half of its value?

In other words, why should we worry about devaluation of 4% or 3% if we expect anual revaluations of 200 or 500%?

Cause some of us came into crypto with fiat market principles, where they just don't always apply here in this realm. So until someone teaches, or we experience it on our own, grasping the concepts (unexplainable or otherwise) of things that happen takes a few trials and errors... practice makes perfect. As we've all seen, coins like tron, pascal in the past with pumps all high and mighty and why nobody knows, just because they can.  Inflation or no inflation, if some whale with 20,000 btc or more wants to he can pump doge or any coin to their liking, and rest are suckers for buying too high, and rides off to another coin with a clean cut of his his profits, to start the cycle all over again.  

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
thunderjet

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:27:07 AM

DOGE annual inflation of 5% would not be such problem if it was not mined far too quickly.It was good for quick buck speculators but it devastated coin on longterm.

DOGE has some advantages in regard of number of processed transactions per hour,cheap transactions and if mining process was setup to last as it was for BTC,DOGE destiny would be far different.At least it would be in position which DGB has now,which took all the best from DOGE and eliminated the worst.

DOGE price in BTCs is bouncing in same range for years,unlike some others big coins.When you look at possesion structure you can see how DOGE was far more centralized than others so call big coins.It means that handful of people was able to grab majority of coins at very cheap price due to massive and very quick mining process and effectively took full control of coin,which gave them power to complete control price and pump/dump at will.

Even if some other players with a lot of money would like to overtake DOGE,they cant,because they can buy only about  5% of total supply on exchanges,far from enough to change DOGE fate.So,Iam very sceptical about DOGE future,unless today majority owner/s make deal with some other big players with greater plans to coin than just pump&dump and sell them coins off exchange.But it is highly unlikely.

Neuron76

Activity: 31
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:11:58 PM

DOGE price in BTCs is bouncing in same range for years

But that fact makes it good for short term traders, isn't it?
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:37:27 PM

I've been dogecoin since 2013. but the course is still very low. If I had bought btc then I would be millionaire today. that was a big mistake in 2013. and I think doge will never be worth more than 100-150  satoshi because there are way too many coins. that was a mistake of the DEV in 2014

That's nonsense my friend, huge nonsense. DOGE probably even outperformed Bitcoin relatively I think. Not sure where you bought in but DOGE was super cheap at one point, one figure million market cap, even close to one million. Imagine you bought during those times Wink
Angel Di

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

EVOS

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:36:07 PM

In the last few years I observe a tendency that the market of the total cost grows equally with all. All coins with a growth of the general capitalization grow. I think with the following growth it will be possible to see most too as was before. The question only to what price will be the following growth of dogs.
thunderjet

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:59:22 PM

Not exactly for short term traders due to long pump/dump cycles.More for mid-term if they buy them at lower range prices.
BitcoinBoy1337

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:20:22 PM

Not exactly for short term traders due to long pump/dump cycles.More for mid-term if they buy them at lower range prices.

well even short term traders can get their cut, since the cycles can vary

no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:11:35 PM

In the last few years I observe a tendency that the market of the total cost grows equally with all. All coins with a growth of the general capitalization grow. I think with the following growth it will be possible to see most too as was before. The question only to what price will be the following growth of dogs.

That's true to some degree but you shouldn't forget that not only the overall market cap grew, but also the number of projects on which the money invested is being spread out. I know we have a lot of new people every day coming into crypto, but we also have a huge number of new projects that ask for money.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:20:56 PM

Completely agree - the unlimited supply will mean that DOGE will last for longer than most - see IXC which burnt its supply 4-5 years ago, its struggling to keep afloat
Pages: « 1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 ... 1548 »
  Print  

Jump to: