Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:35:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 ... 1549 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DOGE] Dogecoin - very currency many coin - v1.10.0  (Read 3097996 times)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 09:58:04 PM

It's a shame he's staying...

His attitude towards investors interested in Dogecoin is quite frustrating. Moolah has only done good to the community and contributed considerably to dogecoin's credibility as a currency.

I agree about Jackson.  I don't know who Moolah is.

He doesn't run or own Dogecoin. People just need to code their way into this bitch as I was saying. Just hard fork it with merge mining to LTC and Jackson can't do dick about it.

Please cap it @ 100 billion like the Original post please whoever forks it. <3

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:15:36 PM

Voidspace was greenlit on Steam today. That's pretty exciting.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269740803&searchtext=void

awesome!!!

I am a backer!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:02:22 PM

It's a shame he's staying...

His attitude towards investors interested in Dogecoin is quite frustrating. Moolah has only done good to the community and contributed considerably to dogecoin's credibility as a currency.

I agree about Jackson.  I don't know who Moolah is.
He doesn't run or own Dogecoin. People just need to code their way into this bitch as I was saying. Just hard fork it with merge mining to LTC and Jackson can't do dick about it.

Please cap it @ 100 billion like the Original post please whoever forks it. <3

Moolah is the owner of https://v2.moolah.io/, an interface which lists hundreds of merchants who accept cryptocurrencies. He has also developped an easy to use escrow system, plus the exchange http://prelude.io/, and Moofarm which is a dogecoin-focused mining facility.

The recent controversy about Jackson was because Moolah wants to stop that trading card company from trademarking the word "doge", and Jackson misinterpreted this like if Moolah wanted to copyright "doge" himself. For some reason, Jackson seems to prefer that nothing be done about it and that it's ok that the trading card company trademarks "doge", because they said they didn't plan on attacking merchants who sells dogecoin related merchandise...

This might interest you, BayAreaCoins: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoindev/comments/289ki5/okay_lets_talk_proofofstake/
It's a recent discussion between Dogecoin's devs, where many of them seems willing to change to PoS after the 600000th block. And there are arguments there about lowering the yearly inflation from 5 Billion coins to 2.5 Billions.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:08:21 PM

Moolah is the owner of https://v2.moolah.io/, an interface which lists hundreds of merchants who accept cryptocurrencies. He has also developped an easy to use escrow system, plus the exchange http://prelude.io/, and Moofarm which is a dogecoin-focused mining facility.

The recent controversy about Jackson was because Moolah wants to stop that trading card company from trademarking the word "doge", and Jackson misinterpreted this like if Moolah wanted to copyright "doge" himself. For some reason, Jackson seems to prefer that nothing be done about it and that it's ok that the trading card company trademarks "doge", because they said they didn't plan on attacking merchants who sells dogecoin related merchandise...

This might interest you, BayAreaCoins: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoindev/comments/289ki5/okay_lets_talk_proofofstake/
It's a recent discussion between Dogecoin's devs, where many of them seems willing to change to PoS after the 600000th block. And there are arguments there about lowering the yearly inflation from 5 Billion coins to 2.5 Billions.

I am usually very positive about DOGE: The recent events are way too much drama!
Coins are supposed to have set "rules" (i.e. POW vs POS // Total number of coins + inflation rate, etc) and they usually do not ever change.
Perhaps this is the start of a new era of flexible rules, but is that a good thing?

lynn_402

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:22:09 PM

I am usually very positive about DOGE: The recent events are way too much drama!
Coins are supposed to have set "rules" (i.e. POW vs POS // Total number of coins + inflation rate, etc) and they usually do not ever change.
Perhaps this is the start of a new era of flexible rules, but is that a good thing?

Imho, it is important for rules to be flexible to be able to adapt to the ever-changing nature of (micro-)societies and economies.

If the majority of the users agree with the changes, then it most likely is reasonable. Of course, this is quite different from fiat where 0.00001% of the population as any real power of the currency.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 11:28:25 PM

STILL IN SERVICE Smiley

With dedicated EUR, US AND ASIA Nodes !

Stratum
Vardiff
SSL
A very handy separate site optimized for Mobile Phones i.e. IPhone/Android (only visible from phone)
Idle Worker Notifications
Proportional Payout
Manual Cash Out Function
Very fast machine/high availability
NO PPLNS ! Payout immediately after block has found (and is confirmed) in full !

Re-Captcha Logins, no locked accounts due to brute force attacks !

Currently 0 % FEE !
Currently 5555 DOGE Block Finder Reward !

This is the pool without downtimes
The pool without users blaming it for stealing
The pool where no coins were stolen or lost
The pool were all (auto-)payments work flawless
The pool with support in minutes !
It's the hassle-free-pool

Search the forums for it !

Version 1.6 !

https://www.dogepool.net

Updating to 1.7 anytime soon?

Currently not needed as there will be No fork. 1.6 runs pretty good for pools and has no drawback at all..  It is fully compatible with 1.7

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
tazpa

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:06:03 AM

I wonder if "cap doge block rewards" people would be happy if the cap would be set to more than 100 years in the future like in bitcoin, the world will change before that. Actually reaching the cap will significantly drop the hash rate.
I don't like PoS (the rich getting richer) but I don't like the race that is which coin can bleed more money to secure good hash rate by PoW. Security has a cost, currently it's covered by block rewards, or inflation, if you wish to word it like that.
I feel that it's important for newcomers to have a possibility to earn some coins instead of having to buy their way in.

Much serious, very post, such sorry, now happy, wow!  Cheesy  Grin
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:50:49 AM

I never had a PoS coin in my portfolio and never will have one. PoS is not backed by anything other than the belief there are worth anything and there will be an endless supply of PoS coins because one created today does not have a significant advantage over on created tomorrow, next week, next month.......
What currently is happening is new coins are created with PoW, mined for a week until a fixed number is reached and then change to PoS and then you can claim your stake at buying xyz coin. The only advantage a coin released today has over on made sometime in the future is, somebody already bought into it. The advantage quickly disappears if the new coin has a better catch phrase a flashier webpage or bigger marketing capital....There is no end in sight for stake claimed coins and all promising x % return if you know a bit of programming you will have your very one coin too and everyone can buy into your claim based coin.
Its a barrel without bottom and once it clicks run for the hills if you own a stake.  

A new pure PoW coin can not compete with existing once on the market unless its cheats in some way by instamine, premine, ninjamine or some other scam which then prevents it form growing. The inflation handicap will always be with Litecoin in regard to Bitcoin and so it can not get in front, and equally stops new pure PoW coins in its tracks. Inflation also works in favour of Dogecoin in the short term so merge mining puts Dogecoin in a favourable position.

PoW is backed by energy. There is no better backing than energy because everyone needs it, wants it and i will never have any problem selling it. To create a PoW coin you need x amount of energy and you can not cheat. The best you can hope for is to have  a more efficient miner. Because the energy has been spent the coin has a base value (many other things on top) and is a kind of a storage medium.

Mark my words
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:08:35 AM

Join us now on Kingcoiny and trade your Dogecoins for only 0.15% right now.

https://www.kingcoiny.com/index.php?page=trade&market=DOGE

See you soon on Kingcoiny !

Ben
CEO Cryptocoiny Limited
Kingcoiny is a trademark of Cryptocoiny Limited.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:34:24 PM

I never had a PoS coin in my portfolio and never will have one. PoS is not backed by anything other than the belief there are worth anything and there will be an endless supply of PoS coins because one created today does not have a significant advantage over on created tomorrow, next week, next month.......
What currently is happening is new coins are created with PoW, mined for a week until a fixed number is reached and then change to PoS and then you can claim your stake at buying xyz coin. The only advantage a coin released today has over on made sometime in the future is, somebody already bought into it. The advantage quickly disappears if the new coin has a better catch phrase a flashier webpage or bigger marketing capital....There is no end in sight for stake claimed coins and all promising x % return if you know a bit of programming you will have your very one coin too and everyone can buy into your claim based coin.
Its a barrel without bottom and once it clicks run for the hills if you own a stake.   

A new pure PoW coin can not compete with existing once on the market unless its cheats in some way by instamine, premine, ninjamine or some other scam which then prevents it form growing. The inflation handicap will always be with Litecoin in regard to Bitcoin and so it can not get in front, and equally stops new pure PoW coins in its tracks. Inflation also works in favour of Dogecoin in the short term so merge mining puts Dogecoin in a favourable position.

PoW is backed by energy. There is no better backing than energy because everyone needs it, wants it and i will never have any problem selling it. To create a PoW coin you need x amount of energy and you can not cheat. The best you can hope for is to have  a more efficient miner. Because the energy has been spent the coin has a base value (many other things on top) and is a kind of a storage medium.

Mark my words

Like it takes banks a lot of energy to make a few mouse clicks to create new money, yeah right. And that money is then backed by nothing (in most cases), but valued by everyone. Go figure that one out.
lynn_402

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:25:32 PM

PoW is backed by energy. There is no better backing than energy because everyone needs it, wants it and i will never have any problem selling it. To create a PoW coin you need x amount of energy and you can not cheat. The best you can hope for is to have  a more efficient miner. Because the energy has been spent the coin has a base value (many other things on top) and is a kind of a storage medium.

Mark my words

Imho, the way in which a coin is mined makes no difference to a coin's value. PoW coins are not backed by energy, but by the community.
Or else why would Litecoin's price be a few times lower than its ATH, while its hashrate is ridiculously higher than it was at that time?

What gives a coin value is the community's consensus, and it seems fitting that it's the coins community (the holders) who would get the new coins by securing the network, rather than relying on our block reward being high enough to attrack multipool miners who don't care about the future of the coin. And it seems more and more true that ASIC companies are the only one to truly profit from mining; that leads to centralization which is the opposite of what cryptocurrencies should be about.
manfred
Legendary

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:41:38 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 06:05:30 PM by manfred

Mark my words

Imho, the way in which a coin is mined makes no difference to a coin's value. PoW coins are not backed by energy, but by the community.
Or else why would Litecoin's price be a few times lower than its ATH, while its hashrate is ridiculously higher than it was at that time?

What gives a coin value is the community's consensus, and it seems fitting that it's the coins community (the holders) who would get the new coins by securing the network, rather than relying on our block reward being high enough to attrack multipool miners who don't care about the future of the coin. And it seems more and more true that ASIC companies are the only one to truly profit from mining; that leads to centralization which is the opposite of what cryptocurrencies should be about.

I can guarantee that you can not produce a bitcoin under $400 today so you have a base value then you have to add all sort of other factors to get to todays price.
Litecoins price is a few times lower for a number of reasons and one of them is that ASICs produce a coin much more efficient and so can be sold much cheaper as if produced with GPU    
Unfortunately, ASICs is one thing Satoshi did not foresee, but PoW coins it is truly honest money as you can not cheat and dont need anyone's consensus. Community's consensus, yep the Government needs it and gives fiat value and not honest money like PoW coins. 
c33b51

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:22:51 PM

I think it is a good time to buy some at current price
manfred
Legendary

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:28:59 PM

+1 bargain of the year
be greedy when others are fearful
lynn_402

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:31:56 PM

I can guarantee that you can not produce a bitcoin under $400 today so you have a base value then you have to add all sort of other factors to get to todays price.
Litecoins price is a few times lower for a number of reasons and one of them is that ASICs produce a coin much more efficient and so can be sold much cheaper as if produced with GPU    
Unfortunately, ASICs is one thing Satoshi did not foresee, but PoW coins it is truly honest money as you can not cheat and dont need anyone's consensus. Community's consensus, yep the Government needs it and gives fiat value and not honest money like PoW coins. 

Even if, right now, a Bitcoin can not be produced under $400, it still needs community consensus to stay above that price. A crash to 200$ could happen, and difficulty would adapt so a Bitcoin could be produced at that price. And ASIC companies who have access to cheap miners and electricity can propably produce them at a considerably lower price anyways. Because of this, I think it's wrong to say that PoW gives a base value to a coin.

And there is no way to cheat with PoS either; everybody gets the same interest rate for protecting the network.

+1 bargain of the year

Cheesy
Speculators seem to be forgetting that Dogecoin managed to stay above 100 satoshis when the inflation rate was almost ten times higher than what it will be in a week, and when its community was a lot smaller and with fewer merchants involved.
mightyshibe

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:55:13 PM

+1 bargain of the year
yep, buying

adud

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:45:36 PM

Even if, right now, a Bitcoin can not be produced under $400, it still needs community consensus to stay above that price. A crash to 200$ could happen, and difficulty would adapt so a Bitcoin could be produced at that price. And ASIC companies who have access to cheap miners and electricity can propably produce them at a considerably lower price anyways. Because of this, I think it's wrong to say that PoW gives a base value to a coin.

And there is no way to cheat with PoS either; everybody gets the same interest rate for protecting the network.

I am open to both POW and POS, but POW is working for bitcoin from start, and POS is still young and needs validation over time (in sense of market sentiment and acceptance).  Is it worth to improve security with POS but at the same time introduce new (unknown at the time) risk factors?
C10H15N

Activity: 855
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:05:07 PM

http://dogecoinball.com/comics

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:02:55 AM

+1 bargain of the year
yep, buying

I'm pretty sure it will reach at least to 100 satoshis very soon, it always does  Cheesy
lynn_402

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:07:36 AM

I am open to both POW and POS, but POW is working for bitcoin from start, and POS is still young and needs validation over time (in sense of market sentiment and acceptance).  Is it worth to improve security with POS but at the same time introduce new (unknown at the time) risk factors?

Many coins have took risks with PoS by now, and no major problem have been found.
Dogecoin's developper consider that using PoS might be a good idea no sooner than the 600000th block, so that's plenty of time for other coins to thoroughly test it really.
Pages: « 1 ... 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 ... 1549 »
  Print  

Jump to: